PDA

View Full Version : Rally History (part II)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jrally
6th December 2006, 10:22
Just to restart !

What happened to the old ones ? Have they been deleted ?
If yes, it's a crime !

Regards
jorge

Brother John
6th December 2006, 10:35
Just to restart !

What happened to the old ones ? Have they been deleted ?
If yes, it's a crime !

Regards
jorge

I think this thread belonged in under SUB forum!

jrally
6th December 2006, 10:39
Thanks Brother John ! I've seen it now !

Regards
jorge

jrally
6th December 2006, 12:26
I return with the question regarding Patrik Sundell

What was the first car he drove in 1999 and was he born in Ostersund ?

Thanks
jorge

kabouter
6th December 2006, 19:22
To make it easier for others to find, the old Rally history thread can be accessed from here: http://archive.motorsportforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=7

cal
6th December 2006, 19:31
I return with the question regarding Patrik Sundell

What was the first car he drove in 1999 and was he born in Ostersund ?

Thanks
jorge

His first rally car was a VW Golf MKI with 70hp in our "economy" class. And yes, he's born in Östersund. :)

kabouter
7th December 2006, 10:27
In the 1995 RAC there was the following crew: #50 David Thompson / John Davenport. Are these the David Thompson who was a regular competitor in the 1970s (http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type=profile&driverid=12205) and the famous codriver John Davenport, later team manager?

Kaps
7th December 2006, 17:14
I have a few questions about 1973 season.

1.Were Jean Ragnotti at Monte, Bernard Darniche & J-P Nicolas at Swedish and J-F Piot at Morocco part of the works Alpine-Renault team, or were their Renault 12 Gordinis entered privately?

2. Bjorn Waldegard at Swedish with VW- was it a works entry or not?

3. Bob Neyret with Citroen DS23 at Morocco, works entry or not?

4. Peugeot team at Morocco (Makinen, Mikkola, Fall, Consten) and at Safari (Andersson), works entries or not?

Thank you.

januszsz
7th December 2006, 21:52
I have a few questions about 1973 season.

1.Were Jean Ragnotti at Monte, Bernard Darniche & J-P Nicolas at Swedish and J-F Piot at Morocco part of the works Alpine-Renault team, or were their Renault 12 Gordinis entered privately?

2. Bjorn Waldegard at Swedish with VW- was it a works entry or not?

3. Bob Neyret with Citroen DS23 at Morocco, works entry or not?

4. Peugeot team at Morocco (Makinen, Mikkola, Fall, Consten) and at Safari (Andersson), works entries or not?

Thank you.

Andersson in Safari'73 was enetered by Marshalls (EA)Ltd. One year later other famous Peugeot drivers described as "works" drivers were entered by Marshalls. It looks it was "works" entry done under name of East African importer. Different times different habits.
Regards
Janusz

Kaps
7th December 2006, 23:34
So, you think it can be considered as a works entry?

Something like with Team Datsun Europe entered as D.T. Dobie at 1979 Safari, or as N. I. Theocharakis at 1979 Acropolis?

Thanks for the reply, any ideas on other questions?

kabouter
8th December 2006, 08:43
Yes, those all really qualify as works entries in my opinion.

Kaps
8th December 2006, 10:34
Ok, thanks, those were my feelings also.

BTW Tjeerd what's with your site? I maybe have something for you, but I'd like to check it there first.

kabouter
8th December 2006, 10:37
BTW Tjeerd what's with your site? I maybe have something for you, but I'd like to check it there first.

No idea, I sent an e-mail to ask what's going on - I hope it won't take long. I'd like to add the full result of Wales Rally GB today. :s

jrally
8th December 2006, 11:01
His first rally car was a VW Golf MKI with 70hp in our "economy" class. And yes, he's born in Östersund. :)

Thank You very much, cal !

Best regards
jorge

jrally
8th December 2006, 11:10
In the 1995 RAC there was the following crew: #50 David Thompson / John Davenport. Are these the David Thompson who was a regular competitor in the 1970s (http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type=profile&driverid=12205) and the famous codriver John Davenport, later team manager?

John Davenport for sure ! David Thompson I have to check !

Best regards
jorge

jrally
8th December 2006, 12:17
Some questions that have no answer for many,many time !

Reason of retirements of

Ingvar Carlsson - 1000 Lakes 1983
Bjorn Johansson - Sweden 1977
Toshihiro Arai - Australia 1998
Janne Tuohino - Finland 1996
Kyosti Hamalainen - 1000 Lakes 1973
Antony Warmbold - Portugal and Acropolis 2001
Mikael Sundstrom - 1000 Lakes 1979

Any help ?

Thanks
jorge

Donney
8th December 2006, 15:44
According to this website (http://www.mrtrally.com.au/team/mrtwrx.htm) Toshio Arai suffered engine failure on SS8

jrally
8th December 2006, 21:25
THANKS Donney !

You've saved my day !

Best regards
jorge

Donney
9th December 2006, 08:59
Why thank you Jorge!

Donney
9th December 2006, 09:01
And if you go here (http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/34%C2%BA_TAP_Rallye_de_Portugal#Abandonos) you'll find Warmbold had a mechanical failure in his Toyota.

jrally
9th December 2006, 11:45
And if you go here (http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/34%C2%BA_TAP_Rallye_de_Portugal#Abandonos) you'll find Warmbold had a mechanical failure in his Toyota.

Well, Donney, 'mechanic failure' is not a valid reason for me, it's got to be specific.

Regards
jorge

Mr_xl_Lancia_lx_
9th December 2006, 13:54
I am almost clinically depressed that the Safari Rally is not in the WRC anymore. and if it ever becomes included again it should in no way be compact like all the other rallies because then it wouldn't be half the adventure it's supposed to be.

jrally
9th December 2006, 14:13
I'm affraid so, Mr_xl_Lancia_lx.

But,nevertheless, rallyes are not anymore what they used to be, aren't they ?

Regards
jorge

januszsz
9th December 2006, 16:17
Anybody knows consecutive numbers of following WRC 2007 events:
Rally Norway
Rally de Portugal
Rally Ireland
as well as the Rally Russia (IRC 2007 event).
Regards
Janusz

jrally
9th December 2006, 16:22
number of edition ?

jrally
9th December 2006, 16:57
Someone knows the reasons of retirement of :

Raphael Sperrer - Sanremo 87, RAC 2001
Andreas Aigner - Turkey 2005
Achim Mortl - Sanremo 2001

Thanks
jorge

kabouter
9th December 2006, 17:42

If you look closely (or even just glance over it, really) at the page you can see it is just the result from RallyBase copied and translated into Portuguese. I've already requested in English on the Wikipedia Talk page of the person responsible for the copying to remove the pages from Wikipedia as it is a clear violation of copyright. Apparently nothing has been done yet. Is there a Portuguese member with some experience of Wikipedia who can help me follow the formal procedure for removing pages because of copyright violations - I had some trouble with the FAQ about this on the Portuguese version of Wikipedia (my Portuguese isn't that good...).

Oh, and some good news, RallyBase.nl is up again :)

kabouter
9th December 2006, 17:45
Anybody knows consecutive numbers of following WRC 2007 events:
Rally Norway
Rally de Portugal
Rally Ireland
as well as the Rally Russia (IRC 2007 event).
Regards
Janusz

Portugal has been held every year since it was left out of the WRC, so that should be the 40th edition next year.

Rally Ireland was held for the second time this year, so 2007 will be third edition.

For Norway I'm not sure if the rally should be considered a continuation of the Finnskog Rally Norway or not.

januszsz
9th December 2006, 17:49
number of edition ?
Yes, Jorge. Number of edition.
Regards
Janusz

januszsz
9th December 2006, 17:57
Portugal has been held every year since it was left out of the WRC, so that should be the 40th edition next year.

Rally Ireland was held for the second time this year, so 2007 will be third edition.

For Norway I'm not sure if the rally should be considered a continuation of the Finnskog Rally Norway or not.
Thank you Tjeerd. I was not sure about Portugal and I didn't know if organizers try to continue old traditions of Circuit of Ireland as well as Finnskog. Same situation concerns Rally Russia. It's possible it continues tradition of Vyborg Rally.
Regards
Janusz

kabouter
9th December 2006, 18:01
Rally Ireland started off as a new event in 2005 - no reference then to Circuit of Ireland. I think Rally Russia will be a continuation of Vyborg - but maybe one of the Russian members can confirm that if any of them hops over from the European forum. I think Jorge can confirm or deny my statement on Portugal :)

jrally
9th December 2006, 18:17
If you look closely (or even just glance over it, really) at the page you can see it is just the result from RallyBase copied and translated into Portuguese. I've already requested in English on the Wikipedia Talk page of the person responsible for the copying to remove the pages from Wikipedia as it is a clear violation of copyright. Apparently nothing has been done yet. Is there a Portuguese member with some experience of Wikipedia who can help me follow the formal procedure for removing pages because of copyright violations - I had some trouble with the FAQ about this on the Portuguese version of Wikipedia (my Portuguese isn't that good...).

"Nunca copie para a Wikipédia material de outras fontes
Excepto se se tratar de material comprovadamente no domínio público ou se tiver a autorização expressa do autor, nunca copie para a Wikipédia material de outras fontes. O motivo é simples: os direitos de autor estão defendidos por legislação adoptada por todos os países, e se um autor se sentir lesado pode processar a Wikipédia, o que pode provocar danos muito sérios ao projecto.

Note no entanto que o que está protegido por direitos de autor é a expressão artística ou formal da informação e não a própria informação. O que isto significa é que você pode utilizar a informação obtida de fontes exteriores desde que a expresse pelas suas palavras. Ou seja: não pode copiar os textos, mas pode reutilizar a informação neles contida."

Here a text I've found on Wikipédia. It says more or less this :

'Never copy for Wikipédia material of other sources except if it's material of public domain or if you have the authorization of the author. The motiv is simpe : copyright are protected by legislation adopted by all countries and if the author feels 'hungry' (not that word) he could process Wikipédia wich can bring to this project serious problems.

Anyway what is protected by copyright laws is the artistic expression or formal of the information and not the information itself. What this means is that you could use the information obtained in other sources once you express it by your own words. Which means : you cannot copy the texts but you could re-use the informations that are in it "

Sorry for the translation ...

Regards
jorge

jrally
9th December 2006, 18:22
Rally Ireland started off as a new event in 2005 - no reference then to Circuit of Ireland. I think Rally Russia will be a continuation of Vyborg - but maybe one of the Russian members can confirm that if any of them hops over from the European forum. I think Jorge can confirm or deny my statement on Portugal :)

41th edition next year !

Regards
jorge

Donney
11th December 2006, 15:09

:confused: I had no idea, sorry! I just found it googling.

Giorgio
11th December 2006, 16:17
Someone knows the results (first 3)

31 gennaio 1981 - Rally Kalkberg
20 febbraio 1981 - Sachs Winter Rally
6 marzo 1981 - Rally Westfalen Lippenfarht
14 marzo 1981 - Sachs Rally Unterfranken
21 marzo 1981 - Rally Hinterland
11 aprile 1981 - Rally Lahn
25 aprile 1981 - Vogelsberg "Jubiläums" Rally
1 maggio 1981 - Lubeck Rally
9 maggio 1981 - Rally Ulm
23 maggio 1981 - Rally Schinderhannes
6 giugno 1981 - Rally Wolfsburg - Berlin
26 giugno 1981 - Valvoline Rheinland-Pfalz Rally
19 settembre 1981 - Rally Rheinland
19 settembre 1981 - Welfen Rally
26 settembre 1981 - Kurhessen-Kassel Rally
3 ottobre 1981 - Rally Stuttgart
3 ottobre 1981 - Neustadt Rally
10 ottobre 1981 - Rally Wiehengebirge
22 ottobre 1981 - Inn-Chiemgau Rally
24 ottobre 1981 - Rally "Kohle und Stahl"
7 novembre 1981 - Rally Köln - Ahrweiler

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

Infiniti
11th December 2006, 20:45
Someone knows the results (first 3)

31 gennaio 1981 - Rally Kalkberg
14 marzo 1981 - Sachs Rally Unterfranken
21 marzo 1981 - Rally Hinterland
11 aprile 1981 - Rally Lahn
25 aprile 1981 - Vogelsberg "Jubiläums" Rally
1 maggio 1981 - Lubeck Rally
9 maggio 1981 - Rally Ulm
23 maggio 1981 - Rally Schinderhannes
6 giugno 1981 - Rally Wolfsburg - Berlin
26 giugno 1981 - Valvoline Rheinland-Pfalz Rally
19 settembre 1981 - Rally Rheinland
19 settembre 1981 - Welfen Rally
3 ottobre 1981 - Rally Stuttgart
3 ottobre 1981 - Neustadt Rally
22 ottobre 1981 - Inn-Chiemgau Rally
24 ottobre 1981 - Rally "Kohle und Stahl"
7 novembre 1981 - Rally Köln - Ahrweiler

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

Int. Sachs Winter Rally 22-22 February
1 Sepp Haider – Jörg Pattermann Opel Ascona 400
2 Klaus Fritzinger – Hennig Wünsch Toyota Celica
3 Alfons Stock – Paul Schmuck Volkswagen Golf GTI
Regards,

Piet

jrally
12th December 2006, 13:54

Thanks
jorge

Giorgio
12th December 2006, 18:58
Very Thanks, Piet!

Giorgio

Giorgio
12th December 2006, 20:05
Someone knows the exact name in german langage for the national german rally championship and the exact name in german langage for the national austrian rally championship ?

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

jrally
12th December 2006, 21:22
DRM - Deutschland Rally Meisterschaft (I hope I have spelled it correctely)

regards
jorge

kabouter
13th December 2006, 08:51
I think the name might have changed over the years, but DRM stands for Deutsche Rallye Meisterschaft. In Austria the championship is usually shortened to ÖM which stands for Österreichische Meisterschaft.

januszsz
13th December 2006, 12:28

Thanks
jorge
Are you sure Jorge that Sperrer took part in RAC 2001? I think I have all finishers and all starters and there is no trace of Sperrer.
I can't help other questions as I haven't any data on Sperrer and Aigner and just only "mechanical" reason for Mörtl.

jrally
13th December 2006, 13:59
Are you sure Jorge that Sperrer took part in RAC 2001? I think I have all finishers and all starters and there is no trace of Sperrer.
I can't help other questions as I haven't any data on Sperrer and Aigner and just only "mechanical" reason for Mörtl.

Hi Janusz,
I don't know if he had started but was on the entry list with nº 76.

Regards
jorge

kabouter
13th December 2006, 15:28
I don't have Sperrer in my results either. He wasn't classified on the opening superspecial for sure:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011206031834/http://www.worldrallynews.com/events/gb_01/cls01gb.shtml

I found the following posted on a Hungarian forum, but I don't know any Hungarian :s

76. Sperrer-Carlsson / Peugeot 306 S16 (N3)
Ezt nem hiszem el!
Géef ha ezt látnád!

dario
13th December 2006, 17:45
[quote="kabouter"]I don't have Sperrer in my results either. He wasn't classified on the opening superspecial for sure:

J have nothing about Sperrer , but Aigner ( 2005 Turkey ) went out of the road, accident.
Regards
Dario

Giorgio
13th December 2006, 19:45
Very thanks Jorge and Tjeerd !

Best regards

Giorgio

jrally
13th December 2006, 20:47
I don't have Sperrer in my results either. He wasn't classified on the opening superspecial for sure:

J have nothing about Sperrer , but Aigner ( 2005 Turkey ) went out of the road, accident.
Regards
Dario

Thanks Dario, Tjeerd and Janusz !
We wait until a Hungarian come to help to translate what that means !

Regards
jorge

Kaps
13th December 2006, 21:55
Ok, few questions about 1974 season:

1. Giulio Bisulli - Francesco Rossetti, Fiat 124 Abarth, finished 2nd at San Remo, were they part of Fiat's factory team or not?

2. Walter Boyce - Stuart Gray, Toyota Celica at Rideau Lakes Rallye and Toyota Corolla at Press on Regardless Rally, entered as privateer or Toyota factory team?

3.Tony Fall - Robin Turvey, Opel Ascona, at Portugal, entered by Opel Euro Handler Team or as privateer?

4. Alfredo Fagnola - Elvio Novarese, Opel Ascona at San Remo, privateers or not?

Does anybody have a clue about this?

Thanks!

jrally
13th December 2006, 22:13
Ok, few questions about 1974 season:

1. Giulio Bisulli - Francesco Rossetti, Fiat 124 Abarth, finished 2nd at San Remo, were they part of Fiat's factory team or not?

Official team

2. Walter Boyce - Stuart Gray, Toyota Celica at Rideau Lakes Rallye and Toyota Corolla at Press on Regardless Rally, entered as privateer or Toyota factory team?

privateer

3.Tony Fall - Robin Turvey, Opel Ascona, at Portugal, entered by Opel Euro Handler Team or as privateer?

Entered by Cinegra/VIP - privateer

4. Alfredo Fagnola - Elvio Novarese, Opel Ascona at San Remo, privateers or not?

Yes

Does anybody have a clue about this?

Thanks!

Regards
jorge

Kaps
13th December 2006, 23:47
Hey, thanks a million jorge! :up:

Kaps
14th December 2006, 01:29
Another one on 1974 WRC.

Does anyone know number of competitive sections on EastAfrican Safari and number of stages at San Remo & Press on Regaardless?

Thanks!

jrally
14th December 2006, 11:32
http://www.rallybase.nl

Kaps
14th December 2006, 13:10
There's nothing on rallybase about that, (nor at jonkka's) otherwise I wouldn't be asking this here.

Kaps
14th December 2006, 13:36
Final question for 1974, where were the start & finish for Portugal that year?

jrally
14th December 2006, 14:00
Final question for 1974, where were the start & finish for Portugal that year?

Sorry Kaps ! I have seen in 1973 !

So, here what I have !

Portugal - start and finnish - Lisbon

Sanremo - 39 stages
POR - 51 stages of which 16 has been cancelled

Safari - no information (for the moment !)

regards
jorge

jrally
14th December 2006, 14:01
Safari 74 : 65

Regards
jorge

jrally
14th December 2006, 14:04
Kaps, once you are from Croatia I would like to ask You this :

Do You know place and date of birth, year of first rally and first car they drove of :

Nico Pulic
Boris Popovic
Zarko Sapetavc
Vicentije Savic

Thanks in advance
Best regards
jorge

Kaps
14th December 2006, 16:38
Thanks jorge!

As for your question, no I don't know, but will try to look it up tommorow, since I got to go to work now.

However, that Vincentije Savic guy I've never heard of! Are you sure he's Croatian?

jrally
14th December 2006, 21:23
Hi Kaps,
I know he was from Yugoslavia but with the creation of the new states in the Balcans maybe he could be Croatian ...

regards
jorge

ReWind
14th December 2006, 21:31
Do You know place and date of birth, year of first rally and first car they drove of :
Nico PulicIf you google for Niko (not Nico) Pulic you get lots of hits.
His own website is here: http://www.nikopulic.com/index.html
Born in Dubrovnik on 12 July 1963.

jrally
14th December 2006, 22:37
Thank You very much, Reinhard !

Regards
jorge

Giorgio
15th December 2006, 19:59
Someone knows the results (first 3) ?

9 febbraio 1980 - Taunus Rally Wiesbaden
22 febbraio 1980 - Sachs Winter Rally
8 marzo 1980 - Wiking Rally
15 marzo 1980 - Rally Schinderhannes
15 marzo 1980 - Sachs Rally Unterfranken
20 marzo 1980 - Pneumant Rally
30 marzo 1980 - 27° Trifels Rally
26 aprile 1980 - Wittekind Rally
3 maggio 1980 - Kurhessen Rally
16 maggio 1980 - Metz Rally
17 maggio 1980 - Lubeck Rally
23 maggio 1980 - Rally Wolsfburg - Berlin
5 giugno 1980 - ADAC Rally Hessen
8 giugno 1980 - Hunsruck Rally
21 giugno 1980 - Valvoline Rheinhessen Rally
5 luglio 1980 - Rally Vorderpfalz
4 settembre 1980 - Sachs Rally Baltic
6 settembre 1980 - Reichstadt Rally Esslingen
13 settembre 1980 - Rally Rheinland
20 settembre 1980 - Welfen Rally
4 ottobre 1980 - Neustadt Rally
11 ottobre 1980 - Rally Wiehengebirge
18 ottobre 1980 - Rally Kohle und Stahl
24 ottobre 1980 - Rally 3 Stadte
8 novembre 1980 - Rally Köln - Ahrweiler

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

Kaps
15th December 2006, 21:06
Kaps, once you are from Croatia I would like to ask You this :

Nico Pulic
Boris Popovic
Zarko Sapetavc
Vicentije Savic

Thanks in advance
Best regards
jorge

Hi jorge
I've spent whole afternoon googling, but couldn't find much.
Here's what I did find:
Niko Pulić, Croatian, DOB: 12. July 1963 in Dubrovnik, first rally (racing?) car Zastava 750S
Boris Popovič, Slovenian, DOB: 5. September 1962 in Koper, Slovenia, , couldn't find anything else except that he was 1999 Slovenian rally champ, and is mayor of his native town, Koper, since 2002.
Žarko Šepetavc, although he is Croatian, only thing I could find is that he was 1987 Yugoslav Rally champ, and 1992 Croatian champion in circuit racing, hill-climb and rally.
That other guy's probably Serbian, don't know anything about him.

Well, thats that then, sorry I couldn't really help you.

elvis
16th December 2006, 10:45
Hi everybody !

someone knows some missing driver or codriver name about this events : rallye charlemagne 1995 (round of ECA cup , with teams from belgium , netherlands , germany , ... so many are unknow for me :confused: )

12th - VAN CAMP Rudolf - TRITSMANS - Opel Calibra 16v - A7
15th - KRANENBURG Ernst - VUS - Renault Clio Williams - N3
18th - BAVELAAR - VAN DER LIST - Renault Clio Williams - N3
27th - NIELSEN Hans - JENSEN - Toyota Corolla GT - A6
28th - VAN DEN BRINK Henk - x - Renault Clio 16s - N3
32th - VAN DER VLYS N - x - Renault Clio 16s - N3
34th - THOMAS Richard - CHAPMAN - Ford Escort RS 2000 - A7
35th - COTTREL D - x - Subaru Legacy - N4
36th - KUITERT F - x - Renault Clio Williams - N3
38th - BAUSCH G - x - Nissan Sunny GTI-R - N4
41th - MOLLE Laurent - x- Nissan Sunny GTI-R - N4
47th - DORSCH M - HILL - Mazda 323 GTR - A8

thanks a lot :)

Juha
16th December 2006, 16:18
12th - VAN CAMP Rudolf - TRITSMANS Freddy - Opel Calibra 16v - A7
18th - BAVELAAR Manfred - VAN DER LIST - Renault Clio Williams - N3

jrally
16th December 2006, 17:30
Hi jorge
Here's what I did find:
Niko Pulić, Croatian, DOB: 12. July 1963 in Dubrovnik, first rally (racing?) car Zastava 750S
Boris Popovič, Slovenian, DOB: 5. September 1962 in Koper, Slovenia, , couldn't find anything else except that he was 1999 Slovenian rally champ, and is mayor of his native town, Koper, since 2002.
Žarko Šepetavc, although he is Croatian, only thing I could find is that he was 1987 Yugoslav Rally champ, and 1992 Croatian champion in circuit racing, hill-climb and rally.

Thanks a lot, Kaps !

regards
jorge

jrally
16th December 2006, 19:04
Hi everybody !

someone knows some missing driver or codriver name about this events : rallye charlemagne 1995 (round of ECA cup , with teams from belgium , netherlands , germany , ... so many are unknow for me :confused: )

12th - Rudolf VAN CAMP - Freddy TRITSMANS - Opel Calibra 16v - A7
15th - Ernst KRANENBURG - Hans Jurgen VUGS - Renault Clio Williams - N3
18th - Manfred BAVELAAR - Richard VAN DER LIST - Renault Clio Williams - N3
32th - Nico VAN DER VLYS - Gaby STET - Renault Clio 16s - N3
36th - Frank KUITERT - Bart KUITERT - Renault Clio Williams - N3
38th - Guy BAUSCH - Marc JACOBS - Nissan Sunny GTI-R - N4

27th - Hans NIELSEN - Viktor (?) JENSEN - Toyota Corolla GT - A6
28th - Henk VAN DEN BRINK - Werner (?) de Klerk - Renault Clio 16s - N3
34th - THOMAS Richard - CHAPMAN - Ford Escort RS 2000 - A7
35th - David COTTREL - Brian (?) BARKER - Subaru Legacy - N4
41th - MOLLE Laurent - Defer - Nissan Sunny GTI-R - N4
47th - DORSCH M - HILL - Mazda 323 GTR - A8

thanks a lot :)

Here what I was able to find
Regards
jorge

matSLO
16th December 2006, 21:03
Hi jorge
Here's what I did find:

Boris Popovic was slovenian rally champion in 1999 (subaru impreza 555 gr. A), his first rally was rally Saturnus 1996 (ford escort RS cosw. gr. N)-he finished second or first in class. O have to check for birthdate.
Vicentije Savić is Serbian and he was driving rally in seventies&eighties, with zastava 750 (and later with 850 version-this car was yugoslav version of fiat 500). He was almost unbeatable in his class (A/850cc). Soon I find more I wil tell you. If anyone needs some results of slovenian ERC event rally Saturnus let me know...

Benne
16th December 2006, 22:55
Someone knows the results (first 3) ?

9 febbraio 1980 - Taunus Rally Wiesbaden
22 febbraio 1980 - Sachs Winter Rally
8 marzo 1980 - Wiking Rally
15 marzo 1980 - Rally Schinderhannes
15 marzo 1980 - Sachs Rally Unterfranken
20 marzo 1980 - Pneumant Rally
30 marzo 1980 - 27° Trifels Rally
26 aprile 1980 - Wittekind Rally
3 maggio 1980 - Kurhessen Rally
16 maggio 1980 - Metz Rally
17 maggio 1980 - Lubeck Rally
23 maggio 1980 - Rally Wolsfburg - Berlin
5 giugno 1980 - ADAC Rally Hessen
8 giugno 1980 - Hunsruck Rally
21 giugno 1980 - Valvoline Rheinhessen Rally
5 luglio 1980 - Rally Vorderpfalz
4 settembre 1980 - Sachs Rally Baltic
6 settembre 1980 - Reichstadt Rally Esslingen
13 settembre 1980 - Rally Rheinland
20 settembre 1980 - Welfen Rally
4 ottobre 1980 - Neustadt Rally
11 ottobre 1980 - Rally Wiehengebirge
18 ottobre 1980 - Rally Kohle und Stahl
24 ottobre 1980 - Rally 3 Stadte
8 novembre 1980 - Rally Köln - Ahrweiler

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

Sachs Winter Rally
1. Warmbold/inhester, Toyota Celica GT 2000
2. Strömberg/Diekmann, Saab Turbo
3. Demuth Fischer, Audi 80 GLE

Trifels-rally
1. Röhrl/Geistdörfer, Fiat 131 Abarth
2. Warmbold/Inhester, Toyota Celica GT 2000
3. Fritzinger/Wünsch, Toyota Celica

Hessen
2. Hainbach/Hohenadel, Opel Ascona 400
3. Warmbold/Inhester, Toyota Celica GT 2000

Vorderpfalz
1. Haider/Pattermann, Opel Ascona 400
3. Soltwedel/Blume, Ford Escort BDA

Wolfsburg-Berlin
1. Hainbach/Hohenadel, Opel Ascona 400
3. Bohne/Ahrens, Daimler-Benz 450 SLC

Rheinland-Pfalz 20-21/6
3. Hainbach/Hohenadel, Opel Ascona 400

Sachs-Baltic
1. Warmbold/Inhester, Toyota Celica GT 2000
2. Kleint/Wanger, Ford Escort
3. Hainbach/Hohenadel, Opel Ascona 400

Hunsrûck
3. Warmbold/Inhester, Toyota Celica GT 2000

Juha
16th December 2006, 22:57
9 february 1980 - Taunus Rally Wiesbaden
1. Altenheimer / Henneken - Porsche 911

22-23 february 1980 - Sachs Winter Rally
1. Warmbold / Inhester - Toyota Celica 2.48.24
2. Stromberg / Diekman - Saab 99 turbo 2.50.52
3. Demuth / Fischer - Audi 80 2.51.57
4. Bohne / Ahrens - Mercedes-Benz 280CE 2.51.19
5. Smolej / Oschner - Audi 80 2.52.18

8-9 march1980 - Wiking Rally
1. Petersen / Bockelmann - Ford Escort RS

20 march 1980 - Pneumant Rally
1. Blahna / Schovanek - Skoda 130RS

30 march 1980 - 27° Trifels Rally
1. Rohrl / Geistdorfer - Fiat Abarth 131

26 april 1980 - Wittekind Rally
1. Lauberg / Junge - Ford Escort RS

3 may 1980 - Kurhessen Rally
1. Schwarz / Drobe - Ford Escort RS

16-17 may 1980 - Metz Rally
1. Hainbach / Hohenadel - Ascona 400

17-18 may 1980 - Lubeck Rally
1. Glad / Andreasen - Opel Ascona

23-25 may 1980 - Rally Wolsfburg - Berlin
1. Hainbach / Hohenadel - Ascona 400

6-7 june 1980 - ADAC Rally Hessen
1. Rohrl / Geistdorfer - Fiat Abarth 131 16169
2. Hainbach / Hohenadel - Ascona 400 16725
3. Warmbold / Inhester - Toyota Celica 16790
4. Demuth / Fischer - Audi 80 17096
5. Bohne / Ahrens - Mercedes-Benz 280CE 17096

8-10 august 1980 - Hunsruck
1. Rohrl / Gheistdorfer - Fiat Abarth 131
2. Hainbach / Hohenadel - Ascona 400
3. Warmbold / Inhester - Toyota Celica
4. Eklund / Sylvan - Golf GTI
5. Therier / Vial - Golf GTI

5-7 september 1980 - Sachs Rally Baltic
1. Warmbold / Inhester - Toyota Celica
2. Kleint / Wagner - Ford Escort RS
3. Hainbach / Hohenadel - Ascona 400
4. Bohne / Ahens - Mercedes-Benz 500SLC
5. Smolej / Oschner - Audi 80

20 september 1980 - Welfen Rally
1. Hansen / Rasmussen - Opel Ascona

4 october 1980 - Neustadt Rally
1. Petersen / Bockelmann - Ford Escort RS

11-12 october 1980 - Rally Wiehengebirge
1. Laubjerg / Junge - Vauxhall Chevette 2300HS

24-26 october 1980 - Rally 3 Stadte
1. Freisler / Scholz - Porsche 911

8-9 november 1980 - Rally Köln - Ahrweiler
1. Carlsson / Fabisch - Ford Escort RS

Juha
16th December 2006, 22:58
Ow sh..., we should co-ordinate these things in the future. :D

Benne
16th December 2006, 23:14
how about 1981 Juha :D

Juha
16th December 2006, 23:41
You can do that, I have nothing for that year. ;)

jrally
17th December 2006, 00:13
Boris Popovic was slovenian rally champion in 1999 (subaru impreza 555 gr. A), his first rally was rally Saturnus 1996 (ford escort RS cosw. gr. N)-he finished second or first in class. O have to check for birthdate.
Vicentije Savić is Serbian and he was driving rally in seventies&eighties, with zastava 750 (and later with 850 version-this car was yugoslav version of fiat 500). He was almost unbeatable in his class (A/850cc). Soon I find more I wil tell you. If anyone needs some results of slovenian ERC event rally Saturnus let me know...

Thank You very much, matSLO, and welcome !

Just one question ! According to Kaps Popovic was born in 1962. You've said his first rally was in 96 so he was 34 years old when he started. Is that correct ?

Regards
jorge

elvis
17th December 2006, 08:45
thank you very much juha and jorge ! ;)

Giorgio
17th December 2006, 09:49
Very thanks, Benne and Juha !

Giorgio

dario
17th December 2006, 11:16
Someone knows the results ( top 10 or more ) of Donau Rally 1970 ?
Thanks in advance
Dario

Kaps
17th December 2006, 22:36
Thank You very much, matSLO, and welcome !

Just one question ! According to Kaps Popovic was born in 1962. You've said his first rally was in 96 so he was 34 years old when he started. Is that correct ?

Regards
jorge

Hi jorge

I found Popovic's DOB on a site of a town (Koper) he's a mayor of, in his CV, so I reckon they can be trusted.
About his 1st rally, I don't know...sorry!

Benne
17th December 2006, 23:34
1. Haider/Pattermann, Opel Ascona 400
2. Fritzinger/Wünsch, Toyota Celica
3. Stock/Schmuck, VW Golf

1. Hansen/Christiansen, Opel Ascona

1. Jensen/Syberg, Opel Kadett

1. Hansen/Krämer, Opel Ascona

Giorgio
18th December 2006, 13:13
Thank You very much, Benne !

Giorgio

elvis
18th December 2006, 14:29
a question not directly about rally history .... but who could help me about my search ....

does anybody buy french magazine "échappement" in the forum ? if yes , have they the result for french local event inside (rallyes régionaux et nationaux) ?

thanks a lot.

Infiniti
18th December 2006, 21:02
Someone knows the results ( top 10 or more ) of Donau Rally 1970 ?
Thanks in advance
Dario

ERC 12 – 7. Donau Rally

1 Günther Janger – Wessiak Porsche 911s
2 Schindler – Hruschka Porsche 914/6
3 Hollier – Phil Short Alpine Renault
4 Bosch – Mallat Volkswagen Beetle 1500
5 Fischer – Rader Volkswagen Beetle 1500
6 Lux – Hans Siebert Volkswagen Beetle 1500
7 Walter Poltinger – Hartinger Porsche 914/6
8 Maire-Kaibic – Pucher Ford Escort TC
9 Achim Warmbold – Klapproth Opel Kadett
10 Atilla Ferjancz – Zsembery Renault R8 Gordini

Regards,

Piet

dario
18th December 2006, 21:19
ERC 12 – 7. Donau Rally

1 Günther Janger – Wessiak Porsche 911s
2 Schindler – Hruschka Porsche 914/6
3 Hollier – Phil Short Alpine Renault

Piet

Thanks very much Piet
Best regards
Dario

jrally
18th December 2006, 22:31
a question not directly about rally history .... but who could help me about my search ....

does anybody buy french magazine "échappement" in the forum ? if yes , have they the result for french local event inside (rallyes régionaux et nationaux) ?

thanks a lot.

It depends !!!!

Infiniti
20th December 2006, 10:29
Does anyone have the first ten finishers of the Circuit des Ardennes and the Tour de Belgique 1974?

regards,
Piet

jrally
20th December 2006, 13:53
Piet and to all the others

When you ask those kind of informations, please, specify dates. It's good the limit the search in magazines.

Regards
jorge

Giorgio
20th December 2006, 20:11
If someone is interested....

Rallye Monte Carlo - 21/01/1972 - Final results

1. Sandro Munari - Mario Mannucci (Lancia Fulvia HF 1600)
2. Gérard Larrousse - Jean-Claude Perramond (Porsche 911 S)
3. Rauno Aaltonen - Jean Todt (Datsun 240 Z)
4. Simo Lampinen - Solve Andreasson (Lancia Fulvia HF 1600)
5. Jean-François Piot - Jim Porter (Ford Escort RS 1600)
6. Sergio Barbasio - Piero Sodano (Lancia Fulvia HF 1600)
7. Robert Neyret - Jacques Terramorsi (Renault Alpine A110 1600)
8. Raffaele Pinto - Helmut Eisendle (Fiat 124 Sport Spider 1600)
9. Jean Ragnotti - Pierre Thimonier (Opel Ascona 1900)
10. Pat Moss Carlsson - L. Crellin (Renault Alpine A110 1600)
11. Jacques Henry - Gérard di Nicola (Renault Alpine A110 1600)
12. "Beaumont" - "Biche" (Opel Ascona 1900)
13. Claude Haldi - Paul Keller (Porsche 911 S)
14. Claude Ballot-Lena - Jean Claude Morenas (BMW 2002 TI)
15. Nicolas Koob - Albert Demuth Muller (BMW 2002)
16. Bernard Fiorentino - Maurice Gelin (Simca 1100 S)
17. "Il Pilota" (Leo Pittoni) - Alberto Brambilla (Porsche 911 S)
18. Claude Laurent - Jacques Marche (Daf 55)
19. Francisco Romaozinho - Heitor Morais (Citroen DS 21)
20. Klaus Miersh - Jens Loewenhardt (Opel Ascona 1900)
21. Patrick Lier - Jean-Pierre Frattini (Fiat 128 Rally)
22. W. Luybregis - K. Luybregis (Daf 55)
23. Friedhelm Gaupp - Ulrich Fuchs (Opel Kadett LS)
24. Robert Mucha - Lech Jaworowicz (Polski Fiat)
25. Bernard Darniche - Alain Mahé (Renault Alpine A110 1600)
26. Jean-Claude Andruet - Pierre Pagani (Renault Alpine A110 1600)
27. Guy Chasseuil - Christian Baron (Renault Alpine A110 1600)
28. Ove Andersson - John Davenport (Renault Alpine A110 1600)
29. Tony Fall - Mike Wood (Datsun 240 Z)
30. Anders Sigurdson - Ingvar Strom (Saab V4)
31. Timo Makinen - Henry Liddon (Ford Escort RS 1600)
32. Adam Smorawinski - R. Zyskowski (BMW 2002 TI)
33. Jean-Pierre Nicolas - Giy Vial (Renault Alpine A110 1600)
34. Alcide Paganelli - Domenico Russo (Fiat 124 Sport Spider 1600)

Source: Annuario CSAI 1972

kabouter
20th December 2006, 20:50
Matches with my result (http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type=result&rallyid=600) - apart from the spelling mistakes in the CSAI result and the first name of Nicolas's codriver. Wasn't it Michel Vial then?

jrally
20th December 2006, 22:40
Guy Michel Vial is his real name !

Regards
jorge

Giorgio
21st December 2006, 11:49
Matches with my result (http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type=result&rallyid=600) - apart from the spelling mistakes in the CSAI result and the first name of Nicolas's codriver. Wasn't it Michel Vial then?

"Giy Vial" my error... confirm "Guy Michel Vial"

Best regards

Giorgio

elvis
21st December 2006, 13:09
It depends !!!!

ok , so i have to be lucky ..... :\

i start by the most recent result i search , i would like to find final classification of rallye charlemagne 1997 , from 47th to 62th (last driver classifed). for memory : benoit rousselot won this event. podium was completed by jens mulvad and jorgen nielsen.

thanks a lot

kabouter
21st December 2006, 16:15
Thanks for clearing up the Guy Michel Vial case, Jorge and Giorgio.

jrally
22nd December 2006, 10:59
Elvis, no time for now to do it. After Christmas, ok !

and...

to all a Happy Christmas !

Regards
jorge

elvis
22nd December 2006, 11:36
no problem jorge ! ;)

merry christmas to all motorsport forums ! i hope you have been nice during this year for to have your presents ! :p

Giorgio
22nd December 2006, 18:30
Buone Feste dall'Italia !

Giorgio

januszsz
22nd December 2006, 19:11
Wesołych Świąt Bożego Narodzenia i Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku 2007!

RiN
23rd December 2006, 15:26
God Jul til dere alle fra meg her i Norge !!

RiN

FAL
23rd December 2006, 20:27
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.....from UK

I an' I hopin' allyuh limin' in da islan', mon....from Antigua

kabouter
24th December 2006, 16:31
Prettige Kerstdagen en een gelukkig 2007!

Thanks to all contributors to the rally history topics in the past year - and I hope we can continue to help each other in the new year :)

dario
24th December 2006, 20:45
Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo !!!!
Dario

Juha
25th December 2006, 17:36
Prettige kerstdagen en gelukkig nieuwjaar!

Juha

Infiniti
26th December 2006, 21:20
Prettige Kerstdagen en een gelukkig Nieuwjaar.

Piet

elvis
27th December 2006, 16:10
Joyeuses fêtes et bonne année à tous ! :)

Kaps
27th December 2006, 21:20
I have some questions about 1975 WRC season;

1. Number of stages on Swedish Rally
2. Number of stages on Rally Acropolis
3. Number of stages on Rallye du Maroc, where did it start and finish
4. Number of stages on Rallye San Remo,date (01-04 Oct or 04-10 Oct?)
5. Number of stages on Tour de Corse

6. Rob Collinge-Rob Combes, Alpine Renault A110 and
Jack Simonian- Peter Huth, Renault 17 Gordini
Privateers or Alpine-Renault works cars on Safari Rally?

7.Hans Schuller-Dieter Steinmann, Datsun 260Z and
Mike Kirkland-Bruce Field, Datsun 260Z
Privateers or part of Datsun works team on Safari Rally?

8.Achim Warmbold-John Davenport, BMW 2002
Privateer or works entry at Rallye de Portugal?

9. Jacques Henry-Maurice Gelin, Alpine Renault A110
Privateer or part of Alpine-Renault works team at Monte & Tour de Corse?

10. Amilcare Ballestrieri-Mauro Mannini, Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT
Enrico Svizzero-Gianfranco Masetto, Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT
Privateers or part of Alfa works team (Entrant:Autodelta?) at Rallye San Remo?

Jean-Claude Andruet-Yves Jouanny, Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT
Privateers or part of Alfa works team at Tour de Corse?

That about covers it for 1975.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you!

Giorgio
28th December 2006, 13:16
I have:

Rallye San Remo,date (01-04 Oct. 1975)

Amilcare Ballestrieri-Mauro Mannini, Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT (Alfa works team)

Source: Rally Sanremo - Franco Bonadonna

Regards

Giorgio

Giorgio
28th December 2006, 13:18
Someone knows...

17 marzo 1950 - Rally des Neiges
???? Gurzeler - ???? Schmalz
???? Endrich - ???? Stoll
???? Bariswil - ???? Marchand

7 settembre 1950 - Rally d'Interlaken
Walter Ringgenberg - ???? Muller
???? Wyss - ???? Heusser

19 marzo 1953 - Rally des Neiges
???? Grandjean - ???? Luthi
???? Meroz - ???? Hunsperger

25 maggio 1956 - 25° Rally de Genève
???? Beyer - ???? Perrot
Bruno Martignoni - ???? Vanini

20 giugno 1957 - 26° Rally de Genève
???? Brugger - W.???? Tiefenthaler
???? Lier - ???? Wirz
???? Meyrat - ???? Meyer

11 giugno 1959 - Rally de Genève
Jean Jacques Thuner - ???? Bruno
???? Schligler - ???? Bovilleux
???? Egli - ???? Gurzeler

29 gennaio 1966 - Rally des Neiges
Willy Meier - ???? Bianchi
???? Savary - ???? Hess
???? Cuénoud - ???? Gret
???? Erard - ???? Vuillemin
???? Fatio - François Hoffman

18 giugno 1970 - Rally de Genève
J.???? L.???? Maurin - J.???? P.???? Mourrier

11 ottobre 1974 - Rally di Lugano
Carlo Bianchi - ???? Silva

10 ottobre 1975 - Rally di Lugano
???? Locher - ???? Krebs

18 marzo 1978 - Criterium Jurassien
Philippe Carron - D.???? Siggen
Jean Pierre Laederach - M.???? Wyder

25 febbraio 1979 - Rally des Neiges
André Savary - J.???? Bubloz
Bernard Chenevière - ???? Busset

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

Kaps
28th December 2006, 14:14
I have:

Rallye San Remo,date (01-04 Oct. 1975)

Amilcare Ballestrieri-Mauro Mannini, Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT (Alfa works team)

Source: Rally Sanremo - Franco Bonadonna

Regards

Giorgio

Thanks mate!

So, I reckon Svizzero-Masetto were privateers.

jrally
28th December 2006, 14:36
I have some questions about 1975 WRC season;

6. Rob Collinge-Rob Combes, Alpine Renault A110 and

That about covers it for 1975.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you!

I've returned so let's get to work !!!!

40 of wich 4 were cancelled

49 special stages

9 stages start and finnish in Casablanca

39 special stages 01-04 october

6. Rob Collinge-Rob Combes, Alpine Renault A110

Both works car. Entered by Alpine-Renault

Hans Schuller entered by D.T.Dobie, Ltd so a works car
Mike Kirkland entered privaterely

Entered by KWS Autoeknic so, a works car, I think !

privateer in Monte Carlo and Corsica

Ballestrieri works entry and Svizzero privateer !

works car

regards
jorge

januszsz
28th December 2006, 18:27
Someone knows...

11 giugno 1959 - Rally de Genève
Jean Jacques Thuner - ???? Bruno
FERNAND Schligler - ???? Bovilleux
???? Egli - ???? Gurzeler

18 marzo 1978 - Criterium Jurassien
Jean Pierre Laederach - MICHEL Wyder

25 febbraio 1979 - Rally des Neiges
André Savary - JO Bubloz

Just only those three names
Janusz

Kaps
28th December 2006, 21:22
Hey jorge, thanks a million man! You're priceless!

Just two more to finish off 1975;

1.So, at Safari Schuller-Steinmann in Datsun 260Z were entered by D.T. Dobie, and I suppose Harry Kallstrom-Sture Bostrom were also entered by D.T. Dobie, although in a Datsun 160J?
Also, these were the only two Datsun's works cars on Safari?

2. Bror Danielsson-Ulf Sundberg in Opel Ascona at Swedish, part of Opel Euro Handler team or privateers?

I reckon that would be all I need for 1975.

I just pray I reach 1982 as fast as I can, 'cos from then on, I hopefully wouldn't have to ask so many questions. :uhoh:

Giorgio
29th December 2006, 12:41
Very thanks, Janusz !

Giorgio

jrally
29th December 2006, 14:59
Just two more to finish off 1975;

1.So, at Safari Schuller-Steinmann in Datsun 260Z were entered by D.T. Dobie, and I suppose Harry Kallstrom-Sture Bostrom were also entered by D.T. Dobie, although in a Datsun 160J?
Also, these were the only two Datsun's works cars on Safari?

2. Bror Danielsson-Ulf Sundberg in Opel Ascona at Swedish, part of Opel Euro Handler team or privateers?

I reckon that would be all I need for 1975.

I just pray I reach 1982 as fast as I can, 'cos from then on, I hopefully wouldn't have to ask so many questions. :uhoh:

D.T.Dobie entry also for Zully Remtulla and Danielsson entry by Dealer Opel Team Sweden.

Regards
jorge

jrally
29th December 2006, 15:22
ok , so i have to be lucky ..... :\

i start by the most recent result i search , i would like to find final classification of rallye charlemagne 1997 , from 47th to 62th (last driver classifed). for memory : benoit rousselot won this event. podium was completed by jens mulvad and jorgen nielsen.

thanks a lot

Hi Elvis, as promised here they are !

47-Legros-Wiard Renault Clio Williams (N3) + 17.26
48-Lerbut-Cannone (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N1) + 17.54
49-Thiriet-Thiriet (Ford Escort Cosworth) (F12) + 18.35
50-Cousin-Cousin (Peugeot 106 XSi) (A6) + 18.49
51-Howlett-Howlett (Peugeot 306 S16) (A7) + 19.05
52-Eaton-Taylor (Ford Escort Cosworth) (n4) + 19.44
53-Derhille-Suret (Opel manta) (F13) + 20.26
54-Bruyère-Bruyère (Peugeot 309 GTi) (N3) + 21.52
55-Coussin-Duthoit (BMW 325i) (FA8) + 23.16
56-Levéque-Bonnière (Renault 4) (F9) + 23.30
57-Lorette-Rousseau (Peugeot 205 GTi) (A6) + 24.07
58-Hanna-Lemonnier (Citroen Visa GTi) (FN2) + 24.15
59-Trinel-Morien (Peugeot 205 GTi) (F11) + 25.16
60-Schekenveld-Wortel (Toyota Starlet) (A5) + 25.44
61-Berkenbosch-Van der Zalm (Peugeot 205 GTi) (A7) + 27.09
62-Wallart-Leleu (R4) (F9) + 27.45

Regards
jorge

FAL
29th December 2006, 15:22
Not sure about Achim Warmbold entrant. Previously he (and Waldegard in 73 RAC) was entered as "BMW Motorsport Gmbh". Seem to recall he ran his own BMW operation at one time (before switching to Mazda?) so may not have been works by then?

jrally
29th December 2006, 15:26
Yes, FAL, in 1973 they entered by BMW Motorsport but in 1975 they didn't one official team so ... my doubts also about it.

Regards
jorge

Infiniti
29th December 2006, 20:56
Someone knows...

20 giugno 1957 - 26° Rally de Genève
???? Brugger - W.???? Tiefenthaler
???? Lier - ???? Wirz
???? Meyrat - ???? Meyer

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

Stefan Brugger
Patrick Lier
Fausto Meyrat

Kaps
30th December 2006, 00:13
Thanks again jorge!

As for Warmbold, I tried to google that KSW Autoeknic (or could it be Autoteknic?), but, either way, couldn't find anything.
I have serious doubts that it was not a works entry, but, as I said, couldn't find anything to confirm that.

Kaps
30th December 2006, 11:29
I know I said I'm finished with 1975, but I still need some confirmations:

L. Carlsson-B. de Jong, Opel Ascona at Monte Carlo, entered by Opel Euro Handler Team or ?

A. Kullang-C.G. Andersson, Opel Ascona, entered at Swedish by Opel Euro Handler Team or Dealer Team Opel Sweden, or something else?

Peugeots entered at Safari as Marshalls(EA)Ltd for O. Andersson, H. Mikkola & T. Makinen. Is this correct?

Peugeots entered at Rally du Maroc as Team Esso Peugeot for H. Mikkola, T. Makinen, B. Consten & P. Pagani. Is this correct?

elvis
30th December 2006, 11:30
Hi Elvis, as promised here they are !

47-Legros-Wiard Renault Clio Williams (N3) + 17.26
48-Lerbut-Cannone (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N1) + 17.54
49-Thiriet-Thiriet (Ford Escort Cosworth) (F12) + 18.35
50-Cousin-Cousin (Peugeot 106 XSi) (A6) + 18.49
51-Howlett-Howlett (Peugeot 306 S16) (A7) + 19.05
52-Eaton-Taylor (Ford Escort Cosworth) (n4) + 19.44
53-Derhille-Suret (Opel manta) (F13) + 20.26
54-Bruyère-Bruyère (Peugeot 309 GTi) (N3) + 21.52
55-Coussin-Duthoit (BMW 325i) (FA8) + 23.16
56-Levéque-Bonnière (Renault 4) (F9) + 23.30
57-Lorette-Rousseau (Peugeot 205 GTi) (A6) + 24.07
58-Hanna-Lemonnier (Citroen Visa GTi) (FN2) + 24.15
59-Trinel-Morien (Peugeot 205 GTi) (F11) + 25.16
60-Schekenveld-Wortel (Toyota Starlet) (A5) + 25.44
61-Berkenbosch-Van der Zalm (Peugeot 205 GTi) (A7) + 27.09
62-Wallart-Leleu (R4) (F9) + 27.45

Regards
jorge

excellent jorge ! thank you very much ! ;)

elvis
30th December 2006, 11:48
a quick question jorge .... before your informations i have Howlett/Howlett 33th ... the rest of the position looks good. so who are 33th in your classification ?

jrally
30th December 2006, 13:24
a quick question jorge .... before your informations i have Howlett/Howlett 33th ... the rest of the position looks good. so who are 33th in your classification ?

33 - Mermet-Charpy (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 15.18

Regards
jorge

Giorgio
30th December 2006, 13:58
Very Thanks, Infiniti !!

Giorgio

Giorgio
31st December 2006, 16:24
Someone knows.....

15 marzo 1979 - Criterium Jurassien
Jean Claude Bering - Y.???? Corti

17 marzo 1980 - Criterium Jurassien
Bernard Chenevière - K.???? Oberli
C.???? Blanc - G.???? Bubloz

13 febbraio 1981 - Rally des Neiges
Eric Chapuis - ???? Racine (Porsche 911 SC)
Jean Pierre Balmer - ???? ???? (Porsche 911 SC)
???? Blanc - ???? ???? (Porsche 911 SC)

3 ottobre 1982 - Rally du Vin
Chris Carron - ???? Antille

17 marzo 1983 - Criterium Jurassien
Eric Ferreux - S.???? Audemars

29 settembre 1983 - Rally du Vin
Jean Claude Bering - ???? Giger

15 marzo 1984 - Criterium Jurassien
Eric Ferreux - B.???? Gaudin

30 settembre 1984 - Rally du Vin
Marc Surer - ???? Wyder

15 marzo 1985 - Criterium Jurassien
Jean Marie Carron - L.???? Lattion

25 settembre 1985 - Rally du Valais (ex Rally du Vin)
Jean Krucker - ???? Wyder
???? Oguey - ???? Remy

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

januszsz
31st December 2006, 16:51
Someone knows.....

Eric Chapuis - SERGE Racine (Porsche 911 SC)

CHRISTIAN Blanc - GEORGES Bubloz
I have C.Blanc sometimes with Georges Bubloz, sometimes with Jo Bubloz. Does anybody know are those two different people (brothers?) or "Jo" is a nickname to Georges?

CHRISTIAN Blanc - ???? ???? (Porsche 911 SC)

30 settembre 1984 - Rally du Vin
Marc Surer - MICHEL Wyder

1985 - Rally du Valais (ex Rally du Vin)
Jean Krucker - MICHEL Wyder

Nearly the same names Giorgio you were asking about not so long ago...
Regards
Janusz

jrally
31st December 2006, 19:25
Elvis, here the classification of Charlemagne 97

1-Rousselot-Gillet (Ford Escort Cosworth) (A8) 1.15.32
2-Mulvad-Pedersen (Toyota Celica GT4) (A8) + 1.10
3-Nielsen-Jacobsen (Peugeot 306 Maxi) (A7) + 4.29
4-Jensen-Dossing (Mitsubishi Lancer) (N4) +7.16
5-Bayard-Jullien (Toyota Celica) (A8) +7.26
6-Wewers-Ecker (BMW M3) (H19) +8.09
7-Mordacq-Faivre (Ford Escort Cosworth) (N4) + 8.53
8-Kragh-Vestergaard (Ford Sierra Cosworth) (H19) +9.23
9-Van Hoof-Verbeek (Ford Sierra Cosworth) (H19) + 9.26
10-Brink-Bendstrup (Peugeot 306 Maxi) (A7) +9.27
11-Huisman-Van Riemsdijk (Ford Escort Cosworth) (A8) + 9.28
12-Barbara-Barbara (BMW M3) (FA8) + 9.38
13-Kridel-Gitzinger (Ford Escort Cosworth) (A8) + 10.09
14-Montagne-Taboné (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 10.10
15-Bernardi-L'Huguenot (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 10.26
16-Morel-Duchamp (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) +10.51
17-Marty-Curco (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 11.09
18-Fouteret-Legrand (R5 GT Turbo) (FN4) + 11.15
19-Dorsimont-Debois (Opel Astra GSi) (A7) +11.15
20-Davat-Debornes (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 11.41
21-Bernard-Elena (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 11.43
22-Raymond-Barnier (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 11.54
23-Porcheron-Paturel (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 12.15
24-Loeb-Schneider (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N1) + 12.31
25-Achen-Gaspar (Renault Clio Williams) (N3) + 12.35
26-Mannessier-Misiek (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N1) + 12.39
27-Beve-Boudet (Opel Manta) (F12) + 12.43
28-Vialle-Cavalier (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 12.44
29-Macq-Vilain (Peugeot 306 S16) (N3) + 14.11
30-Vlaar-Vlaar (Ford Sierra Cosworth) (N4) +14.26
31-Dhaisne-Mansel (Renault Clio Williams) (N3) + 14.27
32-de Jong-Klumpers (Volvo 240 Turbo) (H19) + 14.37
33-Mermet-Charpy (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 15.18
34-Brasseur-Brasseur (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 15.19
35-Daunas-Fougereuse (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) + 15.23
36-Vives-Arthaud(Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) 15.26
37-Bernard-Witwicki (Ford Escort Cosworth) (N4) + 15.39
38-Vistoli-Passot (Renault Clio Williams) (N3) + 15.39
39-Flamme-Thelliez (Citroen Saxo) (A6) + 15.45
40-Josse-Bachelin (Peugeot 205 GTi) (A6) +15.57
41-Ajoux-Phellipeau (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N2) +16.11
42-Bell-Humphrey (Ford Sierra Cosworth) (A8) +16.45
43-Daniellot-Daniellot (Peugeot 106 Rallye) (N1) +16.19

and the others I've put them here already !
Regards

And to all a Happy New Year
Jorge

jrally
31st December 2006, 19:32
I know I said I'm finished with 1975, but I still need some confirmations:

L. Carlsson-B. de Jong, Opel Ascona at Monte Carlo, entered by Opel Euro Handler Team or ?

A. Kullang-C.G. Andersson, Opel Ascona, entered at Swedish by Opel Euro Handler Team or Dealer Team Opel Sweden, or something else?

Peugeots entered at Safari as Marshalls(EA)Ltd for O. Andersson, H. Mikkola & T. Makinen. Is this correct?

Peugeots entered at Rally du Maroc as Team Esso Peugeot for H. Mikkola, T. Makinen, B. Consten & P. Pagani. Is this correct?

Lars Carlsson entered by Dealer Opel team Holland
Anders Kullang by Dealer Opel Team Sweden
Safari also Bert Shankland
In Morocco I think Pierre Pagani runs as a private team !

regards
Have a nice year !
jorge

Giorgio
1st January 2007, 14:37
Thank you, Janusz !

Giorgio

kabouter
1st January 2007, 17:41
Elvis, here the classification of Charlemagne 97

6-Wewers-Ecker (BMW M3) (H19) +8.09

And to all a Happy New Year
Jorge

A small correction, it's Erik Wevers, not Wewers.

And I wish everyone all the best in 2007 as well!

Kaps
1st January 2007, 22:15
Lars Carlsson entered by Dealer Opel team Holland
Anders Kullang by Dealer Opel Team Sweden
Safari also Bert Shankland
In Morocco I think Pierre Pagani runs as a private team !

regards
Have a nice year !
jorge

Thank you very much jorge

Happy New Year to you and all the forumers!

elvis
2nd January 2007, 10:58
thanks very much jorge and kabouter for your help

for every one , best wish for this new year

elvis

Giorgio
2nd January 2007, 11:48
Someone knows.....

15 marzo 1986 - Criterium Jurassien
Roger Krattiger - R.???? Meier

23 ottobre 1986 - Rally du Valais
Jean Elie Fornage - ???? Bruttin

19 marzo 1987 - Criterium Jurassien
Jean Marie Carron - Fr.???? Moret
M.???? Gall - ???? Moret

21 marzo 1988 - Criterium Jurassien
Philippe Camandona - Ch.???? Guignard

10 aprile 1989 - Criterium Jurassien
Erwin Keller - R.???? Hofmann
O.???? Haberthur - Y.???? Terrani

11 aprile 1990 - Criterium Jurassien
Reynald Menghini - D.???? Antonino
Ch.???? Haberthur - Ch.???? Henchoz

8 aprile 1991 - Criterium Jurassien
R.???? Meoli - F.???? Semprebon

11 aprile 1992 - Criterium Jurassien
N.???? Althaus - D.???? Roth
F.???? Mari - V.???? Mari

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

januszsz
3rd January 2007, 14:26
Back to the dark ages! Anybody knows consecutive numbers and official or original name of Viking Rallies 1953-1959?
Regards
Janusz

FAL
3rd January 2007, 15:59
Marcus Chambers records that during his time at BMC (1954-61) " the Viking Rally became the Norweigian National Rally and no longer a championship event". He implies it was always a winter (snow) rally during that period.

januszsz
3rd January 2007, 19:43
I meant about consecutive numbers of Viking Rallies 1953-59. For example the 1953 edition was the 5th Viking Rally, 1954 was the 6th Viking Rally. Anybody is able to help?
Janusz

Giorgio
3rd January 2007, 20:14
I have C.Blanc sometimes with Georges Bubloz, sometimes with Jo Bubloz. Does anybody know are those two different people (brothers?) or "Jo" is a nickname to Georges?
Regards
Janusz

"Jo Bubloz" and "Georges Bubloz" is the same driver.

Regards

Giorgio

jrally
4th January 2007, 00:20
I meant about consecutive numbers of Viking Rallies 1953-59. For example the 1953 edition was the 5th Viking Rally, 1954 was the 6th Viking Rally. Anybody is able to help?
Janusz

Sorry Janusz ! Can't help you !

Regards
jorge

RiN
4th January 2007, 18:47
Back to the dark ages! Anybody knows consecutive numbers and official or original name of Viking Rallies 1953-1959?
Regards
Janusz

The first "Rally Viking" was held in 1951, and the last one in 1960.
"Rally Viking 1951" "Rally Viking 1952" and so on, is (was) the official norwegian name for the rallies, and the name has later only been used for a few classic rallies in modern times.

Originally it got it's name from the main sponsor, the Norwegian tyre brand "Viking". As the winner of the first rally was the then importer to Norway for Pirelli tyres, he used his win for what it was worth in advertisements and other propaganda, and there were som long faces around :-)

The rally was part of the Europeean Touring Championship, which was the original name of what we now usually call E.. Rally C..., from -53 to -60.
In -57 the rally were called off at halfway because of the death of the Norwegian king Haakon. Some of my sources says it still counted for the ETC, others say not, as the distance covered were too short. I'm still trying to work out what is true.

The first two rallies were held in late August, the rest in September.

RiN

ReWind
4th January 2007, 20:23
@ Giorgio: Not much.

Nicolas Althaus (Sui, b. 01 November 1966)

O. Haberthur could - I emphasize COULD - be Olivier Haberthur (Sui, b. 10 February 1963) who is known as a circuit racer. I don't know whether he did rallying, too.

januszsz
5th January 2007, 07:25
The first "Rally Viking" was held in 1951, and the last one in 1960.
"Rally Viking 1951" "Rally Viking 1952" and so on, is (was) the official norwegian name for the rallies, and the name has later only been used for a few classic rallies in modern times.

Originally it got it's name from the main sponsor, the Norwegian tyre brand "Viking". As the winner of the first rally was the then importer to Norway for Pirelli tyres, he used his win for what it was worth in advertisements and other propaganda, and there were som long faces around :-)

The rally was part of the Europeean Touring Championship, which was the original name of what we now usually call E.. Rally C..., from -53 to -60.
In -57 the rally were called off at halfway because of the death of the Norwegian king Haakon. Some of my sources says it still counted for the ETC, others say not, as the distance covered were too short. I'm still trying to work out what is true.

The first two rallies were held in late August, the rest in September.

RiN
RiN, thank you very much for explanation!
Janusz

Giorgio
5th January 2007, 13:27
Regards
Janusz

24 agosto 1951 - 1° Viking Rally -- first edition
12 settembre 1952 - 2° Viking Rally
9 settembre 1953 - 3° Viking Rally
10 settembre 1954 - 4° Viking Rally
9 settembre 1955 - 5° Viking Rally
14 settembre 1956 - 6° Viking Rally
20 settembre 1957 - 7° Viking Rally
14 settembre 1958 - 8° Viking Rally
18 settembre 1959 - 9° Viking Rally
17 settembre 1960 - 10° Viking Rally
15 settembre 1961 - 11° Viking Rally --- last edition

You have the first 3 for 1951 and 1952 ?

Regards

Giorgio

Giorgio
5th January 2007, 13:28
@ Giorgio: Not much.

Nicolas Althaus (Sui, b. 01 November 1966)

O. Haberthur could - I emphasize COULD - be Olivier Haberthur (Sui, b. 10 February 1963) who is known as a circuit racer. I don't know whether he did rallying, too.

Thanks, Rewind !

Giorgio

ReWind
5th January 2007, 14:31
Ch. Haberthur should be Christian Haberthur, perhaps a brother of Olivier.
Look here: http://www.moneyhouse.ch/shab/1999_106/publikationen_h.htm
(you have to scroll down just a little bit)
[Note that the real spelling of the surname is Haberthür but in the company's name it is Haberthur]

januszsz
5th January 2007, 16:08

Regards

Giorgio
Thank you Giorgio for additional infos. Unfortunaltely I have nothing on the first two editions and nothing about the last one (11th Rally Viking 1961). Sorry, I can't help you.
Regards
Janusz

Giorgio
5th January 2007, 20:11
I have:

15 settembre 1961 - 11° Viking Rally
Start: ????
Finish: ????

km. 1200
grand touring cars - touring cars

1. Carl Magnus Skogh - Haakon Floeysvik (Saab)
2. Arne Ingier - O.J. Killingmoe (Saab)
3. Rune Larsson - Carl Fredrik Karlan (Volkswagen)

Best regards

Giorgio

januszsz
5th January 2007, 22:34
I have:

km. 1200

Best regards

Giorgio
Thank you Giorgio, onca more.
Janusz

jrally
6th January 2007, 00:36
Janusz, here the 1961 result

Result:
Nr. 1. Carl Magnus Skogh/Håkon Fløysvik – Saab 96, 2. Arne Ingier/Ole J. Killingmoe – Saab 96, 3. Rune Larsson/Carl F. Karlan – VW, 4. Leif Samsing/Ivar Eikrem – DKW AU 1000, 5. Edward Gjølberg/Jan Kolstad – Skoda Octavia TS, 6. Karl G. Paulsen/F. Pettersson – Fiat 2100, 7. Oddvar Vargset/Otto Brødholt – Volvo PV 544 S, 8. Leif Vold-Johansen/Willy Brandt – DKW AU 1000 S, 9. Jan E. Martinsen/Finn Rolf Jacobsen – Skoda Octavia, 10. Tore Borg Norén/Bj. Michelsen – Volvo Amazon, 11. Esko Keinänen/Lauri Hurme – Skoda Octavia TS, 12. Simon Engseth/Frode Murstad – Volvo PV 544, 13. Reidar Paulsen/Carl Knudtzen – Fiat 2100, 14. Hermod Spiten/Ragnar Syvertsen – Volvo Amazon, 15. Erik Granerud/Aage Bræin – Volvo PV 544, 16. Odd Thrana/Tord Ulleberg – DKW AU 1000, 17. Jens Jarl Jernes/Finn Egeland – Skoda Octavia Super, 18. Ove Holtmoen/Ivar Olrud – VW, 19. C.J. Høibraaten/Per Stefferud – Volvo Amazon, 20. Bengt Søderstrøm/Ragnar Nitschke – Saab 96, 21. Arne Bjerkheim/Olav Landmark – VW, 22. E. Nagell-Erichsen/Tor Kindem – Mercedes 219, 23. A. Zakariassen/F. Kongsgaarden – Saab 96, 24. Asmund Spiten/Svein Løken – Volvo Amazon, 25. Juul Gulbrandsen/S. Stensrud – Mercedes 220, 26. Chr. Offenberg/Per Gudem – Saab 96, 27. Johan Solem/John Ulleberg – Ford Anglia, 28. Dag Johannessen/Gilbert Hansen – Triumph Herald, 29. Armin Skotvedt/Rolf Nullmeyer – Volvo PV 544, 30. Knut Møystad/Olav haug – Volvo PV 544, 31. Per Hammerich/Gunnar Gåssand – Saab 96, 32. Jahn Tore Leira/Harald Buhs – BMW 700 Sport, 33. Hans E. Olsen/Rolf Johansen – DKW AU 1000 S, 34. J.H. Kristiansen/K. Gulichsen – Skoda Octavia Super, 35. Nils Carlsson/Mario Pavoni – Austin A850, 36. Erik Berger/L. Andersson – Saab 96, 37. Per M. Fjeld/Bjørn Mikalsen – Skoda Octavia Super, 38. Jan B. Kolstad/Trond Schea – Skoda Octavia, 39. Bjørn Froding/Knut Steine – Renault Gordini, 40. Aatos Wassman/Mauri Laakso – Skoda Octavia TS, 41. Hans Lannsjø/Hans Sundin – Austin 850, 42. Carsten A. Johansson/Erik O. Steen – BMW 700 Sport, 43. Knut Hærnes/Hans Hærnes – Volvo PV 544, 44. Kristian Fikkan/Tore Knudsen – Volvo PV 544, 45. Sune Svedén/Alf Appelqvist – Volvo PV 544, 46. Sverre Hansen/Tore Bjerke – Skoda 440, 47. Erik Hellum/Harald Hellum – Volvo PV 544, 48. Leif Høglund/John Rotschild – Saab 96, 49. Engelbrekt Haglund/Erik Olsson – DKW Junior, 50. Olav Hernæs/Knut Griff-Müller – Renault Gordini, 51. Matti Kohlemainen/Heikki Kaarilathi – Skoda Octavia, 52. Knut Faber/Per Siewertz Nielsen – Skoda Octavia, 53. Børje Alhed/Carl Eric Schlägel – Saab 96, 54. K. Gudmundsen/F.J. Sørensen – NSU Prinz.

Class Winners:
Class 1: Jahn Tore Leira/Harald Buhs – BMW 700 Sport
Class 2: Carl Magnus Skogh/Håkon Fløysvik – Saab 96
Class 3: Rune Larsson/Carl F. Karlan – Volkswagen
Class 4: Oddv. Vargset/Otto Brødholt – Volvo PV 544 S
Class 5: Karl G. Paulsen/F. Pettersson – Fiat 2300

regards
jorge

januszsz
6th January 2007, 10:42
Janusz, here the 1961 result

Result:
Nr. 1. Carl Magnus Skogh/Håkon Fløysvik – Saab 96, 2. ......
.... 54. K. Gudmundsen/F.J. Sørensen – NSU Prinz.

regards
jorge

It's great, Jo! Thank you so much!
Janusz

RiN
6th January 2007, 12:09
I have:

km. 1200

Best regards

Giorgio

We discussed this on the old version of this thread about a year ago, but let me repeat once more:

THERE WERE NO RALLY VIKING IN 1961

The rally refered to is "KNA Høstrally" (KNA Autumn-rally), a shorter rally NOT counting towards the ERC.

I understand that some of you have sources that tell otherwise, but remember that one of the biggest problems regarding research of old rallies, is that of all the mis-information that were published at the time. Very much of this is now flowing around on the net as facts.

RiN

RiN
6th January 2007, 12:16

Regards

Giorgio

1951:

1. Per Bergan / Gunnar Kjølstad Citroën 11
2. Walther Carlsen / Knut Solberg Chevrolet
3. Lars Egeberg jr. / Thorleif Petersen Chevrolet
4. Bjarne Røhne / Hans J.Selmer Ford Vedette
5. Arne Hinsværk / Carsten A.Johansson Jowett Javelin
6. Amund Bøhle / Gunnar Helle Dodge
7. Nils Hagen / Aasmund Gulbrandsen Hansa 1500
8. Hans Chr.Henriksen / H.R.Henrichsen Mercury
9. Erik Karlsson / Björn Wennerberg S Austin A90
10. Arnold Busch / Arne Lindholm Fiat 1100

1952:

1. Per Bergan / Gunnar Kjølstad Citroën 11 Normal
2. Carsten A.Johansson / Gunnar Jensen VW
3. Ragnar Busch / Helge Mikkelsen Renault Frégate
4. Hans Ingier / Walther Schjølberg Fiat 1400
5. Bjarne Hægeland / Gunnar Fadum Vauxhall Velox
6. Per Malling / Gunnar L.Orøn Citroën 11 Sport
7. Arnold Busch / Arne Lindholm Fiat 1400
8. Chr. D.Zernickow / E.Christiansen Chevrolet
9. Walther Carlsen / Knut Solberg Tatraplan
10. Birger M.Strand / Harald Stavseth Ford Six

RiN

jrally
6th January 2007, 12:23
I've re-seen and You are COMPLETELY RIGHT, RiN !
It was KNA Høstrally" (KNA Autumn-rally).

Sorry Janusz !

Regards
jorge

Giorgio
6th January 2007, 13:46
Thank you , Rin for the results and the definitive explanation....

Sorry, Janusz for my mistake...

Regards

Giorgio

januszsz
6th January 2007, 13:49
There is no reason to be sorry Jorge. Now it's clear that it was a different rally, but we have it's complete result. Thank you RiN for explanation and for 1951-52 results.
There are two more questions on subjet of rallies consecutive numbers:
1. Rallye Deutschland. In 1953 German's ERC round was Travemunde, then in 1954 Wiesbaden, followed in 1955 by Nurburgring and in 1956 again Wiesbaden, since 1958 I have it named as Rallye Deutschland. Are those 1953-56 rallies completely different events or we can call them Deutschland Rallies or so? Are we able to give them consecutive numbers?
2. Rallye de Geneve. I found in "old" thread that 1956 edition was numbered as 25th and then the nex one in 1957 was 14th. Which one is correctly named.
Regards
Janusz

jrally
8th January 2007, 13:59
There is no reason to be sorry Jorge. Now it's clear that it was a different rally, but we have it's complete result. Thank you RiN for explanation and for 1951-52 results.
There are two more questions on subjet of rallies consecutive numbers:
1. Rallye Deutschland. In 1953 German's ERC round was Travemunde, then in 1954 Wiesbaden, followed in 1955 by Nurburgring and in 1956 again Wiesbaden, since 1958 I have it named as Rallye Deutschland. Are those 1953-56 rallies completely different events or we can call them Deutschland Rallies or so? Are we able to give them consecutive numbers?
2. Rallye de Geneve. I found in "old" thread that 1956 edition was numbered as 25th and then the nex one in 1957 was 14th. Which one is correctly named.
Regards
Janusz

My opinion, Janusz, it's although they are all named Rallye of Deutschland they are different rallyes. Wiesbaden has nothing to do with Nurburgring and I think for instance in 68 was the Lyon-Charbonnières-Sttutgart or something like that.
For Geneve I have the 28th edition in 1959.

Regards
jorge

FAL
8th January 2007, 16:48
Rally Deutschland is a very recent creation (by the standards of on here!) and only dates back a few years of the current WRC era. What is now called Deutschland is effectively a combination of the Koln-Ahrweiler and Hunsruck rallies and a few other stages. Both those were International rallies in their own right for many years (and popular with UK crews).
I think the last "iteration" of the "Lyons etc..." rally was "Lyons-Charbonieres-Stuttgart-Solitude".
We have simple names for rallies now!

Kaps
8th January 2007, 18:15
Can someone please answer these questions about 1976 World Rally Championship;

1.Safari Rally, how many time controls? How many starters (64 or 65?)

2. Acropolis Rally, how many stages?

3. Rallye San Remo, how many stages?

Thank you!

januszsz
8th January 2007, 19:44
Thank you Jorge and FAL!
Janusz

jrally
10th January 2007, 14:05
Can someone please answer these questions about 1976 World Rally Championship;

1.Safari Rally, how many time controls? How many starters (64 or 65?)

2. Acropolis Rally, how many stages?

3. Rallye San Remo, how many stages?

Thank you!

1.Safari Rally, how many time controls? ???
How many starters (64 or 65?) some say 64, some say 65

(I will make a research later, at night)

2. Acropolis Rally, how many stages? 51 of which 5 cancelled

3. Rallye San Remo, how many stages? 37

regards
jorge

kraut
10th January 2007, 18:24
Rally Deutschland is a very recent creation (by the standards of on here!) and only dates back a few years of the current WRC era. What is now called Deutschland is effectively a combination of the Koln-Ahrweiler and Hunsruck rallies and a few other stages.

Thats not quite correct. As jrally posted earlier, from the fifties to the late Seventies the title 'Deutschland-Rallye' has been an additonal title awarded to one chosen German rally, each year for a different event, f.i Rallye Wiesbaden or Stuttgart-Lyon-Charbonnieres or others.

In 1982 the first real Deutschland-Rallye has been organised by ADAC with the aim to be part of World Rallye Championship. This went on until 1984. But the problem was, that there are two different Automoblile-Clubs in Germany, which did not have the best contact to each other. ADAC had more money and influence. But AvD was organising Hunsrück-Rallye, which had been the Top-Rally in Germany in the Eighties. ADAC noticed, that it a World Championship Rally was not within reach at that moment. So in 1985 an European-Championship-event, the Saarland-Rallye had been renamed Deutschland-Rallye in order to rise in the coefficient in ERC. The top-coefficient has been reached within short time. And Rallye Deutschland had been one of the top-ERC-events for a long time. But ERC never had a very big value in Top-class rallying.

In the end of the nineties, when domestic rallying in Germany went down, it was difficult for the organisers of Hunsrück to keep on with the high standard of their rally and to raise the necessary money for it. But still they had the very good contacts to get the permit for the Baumholder stages. So new negotiations between ADAC and AvD had been made, because FIA has signalised, that there is a real chance reaching WRC-honours. In 2001 it has been the first time, that Baumholder had been a vital part of Rallye Deutschland. In 2002 they had reached their aim to be part of WRC.

Rallye Köln-Ahrweiler never has counted to any championship and never had been connected to Rallye Deutschland in any way. It had been a highly rated no-pacenote-event mostly on forest stages until 1987 and now it is a special stage tarmac rallye for historic cars (called Youngtimer)

FAL
10th January 2007, 22:34
I think we are at cross purposes in use of language. In tracking the national name being attached to a country's premier rally as we understand it today (which I think is what the record keepers on here are trying to do), is not the current Deutschland Rally really the only one that warrants the name?
No one I knew who did Koln-Arhweiler would have described it as a forest rally by our standards. Certainly it used some unsurfaced roads in the vineyards (which is why UK crews liked it, as it was not a pure tarmac rally). It does not translate directly into one day of the current tarmac Rally Deutschland but we tend to think in terms of the way a rally in a particular region disappears and another (or part of a WRC rally) emerges in its place.
The 24 Uren van Ieper was effectively Belgium's premier rally for many many years (and a coefficient 20 ERC round) despite what other Belgian organisers such as Boucles de Spa might have wished. When Belgium was looking at bidding for a WRC round it would have effectively been Ieper and Rallye de Wallonie combined.

I could not agree the ERC never had a big value in top class rallying. Until the WRC for drivers was created (1977?) the ECR was the only championship in town. Throughout the classic rally era of the 60s there were few events outside Europe that attracted manufacturers and if they wanted championships to advertise they had to contest the ERC. The results were important then. Only later did it fall into much less significance, contested only by teams that were rarely full "works" (and who even notices it today?).

Kaps
11th January 2007, 00:06
Thanks jorge!

To continue with 1976;
Here's what I managed to reconstruct for Lancia's participation in that season:

1.Monte Carlo
Lancia Alitalia:
Munari-Maiga Lancia Stratos HF
Waldegard-Thorszelius Lancia Stratos HF
Pinto-Bernacchini Lancia Stratos HF

Team Chardonnet(?):
Darniche-Mahe Lancia Stratos HF

2.Swedish
Lancia Alitalia:
Lampinen-Hertz Lancia Stratos HF

3.Portugal
Lancia Alitalia:

4.Safari
Lancia Alitalia:
Preston jr.-Lyall Lancia Stratos HF

5. Acropolis
Lancia Alitalia:
Pregliasco-Garzoglio Lancia Stratos HF

6. Maroc
Lancia Alitalia:
(only works Lancia?)

7.1000 Lakes
no Lancias?

8. San Remo
Lancia Alitalia:
Munari- Maiga Lancia Stratos HF
"Tony"-Mannini Lancia Stratos HF (works entry?)

9. Corse
Lancia Alitalia:
Team Chardonnet(?):

Serpaggi-Subrini Lancia Stratos HF(entrant?)

10. RAC
Lancia Alitalia:

jorge, (or anyone else who might know) is this complete/correct?
PS I'm only interested in works and most important privateer entries.
Thank you.

jrally
11th January 2007, 14:10
Thanks jorge!

To continue with 1976;
Here's what I managed to reconstruct for Lancia's participation in that season:

1.Monte Carlo
Lancia Alitalia:

Team Chardonnet(?):

2.Swedish
Lancia Alitalia:

3.Portugal
Lancia Alitalia:

4.Safari
Lancia Alitalia:

5. Acropolis
Lancia Alitalia:

6. Maroc
Lancia Alitalia:
(only works Lancia?)

7.1000 Lakes
no Lancias?

8. San Remo
Lancia Alitalia:
"Tony"-Mannini Lancia Stratos HF (works entry?)

9. Corse
Lancia Alitalia:
Team Chardonnet(?):

Serpaggi-Subrini Lancia Stratos HF(entrant?)

10. RAC
Lancia Alitalia:

jorge, (or anyone else who might know) is this complete/correct?
PS I'm only interested in works and most important privateer entries.
Thank you.

1.Monte Carlo
Lancia Alitalia:

Team Chardonnet:

2.Swedish
Lancia Alitalia:
Walfridsson-Nilsson Lancia Stratos HF

3.Portugal
Lancia Alitalia:

4.Safari
Lancia Alitalia:

5. Acropolis
Lancia Alitalia:

6. Maroc
Lancia Alitalia:
(only works Lancia?) Yes

7.1000 Lakes
no Lancias? yes

8. San Remo
Lancia Alitalia:
"Tony"-Mannini Lancia Stratos HF (works entry?) No, Jolly Club

9. Corse
Lancia Alitalia:

Team Chardonnet(?): Yes
Serpaggi-Subrini Lancia Stratos HF(entrant?) private

10. RAC
Lancia Alitalia:
Walfridsson-Frazer Lancia Stratos HF (entrant : Chequered Flag)

Regards
jorge

Kaps
12th January 2007, 17:01
Jorge, I cannot thank you enough!

Moving on to the next teams, here's what I have for 1976 campaigns of Opel and Ford;

OPEL:

1.Monte Carlo
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Berger Kadett GT/E
Kullang-Andersson Kadett GT/E
Mikkola-Billstam Kadett GT/E

2.Swedish:
Dealer Opel Team Sweden(?):
Kullang-Andersson Ascona
Dealer Opel Team Holland(?):
L. Carlsson-De Jong Kadett GT/E

Danielsson-Edqvist Kadett GT/E (Entrant?)

3.Portugal:
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Billstam Kadett GT/E

4.Safari:
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Aaltonen-Pitz Kadett GT/E
Herrmann-Simonian Kadett GT/E (Nationality of Edgar Herrmann, German or Kenyan?)

5. Acropolis -no works entry

6. Maroc
Fall-Hadley Kadett GT/E Entrant?

7.1000 Lakes
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Kullang-Andersson Kadett GT/E only works entry?

8. San Remo:
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Pitz Kadett GT/E
Ballestrieri-Maiga Kadett GT/E (Opel Euro Handler Team?)
Nicolas-Laverne Kadett GT/E (Opel Euro Handler Team?)

9. Corse
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Berger Kadett GT/E
Nicolas-Laverne Kadett GT/E

10. RAC
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Berger Kadett GT/E
Aaltonen-Billstam Kadett GT/E
Smolej-De Jong KadettGT/E
Dealer Opel Team:
Fall-Broad Kadett GT/E
Danielsson-Sundberg Kadett GT/E (Bo or Ulf Sundberg as co-driver?)

FORD:
1.Monte:
Ford Motor Co. Ltd:
Clark-Porter Escort RS 1800
Makinen-Liddon Escort RS 1800

2.Maroc
Ford Motor Co. Ltd:

3.1000 Lakes
Ford Motor Co. Ltd:
Vatanen-Aho Escort RS 1800
Team Avon Tyres:
Airikkala-Virtanen Escort RS 1800

4. RAC
Ford Motor Co. Ltd:
Clark-Pegg Escort RS 1800
Allied Polymer Group: (can this be considered a works entry?)
Vatanen-Bryant Escort RS 1800
Privateer: (?)
Waldegard-Thorszelius Escort RS 1800 (Waldegard signed for Ford after San Remo, so how come he's only a privateer at RAC?)
Team Avon Tyres:
Airikkala-Greasley Escort RS 1800

Is all this correct?

Thank you!

Giorgio
12th January 2007, 18:29
Someone knows.....

16 maggio 1960
1° Rally Vltava
Start: Marianske Lazne
Finish: Karlovy Vary

km. 2700
national rally

1. ???? Knoll - ???? Kruger (DKW Junior)
2. ???? Pavelka - ???? Micik (Tatra)
3. ???? Vermirovski - ???? Mican (Tatra)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

23 luglio 1961
2° Rally Vltava

km. ????
national rally

1. ???? ???? - ???? ???? (????)
2. ???? ???? - ???? ???? (????)
3. ???? ???? - ???? ???? (????)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?? /?? / 1962
3° Rally Vltava

km. ????
national rally

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?? /?? / 1963
Czechoslovakia

4° Rally Vltava

km. ????
national rally

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 luglio 1964
5° Rally Vltava
Start: Praha
Finish: Praha

km. 2500
international rally

---------------------------------------------------------------------

5 luglio 1965
6° Rally Vltava
Start: Liberec
Finish: Liberec

km. 2200
european rally championship
international rally

1. Rauno Aaltonen - Tony Ambrose (BMC Cooper S 1300)
2. René Trautmann - Claudine Bouchet (Lancia Flavia 1800 Coupé)
3. Giorgio Pianta - Luciano Lombardini (Lancia Flavia 1800 Coupé)

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

januszsz
12th January 2007, 19:19
Someone knows.....

16 maggio 1960
1° Rally Vltava

km. 2700
national rally

1. ???? Knoll - ???? Kruger (DKW Junior)
2. ???? Pavelka - ???? Micik (Tatra)
3. ???? Vermirovski - ???? Mican (Tatra)

23 luglio 1961
2° Rally Vltava

km. ????
national rally

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?? /?? / 1962
3° Rally Vltava

km. ????
national rally

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?? /?? / 1963
Czechoslovakia

4° Rally Vltava

km. ????
national rally

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 luglio 1964
5° Rally Vltava

km. 2500
international rally

5 luglio 1965
6° Rally Vltava

km. 2200
international rally

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

16 maggio 1960
It was Rallye CSR not Vltava

km. 2700
national rally
1. Rolf Knoll - G. Krüger (DKW Junior)
2. Jaroslav Pavelka - Ivan Micik (Tatra 603)
3. Adolf Vermirovski - L. Mican (Tatra 603)

1° Rally Vltava
Start and finish: Praha
1. Zdenek Mraz / Vlastimil? Havel (Skoda Octavia Super)
2. Jaroslav Bobek / ?? (Skoda Octavia Super)
3. O. Pasch / ?? (Skoda Octavia Super)
start 88 crews, 2 special stages

2° Rally Vltava
km. 311
1. M. Halada / V. Janatka (Fiat 600)
2. J. Janout - ???? ???? (Skoda Octavia Super)
3. Jiri Srnsky - ???? ???? (Skoda Octavia Super)
start 46/ finish 39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
?? /?? / 1962
3° Rally Vltava
km. 304
CS Rally Championship
1. Alois Mark - Z. Raska (Tatra 603)
2. Jaroslav Fac - Lubomir Rek (Tatra 603)
3. Vladimir Hubacek - P. Svejda (Skoda Octavia Super)
start 72/ finish 57

?? /?? / 1963
Czechoslovakia

4° Rally Vltava
Finish: Karlove Vary
km. 1480
CS Rally Championship

1. Zdenek Treybal - L. Sekac (Saab)
2. Egemova - Somr (Fiat Abarth)
3. Jaroslav Bobek - Leo Hnatevic (Skoda)
start 81/ finish 40
14 luglio 1964
5° Rally Vltava

km. 2480
international rally

1. Sobiesław Zasada - Kazimierz Osinski (Steyr Puch 650TR)
2. Zdenek Treybal - L. Sekac (Saab)
3. Alois Mark - Zdenek Cechmanek (Tatra 603)
start 81/ finish 14

5 luglio 1965
6° Rally Vltava

km. 2240
international rally

start 83/ finish 12

Regards
Janusz
source: a chechoslovak book not known title as I got just only a copy of pages refering to rallying

dario
12th January 2007, 19:28
14 luglio 1964
5° Rally Vltava

km. 2480
international rally

start 81/ finish 14
-
Regards
Janusz

Hi Janusz ,
do you konw also the 4° to 10° of this rally ?
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Dario

FAL
12th January 2007, 21:43
RAC76 FORD:

Vatanen in works car - same car(LAR801P, although I think re-shelled for RAC76) and same sponsor as 75 RAC winning car for Makinen.

Arikkala/Team Avon Tyres was a David Sutton car (which should have won - see Penti's account of it on "Old Rally Drivers" thread in this section/forum).

Waldegard in works car (found for him at last minute - "Motorcraft", Ford accessory division as sponsor but I think official entrant had to remain someone else's original entry under regulation that allows change of car or crew but not both - Lancia were not about to let him use their original entry for him!).

RAC76 OPEL
(Rohrl retired with failed oil pump about 20 miles from where I am sitting at this moment!)

januszsz
12th January 2007, 21:47
14 luglio 1964
5° Rally Vltava

km. 2480
international rally

start 81/ finish 14
-
Regards
Janusz

Hi Janusz ,
do you konw also the 4° to 10° of this rally ?
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Dario
Sorry, just only top 6:
4. Vladimir Hubacek / Somr - Skoda Octavia Super TS
5. Adolf Vermirovsky / Stanislav Hajdusek - Tatra 603
6. Jiri Srnsky / Vladimir Lokvenc - Skoda Octavia Super TS
Regards
Janusz

Kaps
13th January 2007, 03:09
Very interesting that Waldegard-Lancia-Ford story.

Thank you FAL!

FAL
13th January 2007, 15:54
I've just checked the original provisional entry list for the 1976 RAC (I have it as I was a competitor) and No32, which Waldegard/Thorzelius actually ran at, was originally Nigel Rockey in an RS1800. (Rockey had a degree of support from Ford at times and Ford Comps at Boreham probably made it worth his while to give up his entry). Regulations at the time allowed change of car model or crew but not both (actual car didn't matter if it was same model). Waldegard was No.2 in a Stratos on the provisional entry list.
Nigel Rockey was recently reported as returning to Historic rallying in an Alpine A110 (he once had one "in period").

jrally
13th January 2007, 16:31
That's right ! Waldegard beat Munari in Sanremo by 4 seconds and ... he was put out of the team (sacked?) so he took the place of Rockey and he beat again Munari (3th and 4th respectively)

regards
jorge

dario
13th January 2007, 18:00
Sorry, just only top 6:
4. Vladimir Hubacek / Somr - Skoda Octavia Super TS
5. Adolf Vermirovsky / Stanislav Hajdusek - Tatra 603
6. Jiri Srnsky / Vladimir Lokvenc - Skoda Octavia Super TS
Regards
Janusz

Thanks very much , Janusz
Best regards
Dario

Giorgio
13th January 2007, 19:06
Very thanks, Janusz !!

Regards
Giorgio

Giorgio
13th January 2007, 19:08
Grazie Dario !

Giorgio

jrally
14th January 2007, 01:19
Happy Birthday, Dario ! All the best !

regards
jorge

kabouter
14th January 2007, 02:40
Buon compleanno, Dario!

januszsz
14th January 2007, 10:10
All the best for your birthday, Dario.
Wish you
Janusz

dario
14th January 2007, 10:42
Jorge , Tjeerd , Janusz ,
Thanks very much
Best regards
Dario

Kaps
14th January 2007, 21:04
Does anyone know what were the entrants of top 3 Mitsubishi Lancers at 1976 Safari (Singh-Doig, Ulyate-Bates and Cowan-Syer)?
And how many competitive sections did that rally have?

Also, at Corsica, Mikkola-Todt, Makinen-Liddon and Lefebvre-de Alexandris started in Peugeot 104 ZS. What was the entrant for these cars?

Thank you in advance.

Carles Bosch 2
14th January 2007, 23:04
Kaps,

according to the french magazine "sport-auto" the corsican Peugeots were sent by the competitions department ("service course") of the works.

Carles.

Kaps
15th January 2007, 11:25
Thanks Carles, so was Team Esso Peugeot the name of the entrant?

jrally
15th January 2007, 14:21
Does anyone know what were the entrants of top 3 Mitsubishi Lancers at 1976 Safari (Singh-Doig, Ulyate-Bates and Cowan-Syer)?
And how many competitive sections did that rally have?

Also, at Corsica, Mikkola-Todt, Makinen-Liddon and Lefebvre-de Alexandris started in Peugeot 104 ZS. What was the entrant for these cars?

Thank you in advance.

Simba Motors for the Mitsubishi and 'Automobiles Peugeot' (I think) for the Peugeot

Regards
jorge

Kaps
15th January 2007, 15:27
Thanks jorge. Can you please help about post no. 162 in this thread?

Giorgio
15th January 2007, 20:04
Someone knows...

19 giugno 1969 - Rally de Genève

15 marzo 1979 - Criterium Jurassien
Jean Claude Bering - Y.???? Corti

Bernard Chenevière - K.???? Oberli

Jean Pierre Balmer - ???? ???? (Porsche 911 SC)
Christian Blanc - ???? ???? (Porsche 911 SC)

15 luglio 1988 - Rally Alpes Vaudoises
1. Christian Jaquillard - Christiane Jaquillard (Ford Sierra Cosworth)
2. Philippe Roux - Paul Corthay (Ford Sierra Cosworth)

27 ottobre 1988 - Rally du Valais
1. Philippe Roux - Paul Corthay (Lancia Delta Integrale)

27 ottobre 1989 - Rally du Valais

25 ottobre 1990 - Rally du Valais
1. Josef Haider - Christian Geistdorfer (Opel Kadett GSI 16v)

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

Carles Bosch 2
15th January 2007, 21:55
Jorge, I cannot thank you enough!

Moving on to the next teams, here's what I have for 1976 campaigns of Opel and Ford;

6. Maroc
Fall-Hadley Kadett GT/E Entrant?

Two half-works Opel Kadett GT/E Group 4:
- Claude Polizzi (entered by the Maroc Dealer)
- Tony Fall (Taurus Opel Team)

Carles.

Carles Bosch 2
15th January 2007, 22:05
Someone knows...

19 giugno 1969 - Rally de Genève

Giorgio,

The rally was cancelled follwing an accident occured in a Swiss hill-climb few days before, claiming the life of five spectators.

Carles.

jrally
15th January 2007, 22:48
OPEL:

1.Monte Carlo
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Berger Kadett GT/E
Mikkola-Billstam Kadett GT/E

correct

2.Swedish:
Dealer Opel Team Sweden:
Kullang-Andersson Ascona yes
Dealer Opel Team Holland(?):No, Bob de Jong
L. Carlsson-De Jong Kadett GT/E

Danielsson-Edqvist Kadett GT/E (Dealer Opel Team Sweden)

In fact was GM :s AF-forening for both Kullang and Danielsson

3.Portugal:
Opel Euro Handler Team:

correct

4.Safari:
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Aaltonen-Pitz Kadett GT/E
Herrmann-Simonian Kadett GT/E (Nationality of Edgar Herrmann, German or Kenyan?)

correct. Hermann was born in Germany but I don't know if he had double nationality.

5. Acropolis -no works entry
although in the entry list they didn't start (Rohrl-Pitz and Pesmazouglou-?)

6. Maroc
Fall-Hadley Kadett GT/E Entrant? Taurus Engineering

7.1000 Lakes
Opel Euro Handler Team
Kullang-Andersson Kadett GT/E no, Dealer Opel Team Sweden

8. San Remo:
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Pitz Kadett GT/E
Ballestrieri-Maiga Kadett GT/E (Opel Euro Handler Team?) no, GM Italia
Nicolas-Laverne Kadett GT/E (Opel Euro Handler Team?) yes

9. Corse
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Berger Kadett GT/E
Nicolas-Laverne Kadett GT/E

correct

10. RAC
Opel Euro Handler Team:
Rohrl-Berger Kadett GT/E
Aaltonen-Billstam Kadett GT/E
Smolej-De Jong KadettGT/E

correct

Dealer Opel Team:
Fall-Broad Kadett GT/E
Danielsson-Sundberg Kadett GT/E Ulf Sundberg as co-driver

FORD:
1.Monte:
Ford Motor Co. Ltd:

2.Maroc
Ford Motor Co. Ltd:

3.1000 Lakes
Ford Motor Co. Ltd:
Vatanen-Aho Escort RS 1800
Team Avon Tyres:
Airikkala-Virtanen Escort RS 1800

4. RAC
Ford Motor Co. Ltd:
Clark-Pegg Escort RS 1800
Allied Polymer Group: (can this be considered a works entry?)
Vatanen-Bryant Escort RS 1800 (run by Allied Polymer group but as Keith Said he could be considerer like a works car)

Privateer: (yes) entrant - Nigel Rockey
Waldegard-Thorszelius Escort RS 1800 (Waldegard signed for Ford after San Remo, so how come he's only a privateer at RAC?)
Team Avon Tyres:
Airikkala-Greasley Escort RS 1800

Thank you!

Regards
jorge

januszsz
16th January 2007, 10:01
Someone knows...

27 ottobre 1988 - Rally du Valais

27 ottobre 1989 - Rally du Valais

25 ottobre 1990 - Rally du Valais
1. Josef Haider - Christian Geistdorfer (Opel Kadett GSI 16v)

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

27-29 ottobre 1988 - Rally du Valais
2. Eric Ferreux - Audemars (Renault 21 Turbo gr.N)
3. Fabio Arletti - Leonardo Julli (Lancia Delta HF 4WD)

27-28 ottobre 1989 - Rally du Valais
2. Philippe Roux - Paul Corthay (Lancia Delta Integrale)
3. Josef Haider - Ferdinand Hinterleitner (Opel Kadett GSI 16v)

25-28 ottobre 1990 - Rally du Valais
1. Josef Haider - Christian Geistdörfer (Opel Kadett GSI 16v)
2. Philippe Roux - Paul Corthay (Lancia Delta Integrale)
3. Andrea Aghini - Sauro Fanocchia (Peugeot 405 Mi16)

Regards
Janusz

jrally
16th January 2007, 13:57
Serge Audemars

Regards
jorge

Giorgio
16th January 2007, 18:40
Very thanks Janusz and Jorge !

Giorgio

Giorgio
16th January 2007, 20:05
Thanks Carles !

Giorgio

Kaps
16th January 2007, 21:26
And thanks jorge & Carles!

Kaps
16th January 2007, 21:47
And now I only have Alpine-Renault & Datsun left for 1976.

At Monte, entrant: Alpine-Renault for:
Nicolas-Laverne
Andruet-Jouanny
Therier-Vial

At Corsica, entrant Alpine-Renault for
Andruet-"Biche"

At Monte, Portugal, Acropolis, Corsica & RAC, entrant: Equipe Gitanes for
Ragnotti-Andrie (Monte)
Ragnotti-Jaubert (the rest)

Can this "Equipe Gitanes" be considered part of works team or not?

And finally Datsun:
Safari
Entrant: D.T. Dobie?
Kallstrom-Lindqvist
Mehta-Doughty
Remtulla-Jivani

Acropolis:
Entrant:?
Kallstrom-Andersson
Mehta-Liddon

Finland:
Entrant: Aro Yhtyma Oy Autokeskus
Salonen-Markkula (Part of works team or privateer?)

RAC:
Entrant:Team Sanyo (works?)
Kallstrom-Phillips
Dawson-Marriott

Thank you

januszsz
18th January 2007, 11:25
ERC 1963 & 1964
Browsing in materials concerning ERC'63 & '64 I have to ask some questions:
1. Coupe des Alpes'63 - most sources point Rolland/Augias as the winners of the rally, but all British sources (except of John Davenport's Guinness Book of Rallying) I browsed give Aaltonen/Ambrose in the 1st position. Who is right? And who knows more about those controversies?
2. Coupe des Alpes'63 - does anybody know overall positions 7th-10th?
3. ERC'63 - Reinhard Klein ("Rally") gives Sardinian Rally as a round of Championship. Is it right?
4. ERC'64 - Somewhere I found a Portugese A.C.P. Rally as a round of ERC'64. It was won by Andrea de Adamich/Aldo Morgantini (Alfa Romeo Giulia). Does anybody know other finishers? Reinhard Klein did not mention about that round, but to be honest statistics in that book ("Rally") are not the best ones.
Regards
Janusz

jrally
18th January 2007, 14:13
ERC 1963 & 1964
Browsing in materials concerning ERC'63 & '64 I have to ask some questions:
1. Coupe des Alpes'63 - most sources point Rolland/Augias as the winners of the rally, but all British sources (except of John Davenport's Guinness Book of Rallying) I browsed give Aaltonen/Ambrose in the 1st position. Who is right? And who knows more about those controversies?
2. Coupe des Alpes'63 - does anybody know overall positions 7th-10th?
3. ERC'63 - Reinhard Klein ("Rally") gives Sardinian Rally as a round of Championship. Is it right?
4. ERC'64 - Somewhere I found a Portugese A.C.P. Rally as a round of ERC'64. It was won by Andrea de Adamich/Aldo Morgantini (Alfa Romeo Giulia). Does anybody know other finishers? Reinhard Klein did not mention about that round, but to be honest statistics in that book ("Rally") are not the best ones.
Regards
Janusz

1) Usually they made separate classifications by groups, not a general one, so it's possible that Jean Rolland has won one group and Aaltonen the other.

2) ECR 63 - Coupe des Alpes
7th - 'Tiny' Lewis-David Pollard GB/GB Sunbeam Rapier
8th - John Wadsworth-Alan Cooke GB/GB BMC Cooper S
9th - George Nicolas-??? Lauguil F/F Renault 1093
10th - Guy Verrier-Jacques Jourdain F/F Citroen DS 19

3) I think we've discussed it here at it seems that Sardinia Rally has made part of the championship

4) Yes, a round of the ERC
1-Andrea de Adamich-Aldo Morgantini I/I Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Super
2-Arnaldo Cavallari-Ferdinando Tecilla I/I Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Super
3-Dieter Glemser-Martin Braungart D/D Mercedes Benz 300 SE
4-Eugen Bohringer-Klaus Kaiser D/D Mercedes Benz 300 SE
5-Jorge Pessanha-???? Mascalero P/P Porsche Carrera SC
6-Alfredo César Torres-Paiva Raposo P/P Austin Cooper S
7-Rui Martins Silva-??? Carvalho P/P Alfa Romeo Zagato
8-Manuel Gião-???? Fernandes P/P Austin Cooper S
9-Augusto Palma-Fernando Pinto Basto P/P Morris Cooper S
10-José Lickfold Silva-???? Faria Morris Cooper S

Although I have made some research about this rally all the reports I know don't bring the co-drivers names. So, these ones, are taken from sources published here in the forum.

Regards
jorge

januszsz
18th January 2007, 14:52
1) Usually they made separate classifications by groups, not a general one, so it's possible that Jean Rolland has won one group and Aaltonen the other.
Regards
jorge
Thank you Jorge for precious answers!
About those separate classifications in Coupe des Alpes you are right they both won their own categories but those British sources differ o/a (overall), category and class classifications. They (books) wrote Aaaltonen 1st o/a and The Motor magazine published overall classification where the winner is Aaltonen and second is Rolland. It looks like UK against France "war".
Warm regards
Janusz

januszsz
18th January 2007, 15:48
3) I think we've discussed it here at it seems that Sardinia Rally has made part of the championship
Regards
jorge
I remember the fact of dicussion on that subject, but it was in "old forum" era. I have no idea how to get into the old forum! Many thanks in advance for wise advice.
Regards
Janusz

FAL
18th January 2007, 17:17
Thank you Jorge for precious answers!
About those separate classifications in Coupe des Alpes you are right they both won their own categories but those British sources differ o/a (overall), category and class classifications. They (books) wrote Aaaltonen 1st o/a and The Motor magazine published overall classification where the winner is Aaltonen and second is Rolland. It looks like UK against France "war".
Warm regards
Janusz

There would have been no official "first overall". As Jorge has said, winners were declared for Touring and GT categories separately (and the most prestigious award/target was a "Coupe" for being clean of road penalties 3 years running). BMC sources refer to Aaltonen "winning" in 63 as if he was 1st O/A. Only comparison of actual times between winners of Touring and GT categories will show who was unofficial "overall winner". Under current law, if BMC advertised Aaltonen as outright winner it would be an offence - but no one would have taken notice then!
It would be further complicated because under the Appendix J that applied to the end of 1965, saloon cars modified beyond the then Group 2 would be classed as Group 3 GT cars. Under the 1966 onwards Appendix J that would not apply and Gp 2 saloons would have to stay "Touring Cars".
Then it appears to get even more complicated because by 1967 the Coupe des Alpes was allowing Group 6 prototypes (Hopkirk "won" in a lightweight Gp 6 Cooper S in 67).
In his new book, Vic Elford mentions that going into the final section in 1966 he had lower penalties (in a Touring car - a Group 2 Lotus Cortina) than the GT leader when his engine went. (It was then he decided to leave Ford at the end of the year). Jean Roland is usually recognised as the 66 winner but I'm not sure whether his Alfa GTA (a car newly homologated for 1966 with lightweight panels etc for the European Touring Car [racing] Championship, replacing the GTV) was in Gp 2 Touring category.
Isn't history complicated?!

januszsz
18th January 2007, 17:38
There would have been no official "first overall". As Jorge has said, winners were declared for Touring and GT categories separately (and the most prestigious award/target was a "Coupe" for being clean of road penalties 3 years running). BMC sources refer to Aaltonen "winning" in 63 as if he was 1st O/A. Only comparison of actual times between winners of Touring and GT categories will show who was unofficial "overall winner". Under current law, if BMC advertised Aaltonen as outright winner it would be an offence - but no one would have taken notice then!
It would be further complicated because under the Appendix J that applied to the end of 1965, saloon cars modified beyond the then Group 2 would be classed as Group 3 GT cars. Under the 1966 onwards Appendix J that would not apply and Gp 2 saloons would have to stay "Touring Cars".
Then it appears to get even more complicated because by 1967 the Coupe des Alpes was allowing Group 6 prototypes (Hopkirk "won" in a lightweight Gp 6 Cooper S in 67).
In his new book, Vic Elford mentions that going into the final section in 1966 he had lower penalties (in a Touring car - a Group 2 Lotus Cortina) than the GT leader when his engine went. (It was then he decided to leave Ford at the end of the year). Jean Roland is usually recognised as the 66 winner but I'm not sure whether his Alfa GTA (a car newly homologated for 1966 with lightweight panels etc for the European Touring Car [racing] Championship, replacing the GTV) was in Gp 2 Touring category.
Isn't history complicated?!
You are right FAL pointing that Coupe des Alpes was a specific event. The goal was to win the Cup. There were two categories and two classifiacations. And it belongs to Coupe des Alpes tradition. But as a round of ERC the rally should point the overall winner. And in fact you can easily find Alpine Rally overall results in newspapers from that period. I don't know how the ERC scoring system looked in 1963, but later in 1966 it was a combination of overall and class points added together. If it (soring system) was alike in 1963 overall classifaction was necessary to calculate properly who is the European Champion.
Regards
Janusz

Kaps
19th January 2007, 00:02
Please, does anyone know the name(s) of the entrant(s) for the Datsun team at 1976 Safari and Acropolis?

Thanks.

jrally
19th January 2007, 13:55
Please, does anyone know the name(s) of the entrant(s) for the Datsun team at 1976 Safari and Acropolis?

Thanks.

As allways D.T.Dobie & Co. for the Safari and N.J.Theoharakis S.A. for Acropolis !

Regards
jorge

Kaps
19th January 2007, 14:35
Thanks mate! I know I've become annoying, I'm sorry, but I really want to sort all this out.

Anyway, only 1977 & 1978 to go. From then on I would need much less help, I believe.

FAL
19th January 2007, 14:55
I don't know how the ERC scoring system looked in 1963, but later in 1966 it was a combination of overall and class points added together. If it (soring system) was alike in 1963 overall classifaction was necessary to calculate properly who is the European Champion.
Regards
Janusz
Yes Janusz, I don't know how it worked then either - except that it must have been heavily biased towards Groups/Classes. 1965 was really the first year I have seen any details of it - Aaltonen finally clinched it on the RAC Rally in 65 and Fall was making his name doing many of the events in a private Group 1 Cooper S to avoid competing directly against the works Gp 2 cars. Then later we have Zasada winning in the smallest car ever!
The French Forum Auto has a thread on the Coupe des Alpes and one regular contributor there seems to have very good knowledge of the event. I'll see if I can compile a question there about results and how official an overall winner was.

Kaps
21st January 2007, 16:15
Please can someone answer these questions from 1977 season:

Number of stages on Monte Carlo,

Number of stages on Swedish,

Number of stages on South Pacific (New Zealand),

Number of stages on Acropolis.

Thank you.

Carles Bosch 2
21st January 2007, 17:46
Please can someone answer these questions from 1977 season:

Number of stages on Monte Carlo,

Number of stages on Swedish,

Number of stages on South Pacific (New Zealand),

Number of stages on Acropolis.

Thank you.

Monte-Carlo, 26
Sweden, 35
South Pacific, 75
Acropolis, 52 (3 of them cancelled)

Carles.

Giorgio
22nd January 2007, 17:27
Someone knows....

5 giugno 1971
Barum Rally
Start: Gottwaldov
Finish: Otrokovicz
km. ????

1. ???? Halmazna - ???? Kostruh (Skoda 1100 MB)

7 giugno 1972
Barum Rally
km. ????

1. Vladimir Hubacek - Vojtech Rieger (Renault Alpine A110 1600)

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

januszsz
22nd January 2007, 22:01
Someone knows....

5 giugno 1971
Barum Rally
km. ????

1. ???? Halmazna - ???? Kostruh (Skoda 1100 MB)

7 giugno 1972
Barum Rally
km. ????

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

4 april 1971
Barum Rally (Event open for no "licenced" drivers = usual drivers, not neccessarily rally-drivers)
Finish: Otrokovice
km. 45
86 starters/86 finishers
1. ???? Halmazna - ???? Kostruh (Skoda 1000 MB)

2-4 June 1972
Barum Rally (CS Championship)
Finish: Otrokovice
km. 610
120 starters/ 26 finishers
2. Oldrich Horsak - Jiri Motal (Skoda 1500 /proto?/)
3. Milan Zid - Jan Soukup (Skoda 120 S Rally)

source: "Barum Rally od doku 1971 po soucastnost" by Pavel Vydra
Regards
Janusz

Kaps
22nd January 2007, 22:18
Monte-Carlo, 26
Sweden, 35
South Pacific, 75
Acropolis, 52 (3 of them cancelled)

Carles.

Thank you Carles!

Kaps
23rd January 2007, 14:34
Does anybody know, in 1977 South Pacific Rally, what was the entrant of Ford Escort for Vatanen-Scott?

Was this the only works Ford on that rally?

Thanks.

kabouter
23rd January 2007, 16:09
I think he was entered by Masport, from the rally programme:
"He will drive an Escort RS1800 Mk II under the Masport colours."

Also Blair Robson was driving for Masport. I'm not sure if these entries rank as official works entries.

FAL
23rd January 2007, 17:16
Graham Robson's (no relation to Blair Robson, I'm sure!) book "The Works Escorts" does not list the 1977 South Pacific Rally as works entries.

Giorgio
23rd January 2007, 20:47
Great, Janusz !! Very Thanks !

Giorgio

Kaps
24th January 2007, 08:03
Graham Robson's (no relation to Blair Robson, I'm sure!) book "The Works Escorts" does not list the 1977 South Pacific Rally as works entries.

How about 1979 Ford's armada(Mikkola, Vatanen, Robson & Donald) all entered by Masport(NZ)Ltd.?
Are they listed as works entries?

FAL
24th January 2007, 11:13
Lists as works results, 1979 Motogard (NZ) Rally, only:
Mikkola (in WTW568S but re-registered in NZ as JB780)
Vatanen (in STW130R but re-registered in NZ as IZ8320)

Sten-Arvid
24th January 2007, 16:59
Someone out there who can help me with this?

Who started with #47 in the rally 1958?
I have the numberplate, but don't know on which swedish car it was mounted.
In that year 302 cars started from different places, but only 36 finished in Monte Carlo! Unfortunately #47 didn't :(

/ S-A

FF-fan
24th January 2007, 17:22
Sten-Arvid, you can try to send an e-mail to [email:2mo0zzy4]contact@col-de-turini.com[/email:2mo0zzy4] <contact@col-de-turini.com> of the "Col du Turini" site. Good luck. :look:

dario
24th January 2007, 17:27
The number 47 in the Monte 1958 was :
D. Weider - SY. Nystrom SAAB , starting from Oslo
Regards
Dario

Sten-Arvid
24th January 2007, 17:55
Thank you DARIO! I´m most grateful!

Yes I thought its must be Dick Weider and Nyström because I got the plate from my since many years gone father and he was the chairman of MK Scandia, the club of Dick Weider and a very good friend of Dicks. Dick Weider was a former speedway-star in 1940 - 1950.

jrally
24th January 2007, 22:10
How about 1979 Ford's armada(Mikkola, Vatanen, Robson & Donald) all entered by Masport(NZ)Ltd.?
Are they listed as works entries?

Vatanen entered by Ford Motor Co. and all the others by Masport (NZ) Ltd.

Regards
jorge

Kaps
24th January 2007, 22:11
Lists as works results, 1979 Motogard (NZ) Rally, only:
Mikkola (in WTW568S but re-registered in NZ as JB780)
Vatanen (in STW130R but re-registered in NZ as IZ8320)

Hm, that's odd, the other two had the same cars (Escort RS 1800), and the same entrant-Masport(NZ)Ltd.
So, what determines that Mikkola & Vatanen are works crews, and Robson & Donald are not?
What I want to say is: was there actually any criterium by which they could be distinguished, or was it purely provisional?

Kaps
24th January 2007, 22:22
Hi jorge, what about 1977 Andruet-"Biche" at Monte and Andruet-Delferrier at Portugal, Acropolis, San Remo and Corse. I believe he was not a part of Fiat's works team. Do you know his entrant on these events?

Also, I believe there was no more official Alpine-Renault team in 1977, so what was the entrant for Frequelin-Delaval at Monte?

Thank you.

FAL
25th January 2007, 10:27
Hm, that's odd, the other two had the same cars (Escort RS 1800), and the same entrant-Masport(NZ)Ltd.
So, what determines that Mikkola & Vatanen are works crews, and Robson & Donald are not?
What I want to say is: was there actually any criterium by which they could be distinguished, or was it purely provisional?

I don't think you can ever decide exactly. G.Robson's criterium is probably whether the cars were works-built and taken there direct from the works team's base. Non-works might be ex-works cars sold some time before or cars assembled locally (even if to full works specification).
You then have the degree of "works" involvement on the actual rally. As an example with the Escort (which, incidently, by 1979 would not be an "RS1800" but the re-homologated Gp4 "Escort RS" - a car that was never actually built as a production car) some of the Sutton/Rothmans appearances were supported by key works people and others were not, but none were officially "works" entries.
A list of works entries that only included those made solely in the name of the factory team might be a bit thin.

jrally
25th January 2007, 13:55
I agree with FAL !
Sometimes you never know if they are official or semi-official drivers or teams and the examples of FAL are correct. Is the Rothmans Ford Rally Team the official team in 81?

Regards
jorge

Kaps
25th January 2007, 14:44
Ok, I know that this particular question is a can of worms and as old as rallying.
Also, I know that in (far too) many cases there are no "correct" answers to whether a car is a "works", "semi-works", "works-supported" or privateer...

I wanted to know what are your feelings on the matter, and as I need to have some sort of criterium for my own records, I think I'll have it like this:

A car entered by manufacturer (for example Team Esso Peugeot), or local importer/dealer (like Marshalls(EA)Ltd. for Safari) would be considered a "works" entry.

All the rest wouldn't.

What do you all think?

Kaps
25th January 2007, 14:48
what about 1977 Andruet-"Biche" at Monte and Andruet-Delferrier at Portugal, Acropolis, San Remo and Corse. I believe he was not a part of Fiat's works team. Do you know his entrant on these events?

Also, I believe there was no more official Alpine-Renault team in 1977, so what was the entrant for Frequelin-Delaval at Monte?

Thank you.

Please, does anyone knows anything about these?

Carles Bosch 2
25th January 2007, 14:54
Please, does anyone knows anything about these?

On the Andruet Fiats, the french magazine "sport auto" says Fiat France.

Carles.

Kaps
25th January 2007, 20:37
Thanks Carles. I suppose this goes for all 5 Andruet's outings in 1977?

jrally
25th January 2007, 22:13
Yes, all the entries by "Fiat France" or "Fiat Automobiles"

Regards
jorge

Josti
26th January 2007, 01:35
Hi jorge, what about 1977 Andruet-"Biche" at Monte and Andruet-Delferrier at Portugal, Acropolis, San Remo and Corse. I believe he was not a part of Fiat's works team. Do you know his entrant on these events?

Thank you.

Sorry, already answered :p :

my mistake..

Kaps
26th January 2007, 20:26
Is it possible that Fiat S.p.A. entered no less than 6 works car on 1977 RAC?!

I have:

Alen-Kivimaki
Bacchelli-Rossetti
Verini-Russo
Lampinen-Andreasson
Makinen-Liddon
Salonen-Markkula

and I believe they're all works crews.

Also, at Criterium de Quebec, Fiat S.p.A. had 5 crews?

Alen-Kivimaki
Lampinen-Andreasson
Makinen-Liddon
Salonen-Markkula
Rohrl-Geistdorfer

Is that correct?

And finally, at San Remo, "Tony"-Mannini were entered by Fiat S.p.A. or ???

FAL
26th January 2007, 20:57
On 77 RAC 4 Fiats were entered as "Olio Fiat" the then name of the works team) but Makinen and Lampinen were entered by "Autonovo OY" (presumably the Finnish Fiat importer). The address given for all the Fiat entries was that of the UK Fiat HQ in Brentford, just west of London.
Follow the money, as they say... but I expect the service for all was co-ordinated.
It was quite normal to have large numbers of the same works cars on the RAC (BMC Cooper S in 1966 - 6?, Ford Escort RS 1979, etc.)

Kaps
26th January 2007, 21:53
Thanks FAL!
Yes, Autonovo OY was entrant of all works Fiats at 1000 Lakes, so it should be Finnish importer.

Do you possibly know the entrants of 1977 RAC for Fords of Waldegard-Thorszeluis, Clark-Pegg, Vatanen-Bryant & Hamalainen-Scott?

I believe these were the 4 works cars.

And for the one of Brookes-Brown the entrant was probably Andrews Heat for Hire?

FAL
26th January 2007, 23:23
Waldegard, Clark, Vatanen "Ford Motor Co." (different sponsors). Hamalainen "Peter Clark Autos Ltd." Brookes "Andrews Heat for Hire".
Those are the entrants - but I think Brookes car in 77 was run by the works (he had bad experiences with works preparation and servicing in 1975 - it cost 3rd place on the RAC - and for 1976 his (originally works-built) cars were prepared and serviced on events by Peter Harrison. For 1977 I believe it was a works run car again.
Peter Clark I belive ran the car for all of Hamalainen's UK programme (originally a works-built car - STW130R on the 77 RAC - we see that number removed from a car for New Zealand later!) (Peter Clark was the driver who went into the Lake on the Woburn stage on the 71 RAC with Tony Mason).

Regarding Fiats - Salonen was Autonovo and Lampinen was Olio Fiat (I wrote the wrong name, despite checking).

FAL
26th January 2007, 23:51
However, a photo exists of the Ford works team arriving at Wembley from Boreham for scrutineering for the 77 RAC with only 3 cars on the low-loader/trailer (Clark, Waldegard, Vatanen). These 3 are probably the only ones to genuinely qualify as "works" for this rally.
Robson lists all the above 5 cars plus Dawson and Hainbach as works cars (not works entries) for the 77 RAC. Andy Dawson had a works car on loan for the 77 UK season, entered by Woolworths but with his own garage as the address. Reinhard Hainbach is listed as a purely private entry with his home address in Germany but I believe he had money from Ford Germany.

Kaps
27th January 2007, 00:36
Thank you so much FAL. Your answers are priceless to me!

And just to finish off 1977 Lombard RAC rally, I wonder what entrants do you have for Toyotas of Mikkola-Hertz & Therier-Vial (I presume they were both entered as "Team Toyota(GB)Ltd."?), and the Opels of Rohrl-Pitz, Carlsson-deJong, Danielsson-Broad & Kullang-Berglund.
I'm not sure if "Opel Euro Handler Team" existed at all in 1977 as an entrant.

FAL, I'd like to know do you have any entrants from other rounds of 1977 world championship, or just from RAC?

Thanks for everything!

FAL
27th January 2007, 12:06
Toyota entrant was "Team Toyota" with the address of Toyota GB. Rorhl and Kullang were "Opel Euro Handler Team" with the address being Russelheim (same entrant of Opels as on 1976 RAC). Carlsson was "Dealer Opel Team Holland" and Danielsson was "Dealer Opel Team" (the UK operation of Tony Fall).
But it gets even more complicated....

The Ford entry of John Taylor/Phil Short was "Haynes of Maidstone" and I think by then they built their own cars (so this is not recorded by Robson as a works-built Ford on this rally) although it would have been serviced partly under the Ford "umbrella".
The contemporary event report refers to 3 works Ford entries only. (Ford in UK were of course also funding the Group 1 RS2000s of Malclom Wilson and Graham Elsmore in addition to the other cars mentioned above).

As for Fiat, the event report refers to 6 works entries, 4 from Olio Fiat "in the blue and yellow colours" and 2 from Autonovo "in the black and white colours of the Chequered Flag".
There was a 7th Fiat actually entered by The Chequered Flag (Garage) for Billy Coleman/Dave Richards. This was an ex-works car that was in the UK throughout 1977 for the Brtish Championship.
BUT... I have now seen a photo of the Lampinen car on the 77 RAC and it is NOT in the Olio Fiat colours but carries "Fiat UK" and "The Chequered Flag". The Lampinen car on the provisional entry list I have was one of the Olio Fiat entries not Autonovo.
There was also of course one Stratos for Munari ("Lancia/Alitalia" but with the address of Lancia England) and I see Lancia attempted to obtain a late entry for Darniche too but this was corrrectly refused as there was already a long list of reserves (this is interesting for me as I co-drove the very last private entry that actually made it into the rally from the reserve list!).

Obviously Fiat UK (and The Chequerd Flag Garage - Graham Warner a dealer that sold the more "sporting" Fiats and Lancias in the UK - were a major source of funding for this large Fiat entry. What I cannot remember is whether Fiat had already won the Manufacturers WRC by the time of the RAC (Waldegard was first drivers champion?). If so, maybe they were going to withdraw all entries and it was only money from Fiat UK that brought them to this RAC?
What I also cannot remember is seeing any of the works cars on the event itself (I was running at the back) and the only magazine photo I can find is the Lampinen one - so I don't know the actual colours of the others.
(and no, I dont have such details for other 77 WRC events - I wasn't entered on them!)

Kaps
27th January 2007, 15:32
Wow, the most interesting read! Thank you so much FAL! Your effort is greatly appreciated.
As for the whole Olio Fiat/Autonovo/Fiat UK/Chequered Flag thing, I've decided to keep Lampinen with Alen, Bacchelli & Verini as "Olio Fiat" and Makinen & Salonen as "Autonovo OY".

And, yes, Fiat actually won the manufacturers' title before the RAC, 'cos Ford took maximum 18 points from it, and Fiat's 6 wasn't counted anyway, 'cos they had previously score 8 better results.
So that makes it all the more weird, to enter 6 cars in a rally, with the title already in the pocket?! Mind you, there was still no Drivers' championship in 1977. There was a FIA Cup for drivers, but I don't think that was really important to Fiat.

Anyway, thank you very much FAL for your help about the RAC. :up:

Soon, I'll move to 1978, so your contribution would probably be needed again, but before that I have some more gaps to fill in from other '77 events.

(jorge are you around?) :D

Kaps
27th January 2007, 15:55
Ok, let's continue then.

Does anybody know :

1.The entrants on 1977 Monte Carlo for:

Zanini-Petisco, Seat 124 D Especial 1800
Canellas-Ferrater, Seat 124 D Especial 1800
Servia-Sabater,Seat 1430/1800
Frequelin-Delaval, Alpine-Renault A310 V6

2.The entrants on 1977 Swedish Rally for:

Mikkola-Hertz, Toyota Corolla
Airikkala-Virtanen, Toyota Celica 2000 GT
Danielsson-Sundberg, Opel Kadett GT/E
Kullang-Berglund, Opel Kadett GT/E

3.The entrants on 1977 Safari Rally for:

Cowan-White, Mitsubishi Colt Lancer
J. Singh-Doig, Mitsubishi Colt Lancer
D. Singh-Bates, Mitsubishi Colt Lancer

4.The entrants on 1977 Rally Acropolis for:

Rohrl-Pitz, Opel Kadett GT/E
"Siroco"-Makrinos, Datsun 160J

5.The entrants on 1977 Rally San Remo for:

Ballestrieri-"Rudy", Opel Kadett GT/E
"Tony" (Fassina)-Mannini, Fiat 131 Abarth
Pregliasco-Reisoli, Lancia Stratos HF

FAL
27th January 2007, 20:15
Soon, I'll move to 1978

...and if you thought Ford was difficult for the 77 RAC.....
I'll try and write down 78 RAC while I have time and while I've just been into the records:
There were no Ford works entries on the 78 RAC - the end!

In the weeks leading up to the 78 RAC, there was a national strike at Ford. The works mechanics had previously joined the trade union and had to strike. The Boreham Competitions Department was picketed along with other Ford sites. Some partially-built cars were removed just before the picketing started and parts were taken out at night (some of the pickets at Boreham were the works mechanics, so they could "look the other way"!).
Officially, entrants were:
Eaton Yale - Waldegard
Eaton Yale - Mikkola
Marlborough - Vatanen
LiLo - Clark
Andrews Heat - Brookes
Haynes of Maidstone - Taylor
Peter Clark Autos - Jean-Pierre Nicholas

3 separate teams ran 2 cars each:
David Sutton Cars - Mikkola and Vatanen
Haynes of Maidstone - Clark and Taylor
Russel Brookes' mechanics, with help - Waldegard and Brookes
These 3 teams were supported on the rally by all the key Ford Boreham team people such as Peter Ashcroft, Alan Wilkinson (about to become famous for his 1979 Monte Carlo tarmac special Escorts), Charles Reynolds and the infamous Mick Jones.

Mikkola's car (that won) was STW200R, removed from the works partly built, finished by Sutton mechanics and re-registered SJN830R to disguise where it had come from. It became STW200R again after the rally.
Vatanen's car, MLD999P was built by Sutton and used as a rally hire car by Sutton after the rally.
Waldegard's car WTW568S was "sold" to Thomas Motors, Blackpool as a partly finished car to get it out of Boreham. It did not go to Blackpool but went to the garage of the private house where chief Boreham mechanic Mick Jones lived. He finished it. After the event it was "sold" back to Ford.
Brookes' partly built car UNY956S was sold to Jeff Churchill. (Brookes was in a factory car for the 78 UK season). It was then loaned to Brookes, who's own team (Peter Harrison etc?) finished it for the RAC and it went to Churchill as a rally hire car afterwards (Churchill was later best known for running a "hire" Escort for Droogmans in the Belgian championship).
The Clark and Taylor cars were built at Haynes of Maidstone, using parts from Ford Boreham and the numbers of the 2 cars Taylor had previously used: OKK380P and SKK625R. I believe it was this "OKK" car that was later used by Tim Brise (brother of F1 driver Tony Brise, who had died in Graham Hill's air crash) to lead the first day of the 1980 RAC on Kleber tyres.

Enough......!

Carles Bosch 2
27th January 2007, 23:52
Ok, let's continue then.

Does anybody know :

1.The entrants on 1977 Monte Carlo for:

Zanini-Petisco, Seat 124 D Especial 1800
Canellas-Ferrater, Seat 124 D Especial 1800
Servia-Sabater,Seat 1430/1800

If memory serves me right...

Zanini & Cañellas were entered by Seat Competición
Servià was entered by the RACC (Reial Automòbil Club de Catalunya)

Carles.

elvis
28th January 2007, 09:27
somebody have ,complet or not ,classification about touquet 1994 &1993 ? (french rally championship)

thanks a lot

Kaps
28th January 2007, 21:00
Thank you Carles. :up:

januszsz
1st February 2007, 07:16
Back to old ERC. Just to make the thread alive.
Missing results:
1965 RACE (Spain) - 4th-10th
1965 Tulip - 7th-10th
1965 Coupe des Alpes - 8th-10th
1965 Munchen-Wienna-Budapest - 7th-10th

1966 Alpenfahrt - 4th-10th
1966 Geneve 10th
1966 Deutschland 6th-10th (co-drivers missing)
1966 Munchen-Wienna-Budapest - 7th-10th

1967 Alpenfahrt - 4th-10th
1967 Vltava alias Moldau 9th-10th
1967 Danube alias Donnau 7th-10th
1967 Coupe des Alpes 7th-10th (overall)

Regards
Janusz

Carles Bosch 2
1st February 2007, 14:56
Back to old ERC. Just to make the thread alive.
Missing results:
1965 RACE (Spain) - 4th-10th
4th, "Runner" (Jaime Juncosa, jr) & "Artemi" (Artemio Eche), Fiat Abarth 1000 TC, #5, 1st Group 1, 1st Class C, 476.289 pts
5th, Abilio Calderón & María Pilar Polanco, Ford Lotus-Cortina, #20, 2nd Group 1, 1st Class E, 472.711 pts

1965 Tulip - 7th-10th
7th, Donald & Erle Morley, Austin-Healey 3000, #4, DRX 257C, 4th GT, 1st in Class
8th, Sobieslaw Zasada & Kazimierz Osinski, Steyr-Puch 650 TR
9th, Giorgio Pianta & Roberto della Morte, Lancia Flavia Coupé Pininfarina
10th, Gilbert Staepelaere & Pascal Ickx, Ford Cortina GT

1965 Coupe des Alpes - 8th-10th
8th, Tony Fall & Mike Wood, BMC Cooper S 1275, #59, CAK 500C, Touring Cat., 0 pts (2h34'33"5)
9th, Bob Neyret & Jean-Pierre Verilhanc, Citroën DS 19, #84, 4966 MV 75, Touring Cat., 60 pts (2h30'40"4)
10th, Roger Clark & Jim Porter, Rover P6 2000, Touring Cat., 60 pts. (2h34'44"0)

1965 Munchen-Wienna-Budapest - 7th-10th
7th, Giorgio Pianta & Luciano Lombardini, Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato, GT Cat., 1st in Class, 2012,8 pts
8th, Kurt Otto & Wolfgang Strehlow or M.K. Zimmermann, Wartburg, Touring Cat.?, 2009,3 pts
9th, N. Schörn & H. Pail, Steyr-Puch, Touring Cat.?, 2005,7 pts
10th, H.? Fuss & A. Wendlinger, Porsche 356C 1600 SC, GT Cat., 1st in Class, 1991,6 pts

1966 Alpenfahrt - 4th-10th
4th, H. Kleint & Gunther KLapproth, Ford Taunus 17 M
5th, E. Buchbauer & Brandsteller, Renault 8 Gordini
6th, Václav Bobek, jr & Vojtech Rieger, Škoda Octavia Super?
7th, H. Klomfart & Ernst Marquart, Volvo 122S B18 Amazon
8th, Dr. Gernot Fischer & Franz Mauerhofer, MGB
9th, Loisl & Antonie Wiener, Glas 1300 GT
10th, Carl Christian Schindler, Sunbeam Tiger?

1966 Geneve 10th

1966 Deutschland 6th-10th (co-drivers missing)
6th, Menehem
7th, Ulrich Hering
8th, Paul
9th, Schutz
10th, Sutter

1966 Munchen-Wienna-Budapest - 7th-10th
7th, M.? Fuss & A. Wendlinger, Porsche 911
8th, Gilbert Staepelaere & André Aerts, Ford Lotus-Cortina
9th, Pat Moss-Carlsson & Elizabeth Nyström, Saab 96 Sport
10th, Walter Pöltinger & R. Hartinger, Porsche 911

1967 Alpenfahrt - 4th-10th
4th, Dieter Lambart & Hans Vogt, Opel Rekord Sprint?
5th, Klaus Reichel & Dr. Peter Pohl, BMW 2000 ti
6th, R.G. Schachinger & M. Stephany, Volvo 122S B18 Amazon, Group 2, 7902,8 pts
7th, Walter Roser & B. Andreiu, Renault 8 Gordini, Group 2, 7943,1 pts
8th, Arne Hallgren & R. Eriksson, Saab 96 V4, Group 2, 754,7 pts
9th, W. Weiner & J. Loos, Citroën DS 21
10th, Loisl Wiener, Glas

1967 Vltava alias Moldau 9th-10th
9th, Franz Galle, Trabant 601, Group 2, 2573 pts

1967 Danube alias Donnau 7th-10th
7th, Joachim Springer, BMW 1600-2, Group 5, 7357 pts
8th, X. Wittig, Alfa Romeo, Group 3, 7521 pts
9th, Gerhard Pöltinger, VW 1500 S, Group 5, 7554 pts
10th, X. Eschey, BMW 2000 ti, Group 5, 7632 pts

1967 Coupe des Alpes 7th-10th (overall)
7th, Bob Neyret & Jacques Terramorsi, Citroën DS 21, #26, 9670 TM 75, 1st Group 1, 20h15'34"1
8th, Jacques Rey & "Fanfan", Porsche 911S, #114, GE-35539, 20h24'16"2
9th, Andrew Cowan & Brian Coyle, Sunbeam Imp, #75, Group 3, 20h49'40"3
10th, Rosemary Smith & Margaret Lowrey, Sunbeam Imp, #83, Group 3, 20h50'38"9

Regards
Janusz

This is what I've found browsing through my database. Please, handle with care...

Carles.

Carles.

januszsz
1st February 2007, 21:54
Many thanks Carles! It was a great delivery! Do you have final points for the following rallies:
RACE 1st-3rd
Coupe des Alpes 1st-7th
M-W-B 1st-6th
Alpenfahrt 1st-5th & 9th-10th
Vltava 1st-8th (were there only 9 finishers, or you know just 9 of them?)
Danube 1st-6th
Coupe des Alpes 1st-6th

Regards
Janusz

Carles Bosch 2
2nd February 2007, 21:38
Many thanks Carles! It was a great delivery! Do you have final points for the following rallies:
RACE 1st-3rd
540.593 pts
516.165 pts
515.609 pts

Coupe des Alpes 1st-7th
0 pt (2h16'09"3)
0 pt (2h16'11"0)
0 pt (2h17'51"7)
0 pt (2h20'43"6)
0 pt (2h27'12"1)
0 pt (2h27'14"4)
0 pt (2h28'40"3)

M-W-B 1st-6th
2070,0 pts (27'42"5)
2070,0 pts (31'04"4)
2043,3 pts (28'54"2)
2043,3 pts (28'54"2)
2036,3 pts
2034,3 pts (30'00"2)

Alpenfahrt 1st-5th & 9th-10th
I've points only for 1st & 2nd:
7378,0 pts
7550,0 pts

Vltava 1st-8th (were there only 9 finishers, or you know just 9 of them?)
No puntuations in my database
There were more finishers, 'though I've only the top-9 & the 11th

Danube 1st-6th
no puntuations in my database

Coupe des Alpes 1st-6th
18h58'14"4
19h08'53"0
19h08'58"9
19h10'03"5
19h40'06"8
19h57'34"1

Regards
Janusz

Carles.

dario
2nd February 2007, 22:10
1967 Alpenfahrt
2.02'58"4
2.03'50"6
2.04'56"3
2.04'58"2
2.07'50"0
2.09'42"8
2.10'23"1
2.10'34"7
2.10'44"7
2.11'14"6

Do you know the driver to 11° to 15° ?
Best regards
Dario

januszsz
3rd February 2007, 10:02
Thank you Carles and Dario!
Asking questions I missed few more classifications:
Vltava (Moldau) - 9th-10th
RACE 4th-10th
Vltava (Moldau) 10th
Munchen-Wienna-Budapest 4th-10th
RACE 4th-10th
Belgique 4th-10th

Regards
Janusz

dario
3rd February 2007, 14:22
1969 Vltava
9° Chlustina - Oeach Skoda 1100 MB
10° Brunclik - Gernat Skoda 1100 MB
RACE
4° R. Jimenez - Segovia Lancia HF
5° "Pedro " - Dejonghe BMW 2002 Ti
6° C. Tuerlinx - Stalpaert Opel Commodore GS
7° JM. Lencina - Caballero Lancia HF
8° K. Simonsen - A. Henriksen Opel Kadett GT
9° . Zapico - Gregorio Renault R8
10° H. Billstram - C. Billstram Opel Kadett
11° Mesia - Saavarada BMW 2002
12° C. De Cos - F. Salas Renault R8
13° Marquez - Eulate Alfa Romeo 1750
14° "Correcaminas" - De Onis Seat 600 D
15° Martin - Nunez Triumph TR 4

1970 Vltava
10° Bold - M. Pomezny Skoda 110 L
MVB
4° A. Warmbold - R. Kec Opel Kadett GT
5° G. Janger - M. Bien Porsche 911
6° W. Roser - Mayer Alpine A110
7° A. Ferjancz- J. Tandari Renault R8
8° Georg Fischer- H. Gottlieb Vw 1302
9° P. Komornicki - B. Krupa Alpine A110
10° J. Bosch - W. Lier VW 1302

RACE
4° Lele Pinto - Kirroy Lancia HF
5° E. Reverter - Pavon Porsche 911
6° G. Staepelaere - A. Aertz Ford Escort
7° J. Ragnotti - P. Thimonier Opel Kadett
8° P. Komornicki - B. Krupa Alpine A110
9° H. Van Dulken - Antolin Renault R8
10° P. Ransilla - Javal Renault R8
11° MC. Beaumont - M. Grandrive Opel Commodore

Best Regards
Dario

januszsz
3rd February 2007, 16:26
Many thanks Dario! I think that 10th in M-W-B'70 was Austian Leopold Bosch not J.Bosch. 9th in the same rally was not P. Komornicki but Krzysztof Komornicki co-driven by Blazej Krupa. (same names in RACE'70).
By the way: do you know (Vltava'67) co-driver to 9th Franz Galle and who was classified in 10th? And I'm pretty sure (Vltava'69) co-driver to Chlustina is misspelled. There is no such Czechoslovak name Oeach. 10th were Oldrich Brunclik and Jan Gernat (Vltava'69).
Warm regards
Janusz

Carles Bosch 2
3rd February 2007, 22:16
And I'm pretty sure (Vltava'69) co-driver to Chlustina is misspelled. There is no such Czechoslovak name Oeach. Janusz

On the Chlustine codriver I've this name: Øehák... of course, I don't know if this is the right spelling or not.

Carles.