PDA

View Full Version : McLaren put to back of Sakhir pitlane

Tazio
30th March 2008, 13:09
FOM is over riding the the decision that allowed McLaren to move up to pit position 5! Is this the FOM putting their foot down! Does this mean what I think it means. It can't! Bernie is the fom, or is that more of Max's juristiction This is a very ambiguos report. What's going on here you guys that are in the know about these things

The Bahrain Grand Prix organisers have apologised to McLaren fans after having to demote the Formula One leaders to the slow end of the pitlane for next Sunday's race.

The garage allocation is based on last year's positions in the constructors' standings and McLaren were stripped of all their points in 2007 due to a spying controversy over possession of Ferrari data.

However the Mercedes-powered team, with Britain's Lewis Hamilton leading the drivers' standings, were given the fifth set of garages at the first two races of the season behind champions Ferrari, BMW Sauber, Renault and Williams.

Bahrain organisers had expected McLaren to take a similar position at Sakhir but said on Sunday they had been forced to make a late change after being told by Formula One Management that would not be the case.

McLaren will now get the last set of garages, next to tail-enders Force India.

"In Bahrain we do our utmost to ensure that fans of each team get to sit opposite their favourite team's pit garages to see the action unfold," said the circuit's chief operating officer Sheikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa in a statement.

"Sadly on this occasion, we must apologise to McLaren fans and accept that this is force majeure."

Bahrain's state-owned Mumtalakat holding company has a 30 percent stake in McLaren.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66228

http://www.transplantfund.org/Restricted/patient-detail.cfm?pat_id=2061&CFID=5501708&CFTOKEN=63350618

Tazio
30th March 2008, 13:45
Yes FOM have enforced the normally accepted pit allocation determinator
http://uk.reuters.com/article/motorSportsNews/idUKL3066895120080330?rpc=401&
"
“They had been forced to make a late change after being told by Formula One Management that would not be the case."

Wow! So the FOM do have a sense of fair play.
Bully!!
Or is it that like alcohol is not allowed in public venues in Bahrain
May be they have also cut off the distribution and consumption of The Kool-Aid :beer:

http://www.transplantfund.org/Restri...KEN=633506 18

Bagwan
30th March 2008, 13:52
This is stupid .
It is what they should have done in the first place , but the fact they are doing it now shows up the incompetence of the original decision to give them slot 5 .

And , having the race organizers come out with an apology before an official announcement is unbelieveable .
I would guess that those seats across from the sharp end , where the Macs usually are , aren't filled with a single regular fan who'd bought his/her own seat , but rather , by folks that Mumtalakat holding company deems worthy of a corporate freebie .

That's no apology to any real fan , but instead , a sorry to the money guys that the freebie is somewhat diminished . How very cheezy .

However , good that order is restored , but , if this really is an issue that deserves a "force majeure" wording , it appears they had no choice in the matter .
Now , given that they ran the first 2 races from an advanced position up the pitlane , did they gain advantage as such ?

Can open , worms everywhere .

markabilly
30th March 2008, 13:59
May be they have also cut off the distribution and consumption of The Kool-Aid :beer:

probably the "alcohol" factor....Mackool aid contains a large percentage of wood alcohol to help people see Mactruth and they probably got that confused with the other type (or grain) "alcohol" that helps people see Jeeus :D

Tazio
30th March 2008, 14:02
However , good that order is restored , but , if this really is an issue that deserves a "force majeure" wording , it appears they had no choice in the matter .
Now , given that they ran the first 2 races from an advanced position up the pitlane , did they gain advantage as such ?

Can open , worms everywhere .
F1 without a doubt has the most poorly managed administration,
and governing body of any major sport!
by a freaking mile!

trumperZ06
30th March 2008, 14:04
:p : Mad Max and the FIA pride themselves on...

Consistantly being In-Consistant !!!

;) Always keep the fans confused by exercising...

creative rules inforcement !!!

:rolleyes: Sometimes one wonders if...

They are just looking for headlines.

Tazio
30th March 2008, 14:10
:p : Mad Max and the FIA pride themselves on...

Consistantly being In-Consistant !!!

;) Always keep the fans confused by exercising...

creative rules inforcement !!!

:rolleyes: Sometimes one wonders if...

They are just looking for headlines.

I know this. It's a jive deal
But I'm constantly amazed at how they find new and creative ways to practice this nonsense!!!!!!

markabilly
30th March 2008, 14:11
that is why they luv louie....always a headline somewhere, unlike that Mumbler,

heck fire, he even gets a headline about being lonely in his expensive apartment overlooking that ugly gross stinky sewer pit aka "Lake geneva" with all the other super wealthy and celebs types, and who he plays internent games with, whereas what have we heard about the Mumbler all year?
a couple of photos with Kiss at australian GP and that is about it....ooopppps I forgot his house, Mumbler bought in thailand so he can ride his snowmobile in privacy or whatever......

markabilly
30th March 2008, 14:20
Or maybe mac's extra-special bernei check bounced or was lost in the mail somewhere

or maybe that toher check for 100million has not arrived

Tazio
30th March 2008, 14:33
I'm starting to wonder if there is a tactical upside to being at the end of the pit at Sakir. Any informed opinions. I never have used the word McCheat in any post. But I am starting to smell a conspiracy.

markabilly
30th March 2008, 14:37
. I never have used the word McCheat in any post. .
Wanna bet???

Tazio
30th March 2008, 14:46
Wanna bet???I know I'Ve never used it> unless it was in a quote

markabilly
30th March 2008, 15:08
I'm starting to wonder if there is a tactical upside to being at the end of the pit at Sakir. Any informed opinions. I never have used the word McCheat in any post. But I am starting to smell a conspiracy.

I know I'Ve never used it> unless it was in a quote

Post number 452108.

and it is not in a quote.

have u and ronnie learned nothing?

u got get up real early in the morn to slip one past me.... :s mokin:

Tazio
30th March 2008, 16:26
452108 is the post I qualified as saying I never used it (before)
If I used it somewhere else please clue me in and tell me if I searching correctly. but according to my search452108 was my previous post.
so it's a gag? I can't tell if your being serious or not. If your calling me a liar please produce the quote. It's not out of the realm of possibility it slipped out before otherwise don't misrepresent me! thanks
http://www.transplantfund.org/Restri...KEN=633506

GP-M3
30th March 2008, 18:31
By the way it was FOM in the first place that gave the Mac preferenetial treatment and moved them up to pit 5. Everyone likes to blame Max, but it was Bernie this time. Also, I'm sick of Bernie pushing the idiotic night races... part of the draw of a GP is the color, the majesty, the size, and much of that will be diminished at night. If that w@nker wants prime time viewing for the Euro audience, he should just hold races in Europe. I'd much prefer that, than let's see.. Korea!

But I'm constantly amazed at how they find new and creative ways to practice this nonsense!!!!!!

Yes FOM have enforced the normally accepted pit allocation determinator
http://uk.reuters.com/article/motorSportsNews/idUKL3066895120080330?rpc=401&
"
“They had been forced to make a late change after being told by Formula One Management that would not be the case."

Wow! So the FOM do have a sense of fair play.
Bully!!

maximilian
30th March 2008, 18:52
Wouldn't it make most sense to update the pit positions based on the CURRENT standings, versus using last year's for the entire season? I can't see any real drawback in that.... just start the first race based on the previous year's standings, then update the lineup according to the actual and relevant results...

trumperZ06
30th March 2008, 19:03
;) Damn Maximilian... that will never FLY !!!

:D It makes too much sense !!!

markabilly
30th March 2008, 19:16
:monkeedan
452108 is the post I qualified as saying I never used it (before)
If I used it somewhere else please clue me in and tell me if I searching correctly. but according to my search452108 was my previous post.
so it's a gag? I can't tell if your being serious or not. If your calling me a liar please produce the quote. It's not out of the realm of possibility it slipped out before otherwise don't misrepresent me! thanks
http://www.transplantfund.org/Restri...KEN=633506

As you know, I am always serious.....and busting chops.....and never is now gone..... :monkeedan

Tazio
30th March 2008, 20:44
:monkeedan

As you know, I am always serious.....and busting chops.....and never is now gone..... :monkeedan
Thanks for letting me know that!
Let's move on I've got bigger fish to fry

markabilly
30th March 2008, 22:36
Thanks for letting me know that!
Let's move on I've got bigger fish to fry
So what is this in your signature line? Sounds serious

Tazio
30th March 2008, 22:52
I had all the infornation posted but the mods disallowed it I sent you as well as many other forum PM's about it. chek your messages I'd like to discussit with each and everyone that is able to help in any capacity possible

Tazio
31st March 2008, 07:32
As more news becomes available, this situation just seems to get sadder, and
sadder! ;)

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/controller.php?lang=en&theme=default&month=3&year=2008&nextMode=GpNewsForm&news_id=30480
In a last minute change, however, the BIC has been informed by Formula One Management that the Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes team has had new pits allocated. Originally it was planned that the team would take its place in the fifth set of garages, as it did for the Malaysian and Australian Grands Prix.

However late notice arrived to announce that instead of garages 15-18, the Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes team would take up residence in garages 33-35. Traditionally the pit lane allocation is decided by the previous season’s points but McLaren scored no points in the constructors’ championship despite its drivers finishing second and third in the drivers’ title battle behind Ferrari’s Kimi Räikkönen.

“We understand that it is in line with the rules and regulations of the sport for McLaren, which scored no points in the 2007 constructors’ championship, to take the final set of garages,” said Shaikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa, Chief Operating Officer at the BIC. “However in Bahrain we do our utmost to ensure that fans of each team get to sit opposite their favourite team’s pit garages to see the action unfold. Sadly on this occasion we must apologise to McLaren fans and accept that this is force majeure.”

The Formula One paddock itself is a hive of activity, with the team hospitality areas being branded and kitted out and the Paddock Club suites above the pit lane being fettled in sumptuous style.

Ari
31st March 2008, 07:44
Imo this is BAD!

I was the first to boil when McLaren were not relegated to the back of pitlane but this is even worse imo.

FOM need to understand they can't make up their minds as they go along. McLaren may have allocated equipment and corporate hospitality based on getting bay5 as they had been advised. If they've less space does that mean McLaren now have to turn away high-end ticket holders as there's simply not enough room?

As per the article re fans who have bought tickets across from McLaren, I completed understand their frustration.

This is not good enough. Once a decision had been made, albeit the wrong one, they needed to stick to it.

wmcot
31st March 2008, 07:47
This is stupid .
It is what they should have done in the first place

I say pitch them a tent out in the desert sand next to where the camels are tied up! :)

ArrowsFA1
31st March 2008, 08:24
This is stupid .
It is what they should have done in the first place , but the fact they are doing it now shows up the incompetence of the original decision to give them slot 5 ...Can open , worms everywhere .
I agree :up: It's a mess. Are we going to get this at every race with the FIA/FOM meeting to decide "where shall we put McLaren this weekend?" :rolleyes:

Tazio
31st March 2008, 09:11
I say pitch them a tent out in the desert sand next to where the camels are tied up! :) I thought I had strong feelings along these lines!
Dude Get Down with your bad self ;)

leopard
31st March 2008, 09:16
I think they have been rewarded by scoring them no point last year. :D

Don't know that there is space available for the spy.
This is to describe how bad espionage case is, so I suggest stop spying others it only tells how bad is you, save your time!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 09:18
As I stated in the Max thread: It seems that in F1 truth is truly stranger than fiction.
Really look at the events as if it was the plot of a story.
It would be rejected as something such a prestigious enterprise would do as being completely unbelievable!

Valve Bounce
31st March 2008, 10:08
Looks like somebody got caught with his pants down. :p : :p : :D :rotflmao:

Tazio
31st March 2008, 10:13
Looks like somebody got caught with his pants down. :p : :p : :D :rotflmao: :)

F1boat
31st March 2008, 10:24
McLaren should have been last in the pitlane since race 1.

ioan
31st March 2008, 11:41
Interesting move from Bernie (as he is the one giving orders at the FOM).
He first puts them 5th than sends them to the end. Just another way to put F1 in the news! ;)

Ranger
31st March 2008, 12:29
He first puts them 5th than sends them to the end. Just another way to put F1 in the news! ;)

It's certainly been an "interesting" week, to say the least! :p :

Tazio
31st March 2008, 12:59
He first puts them 5th than sends them to the end. Just another way to put F1 in the news! ;) This is just conjecture. Is it possible that they were moved because of a belief by these mostly strict
Muslims want to know that their GP is held in acordance with their belief in honesty, and fair play.
Thus turning the tables on Bernie saying "you can take our millions. But our fans are going to have every reason to believe the race they are presenting is completely on the up, and up"

Valve Bounce
31st March 2008, 13:53

..............of the World??

PSfan
1st April 2008, 06:48

Well, I'm hoping that what happened in Malaysia was a simple matter of the organisers seeing how the teams where placed in Australia and assumed thats the way it should be. given the week between races, maybe there wasn't enough time to set this straight as the "no room at the end of pit lane for McLeran" wasn't going to be applicable at all tracks...

I had downloaded the 08 Malaysian gp press kit hoping in would include the pit allocations on there, but alas it didn't, and I forgot to check to see who Mcleran was pitting beside during the race. Also I would like to note that grid position isn't set in stone as according to the Turkish GP Press kit, Williams took the back spots on pit lane in 07 (But they still maintained the 3 garage space as opposed to 2 garages that SA, Spyker, and Team Torro got )

leopard
1st April 2008, 10:38
Looks like somebody got caught with his pants down. :p : :p : :D :rotflmao:
You do not need to know what others doing in the bedroom. :)

Tazio
1st April 2008, 11:06
You do not need to know what others doing in the bedroom. :) I like your way of thinking my insightful friend!

ioan
1st April 2008, 11:07
You do not need to know what others doing in the bedroom. :)

Some need to, some do not! ;)

Tazio
1st April 2008, 11:13
Some need to, some do not! ;)

Spot on!

Knock-on
1st April 2008, 11:16
FOM is over riding the the decision that allowed McLaren to move up to pit position 5! Is this the FOM putting their foot down! Does this mean what I think it means. It can't! Bernie is the fom, or is that more of Max's juristiction This is a very ambiguos report. What's going on here you guys that are in the know about these things

The Bahrain Grand Prix organisers have apologised to McLaren fans after having to demote the Formula One leaders to the slow end of the pitlane for next Sunday's race.

The garage allocation is based on last year's positions in the constructors' standings and McLaren were stripped of all their points in 2007 due to a spying controversy over possession of Ferrari data.

However the Mercedes-powered team, with Britain's Lewis Hamilton leading the drivers' standings, were given the fifth set of garages at the first two races of the season behind champions Ferrari, BMW Sauber, Renault and Williams.

Bahrain organisers had expected McLaren to take a similar position at Sakhir but said on Sunday they had been forced to make a late change after being told by Formula One Management that would not be the case.

McLaren will now get the last set of garages, next to tail-enders Force India.

"In Bahrain we do our utmost to ensure that fans of each team get to sit opposite their favourite team's pit garages to see the action unfold," said the circuit's chief operating officer Sheikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa in a statement.

"Sadly on this occasion, we must apologise to McLaren fans and accept that this is force majeure."

Bahrain's state-owned Mumtalakat holding company has a 30 percent stake in McLaren.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66228

http://www.transplantfund.org/Restricted/patient-detail.cfm?pat_id=2061&CFID=5501708&CFTOKEN=63350618

Very funny but you wrote it a couple of hours too soon :laugh: Good April joke though but nobody would seriously believe that the people in charge of the sport would F**k it about AGAIN after the torrid year we have had.

Oh, hang on, this IS F1 :rolleyes:

I said recently that more and more, Championships will be decided in the Courtrooms and Inquiry rooms. McLaren are being influenced yet again and having their championship chances jeopardised because of Incompetent F1 management. It's a disgrace if this is true.

jso1985
1st April 2008, 21:47
:

I said recently that more and more, Championships will be decided in the Courtrooms and Inquiry rooms. McLaren are being influenced yet again and having their championship chances jeopardised because of Incompetent F1 management. It's a disgrace if this is true.

I still fail to see how being at the end of the pit-lane affects your race performance in a really notorious way...

McLaren can invite less jet-set stars to their paddock now, how is that gonna affect their performance? :confused:

ioan
1st April 2008, 22:37
McLaren are being influenced yet again and having their championship chances jeopardised because of Incompetent F1 management. It's a disgrace if this is true.

McLaren are paying for their faults. That's all. They got less points last season, they go to the far end of the pit lane! Even a squirrel would get it. :rolleyes:

BDunnell
1st April 2008, 22:41
McLaren are being influenced yet again and having their championship chances jeopardised because of Incompetent F1 management. It's a disgrace if this is true.

Why? These are the rules, and the effect the decision will have on the team's race performance will surely be minimal at most, though I would appreciate a bit of consistency.

I don't like much of the bile that has been thrown at McLaren in recent times, but this is rather different.

Tazio
2nd April 2008, 01:46
Why? These are the rules, and the effect the decision will have on the team's race performance will surely be minimal at most, though I would appreciate a bit of consistency.

I don't like much of the bile that has been thrown at McLaren in recent times, but this is rather different.

It is insulting to even the most pedestrian F1 Fan.

I feel it as though this may have something to do with:

This is just conjecture. Is it possible that they were moved because of a belief by these mostly strict
Muslims, wanting to know that their GP is held in acordance with their belief in honesty, and fair play.
Thus turning the tables on Bernie saying "you can take our millions. But our fans are going to have every reason to believe the race they are presenting is completely on the up, and up" even if it means that their favorite team is less acessable. Thus the apology

Of course I admit that this is unlikely Just thought I would throw it out there!

wmcot
2nd April 2008, 05:13
I still fail to see how being at the end of the pit-lane affects your race performance in a really notorious way...

McLaren can invite less jet-set stars to their paddock now, how is that gonna affect their performance? :confused:

The only thing it affects is McLaren's prestige now that they have to hang out among the "recycled driver" teams!

Hey, Ron! Watch out for those camels. They spit pretty far! ;)

Tazio
2nd April 2008, 08:33
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080402085825.shtml

McLaren's demotion to the bottom of the pitlane pecking order in Bahrain is an unofficial sanction by the governing body, a major German newspaper claims.

It emerged last week that, despite settling into the fifth allocation of garages at the opening two races of 2008, the Mercedes-powered team would be relocated to the farthest end of the pits for the Bahrain Grand Prix this weekend.

McLaren's higher pitlane residence in Australia and Malaysia was the result of a deal with F1 Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone, despite the team's exclusion from the 2007 constructors' championship.

But because the garage allocations are ultimately governed by FIA regulations, and not the commercial rights holder, the Paris body led by President Max Mosley has the final say about how the teams line up at races.

Ecclestone had agreed to the reprieve so that one of F1's two title contenders can still have access to the highest level of facilities at all the circuits this year.

At modern venues like Malaysia and Bahrain, the lower garage allocations still afford top class facilities that are comparable to the teams at the premier end of pitlane.

BUT.........and this is getting weird! well F1 already is more than weird

Bild claims that the FIA's annulment of the McLaren-Ecclestone concession is related to the governing body's understanding that - at the end of the 'spygate' scandal - Ron Dennis would be stepping down as team boss in 2008.

Well Boys what do you make of this? You think that Bernie told Max We can show that a freak can kick Denis's @$$ therefore his Hyjinx with whatever you would like to call it has not affected his athority!
What a world!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

ArrowsFA1
2nd April 2008, 08:35
True :up: The fact is McLaren were stripped of their points and so finished last in the WCC. That means they get positioned at the end of the pit lane, and that's where they should have been from the start of the season.

For whatever reasons they weren't 'put in their place' by the FIA/FOM and once again the authorities have made a pigs ear of the situation :down:

leopard
2nd April 2008, 08:51
We might forget the consequence of being stripped off from their WCC title they should be positioned at the last pit lane, we might too much focus on ranking of WDC and their overall impressive performance while pit lane formation was made from WCC points slightly overlooked.

Knock-on
2nd April 2008, 09:08

I don't care where they are as long as it's consistant.

You don't just turn up at the pits and unpack. There is planning for facilities, corporate hospitality etc. This is very disruptive and once more, McLaren have all their plans changed at the last second. So, what do they drop for Bahrain now they have 25% less room for everything?

Let's face facts. McLaren were caught with their hand in the cookie jar. We all know that since Motor Racing started, engineers have always jumped ship with IP but that doesn't change the fact that McLaren were in the wrong and the FIA acted with a draconian fine and the removal of all points. Now, why Renault didn't get hammered is anyones guess but we must just live with that. END OF STORY!!

Let them get on with it FFS, not all this shifting around and inconsistency. They have done the punishment and accepted it. You can't keep disrupting them like this although I think this is more to do with Max's vendetta than anything else, but that's just my gut feeling.

Tazio
2nd April 2008, 09:18
I don't care where they are as long as it's consistant.

You don't just turn up at the pits and unpack. There is planning for facilities, corporate hospitality etc. This is very disruptive and once more, McLaren have all their plans changed at the last second. So, what do they drop for Bahrain now they have 25% less room for everything?

Let's face facts. McLaren were caught with their hand in the cookie jar. We all know that since Motor Racing started, engineers have always jumped ship with IP but that doesn't change the fact that McLaren were in the wrong and the FIA acted with a draconian fine and the removal of all points. Now, why Renault didn't get hammered is anyones guess but we must just live with that. END OF STORY!!

Let them get on with it FFS, not all this shifting around and inconsistency. They have done the punishment and accepted it. You can't keep disrupting them like this although I think this is more to do with Max's vendetta than anything else, but that's just my gut feeling.

Top shelf

ioan
2nd April 2008, 09:28
You can't keep disrupting them like this although I think this is more to do with Max's vendetta than anything else, but that's just my gut feeling.

It was the FOM to decide it. And the Fom is Bernie, not Max! So, wrong feelings!

ArrowsFA1
2nd April 2008, 09:44
Frankly it doesn't matter who is making the decision. The fact is the FIA stripped McLaren of their points and so they should be at the end of the pitlane.

All this messing about with where they're put, seemingly on a race by race basis, doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the way the sport is being managed, whether that be by FOM or the FIA.

Knock-on
2nd April 2008, 10:02
It was the FOM to decide it. And the Fom is Bernie, not Max! So, wrong feelings!

I just have a gut feeling that Max (i.e. the FIA) is behind this and not FOM. No evidence, just a gut feeling and my gut feelings are usually right ;)

2nd April 2008, 17:13
This is very disruptive and once more, McLaren have all their plans changed at the last second. So, what do they drop for Bahrain now they have 25% less room for everything?

Everything that doesn't belong to them?

ioan
2nd April 2008, 17:14
I just have a gut feeling that Max (i.e. the FIA) is behind this and not FOM. No evidence, just a gut feeling and my gut feelings are usually right ;)

If you say so, it's just that the ones related to F1 are not! ;)

Tazio
2nd April 2008, 17:29
Everything that doesn't belong to them?
Your a real pistol!! nice one!
:rotflmao:

ArrowsFA1
4th April 2008, 09:00
Q. (Patrick Salomon - Gulf Daily News) A question for Lewis: were you guys surprised by the sudden change in allocation of your garages and will that affect you guys at all?
LH: No, to be honest I quite like it down there. We're nice and out of the way, it's closer to the pit entry of the circuit and it's actually quite cosy down there, so we'll do the best shot we can. It makes no difference.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66311

Tazio
4th April 2008, 09:33
This is the kind of crap, that by fans thinking it's important, it givesownership and more importantly advertisers amunition to cotinually demand better facilities. Because the "players" have earned and deserve them. BS. This is my last baseball comparison, and the only reason I make it is because the spectacle disgust me. "It's like Bob Gibson saying he had a bad outing because The team owner(adolphus Bush) couldn't get a beer in the visitor owners box as effortlessly as the Don Drysdale's owner Walter O'mally could!
Let's put an end to the Pu$$ification of Competition!

leopard
4th April 2008, 09:58
The garage change might not too much give LH effect. During domination of Ferrari many teams had dream about their garage to be the next to Ferrari's. Team and drivers get motivated from the way crew speedy handling the job.

If this can be categorized as disadvantage, they must walk trough all teams' garage before entering theirs, this means there should be more traffic, especially when all teams decided to enter pit lane during SC deployed.
Once LH comes to the pit behind Massa or Jr, they could possibly drive the car slower to hold him off. :D

Tazio
4th April 2008, 10:27
The garage change might not too much give LH effect. During domination of Ferrari many teams had dream about their garage to be the next to Ferrari's. Team and drivers get motivated from the way crew speedy handling the job.

If this can be categorized as disadvantage, they must walk trough all teams' garage before entering theirs, this means there should be more traffic, especially when all teams decided to enter pit lane during SC deployed.
Once LH comes to the pit behind Massa or Jr, they could possibly drive the car slower to hold him off. :D Isaid this back when it was understood that McLaren was to have what at that time people seemed to be in agreement about the rule or spirit there of. I think it could be a huge advantage if the team at the end of the pit brought in their driver that is in lets say p10 on the same lap that the driver in p1 pits in pit position one. The crew in the last pit position can put in the optimum amout of fuel without letting the car in pit position one get out ahead of him. Thus being able to keep that car behind him epecially if he short filled untill his teamate on a different fuel strategy makes hay on a clear track. Not likely to happen every race. But I think that having the closest competitors near each other make for a more level playing field! To say nothing of the fact that neither team would be inclined to bend the rules because you have each other at arms length!

leopard
4th April 2008, 11:15
It could also be like that. As I said it is possible to happen under SC. The formation may change. Those at the end of pit can make adjustment when the driver have to get out.

In normal race this strategy is not easy and have its risk. Supposing those in pit1 spent 8 sec, those in pit10 must left behind, say +3. So he can get out ahead only if the crew spent 4 sec. There aren't too much the crew can do with only 4 sec. They can't fuel up the car or change any tires. :D

Knock-on
6th April 2008, 12:03

If you say so, it's just that the ones related to F1 are not! ;)

As I said, my gut feelings are usually right :p :

It was said on ITV coverage that a strong but unconfirmed rumour was that it was Max's decision. Obviously, he's not around to confirm it in person.

Perhaps recent events explain why Max is so detirmined to "punish" McLaren. He almost seems to take a perverse pleasure in perpetuating the ordeal. (unconfirmed) :D

This will come out in the end :)

ioan
6th April 2008, 15:38

It was said on ITV coverage that a strong but unconfirmed rumour was that it was Max's decision. Obviously, he's not around to confirm it in person.

Perhaps recent events explain why Max is so detirmined to "punish" McLaren. He almost seems to take a perverse pleasure in perpetuating the ordeal. (unconfirmed) :D

McLaren were assigned the last pit boxes already before the Mosley affair started! So it is no personal vendetta, only your gut feelings! ;)

PSfan
6th April 2008, 18:53

Please tell me where McLeran should be if not at the "last place teams" put stalls? What magical formula dictates a 5th place pit stall?!?!

I really don't give a FRAK if your gut tells you it was Mosleys dicision or not, IT IS THE RIGHT ONE...

I too think that Mosley f'd up last years stepney gate scandal. I'll say it again, FIA should of handed a monetary fine for just possesing another teams property, and when it came to light that documentation was the cause for the "movebale floors" fiasco, and the attempt to imitate Ferrari gasses, Macleran should have been shown the door for 2 years (Maybe give Mercedes the option to come back san Dennis, if the Macleran nameplate stayed home for the 2 years...)

Mac fans should be very carefull wishing for Mosley's demise... his replacement could be like me!

ioan
6th April 2008, 19:04
Please tell me where McLeran should be if not at the "last place teams" put stalls? What magical formula dictates a 5th place pit stall?!?!

I really don't give a FRAK if your gut tells you it was Mosleys dicision or not, IT IS THE RIGHT ONE...

I too think that Mosley f'd up last years stepney gate scandal. I'll say it again, FIA should of handed a monetary fine for just possesing another teams property, and when it came to light that documentation was the cause for the "movebale floors" fiasco, and the attempt to imitate Ferrari gasses, Macleran should have been shown the door for 2 years (Maybe give Mercedes the option to come back san Dennis, if the Macleran nameplate stayed home for the 2 years...)

Mac fans should be very carefull wishing for Mosley's demise... his replacement could be like me!

Someone like Jean Todt will certainly make McLaren fans happy! :D

Phoenix
6th April 2008, 20:16
Someone like Jean Todt will certainly make McLaren fans happy! :D

Can't be any worse than it is now, can it?

Whoever takes over, needs to have a skeleton free wardrobe.... ;)

Phoenix
6th April 2008, 20:41
Just read the F1 blog on www.timesonline.co.uk (http://www.timesonline.co.uk) (yeah, I know, who owns the paper?).

But there are two very interesting articles on there.

One involves a conversation that Bernie had with Max, while Bernie was with Crown Prince of Bahrain, which might have been overheard...

Second is the mystery complainants in the McLaren garage saga...

I'll let y'all read it and make up your own minds. ;)

PSfan
6th April 2008, 21:56
Just read the F1 blog on www.timesonline.co.uk (http://www.timesonline.co.uk) (yeah, I know, who owns the paper?).

But there are two very interesting articles on there.

One involves a conversation that Bernie had with Max, while Bernie was with Crown Prince of Bahrain, which might have been overheard...

Second is the mystery complainants in the McLaren garage saga...

I'll let y'all read it and make up your own minds. ;)

Um, for the first time I have tried to leave a comment on a "real" blog...

Hey Ed, do you write a F1 blog, or a gossip column?!? "I'm in Bahrain for a motor race. I'd almost forgotten about that bit - you know, cars, tyres, race strategies, drivers." I'll give you a little hint why you might have forgotten about all those f1 related subjects... Because you are far more interested in non-formula 1 concerns... Go write an article on whether Britney Spears is still wearing panties... seems that is more up your alley then covering a sport...

Wonder if it will be shown...

As to his Blog concerning Macs pit spot... I still don't care how, who, or why MacLeran was moved out of pit #5... It was the right move. And Unless Bernie and other powers that be where feeding us pure crap at Australia, this move happened a race to late!!!

Knock-on
7th April 2008, 13:24

For the hard of understanding, I will explain my position again :rolleyes:

I do not dispute that McLaren should be at the end of the Garage. If that is the ruling, that is the ruling.

What I think is unfair is this continual disruption of McLarens preperations this season. You plan all your races and what equipment you need to take months in advance and to turn round a few days before the meeting and announce you have gone from 3 to 2 garages is not fair.

Hopefully, the FIA have finished messing about with McLarens season and Max has other things to concentrate on rather than his continuing vendetta with Ron. The whole affair is distasteful and should now be finished.

As for Max's replacement at the FIA, let us just pray for the good of the sport that someone of your calibre is not considered ;)

PSfan
7th April 2008, 18:13

I do not dispute that McLaren should be at the end of the Garage. If that is the ruling, that is the ruling.

What I think is unfair is this continual disruption of McLarens preperations this season. You plan all your races and what equipment you need to take months in advance and to turn round a few days before the meeting and announce you have gone from 3 to 2 garages is not fair.

Hopefully, the FIA have finished messing about with McLarens season and Max has other things to concentrate on rather than his continuing vendetta with Ron. The whole affair is distasteful and should now be finished.

As for Max's replacement at the FIA, let us just pray for the good of the sport that someone of your calibre is not considered ;)

Sorry Knock-on, you are jumping to way to many conclusions...

Do you know for a fact that the teams in Australia and Malaysia the teams weren't given equal amount of pit space? or if MacLeran where given the same amount of pit space as if they finished 5th or 11th in the championship? I already stated in this thread that in one race last year, Williams was placed in the oppisite end of pit lane to the defending champions pit, but they where also given the space allotment they had earned from their previous season's results.

MacLeran should be well aware by now where they finished in the standings and should have been prepared for this change considering that "Not enough space in Australia" should not translate to Bahrain giving them more spacethen they deserve. If they thought they deserved more pit space then teams that finished higher in the constructor then they are responsible for bringing to much to the track... Though I suspect that wasn't an issue for MacLeran as I assume they where given the pit space allotment for a team finishing 11th in the championship, in both in Australia and Malaysia.

Tazio
7th April 2008, 18:20

Mac fans should be very carefull wishing for Mosley's demise... his replacement could be like me!Good point! Personally I don't think Max has done that bad a job I't's a tough one, and when you have to be balast for stupid $!1+ Bernie does. Alot of times you are in volved in damage control(no pun intende) the current state of F1 is messed up. People can have their opinions on why. But don't insult us by playing the Max card here!

ioan
7th April 2008, 18:29

I think people did understand your point quite well, they just don't agree with it. So, no need to belittle others with such comments. :rolleyes:

7th April 2008, 18:30
What I think is unfair is this continual disruption of McLarens preperations this season..........

............Hopefully, the FIA have finished messing about with McLarens season and Max has other things to concentrate on rather than his continuing vendetta with Ron.

Oh boo-hoo, it's just not fair that a team that has lied and cheated and disgraced the memory of Bruce Mclaren should be made to go to the end of the pitlane and have only two garages!

Mclaren are fecking lucky to be in the sport and certainly do not deserve to be.

Considering that, my opinion is that they should count themselves fortunate to be in a garage at all.

ioan
7th April 2008, 19:13
Oh boo-hoo, it's just not fair that a team that has lied and cheated and disgraced the memory of Bruce Mclaren should be made to go to the end of the pitlane and have only two garages!

Mclaren are fecking lucky to be in the sport and certainly do not deserve to be.

Considering that, my opinion is that they should count themselves fortunate to be in a garage at all.

Now you are driving him mad! :D