PDA

View Full Version : Larry Cols condition update

uncoversport
23rd March 2008, 12:15
Hey all,

Well, there's a bit of good news out of Belgium. Appartently Larry Cols is close to coming out of his coma and the doctors are positive about his condition.

http://www.serviceparknews.com/?c=136&a=1209

It's good to see at least a small bit of positive news following such a sad event.

Cheers

Jarek Z
24th March 2008, 10:41
Thanks for the update. Keep us all informed!

wwbroe
24th March 2008, 10:45
For the moment there is not more news. The last one was on friday and said that they now disconnected him from the breathing machine, and he is breathing on his own. For the rest he could speek some words to his father, but still is in a lot of pain and dissy because of the medication (against the pain)

uncoversport
26th March 2008, 06:48
Thanks for the update. Keep us all informed!

More good news, apparently he's been moved out of intensive care.

http://www.serviceparknews.com/?c=136&a=1226

That's always a pretty big step in the few experiences unfortunately I've had with this type of thing. Very positive news indeed.

Cheers

uncoversport
16th April 2008, 12:47
For the moment there is not more news. The last one was on friday and said that they now disconnected him from the breathing machine, and he is breathing on his own. For the rest he could speek some words to his father, but still is in a lot of pain and dissy because of the medication (against the pain)

Cols is on the mend. He's done an interview and hopes to return to the sport eventually. With his injuries though "24 fractures to the pelvis, neck and vertebrae" it could be a while though I guess.

http://www.serviceparknews.com/?c=154&a=1335

Cheers

J4MIE
16th April 2008, 15:51
Great news, I wish him the best :up:

N.O.T
16th April 2008, 20:27
I also wish him a speedy recovery and a return to competiotn because he is a good driver.

Do we have any news if the crew was having their seatbealts and helmets on during the accident ???

wwbroe
16th April 2008, 20:41
I also wish him a speedy recovery and a return to competiotn because he is a good driver.

Do we have any news if the crew was having their seatbealts and helmets on during the accident ???

They didn't have any helmets on and also no safetybelts, but apparently this was not the reason of Hans Goudezeune being killed. The impact was exactly at Hans' door and was so heavy that even with helmets and safetybelts it would have been deadly for Hans. Because of the side-impact Larry was also heavely injured. :mad:

Raven
17th April 2008, 09:52
They didn't have any helmets on and also no safetybelts
Sorry to say... but this was pure stupidity!
Don't say that it didn't have any influence on the Larry and Hans.

wwbroe
17th April 2008, 09:55
Sorry to say... but this was pure stupidity!
Don't say that it didn't have any influence on the Larry and Hans.

I don't say it doesn't had any influence, and i agree completely with you that they should allways ware helmets and belts. But what i was saying is that it wouldn't have saved the live of Hans. Maybe the injuries of Larry wouldn't have been so serious though. :mad: