PDA

View Full Version : Vision DQ's

NickFalzone
29th March 2008, 21:21
One can say, how dare TG's team try to cheat? On the other hand, it's good to see that the league is acting appropriately and not treating these drivers any different from anyone else. The ****ty thing is that both drivers would probably have been top-10 quals anyway. The bigger surprise is that apparently Roth qualified eighth... without cheating! (Not that we know for sure if it was cheating exactly, since IRL doesn't release specific infraction details).

Here's hoping for an exciting season/league opener.

Marbles
31st March 2008, 12:19
Curiously, a non-issue when a team that is owned by the man who also owns the league gets caught cheating. I'm fairly certain TG knew nothing about it but it's a clear sign that for the sake of conflicting interest, TG gives up team ownership when the field becomes more stable next year. I think the time is close to passing when series owners have to provide teams to fill out the grid.

What, exactly, was the infraction anyways?

FormerFF
31st March 2008, 13:08
Curiously, a non-issue when a team that is owned by the man who also owns the league gets caught cheating. I'm fairly certain TG knew nothing about it but it's a clear sign that for the sake of conflicting interest, TG gives up team ownership when the field becomes more stable next year. I think the time is close to passing when series owners have to provide teams to fill out the grid.

What, exactly, was the infraction anyways?

As far as I can tell, the IRL has not made any specifics public.

FormerFF
31st March 2008, 13:13
This from Curt Cavin, in his list of five things to dislike about the first unified race:

Vision Racing's decision to test the rules on some aspect of the rear wings. Team owner Tony George had a right to be "disappointed and embarrassed" as he works to keep and attract sponsors.

garyshell
31st March 2008, 15:50
Apparently, wings were confiscated after tech.

Gary