PDA

View Full Version : Jordan blocks access to Force India factory

Tazio
26th March 2008, 07:38
Not a Man to be messed with :D

Mar.26 (GMM) Team founder and former owner Eddie Jordan has thrown a spanner in the works of the Force India outfit, according to reports.

The Swiss publication Motorsport Aktuell claims that the Irishman, despite no longer owning the team, still controls some of the land surrounding the Silverstone factory in rural England.

Jordan has apparently been trying to sell to Force India a section of land that provides access to the team factory.

But because the Vijay Mallya and Mol family-owned team has so far refused to buy, it is reported that Jordan blocked access to the factory while the race team and bosses were away for the Malaysian grand prix.

Motorsport Aktuell claims that Jordan ordered the dumping of a truckload of concrete on the access road.
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/8172/900/

ShiftingGears
26th March 2008, 07:49
I suspect that Mallaya will do the decent thing and dump a truckload of concrete on Eddie Jordan. Fingers crossed.

Mark
26th March 2008, 07:59
If the road is an established right of way then they can't do that!

Valve Bounce
26th March 2008, 08:30
Eddie Jordan is now revealing the real person he is, and it's not a nice image.

Rover V8
26th March 2008, 08:49
Sounds like EJ's trying to employ the old 'ransom strip' trick- you buy a site then discover that a crucial piece of land giving you access to the site is actually owned either by a third party or the original owner, of course, it's for sale, but only at the right price.....

Tazio
26th March 2008, 09:07
Sounds like EJ's trying to employ the old 'ransom strip' trick- you buy a site then discover that a crucial piece of land giving you access to the site is actually owned either by a third party or the original owner, of course, it's for sale, but only at the right price.....Is that why he changed the name for his Rock Band previously known as "V10" to "Eddie & The Robbers"

osg
26th March 2008, 10:21
Considering the contacts and pull of the Mallaya's and the Mol's......... maybe the next person under concrete may be Eddie Jordan.

Tazio
26th March 2008, 10:27
Does anyone on this forum go by that complex? I'd like to get a visual confirmation! :)

leopard
26th March 2008, 10:38
Eddie might operate racing consultancy and car reparation shop on the said land, once Force1 cars have trouble he hopes they will use his firm's service. :)

Azumanga Davo
26th March 2008, 14:54
It's always good to have a... um,

lighthearted? no,
funny? no,
silly? no,

ah yes, a f%^&*() strange story every now and again... :s

maximilian
26th March 2008, 18:52
Bad move, really.... just makes him look like a complete Wienie... :dozey: And why now, and not with the previous owners? Is Eddie that strapped for cash these days, he has to resort to vandalizing his own property?

SGWilko
26th March 2008, 21:04
Not content with running his OWN team into the ground while systematically getting filthy rich........

What a cupid little stunt this tother really is.

Someone really ought to coot the shunt. ;)

Tazio
27th March 2008, 03:57
What a cupid little stunt this tother really is.

Someone really ought to coot the shunt. ;)
tanslation please??!

wmcot
27th March 2008, 05:56
...coot the shunt. ;)

I think I get it, but isn't your gender reference off?

Tazio
27th March 2008, 06:17
Ok now I get it!!! Duh
I was thinking it was some Cockney English expression!
(BTW The gender usage is aceptable as it intensifies the insult)

Tazio
27th March 2008, 16:58
Force India today rubbished reports that former team owner Eddie Jordan's closing of a road around its Silverstone factory had affected the Formula One outfit's access to the facility.

"There are two approach roads to the silverstone facility and the main public road which gives access the silverstone facility of Force India remains open and the visitors and staff have normal and usual access," Force India spokesman Prakash Mirpuri said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=2ab74dda-0e0d-46c0-ab72-813e5b2c7850&MatchID1=4678&TeamID1=6&TeamID2=3&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1179&PrimaryID=4678&Headline=Jordan+roadblock+not+an+issue+for+Force+I ndia

CNR
27th March 2008, 19:48
i know that there are two sides to this but

Ex-Formula 1 team owner Eddie Jordan has confirmed reports that he ordered an access road to the Force India factory near Silverstone blocked while the majority of team personnel were at the Malaysian Grand Prix over the weekend.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Other-sports/2008/3/27/F1-Jordan-blocks-Force-India-access/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/motorsports/

Mallya and Jordan reportedly met up and discussed the future of the latter’s former squad shortly after Mallya and the Indian's partners took control of the Spyker F1 team. The Dubliner was also linked with an advisory role with the team, though no official position was ever announced

Tazio
31st March 2008, 12:50
i know that there are two sides to this but

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Other-sports/2008/3/27/F1-Jordan-blocks-Force-India-access/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/motorsports/
Yes it apears Ej believes his side has not been delt with in good faith
Good work "Bolt

“I had to make a stand,” the 60-year-old is quoted as having said by international news agency Reuters. “They have to come and talk to me. I paid for the road and put it on my land.

“I've got no problem with Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya. It's the people who are managing the business who don't want to talk.”

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/161414-0/ej_blocks_force_india_i_had_to_make_a_stand.html

SGWilko
31st March 2008, 13:31
See, what I don't quite understand about this pathtic little man, is this...

He sold his team, after financially ruining it (while himself becoming exceedingly wealthy) to Midland. I recall at the time, that EJ 'forgot' to also sell them the windtunnell or whatever it was.

Now, this far down the line, two further changes of hands on, and it seems EJ 'held onto' a piece of an access road. Why?

EJ is clearly a confidence trickster, trying to squeeze just that little bit more out of someone.

If you sell your business, sell it, not bits and bobs......

Tazio
31st March 2008, 13:35
See, what I don't quite understand about this pathtic little man, is this...

He sold his team, after financially ruining it (while himself becoming exceedingly wealthy) to Midland. I recall at the time, that EJ 'forgot' to also sell them the windtunnell or whatever it was.

Now, this far down the line, two further changes of hands on, and it seems EJ 'held onto' a piece of an access road. Why?

EJ is clearly a confidence trickster, trying to squeeze just that little bit more out of someone.

If you sell your business, sell it, not bits and bobs......
It's posible that these Indians drove such a hard bargain that he threw his hands in the air and said ok you get eaxactly what you bargained for!

SGWilko
31st March 2008, 13:38
It's posible that these Indians drove such a hard bargain that he threw his hands in the air and said ok you get eaxactly what you bargained for!

Yes, but EJ sold up yonks ago. If VJ drove a hard bargain, that is Spyker's lookout, not EJ's......

EJ just wants his 4 leafed clover.......

BDunnell
31st March 2008, 13:39
If the road is an established right of way then they can't do that!

If this is the case, which I think it is, Jordan is being extraordinarily stupid by admitting publicly that he did it, because the police have all the evidence they need.

Tazio
31st March 2008, 13:51
Yes, but EJ sold up yonks ago. If VJ drove a hard bargain, that is Spyker's lookout, not EJ's......

EJ just wants his 4 leafed clover.......Is that an ethnic slur?

seppefan
31st March 2008, 14:14
EJ has been trying to sell this field ever since he sold the team. Problem is that he is looking to sell for a price well over the market value. Tricky EJ is always on the make.Ask the guys who drove for his team. Ask Vodaphone......

Tazio
31st March 2008, 14:27
EJ has been trying to sell this field ever since he sold the team. Problem is that he is looking to sell for a price well over the market value. Tricky EJ is always on the make.Ask the guys who drove for his team. Ask Vodaphone......Then it is his property to do with as he wishes, unless he is violating a local property code!

SGWilko
31st March 2008, 21:52
Is that an ethnic slur?

Apparently so, just got an infraction for inappropriate language, I'm still trying to work it out myself.........

Tazio
31st March 2008, 22:00
Apparently so, just got an infraction for inappropriate language, I'm still trying to work it out myself.........

I'v had two this week... sorry

SGWilko
31st March 2008, 22:10
I'v had two this week... sorry

Blimey, they have been busy. Bet they gave Max one ;) (An infraction I mean, not anything else, Matron!!!!!!) :rotflmao:

Tazio
31st March 2008, 22:12
Blimey, they have been busy. Bet they gave Max one ;) (An infraction I mean, not anything else, Matron!!!!!!) :rotflmao:
check your mail

Tazio
31st March 2008, 22:25
Blimey, they have been busy. Bet they gave Max one ;) (An infraction I mean, not anything else, Matron!!!!!!) :rotflmao: Love him or hate him EJ seems to solicit rather questionable socially acceptable propriety! ;)

SGWilko
31st March 2008, 22:28
Love him or hate him EJ seems to solicit rather questionable socially acceptable propriety! ;)

Oh well, to quote Ioan - 'I'm off to bed'

Nighty night. Sleep tight (Max ;) ?)

wmcot
1st April 2008, 00:00
Love him or hate him EJ seems to solicit rather questionable socially acceptable propriety! ;)

I wonder if he'll write about it in his F1 Racing column?