PDA

View Full Version : Another Bonehead Move by you know who

Roamy
29th March 2008, 06:04
so now max is going to set a maximum lap time to prevent cars from going too slow. When the last of the bunch are flat on the gas clawing and scratching for a tenth ole max is going to have cars running around at 5 seconds off the pace in hopes of not killing someone. Can this guy get any dumber. How in the hell did he ever get this job. I looked up idiot in the dictionary and sure enough there was his picture. Where is Nikki Lauda when you need him?

Tazio
29th March 2008, 06:21
Fousto my man, have you got a link that says it's a done deal?
My resourses say they only have decided to make it a safe speed

Our clarification to the teams and drivers will be that cars returning to the pits having completed their flying lap or laps will be required to do so within a time that we will set," he said.

This could be approximately 120 per cent of the normal time as we do to prevent drivers going very slowly to the grid (on the pre-race formation lap) to save fuel."

http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaustralia/f1_qualifying_to_be_modified_for_safety_543772

I do think this whole format needs to be trashed!
Someone like Niki would get this thing squared away you would think!

ottostreet
29th March 2008, 10:39
ok. the car finishes its fast lap, which is say...1:20.000.

so...say the cars then have to complete an inlap at no slower than 1:36.000 (120% of their best time)

but...aren't the cars going to be going into the pitlane into their garages? this means that at least some cars wont actually cross the start finish line. the cars at the start of the pitlane will complete them, but based on start finish line position at some tracks, won't the bottom half of the pitlane fail to cross the start finish line on their inlap?

Tazio
29th March 2008, 10:44

so...say the cars then have to complete an inlap at no slower than 1:36.000 (120% of their best time)

but...aren't the cars going to be going into the pitlane into their garages? this means that at least some cars wont actually cross the start finish line. the cars at the start of the pitlane will complete them, but based on start finish line position at some tracks, won't the bottom half of the pitlane fail to cross the start finish line on their inlap? I think this thing is still a work in progess! Good question though!

Sleeper
29th March 2008, 12:40

but...aren't the cars going to be going into the pitlane into their garages? this means that at least some cars wont actually cross the start finish line. the cars at the start of the pitlane will complete them, but based on start finish line position at some tracks, won't the bottom half of the pitlane fail to cross the start finish line on their inlap?
Its the same sort of problem for the lap to the grid when they leave the garrage, and I've heard of no problems policing that (yet).

trumperZ06
29th March 2008, 13:42
:dozey: If Mad Max and his pal the tight-wad midget would Quit Playing Games,

we wouldn't have a lot of these problems !!!

;) Every other form of racing that I'm aware of...

allows you to refuel after qualifying/before the race starts.

F-1 is just trying to... Hype the Show.

Everyone became tired of watching these cars run lap after lap.... after lap

in Q-3... burnig off fuel to lighten the car before making a last minute attempt to gain the pole.

Resulting in another FIAsco that now forces another change in Rules.

markabilly
29th March 2008, 20:50
Fousto my man, have you got a link that says it's a done deal?
My resourses say they only have decided to make it a safe speed

Our clarification to the teams and drivers will be that cars returning to the pits having completed their flying lap or laps will be required to do so within a time that we will set," he said.

This could be approximately 120 per cent of the normal time as we do to prevent drivers going very slowly to the grid (on the pre-race formation lap) to save fuel."

http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaustralia/f1_qualifying_to_be_modified_for_safety_543772

I do think this whole format needs to be trashed!
Someone like Niki would get this thing squared away you would think!

Well duh the answer is as I said before.....no super serious accident yet, so really no need to get the panties in a wad and start making intelligent and logical changes..., especailly sine the only wad they are worried about, is the wad of cash at the end of the day........ :( .

:dozey: If Mad Max and his pal the tight-wad midget would Quit Playing Games,

we wouldn't have a lot of these problems !!!

;) Every other form of racing that I'm aware of...

allows you to refuel after qualifying/before the race starts.

F-1 is just trying to... Hype the Show.

Everyone became tired of watching these cars run lap after lap.... after lap

in Q-3... burnig off fuel to lighten the car before making a last minute attempt to gain the pole.

Resulting in another FIAsco that now forces another change in Rules.

Well, see my answer directly above