PDA

View Full Version : Renault R27

RJL25
17th January 2007, 03:44
I'm surprised no one has posted this already! These are some unofficial shots of the R27 at recent shakedown test at Jerez. Sheck out the mirrors!!

http://www.formule1.nl/index.php?pid=29&sei=23&fid=20&foto=101493

http://www.formule1.nl/index.php?pid=29&sei=23&fid=9&foto=101041

http://www.formule1.nl/index.php?pid=29&sei=23&fid=9&foto=101042

http://www.formule1.nl/index.php?pid=29&sei=23&fid=9&foto=101047

http://www.formule1.nl/index.php?pid=29&sei=23&fid=20&foto=101333

http://www.formule1.nl/index.php?pid=29&sei=23&fid=20&foto=101332

http://www.formule1.nl/index.php?pid=29&sei=23&fid=20&foto=101346

Hawkmoon
17th January 2007, 04:54
The b@stards have stolen Ferrari's mirrors! ;) :D

harsha
17th January 2007, 04:56
the car might be damn good,but fisichella doesn't seem the sort who can really win the WDC

AJP
17th January 2007, 05:23
The car looks great, very smooth down each side of the engine cover...nice to see the mirrors further out in the dirty air created by the tyres. Makes for a much cleaner air flow down over the engine covers...

I too think that if this is a championship winning car, it wont happen this year with Fisico...I just don't think he has it like Fernando did...

I hope to be wrong though.

Dazz9908
17th January 2007, 05:56
And Ferrari's rear frizby wheels covers. :dozey:

wmcot
17th January 2007, 08:56
Please! Not another car with a dark blue livery! Soon the whole grid will be blue or half blue except for Ferrari (and even they ran blue and white in 1965 for a short time!)

RJL25
17th January 2007, 11:52
Please! Not another car with a dark blue livery! Soon the whole grid will be blue or half blue except for Ferrari (and even they ran blue and white in 1965 for a short time!)

well historically speaking all brittish teams should run with a navy blue livery... but this ain't the 40's anymore and i agree there needs to be more colour! Unfortunately tho liveries are dependant on sponsors and blue is a very common corporate colour. Still i miss the yellow jordans and black minardi's. Atleast spyker has a fair bit of orange on their car (and possibly more this season...) which brings a bit of much needed colour to the paddock! Still F1 really needs Repsol to become a major sponsor of an F1 team cos cars and bikes sponsored by repsol always look the biz!

Ranger
17th January 2007, 12:10
well historically speaking all brittish teams should run with a navy blue livery...

Wouldn't that be British Racing Green? Vanwall and Lotus used this.

I found Blue to be more French, a la Matra. I may have this perception because there were thousands of French drivers and elf sponsorship on the British Tyrell team through the 70's - go figure.

I thought the 2005 Minardi was one of the nicest looking cars on the grid, personally.

johngordon
17th January 2007, 12:37
100% correct, all uk cars should be british racing green. Blue was Italy I think?

RJL25
17th January 2007, 12:46
100% correct, all uk cars should be british racing green. Blue was Italy I think?

oh well i stuffed up

DimitraF1
17th January 2007, 13:38
i imagine renault doesnt have plenty to show for this year and they try to copy ferrari's rear wheel covers, the mirrors..the holes that are the radiators reminds me something from mclaren,what do you think?

Somebody
17th January 2007, 13:46
Blue was France. Italy was, believe it or not, red :)

ShiftingGears
17th January 2007, 13:50
i imagine renault doesnt have plenty to show for this year and they try to copy ferrari's rear wheel covers, the mirrors..the holes that are the radiators reminds me something from mclaren,what do you think?

Hey, if it makes the car faster, I see no reason why they shouldn't use it.

Robinho
17th January 2007, 13:52
Blue was France. Italy was, believe it or not, red :)

and germany silver, Japan white

jwhite9185
17th January 2007, 13:54

I think France is blue - hence why the Ligier/Prost was always blue. I believe Italy is red - like Ferrari. Austrailia is orange (last years Mclaren test livery - Bruce Mclaren was Austrailian), Japan is white (last years Honda/Toyota), Germany is silver (Mclaren Mercedes). I think the USA is yellow but i could be wrong.

So teams still do race in their national colours!

ShiftingGears
17th January 2007, 14:03
[quote="jwhite9185"]Bruce Mclaren was Austrailian),QUOTE]

He was not! McLaren was a Kiwi. Brabham liveries when owned by Jack Brabham were Green and Gold, typically Australian colours.

jwhite9185
17th January 2007, 14:07
My bad.

jens
17th January 2007, 14:10
As much as I've seen the cars so far, then for some reason I've got the feeling that like in 2006, Ferrari and Renault are going to be the main title challengers again. Ferrari might have a slight advantage in drivers line-up, but if Renault's technical personnel (better than Ferrari's after the departure of Team MS?) can find an extra tenth our two advantage over Ferrari, it might be pretty close.

ShiftingGears
17th January 2007, 14:10
Austrailia is orange (last years Mclaren test livery - Bruce Mclaren was Austrailian)

No he wasn't! McLaren was a Kiwi, and Australias traditional colours are Green and Gold, which were the colours of the Brabham Racing Organisation before Brabham sold it to Bernie Ecclestone.

pino
17th January 2007, 14:19

Normally Italy use blue jersey in all sport disciplines, except for racing where they use red (preferably Ferrari's red) :p :

17th January 2007, 14:31
Red was actually the originally the colour of the United States for motorsport purposes.

The Italians swapped their original black for red very early on in the history of motorsport.

Germany was white (imperial Germany, pre-WW1). It is rumoured that silver only came along when the Mercedes-Benz mechanics stripped the cars of their paintwork in order to save weight.

France was and always will be blue. British entrants were Green. The Dutch were Orange (there's a surprise!).

Gannex
18th January 2007, 12:48
Wow! I've just looked at the photos of this car, and I think it looks fantastic, beautiful. The nose makes a lovely arc toward the front, and the Renault doeesn't have the ugly drooping suspension that others have adopted to compensate for monocoque suspension mountings. This Renault seems to have a keel, or possibly two, for the lower wishbones. The photos don't tell you, but whether it's single-keel or v-keel or whatever, it makes for a much more beautiful car, I think, and may be the key difference in dealing with the pathetic 2007-spec front tyres. Varying set-ups will be possible with this suspension geometry, whereas the droopy suspension guys will often be struggling mighty hard to keep those front tyres in full contact with the track.

And how about that front wing? I've never seen such a large variation in angle of attack as one moves from the centre toward the tips. This is very bold design from Renault, which I suppose we have come to expect. And it is accompanied by the gorgeous reshaping of the radiator air intakes. How did they manage to make them so small? Will the Renault overheat regularly? Obviously, they think not, so I'm looking forward to finding out.

The car looks so purposefully squat, largely courtesy of the front suspension arrangement, and the paint-job is gorgeous too. I absolutely love this car. It's almost enough to make me root for Renault this year, though I'm sure that after the initial impression has worn off, I'll just take a couple of anti-depressants and go back to cheering for Williams, footling around at the back of the pack.

Storm
18th January 2007, 13:31
This one looks great with the new paint job...but is this an interim livery or not?

W8&C
18th January 2007, 18:35

...just look at that "illegal moving aerodynamic devices" at the rear wheels! :D

Ranger
19th January 2007, 06:33
I'd say its interim... based on the fact ING isn't plastered all over it. :p :

jtrigell
19th January 2007, 14:30
Yep - Interim, until the 24th

Big Ben
19th January 2007, 15:14
Interim... Good. It looks horrible.

DimitraF1
20th January 2007, 00:06
renault may have a good car but fisichella show us in 2006 how bad driver he is if we compare him with alonso and schumacher in the last race... flavio try to get kimi but forget to have someone to choose if he loose him.now he is left with an inexperient and a proven not champion fighter!