PDA

View Full Version : Future F1 stars... big girls

bontebempo
24th March 2008, 09:59
When Hamilton and Rosberg made the podium at the aussie GP they were obviously happy. But did they have to jump up and down together like a pair of girls (my question mark doesn't work). Could you see Senna and Mansell doing the same. Or Jean Alesi and Gerhard berger doing that.

Come on guys, this is a mans sport. You haven't won the egg and spoon race at your schools sports day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2opSqt-CeFo

1 minute in. If you can...

Valve Bounce
24th March 2008, 11:31
As far as I'm concerned, after driving such a hard race, they can jump up and down and even do sumersaults, or even do a hand stand if they want to.

maximilian
24th March 2008, 12:43
The biggest star of all (arguably) Michael Schumacher did just that, and I always thought that was a rather endearing quality, that he was able to celebrate, even after winning his 417th grand prix :p :

I think it's refreshing to see guys celebrating on the podium and show a little emotion... especially ones of Finnish heritage :D And if you are lucky enough to be on the podium with a good friend, better yet!

JSH
24th March 2008, 12:47
When Hamilton and Rosberg made the podium at the aussie GP they were obviously happy. But did they have to jump up and down together like a pair of girls (my question mark doesn't work). Could you see Senna and Mansell doing the same. Or Jean Alesi and Gerhard berger doing that.

Come on guys, this is a mans sport. You haven't won the egg and spoon race at your schools sports day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2opSqt-CeFo

1 minute in. If you can...

Actually, I don't recall ever seeing Girls jumping up and down like that. Mostly it reminds me of a Soccer Goal celebration.

millencolin
24th March 2008, 13:03
its better than a driver who just stands there and think 'oh just another grand prix win'. Let them celebrate all that they want

F1boat
24th March 2008, 14:30
I prefer emotional happy kids to dumb machos who stood like stones and does not appreciate how cool is to win a Grand Prix. If Lewis and Kimi are emotional, let them to jump as much as they want.
I always feel happy if I see happy people.

Tazio
24th March 2008, 14:38
In literary circles that is what is referred to as the ultimate in expression:
"The spontaneous outflow of human emotion"
"Life is a stage"

Stuartf12007
24th March 2008, 15:30
its better than spurting out every sponsor under the sun. ie nascar winners!

fightinchunk
24th March 2008, 17:27
seeing emotions from drivers make for a great season. I'd rather see hamilton/nico/piquet/vettel podium and be happy than kimi just be stoned face and just sit there...

Man... to be 22 and win formula 1 races... that's the life, is it not? let'em jump around. god knows i'd be all over the place

wmcot
24th March 2008, 18:15
Everyone celebrates a victory differently...that's just the differences in personality. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to celebrate.

Stuartf12007
24th March 2008, 20:07
Kimi is the best!!

F1boat
24th March 2008, 20:24
seeing emotions from drivers make for a great season. I'd rather see hamilton/nico/piquet/vettel podium and be happy than kimi just be stoned face and just sit there...

Man... to be 22 and win formula 1 races... that's the life, is it not? let'em jump around. god knows i'd be all over the place

Kimi is just more reserved. I think that it is because of the Finnish culture. But when you see him punching the air in delight in his car, you know that he is happy too.

Tazio
24th March 2008, 20:40
Everyone celebrates a victory differently...that's just the differences in personality. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to celebrate.
end of debate

AJP
24th March 2008, 21:37
They sure did jump around alot....
and it was great to watch..
They had a great time celebrating..

Kevincal
25th March 2008, 01:58
They did look kind of fruity. Oh well.

ShiftingGears
25th March 2008, 04:43
Kimi's a real man. He takes the champagne in the eye.

ten-tenths
25th March 2008, 04:52
i've seen schumacher celebrate, way more than my liking :) , and he was always pumped up after demolishing the field. but i never seen two guys jump around like that after a GP before. but hey they have every right to do whatever they want i guess.

Tazio
25th March 2008, 05:18
This was two young men in a semi-private staging room overwhelmed with joy. Rossberg was in tears.
As I stated earlier, it was not rehearsed or premeditated in any way.
If it isn't what you consider Macho-ly acceptable behavior for Grand Prix Drivers,
I think that’s a pretty narrow view of life.
If they had taken that dance out on to the podium,
at that point I would have found it a little... No....."VERY STRANGE”

bontebempo
25th March 2008, 08:58
Gay

FastChest!
25th March 2008, 14:30
I registered just to reply to this thread because the autors reply of "GAY" had me pissing my pants. I agree, this is supposed to be a mans sport, now we have these kids up on the podium prancing around like 3 year olds who've just been given 6volt quads from Kmart. I recognise the actions, exactly the same thing happened with my 3 year old boys last week, the hugging, the jumping, Mummy spilling champers everywhere.

Come on current crop, man the phuck up ! Stop hugging each other, us "real men" get uncomfortable about that kind of stuff. Lol....

SGWilko
25th March 2008, 14:39
There are a lot of poles that need to be surgically removed from buttholes on this forum. Lighten up, why can't F1's upcoming heroes celebrate?

Tazio
25th March 2008, 14:46
I registered just to reply to this thread because the autors reply of "GAY" had me pissing my pants. I agree, this is supposed to be a mans sport, now we have these kids up on the podium prancing around like 3 year olds who've just been given 6volt quads from Kmart. I recognise the actions, exactly the same thing happened with my 3 year old boys last week, the hugging, the jumping, Mummy spilling champers everywhere.

Come on current crop, man the phuck up ! Stop hugging each other, us "real men" get uncomfortable about that kind of stuff. Lol....
Any one that drives a 1,500 lb coffin around a road course @ 200mph has already "manned the phuck up"
If you are uncomfortable with this winner's reaction. You are simply uncomfortable with your own masculinity!

jso1985
25th March 2008, 22:52
Any one that drives a 1,500 lb coffin around a road course @ 200mph has already "manned the phuck up"
If you are uncomfortable with this winner's reaction. You are simply uncomfortable with your own masculinity!

exactly :up:

yet I don't see anyhting girly in showing your emotions in that way... they're happy let them celebrate!

bontebempo
26th March 2008, 09:35
the podium thing is was ok. It was before the podium. see my link at the start 1 minute in. As for coffins going round the track lol. They used to be coffins, not now. Actually F1 cars are safer than flying

markabilly
26th March 2008, 09:50
Yeah maybe they will get pepsi for a sponsor and then they can spray it around from one of those tiny little bottles, nascar style, before they go get podiumed.

A then they can say that the team pepsi-marlboro-mercedes-telefoncia-verizon-bridgestone car sure ran good

Knock-on
26th March 2008, 10:07
the podium thing is was ok. It was before the podium. see my link at the start 1 minute in. As for coffins going round the track lol. They used to be coffins, not now. Actually F1 cars are safer than flying

They had just got out of the cars and it was just 2 friends expressing genuine happiness. There is nothing gay or girlie about it.

You should have seen the Gayness being exhibited when my mate shot a "hole in one" a couple of years ago lol

Would love a link to your quote about F1 being safer than flying though. :laugh:

Tazio
26th March 2008, 10:09
the podium thing is was ok. It was before the podium. see my link at the start 1 minute in. As for coffins going round the track lol. They used to be coffins, not now. Actually F1 cars are safer than flyingI read your post, and I watched the entire video! After thorough review, and contemplation I posted this[quote="Tazio"]This was two young men in a semi-private staging room overwhelmed with joy. Rossberg was in tears.
As I stated earlier, it was not rehearsed or premeditated in any way.
If it isn't what you consider Macho-ly acceptable behavior for Grand Prix Drivers,
I think that&#8217]And I think that is clearly stated (did you over look it!)
I don't want to make this personal. My use of coffins as a metaphor was meant to be taken figuratively.
I'm not going to say that symbolism is outside your realm of understanding.
I believe my message that these drivers have proven their bravery,
and Manhood, by participating, and excelling
at what (even I think you would admit) is a dangerous/life endangering pursuit.

In conclusion what I'm saying is all things, and I mean ALL THINGS considered,
these young men were simply, and spontaneously expressing themselves!
Everyone that commented on this thread with the exception of a couple
"REAL MEN" saw it as being completely acceptable!

FastChest!
26th March 2008, 11:09
Here are the real men http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiJsUXgknQ

Tazio
26th March 2008, 11:19
And that means exactly what on an F1 forum?

bontebempo
26th March 2008, 11:31

bet THEY didnt hug and kiss after the flight. nice link btw

ShiftingGears
26th March 2008, 11:44

Cool vid. I also have to say I enjoy watching this...

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/midget2.gif

Purely because it has nothing to do with two people finding overwhelming joy in achieving a goal they've worked ridiculously hard at for the past 10 or so years, like your link. Also because it's a midget sliding on his face.

On a side note, I agree with the threadstarter. Emotions are homosexual.

ShiftingGears
26th March 2008, 11:48
bet THEY didnt hug and kiss after the flight. nice link btw

Even if they were gay, so what?

Tazio
26th March 2008, 11:55
bet THEY didnt hug and kiss after the flight. nice link btwIt was also a demo/promo! E_D_I_T_E_D! What you saw after the Australian GP
was, as I'm going to state for your benefit, and for at least the third time on this thread,
live, and S_P_O_N_T_A_N_E_O_U_S!! You are woefully misguided, and thoroughly overmatched!
My suggestion to you (speaking metaphorically again) is to drop back ten, and punt!

bontebempo
26th March 2008, 12:36
It was also a demo/promo! E_D_I_T_E_D! What you saw after the Australian GP
was, as I'm going to state for your benefit, and for at least the third time on this thread,
live, and S_P_O_N_T_A_N_E_O_U_S!! You are woefully misguided, and thoroughly overmatched!
My suggestion to you (speaking metaphorically again) is to drop back ten, and punt!

Did you just smash the keyboard like a 2 year old when 'writing' this?

markabilly
26th March 2008, 12:37
Emotions are homosexual.

and so are shoes, so all you "men' who think you are men, well, go on out and celebrate...jump up and down...course us hillbillies don't wear no shoes, cuase we no wanta be gurly girls.

As Guv Arnold of Callaforna done say, no more gurly men, but a Hummer in every garage.

Tazio
26th March 2008, 12:40
Did you just smash the keyboard like a 2 year old when 'writing' this?Is that all you've got?

janneppi
26th March 2008, 13:02
bontebempo, Tazio, give it a rest already.

Stupid thread, thread closed