PDA

View Full Version : Snetterton Results

darknessrock
30th March 2008, 16:00
http://www.tsl-timing.com/brscc/2008/81331.pdf

Looks like Colin was going well, but missed a couple of laps.. long pitstop???

pickup
30th March 2008, 16:18
Have i read that right, were there just 9 cars in the three classes? if so thats a bit dissapointing, what happened to all the 2.0ltr sillouhetes even on a bad day they used to be into double figures for just that one class.

acorn
30th March 2008, 16:38
you can't say you weren't warned. see duane's post here:

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=450464&postcount=12

The Pits!
30th March 2008, 17:56
Have i read that right, were there just 9 cars in the three classes? if so thats a bit dissapointing, .
agreed, disapppointing but surely not in the least surprising?

Just like the beginning of every SCSA/ASCAR season recently, lets just hope it doesn't stay like it - I want to get back to the Rock Oval in 2009

pickup
30th March 2008, 18:02
you can't say you weren't warned. see duane's post here:

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=450464&postcount=12

I did read that post and wasn't surprised about the number of V8's just the total number of cars, i thought there would have been more VSR's especially the 2.0ltr's even Duane said he expected car No's to reach double figures!

The Pits!
30th March 2008, 18:17
gets better and worse for race 2 - colin won :) but only 8 starters this time

scubie
30th March 2008, 19:30
Colin had a puncture in race 1. :(

Tony had gearbox problems in both races.

Will post some pics in a while.

Gasman#99
30th March 2008, 19:42
Tony had fuel pressure problems in race 1 and gearbox problems, we sorted the fuel problem between races and thought we had fixed the box only for it to get worse. colin though left everything standing in race 2.

The Pits!
30th March 2008, 19:43
Colin had a puncture in race 1. :(
which cost him 2 laps? come on guys, you're out of practice :)

Reynard
30th March 2008, 22:52
Actually, even though the VSR field was small, the racing was pretty good and the drivers did entertain.

Keith White and Steve Barnard had ding-dong battles in both races with Keith prevailing each time. Jonathan Hoggarth spent time perfecting his powersliding technique coming out of Coram going towards Russell, Kevin Clarke had a few good moments before his car called it a day and Colin, reverse grid aside, did some pretty nifty overtaking.

Me personally, I think this series is a good combination of cars and when more guys come on board I think it will be pretty competitive and great fun. Moving the V8s to the circuits was a brave move, but I think it was a good one from today's showing.

I did think that the V8s would struggle, particularly through the Esses and Russell, but although there was a bit of sliding from Colin at Russell, the overall balance of the car through the corners looked good - IMHO far better than when Gavin raced one of the West Tec cars at the Rock.

And last but not least, they really did sound gorgeous - that V8 growl is an amazing sound out on a road course and you can hear it halfway round the circuit! :)

acorn
31st March 2008, 18:23
"And last but not least, they really did sound gorgeous - that V8 growl is an amazing sound out on a road course and you can hear it halfway round the circuit! "

why'd you have to say that? all the powers that be will do is slap a lower Db limit on them if they think it's enjoyable.

foxystoat
31st March 2008, 21:05
Were there only 2 SCSA cars out of the 9 starters in race 1 ?

racing59
1st April 2008, 06:17
Yep.

foxystoat
1st April 2008, 08:06
Crikey there must be lots of cars stood idle around the country at the minute !
So we have gone from 8 or 9 at the start of last season to 2 with the switch to road courses this seaon. Not the most promising of starts is it considering numbers were up to 15 or 16 at the end of last season ? The switch has lost 14 cars from the grid obviously with sponsorship factors etc thrown into the mix.
I just wish somehow you could have stayed on the Oval, there are plenty of other circuit series out there without creating another one.

Gasman#99
1st April 2008, 12:54
I think you will find theres alot of people out there trying to set the cars up for the races, we only finished the #99 on saturday afternoon, we didnt have time to finish tony hurdles car, which still has to have rain lights, brake lights and wiper motor fitted as well as a rear axle, rob compton's trying hard to rebuild his # 59 after the wall jumped out on him at rockingham, and other people have the same problems, add the problem of not having the licenses for 2008 through to drive and some drivers not doing road courses this year.
having saying that, on sunday we had a person with us all day, who has a drive when his cars ready for another team, alsodrivers from other racing that came over showing a intrest in testing the cars. so keep positive, for the 1st weekend on road courses i was very good.

jeffmr2
1st April 2008, 20:56
Who sets the race dates? Seems a bit daft to me to have a race date when the cars arent ready to race. When you coming to pembrey :)

Yung
2nd April 2008, 19:01
First weekend of September! (o^_^o) I can't wait!! Close to home and my sister wants to come and watch the race on Sunday too! :D

pickup
2nd April 2008, 19:41
First weekend of September! (o^_^o) I can't wait!! Close to home and my sister wants to come and watch the race on Sunday too! :D
Can she make TEA?

Nick Brad
3rd April 2008, 23:27
Can she make TEA?

I hope so with all that tea they have in China. Then again, Yung can't cook with his chinese origins so I wouldn't hold out too much on that cup of char. ;)

Yung
5th April 2008, 04:16
Don't forget i'm more Welsh than Chinese! LOL!

She prefers tea with no milk....... so I guess i'll be making it then! :P

Nick Brad
5th April 2008, 07:49
True, and they don't have lamb on the chinese menu do they. ;)

I hope that you can make tea quicker than you change a wheel centre though :laugh:

Yung
6th April 2008, 23:33
Depends if there's QUALIFYING before I add the milk!!! LOL!