PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Legend Fires MSA Asphalt Rally Championship

leecarter
6th December 2006, 11:27
MSA ASPHALT RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
ALL FIRED UP FOR 2007!..

The organisers of the MSA Asphalt Rally Championship are delighted to announce that Legend Fires are to take on the mantle of headline sponsor for the 2007 series. At the same time, based on competitors’ comments in a recent ‘Questionnaire’, a major revision of the constituent parts of the Championship is in place for next year.

MD of Blackburn-based Legend Fires, and well-known series competitor, John Stone is very enthusiastic regarding his company’s new venture. “I’ve always been a fan of the Asphalt Championship and I believe that the changes to the calendar for next year will prove to have a beneficial effect for everyone involved. Legend Fires are pleased to be associated with the premier UK Asphalt Series and look forward to seeing it move from strength to strength.”

In response to popular demand, for the first time in a number of years the 2007 Legend Fires MSA Asphalt Rally Championship will include a visit to an event in Southern Ireland. The Sligo Stages (8th July) fills the gap created by the movement of the Jim Clark Rally to the end of May, and the full calendar is as follows :

DATE EVENT BASE
4th March Tour of Epynt Llandovery
11/12th May Manx National Douglas
25/26th May Jim Clark National Kelso
8th July Sligo Stages Sligo
31st Aug/1st Sept Ulster National Armagh
21st October Cheviot Otterburn
A competitor’s four best scores will count towards their final tally.

Meanwhile, the Legend Fires BTRDA Asphalt Rally Series takes in six of the best National ‘B’ events in the country and will be open to any driver with a similar, or higher, licence. Eligible vehicles include virtually everything that is not a World Rally Car, a Metro 6R4 or that has any active or electronic components in its suspension, while hydraulic or paddle gear changes are also not permitted.

The BTRDA Asphalt Rally Series calendar is as follows :

DATE EVENT BASE
4th March Tour of Epynt Llandovery
23/24th March Tour of Cornwall St Austell
28th May Millbrook National Rally Millbrook
23/24th June Rally of the Midlands Hinckley
26th August Mewla National Rally Builth Wells
21st October Keith Knox Stages (Cheviot) Otterburn
A competitor’s four best scores will count towards their final tally.

Regulations for 2007 should be available before Christmas and further details are available from the Championship Co-ordinator :

Andrew Haill – Tel : 0121 313 1416/E-mail : [email:2sw3rsir]andrew.haill@btconnect.com[/email:2sw3rsir]

leecarter
6th December 2006, 11:28
now who is up for this new challenge, superb events!!!

h704 fde
6th December 2006, 13:25
yes its sounds excellent to me the epynt stages, tour of epynt and mewla stages rallies are excellent rallies to watch in the championship. The irish event that will be involved in the championship makes it more fun to watch.

MrJan
11th December 2006, 22:33
Sorry I haven't followed this right. Will the events in the B championship such as Tour of Cornwall and the Mewla still have the top championship lads such as yourself and Legend and all the other WRC and powerful 4 wheel drive stuff like 6R4s, Kynaston's Audi and so on?

If the answer is 'yes' then it's cool, some class rallies as usual with the added gift of some irish tarmac :up:

imull
12th December 2006, 09:40
they was I understand it, WRC cars can run on the B seriesevents but cant score championship points...

There will also be a few decent forest crews crossing over for the mixed surface challenge as the BTRDA gravel series and NAt A tarmac have a chalenge for best threee results from each surface :D