PDA

View Full Version : Duval's back with Fabia for '07 !!!

FabiaFan
17th January 2007, 08:06
This deserves a new thread! FabiaFans are happy... ;-)

FabiaFan
17th January 2007, 08:15
Duval is going to do all European rallys from Portugal on (9 rallys). Team and car is the same like last year, new is the sponsor Pyramid Technologies (plus Skoda once more). It is a pitty the deal came to late for Monte - this could be his rally!
http://www.fduval.com/

rus
17th January 2007, 08:17
This deserves a new thread! FabiaFans are happy... ;-)

I'm happy for you FabiaFan but I think Duval suits more in a car with winning chances. Unfortunately not everyone agrees with me. Anyway, I'm happy he will be there in 2007 but with mixed feelings though :rolleyes: .

Tom206wrc
17th January 2007, 08:23
I hope Skoda will improve the Fabia, otherwise I don't see interest to run in that car again :mark:

But good news though :up:

FabiaFan
17th January 2007, 08:34
I'm happy for you FabiaFan but I think Duval suits more in a car with winning chances. Duval and Fabia - it goes together - both are not perfect... And both performed better on tarmac. Once more - it si a shame they are not at Monte, where the C4s will struggle and Imprezas will not impress again. Unfortunately, there is no further development of the car, so I do not expect any top 3 times...

Timole
17th January 2007, 08:43
It´s good that Francois is still in WRC, but i can´t believe he´ll take any podium places. Best place to perform for Duval and Skoda would be Monte, but unfortunately too late.

Brother John
17th January 2007, 08:52
With all the M2 teams and up to date private cars (Mitsu, Xsara, Ford,....)

It will be difficult for Duval to finish in the top 10 with the Skoda!

Donney
17th January 2007, 09:09
I'm glad to see Duval back at the wheel but I don't trust the Skoda, it's a pity because it is a very noice looking car.

Good luck to him anyway and who knows he may get some results in rallies where lots of experience is needed.

FabiaFan
17th January 2007, 09:16
With all the M2 teams and up to date private cars (Mitsu, Xsara, Ford,....)

It will be difficult for Duval to finish in the top 10 with the Skoda!

On tarmac he could easily fight with drivers like Carlsson, Solberg 1+2, Latvala,... or cars like Subaru, Mitsubishi,... or teams using Pirellis ;-)

Tomski
17th January 2007, 09:19
[quote="Donney"] it's a pity because it is a very noice looking car.
QUOTE]

This is a sport we're talking about here not a fashion show. :erm:

A.F.F.
17th January 2007, 09:20
Excellent news :bounce:

Skoda rules :)

Donney
17th January 2007, 09:26
it's a pity because it is a very noice looking car.
QUOTE]

This is a sport we're talking about here not a fashion show. :erm:

REALLY????? Thanks for the news now you've changed my life.

Josti
17th January 2007, 09:42
Great news :up:

The First Motorsport Skoda ain't that bad. I really think they can pull some good performances with the car this year.

rus
17th January 2007, 10:13
Great news :up:

The First Motorsport Skoda ain't that bad. I really think they can pull some good performances with the car this year.

I don't know. He will have to take risks again, even with a good Fabia, with possible exits as a result. Sincerely I hope this scenario won't take place but Dudu doesn't like to fight for a place outside the top ten... Such as Galli, Garde, he deserves a better wheel.

JAM
17th January 2007, 10:20
It will be good to see one more WRC in european rounds, but will be only that. I don't imagine Skoda making improvements on this car that has 2005 homologation (and at that time was not very competitive)

Besides that, Duval had always brake problems in 2006 with this car, maybe because is how drive style wich uses a lot the left foot. If Skoda or Firts din't work on this problema, then it could be a problem for 9 rallyes.

In fact Skoda WRC is a nice looking car. The way that car looks is also important and many fans of a particular maker start for liking the look of the car.

FabiaFan
17th January 2007, 11:48
Tomorrow should Duval present the new livery at the European Motor Show in Bruxelles.

RS
17th January 2007, 14:19
Great to see Duval back in the Fabia, I think it suits him well. There won't be any significant development on the Fabia, but at least he and his team know it a little better now.

As for Francois and his all or nothing approach, that's what I love about him :) As a Skoda fan, before each rally last year I never expected Duval to be really slow, unlike the Red Bulls.

Hopefully they can still be quick on tarmac, Duval or Kopecky scored fastest times on Monte, Spain and Germany last year.

teufel
17th January 2007, 14:30
Tomorrow should Duval present the new livery at the European Motor Show in Bruxelles.

Cool! I wouldn't call livery last year's "something"...

teufel
17th January 2007, 14:33
Hopefully they can still be quick on tarmac, Duval or Kopecky scored fastest times on Monte, Spain and Germany last year.

Jan scored a stage victory in Sardinia aswell, if i'm not mistaken.

User
17th January 2007, 14:38
And Duval in Monte.

RS
17th January 2007, 14:39
Jan scored a stage victory in Sardinia aswell, if i'm not mistaken.

Yes, I was talking about tarmac... Think Duval won a stage in Turkey too.

Simmi
17th January 2007, 16:26
Between them they won 6 stages last year. And with a lack of new teams you cant really argue things have moved on technically and speed-wise much from last year. Duval was also fastest on two shakedowns - not that they really matter. I dont think you can really write the car off if it gets the odd tweak.

Le NaRcX
17th January 2007, 17:21
http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/297964/duval2.jpg
http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/297964/duv2.jpg
http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/297964/duv3.jpg

Tom206wrc
17th January 2007, 17:21
Nice livery !! :bounce:

I like it :up:

Donney
17th January 2007, 17:37
:up:

Looks like a good year liverywise.

FabiaFan
17th January 2007, 22:51
You're really good in searching for pics!!!

WRCfan
17th January 2007, 22:52
Looks nice!!!!

rus
18th January 2007, 08:08
Nice livery, and the sponsor looks far more reliable than Kizz-my *** :p .

Tom206wrc
18th January 2007, 08:29
Nice livery, and the sponsor looks far more reliable than Kizz-my *** :p .

You can't know this by only watching the livery !! :s

FabiaFan
18th January 2007, 08:37
No, he judges according to the name! :-D

Timole
18th January 2007, 09:07
I think it looks great. Just have to hope that Duval could get some points this season.

Daniel
18th January 2007, 09:15

Why not? You always base assumptions on whether a car is a Peugeot or not :rolleyes:

FabiaFan
18th January 2007, 09:21
Why not? You always base assumptions on whether a car is a Peugeot or not :rolleyes: Don't be so cruel to him ... sometimes he also accepts Citroens and Renaults...

A.F.F.
18th January 2007, 09:45
The car looks goood, as always but the livery IMO is kinda 80's. I don't like it.

DonJippo
18th January 2007, 11:09
Since when has rallying been a beauty contest? I could not care less about the livery...it won't make it to go any faster nor slower...

rus
18th January 2007, 11:13

That's why I peeped on the Pyramid Technologies-site ;) .

rus
18th January 2007, 11:16
Since when has rallying been a beauty contest? I could not care less about the livery...it won't make it to go any faster nor slower...

Since Garde had the ugliest car in the whole rally-history. I'm still shaking when I think about it :eek: .

Brother John
18th January 2007, 12:24
Concerning which car do you speak now?

A.F.F.
18th January 2007, 12:28
My guess is he talking about Garde's KotiIdea Xsara. Which I have to agree. It was hideous.

Daniel
18th January 2007, 13:10
Yes. This cheeses me off. People are too concerned with liveries and such to actually care about what actually goes on in rallies it seems.

rus
18th January 2007, 13:11
My guess is he talking about Garde's KotiIdea Xsara. Which I have to agree. It was hideous.

Perfect guess A.F.F. :up: . But I wonder if it really was a guess ;) .

Christina
18th January 2007, 13:21

Oh but red stripes always make you go faster!!

I dont like this livery so much.. i prefered the Kizz-me one. But then again, i though Garde's Koti-idea Xsara looked good too.. i liked the way they stamped astra over the car diagonally, and the colours looked good too.

Back to the subject, i'm very happy that Francois got the drive! it's great to see him back, and hopefully this year when i go to finland he will actually be at the rally! unlike last year when he quit halfway through germany and i never saw him again. Now all my favourite boys have drives! happy days!

A.F.F.
18th January 2007, 13:23
I agree with Christina. It's a known fact beautiful cars go faster. It's basicly same thing with people. Those who say it's the inner beauty what counts is just ugly people's talk.

Daniel
18th January 2007, 13:31
Yes but I don't want to have a relationship with a car. Perhaps that's just me though ;)

Erki
18th January 2007, 13:36
It's wins that makes a car beautiful. :)

PS: This doesn't apply to 06+ Focus.

Christina
18th January 2007, 13:44
I think the focus is one of the prettiest cars out there at the moment. the new C4 is ugly.

cut the b.s.
18th January 2007, 13:54
I agree with Christina. It's a known fact beautiful cars go faster. It's basicly same thing with people. Those who say it's the inner beauty what counts is just ugly people's talk.

well said, truest words on this forum ;-)

Erki
18th January 2007, 13:58
I think the focus is one of the prettiest cars out there at the moment. the new C4 is ugly.

Don't say such things if you want to marry me. :mad:

Focus is FUGLY - fact
C4 is BEAUTIFUL - fact
spot the difference? ;)

Christina
18th January 2007, 14:02
Yeah, you're back to front and very confused. Do you need glasses?

At least i'm not saying that the subaru is drop dead gorgeous.

Erki
18th January 2007, 14:04
I don't need another pair of glasses thank you very much. ;)

Subbie actually aint that bad, I've got used to it. But Focus remains ugly ugly ugly. :down:

And no, I'm not confused, at least hen it comes to car liveries.

Brother John
18th January 2007, 14:36
@Christina! I agree with you about the C4, but if you was the sexiest forum member 2004! Then show us som foto from yourself!!! :s mokin:

Josti
18th January 2007, 16:54
C4 is a gorgious car. That pure red on the C4 is beautifull. As for the Focus. The new livery screws the car a bit. Just too much green in front, plus I don't really like the front of the car anyway.

RS
18th January 2007, 17:04
C4 is a gorgious car. That pure red on the C4 is beautifull. As for the Focus. The new livery screws the car a bit. Just too much green in front, plus I don't really like the front of the car anyway.

I'm not keen on the Focus either. Much prefer the C4. The Focus looks a bit fat and lardy.

Both fall foul of the width of their road cars though - as they nearly meet the maximum width of a WRC anyway there isn't much room for nicely blistered wheel arches.

Not like the Fabia :)

Daniel
18th January 2007, 20:45
No taste!!!!!!

jens
19th January 2007, 00:19
Omg, only Fabia. :( He'll score a couple of points at best.

miksu
19th January 2007, 00:31
I'm not keen on the Focus either. Much prefer the C4. The Focus looks a bit fat and lardy.

they are like women, eh? :D

Christina
19th January 2007, 00:50
I was actally talking about the car itself and not the livery. Last year's focus livery was much better than this years one. and if the C4 livery was on a prettier car, then i'd like it too.

Brother john, i'd be happy to show you plenty of photos, being a photographer and all.. but unfortunately for you, i wont be in them. :p :

GigiGalliNo1
19th January 2007, 05:41
Good one tina!

Brother John
19th January 2007, 07:03
I was actally talking about the car itself and not the livery. Last year's focus livery was much better than this years one. and if the C4 livery was on a prettier car, then i'd like it too.

Brother john, i'd be happy to show you plenty of photos, being a photographer and all.. but unfortunately for you, i wont be in them. :p :

:up: Maybe I can take a photo of you in Finland this year? :D

RS
19th January 2007, 09:26
I have had a thought... will Duval now be allowed to use an active Fabia? I understand the rules have been relaxed a little this year?

This could be good news as I think the old active car is still faster than the passive car Francois drove last year.

Christina
21st January 2007, 12:26

Perhaps you can. If you find me :p :

FabiaFan
23rd January 2007, 20:40
http://www.fduval.com/images/skoda.jpg
...this is from Duval's website...

FabiaFan
23rd January 2007, 20:50
Much more photos, from the presentation, with Francois, on First's site:http://www.firstmotorsport.com/

A.F.F.
23rd January 2007, 21:28

BJ, I have a photo of Christina. How much will pay for it ?? :D

Christina
24th January 2007, 00:23

:o : where did you get this photograph from?! it's not the one of me falling down that rabbit hole is it?

A.F.F.
24th January 2007, 09:01
No it's all you. After I have edited Jonathan, Jamie, Pino, Tomi and DJ off with photoshop :)

Don't worry, I wasn't witnessing your rabbithole incident. This is when we saw those northern lights.

Brother John
24th January 2007, 10:36

Pay? We can have dinner together on my costs!
Together I mean, you, Christina, me and my wife!!!! :s mokin:

Daniel
24th January 2007, 10:38
It should be you Christina, A.F.F and HIS wife. *pants wildly*

:p

Brother John
24th January 2007, 10:41
It should be you Christina, A.F.F and HIS wife. *pants wildly*

:p
How about you Christina, A.F.F.and HIS wife and me with my wife? :s mokin:

Daniel
24th January 2007, 10:42
No. It's been tried before and failed :) I'm happy with my girlfriend :D

A.F.F.
24th January 2007, 10:58
How about you Christina, A.F.F.and HIS wife and me with my wife? :s mokin:

How about if we leave Christina and our wives out and it would be you, me and Jack :bounce:

DonJippo
24th January 2007, 11:18
How about if we leave Christina and our wives out and it would be you, me and Jack :bounce:

You can't handle Jack, better if it is me DJ, BJ and JD :hot:

Christina
24th January 2007, 12:54
hehe, how about dinner but i bring my own chosen guest? and you guys can bring associated wifes and girlfriends. :)

And jack too.. if you please..

A.F.F.
24th January 2007, 13:19
hehe, how about dinner but i bring my own chosen guest? and you guys can bring associated wifes and girlfriends. :)

And jack too.. if you please..

I dunno...

Bringing my wife and my girlfriends doesn't sound too appealing :s

Christina
24th January 2007, 13:38
Yeah.. you're right.. they might start fighting..

But no opposition to a guest of my choice? whoo! let's go crazy!

Daniel
24th January 2007, 14:19
I dunno...

Bringing my wife and my girlfriends doesn't sound too appealing :s
Sounds good enough to me. She dumps you and I pick up the pieces :hot:

Erki
24th January 2007, 14:31
Me with AFF's wife, BJ's wife, DJ's wife, Daniel's GF, Christina...

I like this concept. :up:

Caroline
24th January 2007, 14:36
Me with AFF's wife, BJ's wife, DJ's wife, Daniel's GF, Christina...

I like this concept. :up:
I don't :p

Brother John
24th January 2007, 14:39
Ok Erki would paid for all the women and go somewhere else with the girls
I bring Jack for you boys and DJ take us to special place! :up:

David V
24th January 2007, 14:52
What about Duval...?

turves
24th January 2007, 15:45
I'm sure he'd be welcome to join in...

Erki
24th January 2007, 16:27
I don't :p

Can I ask you, why? :)

Brother John
24th January 2007, 16:37
What about Duval...?
I´l pay his dinner also! :D :p : :cool:

FabiaFan
24th January 2007, 21:43
OK, I'm happy, that this thread about Skoda Fabia and Francois Duval "lives"... but... uhmmm... kind of... don't know... :s

Daniel
25th January 2007, 08:45
Errr it was me who said that :p :angel:

Daniel
25th January 2007, 09:01
Errr it was me who said that :p :angel:

Christina
25th January 2007, 11:59
What about Duval...?

Oh Frankie can come too!

FabiaFan
27th January 2007, 20:28
Oh Frankie can come too!

Francois: Je vous donne rendez-vous au rallye du Portugal fin mars, un rallye que je suis vraiment impatient de découvrir.
(Pour votre information - le club organisera le déplacement pour le rallye du Portugal) :laugh:

Christina
28th January 2007, 00:47
Unfortunately for him, i shall not be in europe in time for portugal. But i already met him in australia a couple of years ago when he won here. So it's not a big loss..

Catiocha7
28th January 2007, 08:11
I have had a thought... will Duval now be allowed to use an active Fabia? I understand the rules have been relaxed a little this year?

This could be good news as I think the old active car is still faster than the passive car Francois drove last year.

You are right RS
I think that Duval will do a great season this year , and If Duval use the older active Fabia , he will make a great times this year .
and we should remember very important point that Duval has now more experience to drive Fabia this year than last year ... :rolleyes:

Catiocha7
28th January 2007, 08:13
Hello everybody
I'm a new member here and I'm a huge Skoda Fan :)

Wim_Impreza
28th January 2007, 08:53
Hello everybody

Welcome in the club.

FabiaFan
28th January 2007, 13:29
Hello everybody
Welcome - also from me!! Every Skoda fan is needed here... ;-)

Catiocha7
28th January 2007, 19:00
Welcome in the club.

Welcome Wim_Impreza
Thanks a lot for your nice greeting . :)

Catiocha7
28th January 2007, 19:02
Welcome - also from me!! Every Skoda fan is needed here... ;-)

Hi mate :)

Like you , I'm a huge Skoda fan , and by the way ,I have the responsibility to cover Skoda news and Skoda's Motorsport news on sport an Arabic website " Its name is Kooora and its link is :
http://forum.kooora.com/f.aspx?t=3317996 " and I wait you there :)
Anyway , I like your name very much and I'll tell you why , I think Fabia is one of greatest car in the world .
Fainaly , you will find me here to support our great teams ...
Skoda teams , of course ... ;-)

FabiaFan
28th January 2007, 21:16
Like you , I'm a huge Skoda fan , and by the way ,I have the responsibility to cover Skoda news and Skoda's Motorsport news on sport an Arabic website " Its name is Kooora

Wow! Great! However I must say that I have some problems with the orientation in this site... ;-) But it's nice to see, that also in the Arabic world Skoda breaks through! Last year I was in the Emirates, saw a lot Skoda showrooms, but not so many Skoda cars on the street... A few years ago in Egypt, there were many more of them... And what country are you from???

Catiocha7
29th January 2007, 08:25
Wow! Great! However I must say that I have some problems with the orientation in this site... ;-) But it's nice to see, that also in the Arabic world Skoda breaks through! Last year I was in the Emirates, saw a lot Skoda showrooms, but not so many Skoda cars on the street...

Yeah , you are right ...partner :)

In desert countries , and especially in Arabic gulf area , People like to ride an American or japanese luxury cars there , European cars aren't always the best choice for most public people ,but there are many young persons like many kinds of European cars too, and especially Sport-cars.
in Egypt,I have many friends there and they've told me that Skoda brand is one of best cars there :)

Catiocha7
29th January 2007, 08:27
And what country are you from???

About me , my own car is Skoda Fabia 1.4 cc 16V and it's very good :) ...
Hey friend , Could you tell me something about you ?

Regards :cool:

Integrale
31st January 2007, 00:43
Duval's going to drive the Legend Boucles de Spa with a Skoda.. 1300 group a. :)

RS
31st January 2007, 14:04
Duval's going to drive the Legend Boucles de Spa with a Skoda.. 1300 group a. :)

Can you tell us more about this event? Is it competitive or just a show and does it have a website?

Viking
31st January 2007, 15:10
Can you tell us more about this event? Is it competitive or just a show and does it have a website?

After a little bit of googling:
http://www.race-rally.be/2007/bsl2007/menu_2_5_EN.asp

Starting list:
http://www.race-rally.be/2007/bsl2007/docs/ProvEntryList.pdf

Wow! a 84 Skoda 130 for Duval :up:
He should give John Haugland a call about how too handle this beast :D

Wim_Impreza
31st January 2007, 16:09
Hi mate :)

Like you , I'm a huge Skoda fan , and by the way ,I have the responsibility to cover Skoda news and Skoda's Motorsport news on sport an Arabic website " Its name is Kooora and its link is :
http://forum.kooora.com/f.aspx?t=3317996 " and I wait you there :)
Anyway , I like your name very much and I'll tell you why , I think Fabia is one of greatest car in the world .
Fainaly , you will find me here to support our great teams ...
Skoda teams , of course ... ;-)

You have a very nice site, great done. I collect all what I can receive or buy about Škoda.

Catiocha7
1st February 2007, 12:05

Great news :)

:D :D

Catiocha7
1st February 2007, 12:08
You have a very nice site, great done. I collect all what I can receive or buy about Škoda.

Ohh ,Thanks a lot ..
you're welcome ;)

A.F.F.
1st February 2007, 21:32

Great. Now I know for who I'm going to sell my Octavia when I'm about to buy a new one. You're top of my list Wim :D

RS
1st February 2007, 22:06
Great. Now I know for who I'm going to sell my Octavia when I'm about to buy a new one. You're top of my list Wim :D

Oooo, what are you getting AFF?

FabiaFan
3rd February 2007, 22:13

http://www.fduval.com/ - a photo of him with 130 LR

FabiaFan
14th February 2007, 17:44
http://www.fduval.com refreshed

Integrale
14th February 2007, 22:00
http://www.fduval.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/normal_Photo_634.jpg

http://www.fduval.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10005/normal_DSCF8558_copie.jpg

François says he had a lot of fun in the Legend Boucles de Spa and was surprised by the amount of people attending (even at night). After the engine was changed, and a special later the old one was reinstalled with parts from the second engine (!), they were out of content for the win. With 80hp, it was maybe a bit too little. Instead, he concentrated on giving lots of sideways action for the spectators and he even drove two loops more than he had to on a specific stage.

FabiaFan
4th March 2007, 10:48
A new co-driver... again... Jean-Francois Elst

FabiaFan
26th March 2007, 21:24
So after the withdrawal from Portugal - who still believes in this seasons serious appearence of Francois?!?

Francois is blaming Skoda Motorsport for not sending parts in time.

Voices from Czech speak about money not arriving in time from First's side...

(Believe what you want... :-(

WRC1
27th March 2007, 07:31
poor poor skoda!!

sorry it is really funny how skoda (and the czech fans) always try to blame the others....

first it was german ass.... armin schwarz who was the black sheep, than it was redbull team (including schwarz) and now it is first/duval....

for all who understand german and/or czech take a look at armins guestbook to learn more about the behavior of the czech "fans"
http://www.armin-schwarz.com/

skoda should be happy that someone like duval presents theire name in the wrc, they should deliver the parts for free and not whining that they dont pay for them!

the only one who master a long therm partnership with skoda is kopecky (and he is czech..)

please dont missunderstand me, i like skoda, my privat car as a fabia rs and i ordered just one week ago a octavia combi, skoda makes great cars to realistic prices, but skoda motorsport AND the czech fans are sometimes a bit unlucky in there actings...

regards

wrc1

Karbonyl
27th March 2007, 08:22
I agree, sometimes czech fans are not objecitve when speaking about Skoda. But the same we can say about some fans of F. Duval ;-) You say, that Skoda should be happy od representing by Duval. But - with his famous budget from Pyramid Tech. how is it possible, that the First's Fabia is not on the way to Portugal or Belgium, but still staying and waiting in Mlada Boleslav? There must be some reason; we have not the official statement from Skoda, but I think, that the true is somewhere between...

Tom206wrc
27th March 2007, 08:38
Not good news at all, indeed... :(

Iskald
27th March 2007, 11:02
http://www.fduval.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/normal_Photo_634.jpg

http://www.fduval.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10005/normal_DSCF8558_copie.jpg

François says he had a lot of fun in the Legend Boucles de Spa and was surprised by the amount of people attending (even at night). After the engine was changed, and a special later the old one was reinstalled with parts from the second engine (!), they were out of content for the win. With 80hp, it was maybe a bit too little. Instead, he concentrated on giving lots of sideways action for the spectators and he even drove two loops more than he had to on a specific stage.

Nice czech "twist" of drivers name on the car! The picture reminds me about the first time I saw the 130 LR, which was actually at the rally where Skoda introduced.it. The car was homologated in Group B 1st of january 1985 and it was under great secrecy we were allowed to take a peak in a workshop outside the town of Zlin (it was called Gottwaldow in those days), a day before the Valasska Zima Rally third weekend of january 1985. This was a winter rally, lots of snow and ice actually, but it was not allowed with studded tyres. So it was lots of slipping and sliding as drivers tackled the wintry conditions on studless tyres. John Haugland drove a 130 LR in the rally and I think he was 3rd overall, but I`m not quite sure. But I remember that one of the special stages wen around the Barum tyre factory and it must have been at least 10 000 spectators present. The czech people has always had a great interest in rallying, and they were very proud of the new Skoda Group B car.

The special thing about the Skoda 130 LR - and also the Citroën Visa Mille Pistes - was that they were allowed to rally also after the Group B ban in 1986. So they were using these cars also in 1987 - as the only cars originally homologated in Group B that were allowed to continue.

Christina
27th March 2007, 11:04
Where does it say that Francois will miss portugal? i cant find it on any news sites.

Catiocha7
27th March 2007, 11:08
Where does it say that Francois will miss portugal? i cant find it on any news sites.

http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=6029 :(

FabiaFan
27th March 2007, 12:04
first it was german ass.... armin schwarz who was the black sheep, than it was redbull team (including schwarz) and now it is first/duval....
for all who understand german and/or czech take a look at armins guestbook to learn more about the behavior of the czech "fans"
http://www.armin-schwarz.com/
wrc1

The Czech fans never spotted Duval, they love him! As well as they accepted certain talent of Aigner. They simply disagreed with Schwarz being installed as number one into the team for other than sport reasons. (Remember he was outpaced before at Hyundai by slow FastFreddy and the rally pensioner Kankkunen several times)

Can you find on this forum anybody supporting the role of Schwarz as number one in any WRC team any time of Schwarz's career?!?!? Do you support it???

FabiaFan
27th March 2007, 12:15
This you can find on fduval.com

François absent au Portugal ( Lundi 26/03 15 H 48 )
François ne sera pas de la parite au Portugal, en effet les conditions n'étant pas optimale, l'équipe first a décidé ne pas prendre part à ce rallye.. Je suis déçu de ne pas participer à ce rallye nouveau pour la plus-part des pilotes, mais bon les conditions n'étant pas très favorables, je n'ai même pas encore fait un mètre avec Jean françois, maintenant cela nous laisse du temps pour bien préparer la Sardaigne, cela fera 6 mois que je n'aurais plus roulé. Je suis aussi très déçu pour tous les supporters qui feront le déplacement et qui malheureusement ne me verront pas en spéciale.

It says he is now preparing for Sardinia, but who knows... This statement is explaining nothing and is not very convincing... Also the successive changes of co-drivers are suspicious...

Josti
27th March 2007, 12:22
The special thing about the Skoda 130 LR - and also the Citroën Visa Mille Pistes - was that they were allowed to rally also after the Group B ban in 1986. So they were using these cars also in 1987 - as the only cars originally homologated in Group B that were allowed to continue.

Don't forget the Lada's too.

getting back to the subject, what a shame for Francois (not really unexpected though). I was really looking forward seeing him action. Especially in Portugal. Now let's get our hopes up for Sardinia.

FabiaFan
27th March 2007, 12:39
Don't forget the Lada's too.

getting back to the subject, what a shame for Francois (not really unexpected though). I was really looking forward seeing him action. Especially in Portugal. Now let's get our hopes up for Sardinia.

Explanation of Willy Collignon for those who understand French.

Pas de Portugal donc, mais la Sardaigne comme premier rendez-vous où First présentera la Skoda Fabia WRC dont le degré d'évolution technologique sera au niveau optimal, tant sur terre que sur asphalte.
Willy Collignon avait prévenu: "Je ne roulerai pas si mes voitures ne sont pas prêtes à 110%! Or, elles ne le sont pas encore comme je le voudrais, parce que la préparation a été plus longue que je ne l'avais imaginé. D'autre part, je ne veux pas confier des voitures non abouties à un pilote à qui je vais demander d'aller au bout de ses propres capacités."

But Duval should start in New Zaeland instead!!! More on http://www.megaram.be/firstmotorsport/

L5->R5/CR
27th March 2007, 16:50
I agree, sometimes czech fans are not objecitve when speaking about Skoda. But the same we can say about some fans of F. Duval ;-) You say, that Skoda should be happy od representing by Duval. But - with his famous budget from Pyramid Tech. how is it possible, that the First's Fabia is not on the way to Portugal or Belgium, but still staying and waiting in Mlada Boleslav? There must be some reason; we have not the official statement from Skoda, but I think, that the true is somewhere between...

This is the energy drink sponsor all over again. First Motorsport "finds" ""sponsors"" and gets a "commitement" from them. They then start finding ways to spend the money only to not have the money again.

Either that or they are tossers...