PDA

View Full Version : Skoda is in or out WRC?

JAM
17th January 2007, 10:15
Is really interesting that Skoda backs First Motorsport and Kopecky after anounced that they would retire the support to the Fabias WRC...

Was it a politely way to send Armin Schwarz and Raimund Baumschlager to go for walk around the corner after their bad perfomance in 2006 with the team Red Bull Skoda?

What you think?

tmx
17th January 2007, 10:35
Skoda has decided to withdraw from developing wrcar and concerntrate on S2000. So I don't think they're in it anymore, but concerntrate on the making the lower cost car for privateer and national races.

i really like the skoda, i think they they could had received much better result with a better working team.

JAM
17th January 2007, 10:45
Skoda has decided to withdraw from developing wrcar and concerntrate on S2000. .

Developing the car? They developed in 2006? I only remember some work made by Skoda to put the car working well with passive difs, but that was at the beggining of the year. During the year i don't remember any visible work made by Skoda.

Brother John
17th January 2007, 12:23
Is really interesting that Skoda backs First Motorsport and Kopecky after anounced that they would retire the support to the Fabias WRC...

Was it a politely way to send Armin Schwarz and Raimund Baumschlager to go for walk around the corner after their bad perfomance in 2006 with the team Red Bull Skoda?

What you think?

Itīs Skoda Belgium that backs First Motorsport and not the factory team!!! :uhoh:

Simmi
17th January 2007, 12:28
Skoda is out. Its just private offshoots of the works team like Skoda Belgium as BJ says. Its the same situation at Mitsubishi with MMSP or RalliArt Italy doing the work. It doesn't mean the factory are turning a blind eye to these private teams but they arent helping them financially I dont think.

JAM
17th January 2007, 13:48
I have the idea that in 2006 Skoda only send people and material to the teams, not money. But if is the belgian importer giving support, then it's different and forget what i wrote :)

RS
17th January 2007, 14:12
Well, they refused First Motorsport's plan to run an M2 team this year, becuase they didn't want to have a "team" competing for the manufacturers championship, but they continue to support Duval and Kopecky in pretty much the same way as last year (Duval is also supported by Skoda Auto/Skoda Motorsport)

I am fairly sure that if the Red Bull team had been any good they could have been here this year too, but..... you know the rest.

Skoda Motorsport built some new Fabia WRCs last year for all their teams, and CRT have been working on a mini-evolution of their Fabia WRC.

Testing of the Fabia S2000 should begin around the middle of the year.

teufel
17th January 2007, 14:35
Do we know something about the RedBull Fabias? Because i've seen one for sale on Kopecky's site...

RS
17th January 2007, 14:38
Do we know something about the RedBull Fabias? Because i've seen one for sale on Kopecky's site...

My guess is that the Red Bull team never actually owned the cars and CRT are selling them for Skoda Auto. Good price :)

teufel
17th January 2007, 14:59
I'm actually hoping that one of them will land in Hungary ;)