PDA

View Full Version : Extra Entries (2008 Edition)

Alfa Fan
19th March 2008, 14:12
Time to get this thread started.....

There were 27 registered entries on media day and....

We've already heard the Xero are supposed to be entering their 2 Lexus IS200s to the full championship

AFM Racing are planning to join in June with their two BMW 120ds for Kerry & Leason;

And now today Motorsport News reports that CMS Motorsport are intending to enter the two ex-Motorbase Toldeos from the first round.

Any other news?

cos
19th March 2008, 14:56
We've already heard the Xero are supposed to be entering their 2 Lexus IS200s to the full championship

Spotted this (http://www.xero-competition.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=75&Itemid=97) update on Xero's website.. anyone fancy hazarding a guess as to the sponsor and driver?

MBailey06
19th March 2008, 15:01
Spotted this (http://www.xero-competition.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=75&Itemid=97) update on Xero's website.. anyone fancy hazarding a guess as to the sponsor and driver?

Perhaps the driver is Ian Curley and the sponsor is speed equipe? No idea to be honest.

cos
19th March 2008, 15:10
Speedequipe was the team, sponsored by Hpi (green/blue rather than green/yellow).

Marc W
19th March 2008, 15:14
Another 6 cars added to the 27 would take the entry to 33 cars one over the maximum of 32. Whoever turns up last could be disapointed.

Iain
19th March 2008, 16:03
Not everyone's going to do every meeting are they though? As usual there will be people not going to Knockhill.

Yellow and green? Brazilian national colours? Tommy Erdos? :crazy:

BDunnell
19th March 2008, 16:25
Another 6 cars added to the 27 would take the entry to 33 cars one over the maximum of 32. Whoever turns up last could be disapointed.

It could also reduce the scope for the possible championship contenders other than Vauxhall to enter a third car at the last meeting, could it not?

dwracing23
19th March 2008, 16:30

Brazilian National Flag!

The driver is ......... Tommy Erdos. Thats easy.

Tommy number 1 driver - Mark number 2 driver

VX_Rules
19th March 2008, 16:44
Who's Tommy Erdos?

And would they really keep to the 32 car limit?

That would actually make the qualifying interesting, if they did it "clio cup style".

ed.peters
19th March 2008, 16:49
And now today Motorsport News reports that CMS Motorsport are intending to enter the two ex-Motorbase Toldeos from the first round.

That's old news!.. http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1887 Not sure about the first round at Brands though!

They are currently talking to interested drivers. Quite an interesting list! Some very good drivers amongst them..

cos
19th March 2008, 17:12
Who's Tommy Erdos?

Current LeMans Series LMP2 champ. Drove a half BTCC season in TMSR Lexus back in 2001.

And would they really keep to the 32 car limit?

That would actually make the qualifying interesting, if they did it "clio cup style".

Gow's said the entry will be closed if it hits 32 cars, which is the smallest amount of starters permitted on some of the circuits the BTCC visits; that way no-one will suffer a DNQ.

DazzlaF1
19th March 2008, 17:18
Green, Fiona Leggate maybe?

VX_Rules
19th March 2008, 17:30
Whys Fiona Leggate Green?

And please god no...

Alfa Fan
19th March 2008, 17:43
That's old news!.. http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1887 Not sure about the first round at Brands though!

They are currently talking to interested drivers. Quite an interesting list! Some very good drivers amongst them..

It's not "old news" where does your story say that its SEAT Toledo's they're going to run? In particular, the ex-Motorbase cars. And tbh, TCT is not the most reliable of sources.

Alfa Fan
19th March 2008, 17:59
MN also reports Callum Lockie may race a 3rd Team 48 Alfa later in the year.

VX_Rules
19th March 2008, 19:14
If all these reports happen, Its going to be full. :/

VkmSpouge
19th March 2008, 19:29

What does the article actually say?

A new team running three cars would be a big task. That said, Lockie is a good driver.

DazzlaF1
19th March 2008, 19:32

3rd alfa, that has to be Eoin Murrays old car if thats true

Alfa Fan
19th March 2008, 19:37
What does the article actually say?

""CMS Motorsport is planning a move into the BTCC this season with a pair of SEAT Toledos.....Team boss Malcolm Cleland said: "We'll try to get the touring car team running in the background but we won't buy the cars until we have good quality drivers on board. It's getting quite late in the game but we're not going to do BTCC unless we can do it properly."

I read elsewhere that things may have progressed now and that the team are close to announcing their full plans.

cos
19th March 2008, 19:47
3rd alfa, that has to be Eoin Murrays old car if thats true

Or Mark Smith's? PT Motorsport ran that car, and also Darelle Wilson in the VW cup.

VkmSpouge
19th March 2008, 20:08
""CMS Motorsport is planning a move into the BTCC this season with a pair of SEAT Toledos.....Team boss Malcolm Cleland said: "We'll try to get the touring car team running in the background but we won't buy the cars until we have good quality drivers on board. It's getting quite late in the game but we're not going to do BTCC unless we can do it properly."

I read elsewhere that things may have progressed now and that the team are close to announcing their full plans.

I won't hold my breath but I hope CMS do enter.

btcc-thunder
19th March 2008, 20:32
i second that, would be good to see the toledos out there, the article does say 'planning, trying etc ' rather than definitley entering at brands

team 48 does have some of the team members from the team that ran mark smith but its a new team so doesn't necesserily follow that the mark smith car is in their ownership

tisme
19th March 2008, 20:59

At what point of the story does it say they 'CMS Motorsport are intending to enter the two ex-Motorbase Toldeos from the first round.'?
As the cars are still at Motorbase. they are cutting it a bit fine!

Les
19th March 2008, 22:25

I read that article as we haven't got any drivers, we haven't got any cars but if someone was to bring a pot of money we would be in touring cars like a shot....

I could think of 20 other teams who would do exactly the same

tdb
19th March 2008, 23:50
FYI, Touringcartimes.com could be worth a look in the next 24 hours (ish)

Alfa Fan
19th March 2008, 23:56
Will that be confirmation of the full driver line-up tdb? Can't wait! Speculation has it that it's Tommy Erdos and Mark Jones, which would be a strong line-up.

racer69
20th March 2008, 06:04

Surely if 33 or 36 or whatever cars turned up, they qualify them all and the slowest would miss out?

Les
20th March 2008, 06:12
Surely if 33 or 36 or whatever cars turned up, they qualify them all and the slowest would miss out?

doubt that I would pay my entry earlier, turn up, set up all the garage, hospitality unit, invite my sponsors etc, qualify for 15 mins and then go home.... last one in misses out regardless of how good he is.

Abo
20th March 2008, 07:31
doubt that I would pay my entry earlier, turn up, set up all the garage, hospitality unit, invite my sponsors etc, qualify for 15 mins and then go home.... last one in misses out regardless of how good he is.

Why? All drivers and teams think they are the dogs bollocks! They wouldn't be thinking 'hmm, well, maybe we're not good enough' because thy just don't have that mindset. So yeah, I can see 33 teams turning up and someone going away disappointed. It seems to work (almost) like this in NASCAR.

SEATFreak
20th March 2008, 09:11
FYI, Touringcartimes.com could be worth a look in the next 24 hours (ish)

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2064

martinbalmer
20th March 2008, 10:02

No.....

As has already been posted, a maximum of 32 entries will be accepted on a first come first served basis. It's an incentive to get your package together and get your car entered as soon as possible or risk not having a place. The organisers do have the right to refuse an entry at their discretion in order to maintain some sort of quality.

CroftPilgrim
20th March 2008, 10:36
No.....

As has already been posted, a maximum of 32 entries will be accepted on a first come first served basis. It's an incentive to get your package together and get your car entered as soon as possible or risk not having a place. The organisers do have the right to refuse an entry at their discretion in order to maintain some sort of quality.

Absolutely. Alan Gow has made both these points quite clear on the offical BTCC forum.

LiamM
20th March 2008, 10:57
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2064

Any one reckonise this helmet?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/picture.php?id=2064

Alfa Fan
20th March 2008, 11:31

http://www.btccpages.com/photos/aj/2001/010826op_r1920/te1.jpg

Thomas Erdos?

LiamM
20th March 2008, 11:42
http://www.mg-lola.com/erdosbiog.htm

SEATFreak
20th March 2008, 12:29
http://www.btccpages.com/photos/aj/2001/010826op_r1920/te1.jpg

Thomas Erdos?

http://www.mg-lola.com/erdosbiog.htm

I don't see how any of those links help. The helmet is pretty hard to identify with any assurance on the TCT pic. Zooming in all I can spot is it is possibly white/silver with black stripes.

Robinho
20th March 2008, 14:02
still no news on drivers or official entry yet then, but at least we see the car on the track, in a new livery.

i can't place the helmet, but i guess either someone can, or we'll finally get the full story soon - i suppose this way builds up suspense and interest in the team

Iain
20th March 2008, 14:21
tdb - is that you in the photo?

Car looks great :D

VX_Rules
20th March 2008, 14:54
The CAr does look good, So i take it the others Green/Yellow, but the opposite way around to this, and how come the sponsors are being kept secret?

All very interesting....

PDS
20th March 2008, 16:05
tdb - is that you in the photo?

Car looks great :D
No.. that is the boss Dave Beecroft!

Funks
20th March 2008, 17:38

Unhelpfully...yes. I do recognise it.

VkmSpouge
20th March 2008, 18:21
The car looks pretty good. Yellow and blue is a good combination. Can't wait to see the other car and who the drivers are.

Allyc85
20th March 2008, 19:03
On crash.net it says Hughes will start the season in an MG as a sponsor is late paying towards the Integra. Then there will be a seat available in the MG.

mattie007
20th March 2008, 21:21
I'll have someone to support at Brands now!

Jason Hughes will start the British Touring Car Championship season in the same MG ZS he has campaigned for the last four years, after the delivery of his Honda Integra from Dave Pinkney's workshop was delayed.

Hughes, 38, who drives for his own Kartworld team, had been due to race the Integra for the whole season, but a delay in payment from one of his sponsors has meant that he cannot yet complete the purchase of the Japanese machine.

"It's the way it goes," Hughes told autosport.com. "We had hoped to run the Integra all season, but there were a few hold-ups, so we'll be in the MG at Brands next weekend.

"Hopefully everything can be sorted so we can have the Integra for the next round at Rockingham."

Hughes tested his MG at Rockingham last week and was only three tenths of a second off the pace of Jason Plato's diesel-powered SEAT, despite the test only being scheduled as a shakedown.

"The MG still works then," he added. "It's been totally re-built over the winter, so we just had to check really.

"And I hope that when we get the Honda that we can get someone else to race the MG. We have three or four people interested, so we hope we can get something sorted there soon."

KWR ran a pair of MGs last year under the Kartworld banner for Hughes and Fiona Leggate.

So it's looking good for a ZS in 2008. But has anyone heard anything about Fiona in 08, in BTCC (unlikly!) or another championship?

VX_Rules
20th March 2008, 22:45
NOOOOOOOOOO not the frickin MG.

:( Get rid of the pile of crap. The worst thing is he still intends to run it with someone else driving it! :(

Some more entries better get entered soon so he can't. :'(

VkmSpouge
20th March 2008, 22:58

:( Get rid of the pile of crap.

It ain't a pile of crap, it's a venerable veteran of many campaigns past :p :. It should be as competitive as Michael Doyle's old Civic.

tisme
20th March 2008, 23:03

:( Get rid of the pile of crap. The worst thing is he still intends to run it with someone else driving it! :(

Not exactly queing up to drive it are they?

DazzlaF1
20th March 2008, 23:26
The car looks pretty good. Yellow and blue is a good combination. Can't wait to see the other car and who the drivers are.

I agree, looks really nice, kinda reminds me of Alain Menu's Renault livery of the mid 90's

mattie007
20th March 2008, 23:48
Whats wrong with the ZS?
Its still a good midfielder and capable of top 10's in the right hands.
I'll got shot down in flames for this but why don't people moan at the Lexus, Civic, Alfa 156's?!

cos
21st March 2008, 00:41

I think it's Nick Adcock...

Iain
21st March 2008, 07:03
Who was testing Clios for TCR yesterday....

Very mysterious! :p :

VX_Rules
21st March 2008, 10:24
veteran of many campaigns past :p :. It should be as competitive as Michael Doyle's old Civic.

Veterans the right word! cant we put it in a museum now to lay to rest?

Its just so unreliable...

SEATFreak
21st March 2008, 13:13
I am not an expert and I will never ever claim to be, but I have to admit even to the uninitiated, like me, the Integra, probably the only other BTC spec car in the BTCC to rival the ZS, does have something that makes it stronger and more competitive over an apparent longer achievable lifespan it appears.

So why is the ZS still running? Is it because it makes for the cheaper therefore more cost effective option?

BDunnell
21st March 2008, 13:25
I am not an expert and I will never ever claim to be, but I have to admit even to the uninitiated, like me, the Integra, probably the only other BTC spec car in the BTCC to rival the ZS, does have something that makes it stronger and more competitive over an apparent longer achievable lifespan it appears.

The Integra is a much newer car. The MG made its first BTCC appearance in 2001, the Integra in 2005.

Marc W
21st March 2008, 13:41

That's more to do with who is running it rather than the car itself, it was pretty reliable when WSR were running it.

VX_Rules
21st March 2008, 17:58
The Mg, was an old car in design even in 2001, from the rover it was based on!

VkmSpouge
21st March 2008, 18:19

Is it? Jason Hughes' MG suffered 8 retirements in 28 starts in 2007. It's about average reliability for the season (easily beating Lexus and Alfa Romeo) and actually a better record than Gordon Shedden had.

Marc W
21st March 2008, 19:24
Is it? Jason Hughes' MG suffered 8 retirements in 28 starts in 2007. It's about average reliability for the season (easily beating Lexus and Alfa Romeo) and actually a better record than Gordon Shedden had.

And several of them were the team making mistakes with the preparation rather than the car itself.

Alfa Fan
21st March 2008, 19:42
And several of them were the team making mistakes with the preparation rather than the car itself.

Yet another slur on Kartworld from you! No surprises when Fiona's not there any more! Strange how they didnt seem to have any problems running Hughes in 06?! With the team constantly busy sorting out the lastest damage Fiona had inflicted on her car, no wonder the reliablility of Hughes' slipped a bit!!

PDS
21st March 2008, 19:48
Come on Alfa Fan, as much as you dislike Fiona, I dont think you can blame her for the drop in reliability that Jason suffered!

I know they had experienced problems, but that was the doing of Fiona or even Jason!

The team was caught-up in a problem that they could not have forseen!

LiamM
21st March 2008, 19:51

Back on the topic of Xero,

Similarities anyone?

http://www.nickadcock.net/images/radical07/08PembSideOn.jpg

VkmSpouge
21st March 2008, 20:03
It does look like Nick Adcock's helmet, I guess well will find out in a few days.

Marc W
21st March 2008, 21:39
Yet another slur on Kartworld from you! No surprises when Fiona's not there any more! Strange how they didnt seem to have any problems running Hughes in 06?! With the team constantly busy sorting out the lastest damage Fiona had inflicted on her car, no wonder the reliablility of Hughes' slipped a bit!!

What do you mean yet another slur?!! I have been avoiding commenting up till now and I still support Kartworld even though Fiona has left. Most of the damage inflicted on her car were by being rammed off by other cars. Jason's car also suffered damage during the season. And a lot of faults occurred during first practice, before either cars had suffered any damage. You really do have an inexplicable hatred of Fiona and anything to do with her and I've never been able to work out why.

Iain
22nd March 2008, 07:18
It does look like Nick Adcock's helmet, I guess well will find out in a few days.

He's doing Clios though. As a Xero driver last year, I presume he was called upon to do some shakedown work. :)

SEATFreak
22nd March 2008, 08:21
He's doing Clios though. As a Xero driver last year, I presume he was called upon to do some shakedown work. :)

With who?

Not that I am into the Clios. I am just interested.

tisme
22nd March 2008, 10:13
He was seen testing a clio on thursday!

SEATFreak
22nd March 2008, 10:51
He was seen testing a clio on thursday!

I didn't ask "in what" or "when". I asked "with who". "With who" means what team he was with.

tisme
22nd March 2008, 11:23
Calm down Freak! I was just confirming what Iain had posted!

I see you have learnt how to dish out abuse as well now!

You will have to find out from someone else now!

SEATFreak
22nd March 2008, 11:47
I see you have learnt how to dish out abuse as well now!

Thanks. :up:

I have learned from the best.

Eurotech
22nd March 2008, 16:47
The Lime Green could be Holiday Inn Colours??????

They were on two cars last year - VXR & GR Asia so why not do it again.

Holiday Inn could mean Gavin Smith or somebody else whos Irish ????????

Eurotech
22nd March 2008, 16:49
Thanks. :up:

I have learned from the best.

Nice!

Iain
22nd March 2008, 21:21

Holiday Inn are backing SEAT Sport UK this season.......

SEAT Freak, seeing as you said in another thread that you had a new favourite team in the supports, you should know who Nick Adcock will be driving for.

PDS
22nd March 2008, 21:30

The only lime green cars I have seen are the Team48 Alfa's!

Are you saying they may have Holiday Inn Sponsorhip as well?

VX_Rules
22nd March 2008, 21:59
And Holiday Inns green isn't even lime... lol.

I take it the driver/sponsor announcement will be this week? Any news when and what site?

BTCC2
22nd March 2008, 22:14
Maybe they will just turn up at the first race with no announcement being made until saturday.

PDS
22nd March 2008, 22:25
I'm confused now... What team are we talking about?

Alfa Fan
22nd March 2008, 22:50
Xero

100%hondafan
23rd March 2008, 10:44
adcock was just testing for tcr in the clio nothing more.

Iain
23rd March 2008, 12:04
Why did he have his official championship mugshot taken then?

http://www.jakobebrey.com/dbpics/preview/417808.jpg

100%hondafan
23rd March 2008, 12:20
not sure but it was a reliable source from the test maybe they had got it wrong then.

PDS
23rd March 2008, 15:28
I'm even more confused!!!

Xero!... Green!... Adcock!... And Clio's???

Two I understand.. but not the other two!

VkmSpouge
23rd March 2008, 16:25
I'm even more confused!!!

Xero!... Green!... Adcock!... And Clio's???

Two I understand.. but not the other two!

Xero Competition have released a picture of some Lexus bodywork that is yellow and green. Touringcartimes.com recently put a couple of pictures of Xero's yellow and blue Lexus on their website which you can just about see the design of the driver's helmet which look quite like Nick Adcock. However Adcock appears to be doing the Clios this year, so might have been merely testing the Lexus.

PDS
23rd March 2008, 18:54
Xero Competition have released a picture of some Lexus bodywork that is yellow and green.
Oh, That picture!

Touringcartimes.com recently put a couple of pictures of Xero's yellow and blue Lexus on their website which you can just about see the design of the driver's helmet which look quite like Nick Adcock. My pictures on TcT!

However Adcock appears to be doing the Clios this year, so might have been merely testing the Lexus.

Only time will tell!

Iain
23rd March 2008, 20:42
Maybe he's doing both series or neither and it's a red herring. :p :

I'm sure all will be revealed eventually!

BTCR TM
23rd March 2008, 20:42
Its all very exciting, lets hope its two more lexus on the grid

MBailey06
24th March 2008, 10:38
So how many extra entries are we looking at here? I was kind of hoping that someone would buy the ex-Johan Stureson Peugeot 407 that is for sale in Autosport, but that won't happen now. So will it be just Xero then?

cos
26th March 2008, 10:23
Not really an extra entry as such, but Gareth Howell will be filling in at BTC when their regular drivers have other committments.

Iain
26th March 2008, 19:59
There is a couple of clashes with the trucks and the BTCC for Stuart Oliver isn't there?

KayeFan
27th March 2008, 08:43
Near the end of last season it was almost certain that James Kaye would be back on the grid in 2008. I would love to know what happened to that deal. :-(

Les
27th March 2008, 22:15
the last I heard he is too busy to race

Andy_B
28th March 2008, 05:45
Xero Competition have released a picture of some Lexus bodywork that is yellow and green.

The green looked like masking tape/sticker material to me....

Funks
29th March 2008, 07:11
Maybe he's doing both series or neither and it's a red herring. :p :

I'm sure all will be revealed eventually!

Lo, all is revealed.

http://www.nickadcock.net/news.htm

Alfa Fan
29th March 2008, 11:46
Well it says "the Lexus is still some way off", so does that mean we won't be seeing it for quite a while yet?

VkmSpouge
29th March 2008, 12:09
If Nick Adcock was meant to be one of their drivers that would explain why they aren't running one of their cars but Xero Competition had been planning on running two Lexus IS200s, so surely their second driver would have been paying for their ride too?

Mcp138
29th March 2008, 19:24
TBD said they would deffinatly be at brands.... Are they in the stands or something then ? I dont think anyone is going to enter with them at all this year, they just arent quick enough... Its a shame, maybe they will enter half way, or nearer the end of the season, but wouldnt expect much.

VkmSpouge
29th March 2008, 19:36
I dont think anyone is going to enter with them at all this year, they just arent quick enough

To be fair we haven't seen Xero Competition race its Lexus IS200s since 2006, we simply don't know how quick they will be. All we have got to go on is what Nick Adcock said.

Mcp138
29th March 2008, 21:05
And the fact that the IS200 is not a proven car.... yet

Gavers
19th April 2008, 12:55
Just read on another forum that Ian court may be joining the btcc from oulton park onwards in a Alfa Romeo 156/Seat Toledo in preparation to completing a full campain next year!!

Very interesting, will have to wait and see!!

KILOHMUNNS
19th April 2008, 13:09
Has anyone heard any further news on how the development on the BMW 1 series of Kerry and Leason is going and whther they will be joing this season?

AndySpeed
19th April 2008, 14:18
Just read on another forum that Ian court may be joining the btcc from oulton park onwards in a Alfa Romeo 156/Seat Toledo in preparation to completing a full campain next year!!

Very interesting, will have to wait and see!!

With BTC Racing having acquired Motorbase's Toledo's that leaves the GR Asia one from last year and I'm sure there must be another one somewhere.

Allyc85
19th April 2008, 15:03
I read in Motorsport Newsthat Dave Pinkney might be making a return to the BTCC as his GT move isnt really working out.

mattie007
19th April 2008, 15:30
Could that explain why Jason hasn't got his Integra yet?

Rover V8
19th April 2008, 15:51
I read in Motorsport Newsthat Dave Pinkney might be making a return to the BTCC as his GT move isnt really working out.

It's hardly had time to 'not really work out'- a pair of non-starts at the first meeting at Oulton after the car ended free practice stuck in the wall, and Jason Templeman took over from Pinkney for Knockhill.

The cynic in me suggests this might have more to do with money, or some dispute with the team- Anyone know whether it was Machitski or Pinkney who crunched the Lamborghini at Oulton....?

tyreman2
20th April 2008, 22:13
Could that explain why Jason hasn't got his Integra yet?
No!

Les
21st April 2008, 06:13
Has anyone heard any further news on how the development on the BMW 1 series of Kerry and Leason is going and whther they will be joing this season?

sounds like they will be testing very soon

and Dave didn't crump the Lambo

cazvxr
21st April 2008, 13:51
They will be testing and fingers crossed will be out soon.