PDA

View Full Version : Deleted thread

Magnus
30th March 2008, 19:41
I have been on this forum for three and a half years now. It have been one calm day after another. very little rubbish going on, some bashing at times, but the tone is mostly polite. But today, all of a sudden, a thread is deleted abt Mosley and his adventures. The thread consisted of a decent discussion regarding media and wheather Mosley would step down or not. I was very surprised by this measure from the mod in charge. furthermore the thread in which you maybe could have thoughts abt the deleting of the thread was closed after three posts.
I realy do not understand this, and hope it is a one-time only. I would also like a well-founded explanation for the actions taken.

/Magnus

pino
30th March 2008, 22:20
I have been on this forum for three and a half years now. It have been one calm day after another. very little rubbish going on, some bashing at times, but the tone is mostly polite. But today, all of a sudden, a thread is deleted abt Mosley and his adventures. The thread consisted of a decent discussion regarding media and wheather Mosley would step down or not. I was very surprised by this measure from the mod in charge. furthermore the thread in which you maybe could have thoughts abt the deleting of the thread was closed after three posts.
I realy do not understand this, and hope it is a one-time only. I would also like a well-founded explanation for the actions taken.

/Magnus

I've reopened the thread you're talking about as the topic isn't Mosley private live but the future of FIA presidency. Unfortunatelly the ones I've had to close (or asked to close) earlier where about Mosley "adventures" and that is none of our business...

Magnus
30th March 2008, 22:22
Thanks for your response Pino!

Valve Bounce
2nd April 2008, 09:48
I noticed the ever enjoyable thread about Max has been closed.

I just wonder if any further discussions could be possible in this forum with future developments in this case?

If it is not welcome in the F1 forum, perhaps it would be tolerated in the chit chat forum. So what is the feeling of the mods on this?

pino
2nd April 2008, 11:23
No more threads about Max will be allowed...sorry :)

AAReagles
10th April 2008, 23:53
No more threads about Max will be allowed...sorry :)

Quite understandable considering the nature of events portrayed (revealed) by the media. Threads have gone into 'nuke' (disruptive) mode on just the subject of drivers alone.

I would hope that those members who are concerned enough about the current state of the sport, and the malignant direction it appears to be heading these days with not only the recent subject matter; but the tolerance of driver misconduct, questionable actions of teams, dismantling of regional racing venues/circuits for the sake of ruthless greed, thug mentality exibitions of racism and whatever the hell else is possible these days - that members of this forum would direct their dissatisfaction and concerns to the FIA. As I intend to do.

Enough is enough. My money can be spent better elsewhere, quite easily I might add.