PDA

View Full Version : Rally de Portugal 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3

wwbroe
24th March 2008, 11:12
Rally of Portugal 2008 is coming up soon. You will find most of the info like itinary, stagemaps etc on the folowing link:

http://rallydeportugal.pt

The Super Special Satge will take place as first stage in the old city of Faro.

Who is planning to go there, and what are your plans concerning the special stages you want to visit. Are the stage easy to reach, and what about the roadmaps of the rally (are they decent?).

wwbroe
26th March 2008, 09:21
The're don't seem to be too many people that are going to visit the Rally of Portugal :confused: :mad:
I had hopes to get some more information on this forum?

I am still looking for a stage map of this year's event in Google Earth, or if anybody has it in gpx-format, that would be great also! Thanks! :p

Sardalense
26th March 2008, 10:06
The're don't seem to be too many people that are going to visit the Rally of Portugal :confused: :mad:
I had hopes to get some more information on this forum?

I am still looking for a stage map of this year's event in Google Earth, or if anybody has it in gpx-format, that would be great also! Thanks! :p

Sorry I completely forgot to draw the stages in Google Earth. I´m going to do it now :)

Sardalense
26th March 2008, 10:15
It´s impossible for me to do it now :( I don´t know why but my google earth is so slow that is impossible to do it. I have to format my computer this weekend, and then I will try again

wwbroe
26th March 2008, 11:14
It´s impossible for me to do it now :( I don´t know why but my google earth is so slow that is impossible to do it. I have to format my computer this weekend, and then I will try again

Ok Sardalense, thank you, looking forward to it :p

Sardalense
26th March 2008, 19:00
Marcus Gronholm will be driving a Ford Focus WRC as 0 car :) :) :) :)

JCarlosPP
26th March 2008, 21:19
Picture(small):

http://autosport.clix.pt/users/0/51/91c8a978.jpeg

pucky54
26th March 2008, 21:27
nice livery

wwbroe
3rd April 2008, 10:53

Sardalense, did you find the time yet to format your computer. If you did can you find the time to put the stage map for google earth please. Thank you already in advance. See you in Portugal next month. :)

Sulland
6th April 2008, 15:23
When is the startlist for Portugal to be expected ?

Sami
7th April 2008, 11:42
Entries period is closed at the end of this week but the entries are published not until 23rd of this month within the publication of the Rally Guide.

Still it's already known that the entries will be excellent, I really look forward to see Panizzi, Duval, Magalhaes, Fontes and Auriol in action and the first real comparison between S2000 and group N as Araujo, Sousa, Aigner and Hänninen are there to show the real performance of the group N cars.

Madeira
9th April 2008, 11:53
Now it is official. Armindo Araújo are ready to contest the Rally of Portugal.

wwbroe
9th April 2008, 13:53
Who is going to visit Rally de Portugal this year? I'm planning to go there. :) Does anybody have stagemap in google earth yet???

Tom206wrc
9th April 2008, 16:11
Can't wait for this event to start :bounce:

Sardalense
9th April 2008, 16:47
Who is going to visit Rally de Portugal this year? I'm planning to go there. :) Does anybody have stage map in Google Earth yet???

My apolagies but I can´t do the maps. My google earth is so slow, I think even if I stay in front of my computer all day, I will not be able to do the maps. Just moments ago I was doing the first stage, but suddenly some stupid error deleted all my work. Sorry :(

I will try to do it in another computer until the beginning of May, because after that I think that you will be in Portugal...

Despite I´m not able to draw the stage maps, I can help all the people that don´t know the rally. Only two stages remain the same as in 2007.

wwbroe
9th April 2008, 17:00
My apolagies but I can´t do the maps. My google earth is so slow, I think even if I stay in front of my computer all day, I will not be able to do the maps. Just moments ago I was doing the first stage, but suddenly some stupid error deleted all my work. Sorry :(

I will try to do it in another computer until the beginning of May, because after that I think that you will be in Portugal...

Despite I´m not able to draw the stage maps, I can help all the people that don´t know the rally. Only two stages remain the same as in 2007.

Thanks for your efforts anyway Sardalense. Do you have the stagemaps as pdf files, then maybe it is possible to mail them to me. I mean that there is only an overvieuw map of the stages on the official website. I have the stages of the last three years on google earth, are there any that remain the same or is everything changed? Sorry to ask you all these questions but i don't have any experience in this part of Portugal. I visited rally Portugal six times but allways around Porto site. Thank you. ;)

rally puma
9th April 2008, 17:31
Could you send me those google rally maps to???

I make also rally maps in google earth(but mostly maps of rally in Holland,Belgium and germany)

I put then on this website: www.earthview.nl (http://www.earthview.nl)

tnx

wwbroe
9th April 2008, 18:55
Could you send me those google rally maps to???

I make also rally maps in google earth(but mostly maps of rally in Holland,Belgium and germany)

I put then on this website: www.earthview.nl (http://www.earthview.nl)

tnx

Here are the links that our collegue Sardalense posted in another thread some time ago:
2005 Rally of Portugal :

http://www.box.net/shared/v2pg82lw8w

2006 Rally of Portugal :

http://www.box.net/shared/a0vm7f1b4c

2007 Rally of Portugal :

http://www.box.net/shared/areqx40sgw

rally puma
9th April 2008, 20:15
tnx

Sami
10th April 2008, 17:21
It seems that Dani Sola will start in Portugal despite the initial program skipped Portugal. Nice to have another driver capable of winning.

From Dani's website:
"Team Abarth Difisa Gapsa Team has its next appointment at the legendary Rally of Portugal, which will host the next 8, 9 and May 10 in the region of Algarve. By then Abarth will have worked hard with his Superpunto because it has been demonstrated in Istanbul that Peugeot were a little above the Italians on earth. Dani Solà, pending these improvements will be ready for this second event of its agenda on IRC very hard in a tournament in Portugal will have more candidates to victory than ever. "

Entries period is closed allready, is it really so that nobody is able to reveal any news of entries, Travaglia? Augoyard? others?

Abarth
10th April 2008, 18:39
It seems that Dani Sola will start in Portugal despite the initial program skipped Portugal. Nice to have another driver capable of winning.

From Dani's website:
"Team Abarth Difisa Gapsa Team has its next appointment at the legendary Rally of Portugal, which will host the next 8, 9 and May 10 in the region of Algarve. By then Abarth will have worked hard with his Superpunto because it has been demonstrated in Istanbul that Peugeot were a little above the Italians on earth. Dani Solà, pending these improvements will be ready for this second event of its agenda on IRC very hard in a tournament in Portugal will have more candidates to victory than ever. "

Entries period is closed allready, is it really so that nobody is able to reveal any news of entries, Travaglia? Augoyard? others?

What are the areas Abarth saw they were behind the Pug in, and will upgrade ?

Tom206wrc
10th April 2008, 18:47
Will Madeira's contenders Vitor Sà and Alexandre Camacho be there too ??? :confused:

CEORacingLions
11th April 2008, 12:32
Manfred Stohl in portugal. Peugeot 207 S2000.

Travaglia , Panizzi , maybe .

Mirek
11th April 2008, 13:27
Is Stohl somewhere confirmed?

Tom206wrc
11th April 2008, 13:43
Stohl :eek:

CricketsFilm
11th April 2008, 14:01
Manfred Stohl in portugal. Peugeot 207 S2000.

Travaglia , Panizzi , maybe .

Travaglia will not present to Faro....

Tom206wrc
11th April 2008, 14:54
Strong pitty !!! Renato had a good chance to shine in Portugal :mark:

CEORacingLions
11th April 2008, 15:25
I think will be present in Madeira Rally...in Portugal too , i don't know but i think the reason is that. Travaglia shine in Madeira a long years ago...

Mirek Fric , in Portugal , Stohl confirmed ( 95% ). Other Rallys ...maybe 2 or 3. If the organizations invite...

Madeira
11th April 2008, 17:05
Stohl confirmed ( 95% ). Other Rallys ...maybe 2 or 3. If the organizations invite...

Well, if the organizations pay him, you mean....

Madeira
11th April 2008, 17:09
Will Madeira's contenders Vitor Sà and Alexandre Camacho be there too ??? :confused:

Alexandre Camacho won't be there is almost sure, Maybe Vitor Sá but with a Gr rentend, if he go, is sure that he will not use the Pug!

[Madeira-Rally]
11th April 2008, 17:59
There are some news that say Vitor Sá will be in Portugal Rally with a rented S2000...

CEORacingLions
11th April 2008, 18:06
Well, if the organizations pay him, you mean....

Ye is the same :D

And notices about Madeira Rally ? Nothing ? Travaglia will be there , sure ?

I think is a good rally to view there.

The best asphalt rally like Monte Carlo ... or ... better !!!

High temperatures , very technic rally .

This year i think Madeira Island will be the best entry list of all IRC rounds.

I heard some things about that ... Aghini , Rosetti , Panizzi , Kopecky ( Skoda ? ) , Kresta .... will see.

My fav rally next italian rounds :P

Madeira
11th April 2008, 23:00
Ye is the same :D

And notices about Madeira Rally ? Nothing ? Travaglia will be there , sure ?

I think is a good rally to view there.

The best asphalt rally like Monte Carlo ... or ... better !!!

High temperatures , very technic rally .

This year i think Madeira Island will be the best entry list of all IRC rounds.

I heard some things about that ... Aghini , Rosetti , Panizzi , Kopecky ( Skoda ? ) , Kresta .... will see.
My fav rally next italian rounds :P

Thank you CEORacingLions by your kindly words about Rally Vinho Madeira. ;) At the moment we have not too much information. The structure of rally will be basicly the same, however the drivers will find a new SS.
About the drivers, no news, we know that every year so many of them contact the local organization, hoping by good prizes of presence.. I know how this things work and is too early. During this week the chairman of Rally told that Enrique Garcia Ojeda can be here once again.
Pay attention, for me a good rally would be a race where I could see the best Italian drivers in action...They are like a kings of our roads!!
Do you think if there are a real chance to see Andrea Aghini here this year??

Mirek
11th April 2008, 23:31
CEORacingLions: On 99,9% percent Skoda is not possible for Madeira. But Kopecky may be there. Kresta not.

Madeira
11th April 2008, 23:45
]CEORacingLions: On 99,9% percent Skoda is not possible for Madeira. But Kopecky may be there.

So, I'm going to keep 0,1% of hope!! It could be worst... :rolleyes:

CricketsFilm
12th April 2008, 11:04
Travaglia will be to Madeira, Ypres near sure... but not to Portugal

wwbroe
12th April 2008, 14:10
Thank you CEORacingLions by your kindly words about Rally Vinho Madeira. ;) At the moment we have not too much information. The structure of rally will be basicly the same, however the drivers will find a new SS.
About the drivers, no news, we know that every year so many of them contact the local organization, hoping by good prizes of presence.. I know how this things work and is too early. During this week the chairman of Rally told that Enrique Garcia Ojeda can be here once again.
Pay attention, for me a good rally would be a race where I could see the best Italian drivers in action...They are like a kings of our roads!!
Do you think if there are a real chance to see Andrea Aghini here this year??

Madeira, i also read somewhere on another forum in Belgium that Garcia-Ojedo would do Madeira rally this year with his Pug. Looking forward to it allready, maybe we should start a thread about Madeira rally allready, allthough it is still far away? ;)

wwbroe
12th April 2008, 16:51
I am planning my trip to Rally Portugal. Can any of our Portuguese friends can give me some information about the roadmaps? Are there any decent road-maps available. I was looking at the web-site of Instituto Geografico and i found out that they have maps of scale 1:50000, but for the rest my knowledge of the Portuguese language is too limited to understand everything on the site. Can somebody please let me know if those maps are any good and if so, where can i find them to buy? I'm also planning a hotel around Almancil, i think that would be ok to follow rally, or am i mistaken? ;) Thanks

CEORacingLions
12th April 2008, 17:18
This is off topic , but Mirek Fric , Kresta why not ?

Madeira , i think Aghini is a real chance to do the Madeira Rally. (80-90%)

Accident in Al Ciocco (next Loris) not the best for that, he first need delete from his head all the problems.

Next rallys will be decisive for the presence of Aghini in some IRC rounds in particular Madeira Rally.

Mirek
12th April 2008, 18:25
CEO: Kresta doesn't have money for it and a single start has no sence for him. The point is that if he wants to do ERC or IRC, he would definitely use good S2000 car. He would never do that with gr.N. In our national championship the gr. N is good enough for him for winning but in international not. And he doesn't want to drive somewhere abroad for just driving through the stages without the chance to fight with top runners. He has a family here and he is often abroad with Prokop's team where he is the chief engineer... He has budget for winning national champioship (it may not happen but it won't be a budget problem if so) and for driving the S2000 on Barum rally which is his home event.

Madeira
12th April 2008, 19:14
wwbroe:

I can not help you too much, as you know I'm so far from Algarve. I think you can get any road map in a rent a car, there are so many in Algarve, or in ACP-Automóvel Clube de Portugal.
Your reference should be The highway A22-Via do Infante , from there you can arrive at any point in Algarve that you want.

Take a look on this:
http://www.algarve-portal.com/en/traffic/roadmaps/

http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/pdf/mapa_geral.pdf

wwbroe
12th April 2008, 19:19
wwbroe:

I can not help you too much, as you know I'm so far from Algarve. I think you can get any road map in a rent a car, there are so many in Algarve, or in ACP-Automóvel Clube de Portugal.
Your reference should be The highway A22-Via do Infante , from there you can arrive at any point in Algarve that you want.

Thank you Madeira, but i'm looking for more detailed roadmaps of 1:50000, they should exist. But thanks anyhow for your effort. ;)

urabus-denoS2000
12th April 2008, 19:23
Simon Jean-Joseph confirmed for Portugal!!!

CEORacingLions
12th April 2008, 19:27
]CEO: Kresta doesn't have money for it and a single start has no sence for him. The point is that if he wants to do ERC or IRC, he would definitely use good S2000 car. He would never do that with gr.N. In our national championship the gr. N is good enough for him for winning but in international not. And he doesn't want to drive somewhere abroad for just driving through the stages without the chance to fight with top runners. He has a family here and he is often abroad with Prokop's team where he is the chief engineer... He has budget for winning national champioship (it may not happen but it won't be a budget problem if so) and for driving the S2000 on Barum rally which is his home event.

After the explanation , Madeira ... Kresta not ... :D

Mirek Fric , thanks ;)

CEORacingLions
12th April 2008, 19:32
Simon Jean-Joseph confirmed for Portugal!!!

Ye with C2 R2 Max. Attention for the perfomance of this car :)

Madeira
12th April 2008, 20:33
After the explanation , Madeira ... Kresta not ... :D

Mirek Fric , thanks ;)

I see... Still remain 0,1% of hope to see Kopecky driving the new Fabia... :monkeedan

RS
12th April 2008, 22:03
]CEO: Kresta doesn't have money for it and a single start has no sence for him. The point is that if he wants to do ERC or IRC, he would definitely use good S2000 car. He would never do that with gr.N. In our national championship the gr. N is good enough for him for winning but in international not. And he doesn't want to drive somewhere abroad for just driving through the stages without the chance to fight with top runners. He has a family here and he is often abroad with Prokop's team where he is the chief engineer... He has budget for winning national champioship (it may not happen but it won't be a budget problem if so) and for driving the S2000 on Barum rally which is his home event.

Surely Roman will try for the BFG-207 on Barum? Or do you think someone else will get it, like Prokop?

Mirek
12th April 2008, 22:09
I'm sure they both will try ;)

Tom206wrc
13th April 2008, 14:22
When is entrylist of Rally Portugal published ?? :confused:

c4
13th April 2008, 16:02
Think it is published 23rd April along with Rally Guide 2, seeded list published on the 28th.

GigiGalliNo1
14th April 2008, 04:39
Ye with C2 R2 Max. Attention for the perfomance of this car :)

So it will be a good outcome you hope for this car and driver?

wwbroe
14th April 2008, 09:11
About 45 Portuguese drivers will contest for the BF Goodrich drive in Rally Portugal 2008. It was a huge success in entries, due to Mark Van Dalen (Kronos teammanager). Out of these 45 drivers a winner will be picked on april 15th (tomorrow) and the winner will be anounced on same day. He will get a chance to testdrive the car on monday 5th of may, to get to know the car. :D

Sardalense
14th April 2008, 10:53
Just a question wwbroe, do you have a GPS? It will be much easier to tell you the gps coordinates of the best places to watch the rally :)

wwbroe
14th April 2008, 11:00
Just a question wwbroe, do you have a GPS? It will be much easier to tell you the gps coordinates of the best places to watch the rally :)

Yes Sardalense, i have a Garmin gps, so if you have any coordinates, or GPX files of the stages, or in fact any files at al (gdb, kmz or anything else), you would do me a great favour if you can send me those files. I can transform them to most common extensions, so that would be great. Thanks ;)

Sardalense
14th April 2008, 12:42
I can´t give a kmz file, because I´m not able to work with google earth, but I´m able to give gps coordinates using http://www.flashearth.com

CEORacingLions
14th April 2008, 12:43
So it will be a good outcome you hope for this car and driver?

Top 10-15 , in future rallys sure.

Sardalense
14th April 2008, 15:07
If you want to watch the shakedown it´s easy :

In EN125 you must turn right, if you come from West, or left, if you came from East, in this (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=37.109212&lon=-8.088543&z=17&r=0&src=msa) junction.

After crossing the railway, you must turn right here (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=37.111608&lon=-8.088773&z=17&r=0&src=msa)

Then, again right here (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=37.113638&lon=-8.086081&z=17&r=0&src=msa)

Follow the tarmac road until here (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=37.116078&lon=-8.07728&z=17&r=0&src=msa), where you must turn left to a gravel road. It´s better if you park your car before the gravel road.

After this last junction, you can walk through the gravel road until you find the stage. I think it´s about 500m until you reach the stage, in this (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=37.118926&lon=-8.074065&z=17&r=0&src=msa) place.

wwbroe
14th April 2008, 15:17
If you want to watch the shakedown it´s easy :

In EN125 you must turn right, if you come from West, or left, if you came from East, in this (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=37.109212&lon=-8.088543&z=17&r=0&src=msa) junction.

Sardalense, it would be great if you can give me coordinate's, i don't know if there is also gpx file of the stages, because that is just all coordinates one after an other. Sorry for the trouble? :D

Sardalense
14th April 2008, 15:21
Sardalense, it would be great if you can give me coordinate's, i don't know if there is also gpx file of the stages, because that is just all coordinates one after an other. Sorry for the trouble? :D

Now my post it´s complete.

wwbroe
14th April 2008, 15:42

What do you mean by this? ;)

wwbroe
14th April 2008, 15:43

What do you mean by this, Sardalense?

Sardalense
14th April 2008, 15:49
What do you mean by this, Sardalense?
When you first read my post, it was too short because I clicked "Submit reply" instead of "preview post". Now it´s complete with all the directions you need to watch the shakedown stage.

wwbroe
14th April 2008, 16:04
When you first read my post, it was too short because I clicked "Submit reply" instead of "preview post". Now it´s complete with all the directions you need to watch the shakedown stage.

Ok Sardalense, now i've ssen it, i looked back at your post concerning the shake-down and saw all the points that you mentioned. So i can see the coordinates of the start. But what way will they go after they start the shakedown? Is it a lot of work for you to give me coordinates of the stages? If it is a lot of work, than can you give me just the coordinate's of the start and finish of each stage, then I will put them in my softwareprogram of the gps and maybe i can make the stages myself then? Are there any stages that are the same as last year, or 2006 or 2005, because that ones i've allready downloaded in Google Earth.(From a previous post of yours). Thanks again. :p :

Madeira
14th April 2008, 16:08
wwbroe:

An advice.If I'm you, I would bring an helmet to drive in our roads among the portuguese drivers, very shortly you will realize why...

wwbroe
14th April 2008, 16:18
wwbroe:

An advice.If I'm you, I would bring an helmet to drive in our roads among the portuguese drivers, very shortly you will realize why...

Thanks for the advice, Madeira, but i was driving in Portugal a lot of times before, and i am still alive. And i also think that there are more countries where they have strange driving style, as there are Greece and Italy for example. And also there i've been driving plenty times and i've allways survived? :D :eek: :p

Sardalense
14th April 2008, 16:26
Ok Sardalense, now i've ssen it, i looked back at your post concerning the shake-down and saw all the points that you mentioned. So i can see the coordinates of the start. But what way will they go after they start the shakedown? Is it a lot of work for you to give me coordinates of the stages? If it is a lot of work, than can you give me just the coordinate's of the start and finish of each stage, then I will put them in my softwareprogram of the gps and maybe i can make the stages myself then? Are there any stages that are the same as last year, or 2006 or 2005, because that ones i've allready downloaded in Google Earth.(From a previous post of yours). Thanks again. :p :

It´s not a problem, it´s much easier to me. I´ll give one good place for each stage. I will do the same as I did for the shakedown stage.

Here is a picture of the junction :

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t208/Sardalense/Pg2shakedownZE2.jpg

wwbroe
14th April 2008, 16:29
Ok thanks, that looks great. ;)

Tom206wrc
14th April 2008, 17:12
About 45 Portuguese drivers will contest for the BF Goodrich drive in Rally Portugal 2008. It was a huge success in entries, due to Mark Van Dalen (Kronos teammanager). Out of these 45 drivers a winner will be picked on april 15th (tomorrow) and the winner will be anounced on same day. He will get a chance to testdrive the car on monday 5th of may, to get to know the car. :D

Can't wait for the name :bounce:

CEORacingLions
14th April 2008, 18:04
I think will be one of that :

Rui Madeira , Teodósio , Mex , Leal or Rodrigues.

Maybe the girl Diva from Porsche's Cup , the marketing view is important.

What portuguese fans here think about this ?

Madeira
14th April 2008, 18:55
I think will be one of that :

Rui Madeira , Teodósio , Mex , Leal or Rodrigues.

Maybe the girl Diva from Porsche's Cup , the marketing view is important.

What portuguese fans here think about this ?

I have no idea who can be the driver which they will choose...There are so many. Ricardo Teodósio is very spectacular, has born in Algarve and problably he has the better knowledge of terrain. António Rodrigues is a young driver with a big talent and is a strong candidate. Pedro Leal is another great portuguese driver. He has been doing some miracles driving the Fiat Stilo in portuguese championship and deserves one chance but it is to old. If the concept basis of BF Goodrich drivers is to give an oportunity to a youngster talent, I think Rui Madeira will not have any chance. Miguel Campos, as you know was a Peugeot driver, is not young but he has a great experience and can give a good result to the peugeot team. In the last years he is trying desperately come back to the competition.
Diva Teixeira, Yes the marketing is important, I would say the money can be too much important.... but I do not believe.

My bet goes to António Rodrigues or Mex!

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 00:37
PORTUGAL ENTRIES :

Voillouz - Peugeot 207 S2000

Loix - Peugeot 207 S2000

BFG D.Team - Peugeot 207 S2000

Anton Alen and Giandomenico Basso - Grande Punto

TIRABASSI - ROSSETI - STHOL - KOPECKY - PEUGEOT 207 S2000

SOLÁ - AURIOL - DUVAL - GRANDE PUNTO

SÁ - S2000 ( ? )

PEDRO FONTES - BARROSO PEREIRA - PUNTO S2000

VITOR PASCOAL - BRUNO MAGALHAES - PEUGEOT S2000

ARAÚJO , HANINEN , SOUSA , AIGNER - MITSU IX

JEAN JOSEPH C2 R2 MAX

MAYBE :

PANIZZI - GRANDE PUNTO

REGO - S2000 - ?

AT TIME 17 S2000 !!!!!

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 07:19
PORTUGAL ENTRIES :

Voillouz - Peugeot 207 S2000

Loix - Peugeot 207 S2000

BFG D.Team - Peugeot 207 S2000

Anton Alen and Giandomenico Basso - Grande Punto

TIRABASSI - ROSSETI - STHOL - KOPECKY - PEUGEOT 207 S2000

SOLÁ - AURIOL - DUVAL - GRANDE PUNTO

SÁ - S2000 ( ? )

PEDRO FONTES - BARROSO PEREIRA - PUNTO S2000

VITOR PASCOAL - BRUNO MAGALHAES - PEUGEOT S2000

ARAÚJO , HANINEN , SOUSA , AIGNER - MITSU IX

JEAN JOSEPH C2 R2 MAX

MAYBE :

PANIZZI - GRANDE PUNTO

REGO - S2000 - ?

AT TIME 17 S2000 !!!!!

Looks like it's going to be one of the best startersfield of the season, don't you think?

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 07:27
Hey Sardalense, if your Google Earth doesn't work, maybe you can try this online program, it does work quite well and you kan save a file as KML or GPX. Maybe you can try it out ;) http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/draw/

Tom206wrc
15th April 2008, 08:28
No trace of Matthieu Biasion(nefiew of Micky) ??? He was said to drive a Munaretto 207 S2000 on most of the IRC rounds this year :confused:

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 08:40
Loix will be doing some testing work for Portugal, this coming thursday (17/04) in Southern France. The test will take place near his house in Plan de la Tour.

urabus-denoS2000
15th April 2008, 08:43
So,if I am correct,Simon Jean-Joseph will have start-number 1,right??? He is the only one with FIA A priority.

Sardalense
15th April 2008, 09:08
Hey Sardalense, if your Google Earth doesn't work, maybe you can try this online program, it does work quite well and you kan save a file as KML or GPX. Maybe you can try it out ;) http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/draw/

Very nice program :)

Here is the new stage "Vascao"

http://www.box.net/shared/ofn0qv8so0

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 09:16

Hey, thank you Sardalense, it works perfectly, i can open it in Google Earth and i can also transform it into gpx file, so that i can put it in my gps. Great work, thanks again :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 09:54
If i am right, this should be shake-down in Google Earth:
http://rapidshare.com/files/107631146/Shakedown.kmz.html

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 10:06

Tom206wrc
15th April 2008, 12:00
No news yet about the chosen portuguese driver for the BFGoodrich/Kronos car ??? :confused:

Mirek
15th April 2008, 12:14
CEORacingLions: Rossetti not.

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 12:33
Mirek , 100% ?

Tom206wrc
15th April 2008, 12:34
]CEORacingLions: Rossetti not.

Damn :mad:

;(

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 12:35
The information i have is , Rosseti run in Portugal.

But Mirek say not , ok , i trust.

Mirek
15th April 2008, 12:42
Rossetti himself said on Eurosport that his next IRC round is Ypres because he wants to run ERC and Ypres is the next joint event.

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 12:57
Yeah , but said too :

"As always it comes down to budget, so I’m looking to see if we can do any deals,” he said. “I’d love to do some more rounds of the IRC as there are many interesting rallies and we have already shown that we can be competitive. If we can get some backing in place, of course I’ll be there as much as I can.”

Don't know if Rally Portugal Organization contact him , or do some invite...... i hope so.

Tom206wrc
15th April 2008, 13:02
MIGUEL CAMPOS will run the 207 of Kronos/BFGoodrich !!! It's official :eek: :eek:

Even if other talented young drivers would have deserved it I'm very happy by this choice :bounce:

Was his past as Peugeot driver or his rally experience that convinced journalists to chose him ??? :confused:

Mirek
15th April 2008, 13:08
Where is it official?

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 13:11
I forgot include Miguel Campos in my list.

Madeira talk about him , and it's true. Campos are a vice-Euro Champ , lose against Thiry in Peugeot 206 WRC.

He is a nice portuguese pilot but well , new talents ? I think not.... Miguel Campos have 30 - 35 years old and run a lot of Rallys , WRC , Euro Rallys , Portuguese Rallys..... this is only one more chance ... not the first chance....

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 13:13
Ye Mirek , official.

http://www.ralis.online.pt

Tom206wrc
15th April 2008, 13:13
]Where is it official?

http://www.ralis.online.pt ;)

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 13:18
If you want to see Fontes testing his Fiat Punto S2000 for Portugal rally you can look here:
http://www.pregoafundo.com

Mirek
15th April 2008, 13:21
Thank You, all ;)

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 13:22
MIGUEL CAMPOS will run the 207 of Kronos/BFGoodrich !!! It's official :eek: :eek:

Even if other talented young drivers would have deserved it I'm very happy by this choice :bounce:

Was his past as Peugeot driver or his rally experience that convinced journalists to chose him ??? :confused:

The three drivers that were picked by the Portuguese journalist were, besides Campos, Rui Madeira and Mex Machados. Kronos then decided to give the car to Campos. ;)

Tom206wrc
15th April 2008, 13:27
It looks like van Dalen decided to give the chance to Campos because of his huge rally experience and the fact the team needs most points possible against Abarth :confused:

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 13:36
It looks like van Dalen decided to give the chance to Campos because of his huge rally experience and the fact the team needs most points possible against Abarth :confused:

Yeah , good point of view

Madeira
15th April 2008, 14:24
The article says that were 15 journalists and one member of ACP who chose Miguel Campos. Miguel Campos had 8 votes, Rui Madeira 5 votes and Mex 3 votes, but the previously choice was made by Van Dalen. who had indicate the three names
It was not a complete surprise. Like I've said before Miguel Campos is trying everything to come back, and has lot of experience.
It is curious, after the big batlle against Bruno Thiry and Kronos racing in 2003 ERC, now they will work together.
But it would be important if Van Dalen will be able to explain for who is aimed this initiative, for a young promising driver or an experienced driver??

By the way, I'm very happy to see Miguel Campos driving a rally car once again!

RS
15th April 2008, 14:58
I guess it is just the "best candidate for the job" rather than having to be a young star, as long as they are local.

This being the case I think we can expect to see Duval on Ypres!

Madeira
15th April 2008, 15:03
I guess it is just the "best candidate for the job" rather than having to be a young star, as long as they are local.

This being the case I think we can expect to see Duval on Ypres!

...or Marc Duez, or Bruno Thiry.... :s mokin:

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 15:07
...or Marc Duez, or Bruno Thiry.... :s mokin:

I don't think that Campos is that old :eek: . Maybe also Sneyers can put his candidature for the drive :D I think however that it will be given to Duval or maybe Tsjoen. They have time untill end of april to put themself as a candidate for the BF Goodrich drive, everybody with a licence can take part. :dozey:

Veekaa
15th April 2008, 16:16
I don't think that Campos is that old :eek: . Maybe also Sneyers can put his candidature for the drive :D I think however that it will be given to Duval or maybe Tsjoen. They have time untill end of april to put themself as a candidate for the BF Goodrich drive, everybody with a licence can take part. :dozey:

Duval will not register for the BF goodrich drivers team, he thinks they should choose Pieter Tsjoen ( www.rallyephotos.be (http://www.rallyephotos.be/))

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 16:34
The rallyguide is now online at the web-site of Rally de Portugal. :)

Madeira
15th April 2008, 16:48
According the portuguese website ralis.online, here are the main entries:

http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/nomesrpinsc08.html

The big suprise-Paolo Andreucci!!!

Sami
15th April 2008, 16:51
As well as information about Paolo Andreucci (evo IX), Janos Toth (207 S2000) and Marco Cavigioli (Punto S2000) entering the rally too.

RS
15th April 2008, 17:01
According the portuguese website ralis.online, here are the main entries:

http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/nomesrpinsc08.html

The big suprise-Paolo Andreucci!!!

No Panizzi?

Madeira
15th April 2008, 17:05
No Panizzi?

yes, it looks that G. Panizzi won't be there, however this is not an official report....

[Madeira-Rally]
15th April 2008, 17:06
Sorry guys.. but I totally disagree with the choice of BF Goodrich driver!

I will explain...

Currently Campos is about 34 years old... he made his début in rallys in 1992 (16 years ago).... do you thing he still a young rising star?? He was official Mitsubishi Portugal and Peugeot Portugal driver during many years... and still waiting for a chance to shine???

From the 3 finalists.. only MEX is young... Rui Madeira....39 years old... :s

More... I think this choice is the result of influences by someone else or (€€&#8364 ;) ...

To finish, I don't give any credit to BF Goodrich/Kronos driver competition.. because.. it's too much predictable... To Barum Rally I heard many people saying that will be Roman Kresta... I will wait and see...if it will be Roman.. it's everything explained... ;)

Mirek
15th April 2008, 17:12
[Madeira-Rally]: They never said they wanted a young driver, sorry. And about Kresta... There are at least three drivers possible. And I heard about all of them that he is definitely the one ;)

For the list... I miss complete Automeca (Panizzi, Augoyard) and as I said before I don't expect Rossetti there.

Tom206wrc
15th April 2008, 17:16
Great entry indeed :)

[Madeira-Rally]
15th April 2008, 17:25
][Madeira-Rally]: They never said they wanted a young driver, sorry. And about Kresta... There are at least three drivers possible. And I heard about all of them that he is definitely the one ;)

Sorry Mirek.. but... I'm talking about what Portuguese press published about it.. If I'm wrong, my apologies :)

from autosport.pt
"Igualmente confirmada ficou a entrega duma segunda viatura ao BF Goodrich Drivers Team. Esta será uma estrutura que visa apoiar o surgimento de novos valores entre os melhores pilotos locais nos países visitados pelo campeonato. O processo de escolha dos condutores está já definido e assenta numa pré-selecção de alguns de pilotos pelas federações nacionais visitadas pela competição."

The bold text means that Kronos/BF competition will be to help young rally drivers.. ;)

I was in Kronos site.. and there is no mention to young drivers.... I would like to see the rules of this competition... someone have it?

Like I said before.. if I'm wrong.. and not judging well Kronos and BF, my apologies...

Madeira
15th April 2008, 17:36
Great entry indeed :)

Ten Peugeot against eight Fiat. What a battle we will have... GO Fiat!!! :ninja: :D

PS.Peace Tom! :angel:

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 18:20
]Sorry Mirek.. but... I'm talking about what Portuguese press published about it.. If I'm wrong, my apologies :)

from autosport.pt
"Igualmente confirmada ficou a entrega duma segunda viatura ao BF Goodrich Drivers Team. Esta será uma estrutura que visa apoiar o surgimento de novos valores entre os melhores pilotos locais nos países visitados pelo campeonato. O processo de escolha dos condutores está já definido e assenta numa pré-selecção de alguns de pilotos pelas federações nacionais visitadas pela competição."

The bold text means that Kronos/BF competition will be to help young rally drivers.. ;)

I was in Kronos site.. and there is no mention to young drivers.... I would like to see the rules of this competition... someone have it?

Like I said before.. if I'm wrong.. and not judging well Kronos and BF, my apologies...

I try to write in portuguese , my wife is portuguese.

A regulamenta foi modada per Van Dalen.... de propositá per ajudar certo pessoas per mondo alem....

Tu dito a verdade .... era para juniores mas Van Dalen na querer despeza queste negocito.....

Understand ?

Not write in my bad english cause Van Dalen fans shot me with a gun :)

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 18:52
I try to write in portuguese , my wife is portuguese.

A regulamenta foi modada per Van Dalen.... de propositá per ajudar certo pessoas per mondo alem....

Tu dito a verdade .... era para juniores mas Van Dalen na querer despeza queste negocito.....

Understand ?

Not write in my bad english cause Van Dalen fans shot me with a gun :)

Are you sure that he has a lot of fans :confused: :confused: :confused: Personally i don't think he has, he is an icecold businessman and just putting up a show, but he himself will decide who will drive the BF Goodrich Peugeot. :eek:

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 19:02
Ye but Van Dalen change the rules to won more $$$$$$$$ for himself. Just it.

The first idea and rules is for young pilots , new talents , but after that , Van Dalen see in this , just more one business , one business where he can put some money in his bank account.

He choose the pilots , who give Van Dalen more money , win this "competition".

What is different ? Well , pilots rent a VAN DALEN CAR , not a BF Goodrich Team car or Kronos Team.

The money have other destiny.

My english is bad , but i think you understand what i want to say.

wwbroe
15th April 2008, 19:10
Ye but Van Dalen change the rules to won more $$$$$$$$ for himself. Just it.

The first idea and rules is for young pilots , new talents , but after that , Van Dalen see in this , just more one business , one business where he can put some money in his bank account.

He choose the pilots , pilot give Van Dalen more money , win this "competition".

I completely agree with you, that is exactly was he is doing. I read an article in Belgian Newspaper today that it would be already decided that, despite whoever is entering the game, it will be Thiry, Snijers or Tsjoen who will get the drive for Ypres. Duval said today that he is not even entering the contest, that also says a lot about the system of "selection". :mad: :eek: :mad:

mousti
15th April 2008, 22:12
I completely agree with you, that is exactly was he is doing. I read an article in Belgian Newspaper today that it would be already decided that, despite whoever is entering the game, it will be Thiry, Snijers or Tsjoen who will get the drive for Ypres. Duval said today that he is not even entering the contest, that also says a lot about the system of "selection". :mad: :eek: :mad:
Duval is not entering because he wants to have that Tsjoen gets the seat and Tsjoen has done much for him and probably Tsjoen will let him drive with the Vergokan Focus also in the Condroz this year. And i expect that it will be Tsjoen because Snijers had allready plans with the BMA Subara N14 to drive in Ypres and I don't think that Thiry will drive with it because his a test driver for Goodyear a tyrebrand rival of BFGoodrich. It's also not a surprise that it wouldn't be a talent to drive the car and they would need money for it to drive because rally= Money.

CEORacingLions
15th April 2008, 23:34
Duval is not entering because he wants to have that Tsjoen gets the seat and Tsjoen has done much for him and probably Tsjoen will let him drive with the Vergokan Focus also in the Condroz this year. And i expect that it will be Tsjoen because Snijers had allready plans with the BMA Subara N14 to drive in Ypres and I don't think that Thiry will drive with it because his a test driver for Goodyear a tyrebrand rival of BFGoodrich. It's also not a surprise that it wouldn't be a talent to drive the car and they would need money for it to drive because rally= Money.

The resposability of Loix have Vergokan support in the car is Tsjoen !!

Tsjoen is the man in Ypres.......

Vergokan are a Kronos support.

This is the same **** , the only difference is now Van Dalen get more rich.

Only marketing , like Bwin , other house bets are better , but people only know and lost money in Bwin.

N.O.T
16th April 2008, 10:11
Judging from his history Campos is a perfect choice...he will not have to use a co-driver for the event

Tom206wrc
16th April 2008, 11:32
Seriously !!! I don't understand the problem the fact Miguel Campos had been chosen by Kronos and BFGoodrich !! What a useless polemica :rolleyes:

polo10
16th April 2008, 12:03
Miguel is definitely the best choice, if they want one pilot to run for the victory Miguel is "the choice"... i agree with Tom , is a useless polemica...
I am portuguese and i know all the drivers very well, and i tell you more, i think Bruno is a litlle bit worryed with this choice...

mousti
16th April 2008, 12:06
This is the same **** , the only difference is now Van Dalen get more rich.

Isn't that normal as you're running a company. We're living in a world now where money is the most important factor.

[Madeira-Rally]
16th April 2008, 12:18
Seriously !!! I don't understand the problem the fact Miguel Campos had been chosen by Kronos and BFGoodrich !! What a useless polemica :rolleyes:

Tom, the "problem" here is only the fact... that this car should be for young drivers.. nothing more.

Off course that of all drivers entered in this competition, Campos should be the best option. Fast, Experienced, professional, intelligent..

I wouldn't be too much surprised if he fight for a podium finish...

CEORacingLions
16th April 2008, 14:41
]Tom, the "problem" here is only the fact... that this car should be for young drivers.. nothing more.

Off course that of all drivers entered in this competition, Campos should be the best option. Fast, Experienced, professional, intelligent..

I wouldn't be too much surprised if he fight for a podium finish...

Yeah Madeira , people don't understand. The question not Miguel Campos....

Question is , the hide values never get the chance to show what they can do ....

The BF Goodrich today is important because Van Dalen says "This is a chance for young pilots and for people without sponsors".....

And Miguel Campos not younger and have a sponsors !!!!

What is difference here ? Tell me ...... now you only know the pilot some weeks before the rally running , and after that the pilots do the rallys in BF Goodrich continues out of rallys. Everybody knows his talent and skills , what is the notice here ? Why after that he run more rallys if before everybody knows what he can do ?

I like Campos , like his skils , but well , when Campos win ... Campos win .... when lose .... the team loose ... not Campos bad rally.... and this part of pilot don't like.

Just rent a car .... like millions and millions of pilots do when have money...

Well , more one S2000 , just it.

Miguel Campos i think get out of Top 5 , but we'll see.....

RS
16th April 2008, 15:31
Come on guys, cheer up. The important thing is that we have another car in the entry list and it is with a strong driver, doesn't matter if he is young or old. At least he is not a Perez-Companc/Wilson like we have in WRC.

CEORacingLions
16th April 2008, 16:36
Everything Ok , just different opinion.

Tom206wrc
16th April 2008, 22:29
Translation of this interview of Manfred ??? :confused:

http://www.rally-mania.cz/index.php?vypisVse=detail&id=4969

Mirek
16th April 2008, 22:48
He says that organisers pay his start in Portugal and that it is completely their initiative and that his car will have no sponsor except Vodafone probably. He also says that his first S2000 experience will be shakedown. It should be his only start in IRC this year. The car will be from Munaretto. He says that the best car to drive for him was 307 WRC. IRC is interesting for him but he says he wants to return to WRC next year.

wwbroe
17th April 2008, 09:49
Back to business, this should be SuperSpecialStage in Google Earth:
http://rapidshare.com/files/108161368/SuperSpecialStage.kmz.html

Tom206wrc
17th April 2008, 09:51
]He says that organisers pay his start in Portugal and that it is completely their initiative and that his car will have no sponsor except Vodafone probably. He also says that his first S2000 experience will be shakedown. It should be his only start in IRC this year. The car will be from Munaretto. He says that the best car to drive for him was 307 WRC. IRC is interesting for him but he says he wants to return to WRC next year.

Thanks... ;)

His move to Kronos/Xsara WRC in 2007 is even less understandable if he says the Bozian whale was the best car he drove :s

mousti
17th April 2008, 12:36
Thanks... ;)

His move to Kronos/Xsara WRC in 2007 is even less understandable if he says the Bozian whale was the best car he drove :s
He couldn't now that the Kronos Xsara would be more bad than the Bozian whale.

CEORacingLions
17th April 2008, 12:53
I think if other organization invite/pay him , he run in more rounds.

wwbroe
17th April 2008, 19:17

Hey Sardalense, if you can find the time, can you do the same thing for the three stages that i am still missing, Loule, Santana Serra and Almodovar? That would be awesome. By the way, i just booked my planetickets to Faro, so see you guys on the stages. ;)

Sardalense
17th April 2008, 19:45
Hey Sardalense, if you can find the time, can you do the same thing for the three stages that i am still missing, Loule, Santana Serra and Almodovar? That would be awesome. By the way, i just booked my planetickets to Faro, so see you guys on the stages. ;)

I will do it during the weekend. The stages Sao Bras de Alportel and Ourique are the same stages that WRC used last year. Loulé has few changes, new start and new finish, but most of the stage is the same, you will see after I draw it.

wwbroe
17th April 2008, 19:55
I will do it during the weekend. The stages Sao Bras de Alportel and Ourique are the same stages that WRC used last year. Loulé has few changes, new start and new finish, but most of the stage is the same, you will see after I draw it.

Yes, Sao Bras de Alportel and Ourique i found allready in your post of last years stage's. So it is only the three that i mentioned before that i need. I want to thank you once again for your effort. Will you visit Rally Portugal this year? :)

wwbroe
18th April 2008, 07:53
There's a video of Bruno Magalhaes testing for Rally Portugal on:

http://www.pregoafundo.com

Sardalense
18th April 2008, 11:32
Santana da Serra :

http://www.box.net/shared/4tfg3nw0sc

Almodovar :

http://www.box.net/shared/ebks9j9s8k

wwbroe
18th April 2008, 12:26
Santana da Serra :

http://www.box.net/shared/4tfg3nw0sc

Almodovar :

http://www.box.net/shared/ebks9j9s8k

Great Sardalense, now i'm just missing Loulé to have the complete stagemap in Google Earth. Thanks again :bounce:

wwbroe
19th April 2008, 14:03
Great Sardalense, now i'm just missing Loulé to have the complete stagemap in Google Earth. Thanks again :bounce:
I managed to do the Loule stage myself, as it is not changed that much. I have the complete stagemap, including SSS and shakedown. You can download it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/108718777/Rally_de_Portugal_2008.kmz.html

Tom206wrc
20th April 2008, 13:46
Can't wait for the definitive entrylist :bounce:

wwbroe
22nd April 2008, 14:41
So tomorrow they will reveil finally the official entrylist? :bounce: :wave: :up:

PMSXII
22nd April 2008, 19:59
I don't understand the polemica with the choice Miguel !
It's only for 1 race and not for the full championship ...
What will do a junior with 1 race ? crash the car after 1000 m ?
Ok Miguel can also do but e can play for the win of the race with the Peugeot and his experience.
It's better for BFGoodrige someone who can win the race.
It's only one shoot ...

CricketsFilm
22nd April 2008, 21:12
Tomorrow, Didier Auriol Test Abarth Punto S2000 Grifone for Rally Portugal.
In the evening I'll put online the video...

wwbroe
22nd April 2008, 21:46
Tomorrow, Didier Auriol Test Abarth Punto S2000 Grifone for Rally Portugal.
In the evening I'll put online the video...

That is great, looking forward to it allready. ;)

Sardalense
22nd April 2008, 23:20
wwbroe you can download all the info to watch the rally here :

http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/raliportugal08.html

Download all the files on the right side of the page.

jparker
23rd April 2008, 02:40
Miguel is definitely the best choice, if they want one pilot to run for the victory Miguel is "the choice"...

I may be wrong, but I think BFGoodrich annonce this idea as support program for young drivers, therefore who is the best choice should be irrelevant question.

wwbroe
23rd April 2008, 05:59
wwbroe you can download all the info to watch the rally here :

http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/raliportugal08.html

Download all the files on the right side of the page.

Thanks Sardalense, this can be great help to me, allthough i allready made my liaison's from one stage to the other, using Google Earth. But this files are also good help to me too see the good accesses to the stages. ;)

Tom206wrc
23rd April 2008, 06:38
What about the entrylist ??? I don't find it :confused:

wwbroe
23rd April 2008, 07:07
What about the entrylist ??? I don't find it :confused:

It is still the provisional entrylist on the site. Hope they will change it soon to the official entrylist? :D

Sardalense
23rd April 2008, 08:47
Thanks Sardalense, this can be great help to me, allthough i allready made my liaison's from one stage to the other, using Google Earth. But this files are also good help to me too see the good accesses to the stages. ;)

I don´t know if you can... For example changing from Loule to São Brás will be impossible because all the roads around the stage Loule will be closed to avoid that kind of behaviour. They will not allow the spectactors to leave the stages to go to another stage.

Sardalense
23rd April 2008, 12:09
Entry List :

http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/index.php?template_id=276&MIT=1

EDIT : These all only the foreign teams ant the main portuguese teams.

Tom206wrc
23rd April 2008, 13:47
Where's Vitor Pascoal on the list ??? I thought he runs all the portuguese championship :confused:

Madeira
23rd April 2008, 14:57
Where's Vitor Pascoal on the list ??? I thought he runs all the portuguese championship :confused:

Don't worry Tom, He will be there for sure...

RS
23rd April 2008, 15:19
Will the proper entry list be published later today?

Sardalense
23rd April 2008, 15:58
Will the proper entry list be published later today?

No, only on April 28th.

Tom206wrc
23rd April 2008, 18:49
OK :mark:

Sardalense
23rd April 2008, 19:22
OK :mark:

We don´t have a entry list in seeded order but we have a provisional entry list with 51 teams :

http://autosport.clix.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=as.stories/48280

Mirek
23rd April 2008, 19:42
Wau, You have even C2 S2000 in the entry list :D :D

wwbroe
24th April 2008, 06:53
We don´t have a entry list in seeded order but we have a provisional entry list with 51 teams :

http://autosport.clix.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=as.stories/48280

So despite all rumours, there is no Gilles Panizzi or Arnaud Augoyard on the entrylist :confused: . That is a pitty, but never the less it is a fantastic entry with no less then 18 S2000 cars on the list, and also a couple of very good Gr.N drivers. I think we are going to see an immense battle for victory over there. :D :D :D

chryby
24th April 2008, 07:45
small shakedown guide:

http://rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/102-48102baec448c.jpg

place No.:

1/ http://rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/189-460be8ddbf4ad.jpg
2/ http://rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/189-460bec4e1da1e.jpg
3/ http://rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/189-460be83c83c99.jpg
4/ http://rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/189-460be813db749.jpg
5/ http://rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/189-460bec75eb220.jpg
6/ http://rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/190-460bf20ed5323.jpg

in a place No.5 araujo crashed to visitors last year:
http://rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/190-460bf167b63ac.jpg

Tom206wrc
24th April 2008, 08:21
Apparently there's an entrylist of drivers ACCEPTED by the organizers of the rally(we can consider they are official) :)

http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/inscritosrp08.jpg

wwbroe
28th April 2008, 07:30
So today we are going to see finally the seeded entry list? :confused:

Sardalense
28th April 2008, 16:12
So today we are going to see finally the seeded entry list? :confused:

Entry List :

http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/index.php?MIT=3709&template_id=276&xpto=1&a[]=0,

wwbroe
28th April 2008, 16:43
Entry List :

http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/index.php?MIT=3709&template_id=276&xpto=1&a[]=0,

Thanks Sardalense, but this is what i get to see when i open the link:

http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/imagens/en/manutencao.gif (http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/)

Sardalense
28th April 2008, 16:48
http://www.box.net/shared/e2f7oxkgs4

wwbroe
28th April 2008, 16:57
http://www.box.net/shared/e2f7oxkgs4

Thanks again, Sardalense. This link works, there are no really surprises in the entrylist, except maybe Cavigioli who was originally entried with Grande Punto S2000 but seems to be driving a Punto Diesel. So in total we will have 17 S2000 cars at the start and quite a lot of good Gr.N drivers, so looking forward to a nice rally. Pitty that Panizzi won't be there, but hey you can't have everything, can you. ;)

wwbroe
28th April 2008, 17:10
I also noticed that Luca Betti is not on the entrylist, he was on the provisional one though, so does anybody know why he is not starting?

Mirek
28th April 2008, 18:08
Why is Janika Toth so down in starting order? 2WD cars may slow him down because he is not a slow driver even he has never been to Portugal before...

PLuto
28th April 2008, 19:11
I also noticed that Luca Betti is not on the entrylist, he was on the provisional one though, so does anybody know why he is not starting?

So try to listen my interview with Luca after finish of Rally Mille Miglia...

PLuto
28th April 2008, 19:12
]Why is Janika Toth so down in starting order? 2WD cars may slow him down because he is not a slow driver even he has never been to Portugal before...

Maybe that he has no priority and portugese organisers were making starting list according to these priorities?

CEORacingLions
28th April 2008, 19:37
Portuguese fans , i need your help.

Somebody knows some place to stay 2 or 3 nights in Algarve ?

Hotel or something like that , with good prices , only to sleep .
Thank You.

urabus-denoS2000
28th April 2008, 20:20
]Why is Janika Toth so down in starting order? 2WD cars may slow him down because he is not a slow driver even he has never been to Portugal before...

Yes,he has 2 diesels in front of him.Unfair in my opinion...

urabus-denoS2000
28th April 2008, 20:22
Andreucci again got number 23,the same as in Mille Miglia where he dominated the competiton...

CEORacingLions
28th April 2008, 20:23
I want to see Loulé and Almodovar , somebody knows a nice spot around there ?

CricketsFilm
28th April 2008, 20:46

Thank You.

Vilamoura Beach Hotel, we will stay in this hotel from May 6, to May 11....
I think is very nice Hotel...
on web site I readed 104 Euro for night...

PuddleJumper
28th April 2008, 20:52
Is it me or does the official website not work very well? Sometimes the page will load, then others it won't, and when I try to click a link, nothing happens. It's only thanks to Sardalense's upload that I've been able to get the entry list to be able to start the Pickem! thread, but I still don't know the exact time that shakedown will begin.

Anyone have the Rally Guide 1 and can tell me when shakedown begins?

Thanks.

wwbroe
28th April 2008, 20:57
Is it me or does the official website not work very well? Sometimes the page will load, then others it won't, and when I try to click a link, nothing happens. It's only thanks to Sardalense's upload that I've been able to get the entry list to be able to start the Pickem! thread, but I still don't know the exact time that shakedown will begin.

Anyone have the Rally Guide 1 and can tell me when shakedown begins?

Thanks.

Shakedown is on thursday 8 may from 8:00 till 12:00. :D

wwbroe
28th April 2008, 20:58
Vilamoura Beach Hotel, we will stay in this hotel from May 6, to May 11....
I think is very nice Hotel...
on web site I readed 104 Euro for night...

I think there are a lot off hotels or appartments that are much less expensive then the one you mention. After all it is only to sleep, you are not spending the whole day over there, are you? ;)

Tom206wrc
28th April 2008, 21:40
Great entrylist indeed :D

Very hard for the pickems :eek:

PuddleJumper
28th April 2008, 22:01
Shakedown is on thursday 8 may from 8:00 till 12:00. :D
Thank you! :)

jure dvorsek
29th April 2008, 07:23
Very impressive entry list, nice to see Italian gravel specialist Andreucci on foregin stages. Well, I hope for close battles between N4 and S2000.

Tom206wrc
29th April 2008, 11:15
I can't believe most of you count out local driver Bruno Magalhaes in your pickems !! :crazy:

Madeira
29th April 2008, 16:23
I can't believe most of you count out local driver Bruno Magalhaes in your pickems !! :crazy:

Did you see my pickems choice???

PICKEM:81807,Madeira,B Magalhaes,N Vouilloz,G Basso,A Aigner,A Araujo,M Sthol,A Alen,L Rossetti

I must be very sick...two 207 S2000 on the top!!!

Tom206wrc
29th April 2008, 16:43
I didn't talk about you Madeira, but some others, no Magalhaes at all in the pickems, that looked strange :mark:

Mirek
29th April 2008, 17:01
I do believe Magalhaes to fight for victory but I don't do pickems :)

Sulland
29th April 2008, 21:31
Hard to do picems for this one I thought. But I ended up trusting the experience of the S2000 drivers that are used to the car, over drivers like Duval, Auriol and Kopecky.

This was based on Turkey where Kopecky and others disapointed, and the regular IRC drivers thrived. I think this will happen again.

Had it been on asfalt, Duval had been higher !!!

urabus-denoS2000
29th April 2008, 21:54
Hard to do picems for this one I thought. But I ended up trusting the experience of the S2000 drivers that are used to the car, over drivers like Duval, Auriol and Kopecky.

This was based on Turkey where Kopecky and others disapointed, and the regular IRC drivers thrived. I think this will happen again.

Had it been on asfalt, Duval had been higher !!!

I would just like to remind you that Istanbul Rally was Kopeckys first proper drive in his car,his test-session for a gravel rally was on asphalt in snow conditions with a gravel-spec car.

DaniV
29th April 2008, 22:58

Thank You.

Have a look at your PM´s!

Sulland
30th April 2008, 12:47
I would just like to remind you that Istanbul Rally was Kopeckys first proper drive in his car,his test-session for a gravel rally was on asphalt in snow conditions with a gravel-spec car.

I know; has he done some testing after Istanbul ?

But I am still impressed with the speed of the IRC drivers. Logically Duval should ace this, but lets see who is correct after the rally ?

Pickems is also a bit about tactics...

Sardalense
30th April 2008, 17:15
Spectator Guide :

http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/guia/index.html?&MIT=3661

Mirek
30th April 2008, 17:57
Sulland: He is driving S2000 very often - the Fabia. But mostly on tarmac.

sal
2nd May 2008, 19:11

I have Bruno for the win with Armindo second so thats two Portugese drivers!

Tom206wrc
3rd May 2008, 17:13
I have Bruno for the win with Armindo second so thats two Portugese drivers!

Despite Araujo and some others' talent I don't give a chance to GrNs car against S2000s :p :

wwbroe
3rd May 2008, 17:41
Despite Araujo and some others' talent I don't give a chance to GrNs car against S2000s :p :

I agree with you Tom, i'm really looking forward to the event. I will be leaving to Portugal on wednesdaymorning, so just a few days to go. :D

Tom206wrc
5th May 2008, 07:44
Is it today Miguel Campos must test with Kronos ???? :confused:

Mirek
5th May 2008, 12:10
Kopecký was testing in Portugal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSDrmmqDf1E&eurl=http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=8427

wwbroe
5th May 2008, 14:54
Loix also testing today in Portugal, with Kronos team. ;)

JAM
5th May 2008, 19:04
According to a bird... Basso destroyed a Punto S2000 testing tody in Algarve. Another car is comming from Italy...

dimviii
5th May 2008, 21:59
very impressive driving from Kopecky!!

JCarlosPP
5th May 2008, 22:57
]Kopecký was testing in Portugal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSDrmmqDf1E&eurl=http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=8427

From the user:

Abarth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uarIoh5WcBw

Kronos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0XkCE8GsOg

Araújo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlopvUIfrnQ

Madeira
5th May 2008, 23:54
it looks that Paolo Andreucci won't be present in the race!!

Tom206wrc
6th May 2008, 07:35
Pics test Miguel Campos !!! :D

http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/bfgmc08/

Tom206wrc
6th May 2008, 07:37
By the way, any idea of "Stohlito" livery ??? :confused:

teufel
6th May 2008, 10:04
By the way, any idea of "Stohlito" livery ??? :confused:

He said somewhere (probably motorline.cc), that he'll have Vodafone livery.

Tom206wrc
6th May 2008, 10:08
Like one of the Grande Puntos(Fontès in Portugal I think) ??? :confused:

PLuto
6th May 2008, 11:03
it looks that Paolo Andreucci won't be present in the race!!

Yes, he will be missing. I think he expected more money from organisers.

[Madeira-Rally]
6th May 2008, 16:22
Maybe they spend all money with Gronhol, Duval and Stohl...

Look at Duval's livery...
http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/duval.jpg

darkstar
6th May 2008, 16:22
i´m looking forward to the rallye, lets see what duval is going to achieve!

dimviii
6th May 2008, 22:06
me too :D
think that is going to be ''best rally 08'' ;)

luca
7th May 2008, 11:55
can some of our portugeese friends explain what this funny situastion is about?

http://autosport.clix.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=as.stories/49298

Tom206wrc
7th May 2008, 12:53

It seems to be a "meeting" of former WRC drivers who already ran "old Portugal rally" :confused:

chryby
7th May 2008, 14:50
my first pictures from servis:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=378&au=0

Tom206wrc
7th May 2008, 17:06
Thanks Chryby :bounce:

Madeira
7th May 2008, 18:20

In the hotel Marcus Gronholm seeing so many drivers that he knows from other battles with him, like Auriol, Duval, Sthol, Loix...etc, said to Didier that this rally is like the old times that he found here before... After that Didier Auriol has made a challenge to Marcus" Take a S2000 car and come back to run with us the rally, look, the car is fantastic..."

darkstar
7th May 2008, 18:27
that would be a great thing, marcus grönholm returns with peugeot 207 s200:D

Tomi
7th May 2008, 19:49
that would be a great thing, marcus grönholm returns with peugeot 207 s200:D

No way, but Loeb has asked Bosse to join him to drive some rally with a Porsche.

Mirek
7th May 2008, 19:53
Hmm, interesting if that is true.

Tomi
7th May 2008, 19:58
]Hmm, interesting if that is true.

100% true, but it's not sure if Bosse are allowed to drive other cars than Ford, he has some PR agreement with Ford.

Karbonyl
7th May 2008, 20:10
He has proper conract with Ford to the end of 2008.

Mirek
7th May 2008, 20:10
Than I would vote for Ford Escort RS2000 :D

phénoménal-duval fan
7th May 2008, 20:46
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/378-4821b77be4704.jpg

Tom206wrc
8th May 2008, 07:33
Start SS1 this evening(7.05pm GMT+1) :D

Live results on http://www.acp-on-line.com ;)

darkstar
8th May 2008, 07:45
Start SS1 this evening(7.05pm GMT+1) :D

Live results on http://www.acp-on-line.com ;)

oh nice, thanks for this link!

[Madeira-Rally]
8th May 2008, 09:08
After seeing some liverys of the cars that will be in Portugal I would say that is almost impossible to compete against Rally de Portugal...

They are supporting 5 / 6 Top cars with top drivers... :eek:

maevad
8th May 2008, 10:27
Results of shake? May be?

EDIT: http://www.acp-on-line.com/online08/sk.asp

Tom206wrc
8th May 2008, 10:38
Yes live-results for the Shake ;)

Great time from Dudu after his 3rd passage :eek:

4/5s faster than Kopecky/Magalhaes/Rossetti ;)

Tom206wrc
8th May 2008, 11:24
Now best time for Luca Rossetti :D

I know it's only shakedown, but gaps are already huge !!! :s

Tom206wrc
8th May 2008, 12:23
The fastest 10 drivers on this SD ;)

1-Rossetti
2-Magalhaes
3-Alen
4-Dudu
5-Tirabassi
6-Stohl
7-Kopecky
8-Basso
9-Fontes
10-Hänninen

Quite average times for the Kronos drivers, with Campos faster than Loix and Vouilloz :mark:

pejda
8th May 2008, 12:42
Jan Kopecky onboard video from the shakedown - http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/getvideo.php?id=274

Karbonyl
8th May 2008, 13:01
Shake-times summary:

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=6568

Mirek
8th May 2008, 13:02
Tom, Nico had only two passes and Freddy three. Don't worry about them.

desmosedici
8th May 2008, 13:11
Forza Luca!!!

Great time in the shake for Luca :D

Tom206wrc
8th May 2008, 13:31
]Tom, Nico had only two passes and Freddy three. Don't worry about them.

They didn't have particular problems ??? :confused:

chryby
8th May 2008, 14:55
some pictures from shakedown:
http://rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=378&au=0

Tom206wrc
8th May 2008, 15:45
More pics of shake :bounce:

http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/rpshake08/

Tom206wrc
8th May 2008, 15:47
some pictures from shakedown:
http://rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=378&au=0

Strange that Stohlito is using Pirelli and Dudu BFGoodrich... :confused:

Mirek
8th May 2008, 16:10
Why strange? Munareto usualy uses Pirelli.

8th May 2008, 16:11
More pics of shake :bounce:

http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/rpshake08/

From the photos seems that Rossetti's car has french plate on the front and italian plate on rear :-)

Karbonyl
8th May 2008, 16:38
Will be there some live coverage from Faro Super special stage?

Sulland
8th May 2008, 16:47
Why are none of the S2000 teams trying the Yokohama ?

Not good enough ?

Live results here as well:

http://www.ewrc-results.com/results_main.php

Karbonyl
8th May 2008, 16:47
Why is none of the S2000 teams trying the Yokohama ?Maybe in China :D

Mirek
8th May 2008, 16:55
It is Japanese brand...

kabouter
8th May 2008, 16:56

Eurosport TV schedule on IRC website:
http://www.ircseries.com/html/Tv_times.asp

JCarlosPP
8th May 2008, 16:57

http://ww1.rtp.pt/multimedia/index.php?tv=3&tipo=log

Today!
18h00 - 19h00 1ª PE (GMT+1)

Tomorrow:
09.50h-10.30h - 2ª PE
14.15h-15.00h - 5ª PE

Saturday:
10.05h-11.00h - 9ª PE
15.00h-16.00h - 12ª PE
& Podium, also live... but that link won´t work :( !!

urabus-denoS2000
8th May 2008, 17:31
So the SSS starts in 25 minutes,right???

urabus-denoS2000
8th May 2008, 17:51
Why does the link stop at some time and I have to open another one???

Mirek
8th May 2008, 17:52
It doesn't work to me and my friends :(

urabus-denoS2000
8th May 2008, 17:55
It always brings the same song...help

HaCo
8th May 2008, 18:04
First results are coming in: Kopecky .3 faster than Duval. J-J 4 secs slower.

kabouter
8th May 2008, 18:04
To remind you all: live timing of the superspecial on http://www.acp-on-line.com/online08/online.asp?c=0&t=1