27th March 2008, 22:03
nice one!

Gasman#99
27th March 2008, 22:11
Why? Don't they know the way round?? :)
Hee hee hee :D :up:

Abo
27th March 2008, 22:11
Hah, had that conversation with Wilky earlier: 'just go left, how hard can it be?'

Anyway I made a mistake, it's on the 5th not the 6th doh

The Pits!
27th March 2008, 22:33
Hah, had that conversation with Wilky earlier: 'just go left, how hard can it be?' Anyway I dropped a bollock, it's on the 5th not the 6th doh
So, if anyone bothers to go on the 6th all they'll find is paint on the walls where they forgot to turn left?

again..... :)

Larsen
27th March 2008, 22:54
A week on Saturday then correct?

Will it be open to the public though? I would go if it is :)

Reynard
27th March 2008, 23:06
Hah, had that conversation with Wilky earlier: 'just go left, how hard can it be?'

Harder than it looks wouldn't have been far from the answer I guess. ;) Will be good for the guys to get their eye in after the winter break.

I'd love to toddle along, but not entirely sure current finances / commitments will allow. :s

The Pits!
27th March 2008, 23:16
Will be good for the guys to get their eye in after the winter break. If I know Rockingham the walls won't have been re-painted, so their wall braking points will still be there.

I'd love to toddle along, but not entirely sure current finances / commitments will allow. :s

yep, it's a long way from Ely, Cambs, just to watch pickups try to remember left, left, left, left ....... :)

Nick Brad
31st March 2008, 13:27
It's the missus' birthday on the 5th and as Tony has said he won't be attending, neither will I. If he changes his mind though, I may be able to sort something. :p :

teaman
1st April 2008, 19:30
I think you will find that testing is on saturday 5th April and yes i am going for Phil White Racing.

truckmonster
1st April 2008, 22:45
I think you will find that testing is on saturday 5th April and yes i am going for Phil White Racing.

Does Phil know which way around Rockingham?he had to ask in the brands meeting! :s pin:

Forum Buddy
2nd April 2008, 21:43
As Posted by Larsen on 27th Mar 08 23:54
A week on Saturday then correct?

Will it be open to the public though? I would go if it is.

Can somebody answer this question please, will the public be allowed to attend or is it a closed session?

Forum Buddy

Abo
3rd April 2008, 13:16

Yeah I know, the post I made to correct the date was removed because I used a naughty(ish) word

corbygal
3rd April 2008, 16:45
I'll be there for the race weekend, not the testing though. The race in April may be my only trip to Rockingham this year :( (due to me moving to London and trying to find a job!)

Forum Buddy
3rd April 2008, 22:38
I thank all you all for input, great to see we the fans, who want to support the oval still, get the usual no answers to any questions.

The Rockingham events website is showing Sat 5 April as No Limits - Bike Track Day,

That would be intersting to watching bikes and PUT's going on track.

Ah well, I will have to wait until the meeting for my oval fix then.

Cheers guys.

scubie
3rd April 2008, 22:53
Hi

Test sessions at Rockingham are normally open to the public, I would think that as there is a track day as well there would be public access.

Nick Brad
3rd April 2008, 23:19
The bikes will be on the infield whilst we use the oval, standard stuff that has happened many times before.
It's always been an open event in previous years, no entry fee, just accept the fact that the shops won't be open and most of the toilets will also be closed.

racing59
3rd April 2008, 23:20
I would guess, as usual, that the Bike Trackday runs on the infield, leaving the Oval free for the pickups.

Rob.

Nick Brad
3rd April 2008, 23:23
You're a minute too slow Rob ;)

As long as that isn't the case at Cadwell though, i'll let you off :laugh:

briggs'mechanic
3rd April 2008, 23:25
Rob you are correct the bikes are on the infield and we have the run of the oval pretty much, how's the rebuild going by the way....

Sean

racing59
4th April 2008, 06:37
*cough* not as well as it could.

Proper paying work is very very busy at the mo, and that's not leaving me much time spare. However, I have a full day coming up on Saturday, plus maybe a few half days during the week, though the diary is filling up fast - it's good to be wanted, but not good for my rebuild!

Blimey, is that the time... gotta go...

Abo
4th April 2008, 09:22
*cough* not as well as it could.

Proper paying work is very very busy at the mo, and that's not leaving me much time spare. However, I have a full day coming up on Saturday, plus maybe a few half days during the week, though the diary is filling up fast - it's good to be wanted, but not good for my rebuild!

Blimey, is that the time... gotta go...

All that extra cash! You should be paying Forward to rebuild for you ;)

racing59
4th April 2008, 19:41
Cashflow my boy. Or lack of it! Some customers are slow (but good) payers!

Just had another spear thrown at the zeppelin.... one customer (big potential contract) needs quotes/details for a BIG bid to be in on Monday. It's Friday. Eeek!

18hrs days are not doing me any favours.

Rob.

Tractorboy.
4th April 2008, 19:47
Stay off here and get building it might ease your days up!!!!!

racing59
4th April 2008, 20:06
If you get in that Nova of yours, and head over, you can get on with it for me.
Right now, I'm nodding (off) totally cattled.

Tractorboy.
4th April 2008, 20:11
Hey its a Corsa!!! i've got plenty of cars in the workshop to help with!!! Duane keeps a tight ship you know. Well when he aint on the phone all the while!!!!

Gasman#99
4th April 2008, 22:39
Duane keeps a tight ship you know. Well when he aint on the phone all the while!!!!
Get real tractor, duanes on the phone more than robs on here-and thats alot.
Rob you HAVE to be out at cadwell, no excuses

darknessrock
4th April 2008, 22:52
Rob you HAVE to be out at cadwell, no excuses

Yeah Rob, you just GOTTA be there.. I have a day off next week, and I'm quite handy with a spanner, (been my living for 20 yrs!), so if you need a hand for a day, just SHOUT!!

racing59
4th April 2008, 23:24
Dude, your offer of help is most appreciated.

However, this coming week just isn't happening for me! I have to get details together for a big contract bid, I have some work in Oxford, Didcot, and Worcester, my daughter has to go to Hospital on Tues, and that means Weds is out of the window too. That leaves Friday to do it all. It just ain't gonna work.

Like I said, doing 18hr days this last 10weeks or so has taken it's toll.

I LOVE Cadwell, and my heart says "work 26hrs a day to make it happen", my head says "stop, rest, recover, and do the job properly".

Rob.

darknessrock
5th April 2008, 00:43
Dude, your offer of help is most appreciated.

However, this coming week just isn't happening for me! I have to get details together for a big contract bid, I have some work in Oxford, Didcot, and Worcester, my daughter has to go to Hospital on Tues, and that means Weds is out of the window too. That leaves Friday to do it all. It just ain't gonna work.

Like I said, doing 18hr days this last 10weeks or so has taken it's toll.

I LOVE Cadwell, and my heart says "work 26hrs a day to make it happen", my head says "stop, rest, recover, and do the job properly".

Rob.

I understand what you're saying Rob, Family and income must come first. It's a real pity you're not going to make cadwell, even if you were in the V7, the gooseneck and the mountain would still be exciting :) The offer of help still stands though, just to pay you back for letting my lad sit in your car!
Who will be out at cadwell? is Tony going? I may go on the Sunday (HSRCC) instead if no V8s' are running!
Bill

truckmonster
6th April 2008, 11:35
Any lap times from Rockingham??

Gasman#99
6th April 2008, 12:05
I dont think they were there long, i drove past at 1pm and they were leaving.
must have been he wonderful corby rain.

shortcircuit
8th April 2008, 15:22
Did anyone take any photos of the Pickups at Rockingham test day? Could really use some for the programme. If we use any I should be able to sort you out a free porgramme :-)

Obviously need to be reasonable quality - also if any Pickup teams want to supply any photos of their 2008 Pickups for the programme please send them in.

Hopefully........ email address [email:1x6w3peu]info@shortcircuitmag.com[/email:1x6w3peu]

briggs'mechanic
9th April 2008, 14:57
I took one photo I completey forgot I had the camera until it was to late which you can see from the photo!!!!!

acorn
9th April 2008, 18:55

Rob.

with doran putting the track hire fees at lydden up by 20%(?) it looks like you could have even longer to prep the car.

fastbob
9th April 2008, 19:20
with doran putting the track hire fees at lydden up by 20%(?) it looks like you could have even longer to prep the car.

I'm not approving of any cost increase to motorsport..... but, Lydden is being vastly improved and that can't happen without some cash flow. You never know we may get some more good events down here in the south east now with a bit of competition for Brands Hatch.

JovialJooles
9th April 2008, 21:22
It's amazing, I thought this thread was about Pickup Testing. As it seems to have gone way off topic I'm closing it.