PDA

View Full Version : Tracy

Krazy_Knuck
18th March 2008, 18:09
Perhaps this is just a little rant on my part about the merger and the situation so far with Paul Tracy.

I think it will be a terrible dishonor if Tracy can’t find a decent ride for this year. And yes who really understands what Gerry has up his sleeve if he’s holding Tracy’s contract and not fielding a team/car this year.

But what about KV Tech? What does Vasser think about all of this? He and Paul are long time friends and true supporters of CCWS over the years. Now they have Power and Servia driving for then. No loyalty among teams/friends in this sport as it seems. Like him or hate him Tracy been there to support the series. I know he could have had a good ride with NASCAR a few years back had he really want to drive in that series but he stayed true and stuck with CCWS and helped keep it in the spotlight from time to time.

Sure he’s still under contract with Gerry and I guess as long as Gerry keeps paying him there’s not a lot he can do about it unless someone buys it out. It almost seems like Gerry is screwing Paul to screw TG. You would think if that’s what keeping Tracy off the market then someone would step up and make a deal with Gerry. How about a one year deal, with Gerry having right’s to him next year if he decides to come back with his team?

Without Tracy this year then cross me off the Christmas card list as I won’t be supporting IndyCar. OW racing needs to learn that a lot of fans support there favorite driver(s) and without that they just go elsewhere. They also need to understand that oval racing in America is called NASCAR. You can’t compete with that.

Regards,

Krazy Knuck – Long, long time Tracy fan and big CCWS supporter. – End of RANT!

Osiris333
18th March 2008, 20:23
I agree with everything you said. The only thing that was going to make watching the IRL tolerable for me over the two transition years was watching Tracy chew up the track. I might consider taking a second look when they introduce the new engines and chasis in 2010, but by then I may not care anymore either.

If KK or TG don't get Tracy into a decent ride, it just shows how cluless they are. I mean, Oriol Servia, Ed Carpenter and Danica Patrick have rides, and PT doesn't?

Cluless.

Sounds like GF is holding his contract to try and extort more money out of the IRL.

Maybe if you had been smarter with Champ Car, you wouldn't be in this ridiculous position Gerry.

tbyars
18th March 2008, 21:46
I agree with everything you said. The only thing that was going to make watching the IRL tolerable for me over the two transition years was watching Tracy chew up the track. I might consider taking a second look when they introduce the new engines and chasis in 2010, but by then I may not care anymore either.

If KK or TG don't get Tracy into a decent ride, it just shows how cluless they are. I mean, Oriol Servia, Ed Carpenter and Danica Patrick have rides, and PT doesn't?

Cluless.

Sounds like GF is holding his contract to try and extort more money out of the IRL.

Maybe if you had been smarter with Champ Car, you wouldn't be in this ridiculous position Gerry.

I'm just confused at your post.

It's up to KK or TG to get Tracy into a ride for this year. OK, under normal circumstances, I can buy that.

But then you go on to admit that it may well be GF who is holding Tracy's contract to try and extort money form George and the ICS. I don't know if that is true or not, but, if it indeed is true, then I'm not sure I follow why KK or TG's failure to get Tracy into the series is the fault of those two. Are you suggesting TG should simply pay Forsythe's extortion money? Would you? I sure wouldn't if it were my money.

If that is indeed the case, blame the person responsible, not KK or TG. Blame Forsythe. Tracy has already made it more than clear he is ready to go racing in the IRL this year.

CCFan
20th March 2008, 17:40
It's looking more & more to me that Forsythe is now the bad guy in this.

The latest on what Tracy says from AR1 (in part):

...Tracy says he approached a potential sponsor on behalf of Forsythe in the hopes of getting him back on track in 2008.

"I sent them [Forsythe] the details of the proposal, but I didn't get a response for three weeks," Tracy tells the Toronto Star. "Finally I phoned Neil (Micklewright) and he told me Gerry wasn't interested."

So Gerry can't even show Tracy the most basic common courtesy anymore?

keysersoze
20th March 2008, 19:09
With 30+ wins and a championship under his belt, at least he's HAD a career.

I really feel for the ones who came in after Paul, excellent drivers like Alex Barron, Richie Hearn, and Memo Gidley, fellows who did a lot with a little and never got the opportunity Paul has enjoyed.

Or how about drivers who performed extremely well, but never got out of, Atlantics--drivers like Case Montgomery, David Empringham, and Claude Bourbonnais (yes, I know he drove a couple of IRL races).

No, I don't give a toss if PT gets a ride or not.

PTCrash3
20th March 2008, 19:12
I'm just confused at your post.

It's up to KK or TG to get Tracy into a ride for this year. OK, under normal circumstances, I can buy that.

But then you go on to admit that it may well be GF who is holding Tracy's contract to try and extort money form George and the ICS. I don't know if that is true or not, but, if it indeed is true, then I'm not sure I follow why KK or TG's failure to get Tracy into the series is the fault of those two. Are you suggesting TG should simply pay Forsythe's extortion money? Would you? I sure wouldn't if it were my money.

If that is indeed the case, blame the person responsible, not KK or TG. Blame Forsythe. Tracy has already made it more than clear he is ready to go racing in the IRL this year.

I agree, blame Forsythe. But if TG and KK don't think PT brings a legion of fans with them, they're wrong. I can't imagine too many people getting in line to buy Ed Carpenter, Townsend Bell, or Ryan Briscoe replica cars, but then that's me. What do I know?

And running a race in Canada with no Canadian drivers? No PT, no Tagliani, no Patrick Carpentier? Good luck selling that one.

db

PTCrash3
20th March 2008, 19:13
With 30+ wins and a championship under his belt, at least he's HAD a career.

I really feel for the ones who came in after Paul, excellent drivers like Alex Barron, Richie Hearn, and Memo Gidley, fellows who did a lot with a little and never got the opportunity Paul has enjoyed.

Or how about drivers who performed extremely well, but never got out of, Atlantics--drivers like Case Montgomery, David Empringham, and Claude Bourbonnais (yes, I know he drove a couple of IRL races).

No, I don't give a toss if PT gets a ride or not.

So, you admit you're an idiot. Thanks for clarifying that.

flagman
20th March 2008, 20:09
Lets face it, there are not enough spare parts and cars for Tracy to be in the series right now!!! He is washed up. Anyone who thinks TG is gonna pony up for PT has never hear of a burned bridge.

garyshell
20th March 2008, 20:25
Lets face it, there are not enough spare parts and cars for Tracy to be in the series right now!!! He is washed up. Anyone who thinks TG is gonna pony up for PT has never hear of a burned bridge.

Obviously you were not listenting to the press conference when the "merger" or whatever the hell YOU want to call it was announced. "...king George" went out of his way to mention Paul. Do you think that was lip service? I doubt it. He could very easily have said nothing about PT.

Know, "...king George" is not THAT stupid. He knows he wants PT in for at least the coming season if not longer.

Gary

El Sween
20th March 2008, 20:29
26 drivers announced for the season opener. No PT. Man that sucks.

bennybigb
20th March 2008, 20:34
Do you think there is any truth to the Forsythe to ALMS rumors?

If so, do you think that is why Forsythe is holding onto Tracy's contract?

BobGarage
20th March 2008, 20:38

well there is a little truth as in... one of forsythes engineers was at sebring on a "fact finding mission" and got a mention on speeds coverage

Although my personal opinion is that is more a ploy to try and get Tony to pay Forsythe more money to enter PT into the IRL season.

champ car dave
20th March 2008, 21:15
Maybe a reason GF is holding on to PT's contract is to make sure that PT is at LB. Its the only selling point LB would have. If he were to go to an IRL team he would be in Japan most likely. Then who does GF have to market for LB.

I still think it's a a-hole move because it doesn't give PT a chance to earn points.

Osiris333
20th March 2008, 22:07
"I'm just confused at your post"

Try reading it.

"Alex Barron, Richie Hearn, and Memo Gidley, fellows who did a lot with a little never got the opportunity Paul has enjoyed."

Yeah, poor Gidley. Driving for that crap a** Ganassi team is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. You know why none of the guys you listed ever "got the opportunity Paul has enjoyed?" Because none of them was even remotely close to him on the track.

"No, I don't give a toss if PT gets a ride or not."

This is a prime example of why the IRL has no fan base after 12 years.

"He is washed up."

Coming from somebody who apparently watches a series with Danica Patrick, Dan Wheldon, Tony Kannan, Ed Carpenter and Ryan Briscoe in it...well what can I say?

Indycar needs this guy if they expect to get any of the Champ Car fans to watch.

I won't be. Thank god for F-1.

downtowndeco
20th March 2008, 22:19
Indycar needs this guy if they expect to get any of the Champ Car fans to watch.

Some big threat. CC fans were never (supposedly) going to watch anyway. They swore they'd never watch a series owned by TG & swore they'd never watch the ****wagons.

OK. Don't watch.

BTW. I'd love to see Paul in the league. He does have a lot of personality and is still quite the driver. At this point it's pretty much up to GF as to if that's going to happen though.

garyshell
20th March 2008, 22:24
CC fans were never (supposedly) going to watch anyway.

Some of us, not of the ChamoCarFanaticDotCom ilk, will be! <big ol' grin>

Gary

Skid Marx
20th March 2008, 22:50
I agree, blame Forsythe. But if TG and KK don't think PT brings a legion of fans with them, they're wrong. I can't imagine too many people getting in line to buy Ed Carpenter, Townsend Bell, or Ryan Briscoe replica cars, but then that's me. What do I know?

And running a race in Canada with no Canadian drivers? No PT, no Tagliani, no Patrick Carpentier? Good luck selling that one.

db

But, but, but, they've got a Canadian driver - Marty Roth!
Yeah, I know, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BenRoethig
20th March 2008, 23:05

I don't know. Either way, what Forsythe is going is really crummy. PT doesn't want to be in ALMS. Forsythe can do the Captain Ahab routine all he wants with his own team, but holding someone else hostage is inexcusable. Anyone with the slightest bit of honor would release Paul to go do what he wanted if they were going in a different direction.

nanders
20th March 2008, 23:08
Curt Cavin show on http://www.1070thefan.com/listen/ is rumoring that Tracy may have a ride and may be on the show. It's on now. Help these guys get their ratings up.

Osiris333
21st March 2008, 00:02
Can't get on from work. Let us know what is said. Maybe somebody else is interested in the proposal Tracy sent to GF.

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2008, 00:19
The story in today's (March 20) Toronto Sun is not hopeful. PT has no prospects and I am not sure if he has an out clause from Forsythe or not. Rumour I heard was that Vision racing had a spot for PT and he turned it down, but if he is contractually bound with Forsythe then there are complications. The sad thing is that weasel Forsythe went out of his way to keep PT out of NASCAR last summer when they came to Montreal (Kevin Harvick offered him the 33, which he ended up driving himself to victory in) and Gerry played hardball to keep PT under contract, to only kill the CCWS a month later. I wouldn't be surprised if PT doesn't have lawyers looking at a lawsuit for restraint of trade. I know I WOULD......

nanders
21st March 2008, 00:26
Curt Cavin show on http://www.1070thefan.com/listen/ is rumoring that Tracy may have a ride and may be on the show. It's on now. Help these guys get their ratings up.

He's says he has had people from different teams approach him, and he can't get Forsythe to talk to him. He'll be at Long Beach but besides that he doesn't have a car to drive. He also said that he can't go out a seek another team until he is released from his contract.

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2008, 01:12
Paul.....get a LAWYER. RESTRAINT OF TRADE is the way you go after Gerry. Of course...if Paul was on the ball, he would have NOT signed the damned contract...but there he goes trusting a rich man who had treated him well for 5 years.......and now isn't.

keysersoze
21st March 2008, 01:12
"Alex Barron, Richie Hearn, and Memo Gidley, fellows who did a lot with a little never got the opportunity Paul has enjoyed."

Yeah, poor Gidley. Driving for that crap a** Ganassi team is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. You know why none of the guys you listed ever "got the opportunity Paul has enjoyed?" Because none of them was even remotely close to him on the track.

I give you three drivers and all you can come up with is that Gidley drove 2/3 of a season for Ganassi? No mention at all that he outpointed Bruno during their time together, and still got shafted. As I said, bro, he NEVER got Paul's opportunity.

Have any idea why these drivers were not "remotely close" to Paul. Not even remotely close equipment. Barron was with Gurney's team for a season and a half, a handful of races for Coyne, two races with a then-lousy Penske team, and two with Frank Arciero. Paul drove one season with Coyne, then got Penske, Newman-Haas, TKG, and Forsythe.

As I said, nowhere near the opportunity.

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2008, 01:30
Memo had lots of opportunities and didn't always do what people thought he should. Was he screwed? Ya...maybe...Barron and Hearn make similar claims. That said, the reason PT had good rides for years and years because even a blind man could see he was bloody fast. What he did in one RACE with Dale Coyne at Long Beach as a 18 year old kid set him up for life and I don't ever recall Barron, Gidley or Hearn making that same impression. PT is a senior guy now, maybe past his prime.....but he has the personality, the fan base and still enough residual talent to be an asset to any IRL team that was willing to buy the spare parts in bulk. Occasiaonally....Tracy makes a few omlettes and breaks a few eggs...but I still think he has a win or two in him, and I do recall that he is actually a better oval driver than he is a road course guy.

Champcar4life
21st March 2008, 02:52
Paul Tracy once say he wouldn't drive one of those crap wagon and was a strong support of the Champcar series, even if the series didn't support him, but when someone brought up the fact he said he wouldn't drive in the irl, he dodge the question, by give a lame answer to the question,so I guess we all have a price.

garyshell
21st March 2008, 04:28
What you've overlooked is that as long as GF PAYS Tracy he has no cause for action. Unless the contract has some clause requiring an actual race entry, just getting a pay check, whether he drives or not, fullfills the contractural requirement. Now, if Tracy is NOT getting paid, that is a whole different kettle of fish.

Are you sure about that? I don't recall the details but I remember a case in California where someone had a non compete clause that applied while the person was drawing severance pay. The court struck down the non-compete on the grounds that it prevented the person from availing them self of opportunities that would have extended beyond the severance period. I wish I could remember more of the details.

Gary

garyshell
21st March 2008, 04:31
Paul Tracy once say he wouldn't drive one of those crap wagon and was a strong support of the Champcar series, even if the series didn't support him, but when someone brought up the fact he said he wouldn't drive in the irl, he dodge the question, by give a lame answer to the question,so I guess we all have a price.

Or the right to change our minds. Don't look to Paul to fight YOUR fight with the reality that CCWS is no more.

Gary

Dr. Krogshöj
21st March 2008, 08:26

Excuse me, but I think PT said that while Champ Car actually existed. That makes a bit of a difference.

millencolin
21st March 2008, 11:24
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65963

found this article... maybe a grand-am appearance with tags

What i find sad is that 2 of my favourite drivers (that are not Australian) cannot find a ride in this rejuvinated indycar series. Tags wasn;t always a front runner but he was always competitive while Tracy's record speaks for itself. someone give him a ride? a second car for HVM perhaps?

garyshell
21st March 2008, 15:04
A non compete, essentially ending an employer/employee relationship, is not the same thing as a continuing contract for a specified time.

Yes I realize that, the point was that the findings were that by not allowing the employee to "ply their trade" immediately, it reduced their potential value once the severance period ended. I think the same sort of argument could be made here. By benching PT for the duration of his contract and preventing him from driving for anyone else during that time, he damages Paul's worth when the contract DOES expire. Paul possesses a skill that can be clearly shown to require constant practice, honing and development. By denying Paul the opportunity for those things he is damaging Paul's skill and thereby his ability to earn an income latter. I think any lawyer can pretty easily make a case with this argument.

Gary

nigelred5
21st March 2008, 15:47
He signed the contract., however a non-compete clause would require the parties to the contract, specifically the employer is still in the business would it not? If the employer is no longer in the business the competition clause pertains to, is it valid? Forsythe still has a race to run in Long Beach and has to field cars by contract. Also he is still owner of the Atlantic's series and a team in that series.

IMHO, he' throwing a tantrum and being a ***** to spite more than one party until he really gets around to deciding whether or not he wants to continue in racing. I think we can pretty much assume at this point that in exchange for his long term contract in a pretty tight no compete clause prohibits him from driving in ANY series unless GF puts him there.

garyshell
21st March 2008, 16:26
He signed the contract., however a non-compete clause would require the parties to the contract, specifically the employer is still in the business would it not? If the employer is no longer in the business the competition clause pertains to, is it valid? Forsythe still has a race to run in Long Beach and has to field cars by contract. Also he is still owner of the Atlantic's series and a team in that series.

IMHO, he' throwing a tantrum and being a ***** to spite more than one party until he really gets around to deciding whether or not he wants to continue in racing. I think we can pretty much assume at this point that in exchange for his long term contract in a pretty tight no compete clause prohibits him from driving in ANY series unless GF puts him there.

I don't think a non-compete is in play here. I only brought it up in the context of another case where the courts found that the terms of the non-compete damaged the plaintiffs ability to work AFTER the date on the non-compete expired. I think the same MIGHT be true for Paul's contract. If being benched for the next four years would damage Paul's ability to work after the contract is up, I think a case can be made to terminate the contract now or force Gerry into "unbench" Paul for the next four years.

Gary

cartpix
21st March 2008, 16:36
Some big threat. CC fans were never (supposedly) going to watch anyway. They swore they'd never watch a series owned by TG & swore they'd never watch the ****wagons.

OK. Don't watch.

WOW, thanks for the warm welcome. You know, some of us CC fans, that you seem to paint with a very broad brush, watched the IRL, before the merge. It's nice to see there is a snobish elitism going on, in this forum.

Jeff

downtowndeco
21st March 2008, 16:51
WOW, thanks for the warm welcome. You know, some of us CC fans, that you seem to paint with a very broad brush, watched the IRL, before the merge. It's nice to see there is a snobish elitism going on, in this forum.

Jeff

You're correct. I should have said "some CC fans" instead of lumping you all in together.

That being said you can't deny there are a few CC fans that won't be happy short of the IRL going BK & IMS blowing over in a tornado. Sore losers to the grave.

cartpix
21st March 2008, 17:04
You're correct. I should have said "some CC fans" instead of lumping you all in together.

That being said you can't deny there are a few CC fans that won't be happy short of the IRL going BK & IMS blowing over in a tornado. Sore losers to the grave.

Yes, I'll go along with that. Some CC fans are mad because the merge wasn't the CC season with Indy added (with a date change to not conflict with Laguna Seca) & run with DP01s. I'm not one of those. I'm not really a CC fan, I'm a race fan. I'll watch anything with wheels & some without.

Jeff

downtowndeco
21st March 2008, 17:16
Yes, I'll go along with that. Some CC fans are mad because the merge wasn't the CC season with Indy added (with a date change to not conflict with Laguna Seca) & run with DP01s. I'm not one of those. I'm not really a CC fan, I'm a race fan. I'll watch anything with wheels & some without.

Jeff

I'm a race fan as well. Watched almost IRL & CC race the last 15 years. Saw Mario win in person in L.B. Saw Eddie Hill's Top Fuel blowover at Pomona on a Thursday afteroon. I was at Fontana when Jimmy Johnson won his first Cup race & I've stood in 5 degree weather to watch snowmobile racing in Northern Wisconsin.

In any case, sorry for lumping all CC fans together. A few of them give you (and all motorsports IMO) a black eye.

Cheers.

Champcar4life
21st March 2008, 23:42
Or the right to change our minds. Don't look to Paul to fight YOUR fight with the reality that CCWS is no more.

Gary

First, second and third I know CCWS is gone and last this is what Paul say I was just quoting it,so this wasn't an issue of getting him to fight a fight for me, or for Champcar for that matter, but in racing, or any other business money does talk, just look at Dan the wonder boy he say he was happy at AGR,but the next season he was with another team.

IWUTitan90
21st March 2008, 23:49
A non compete, essentially ending an employer/employee relationship, is not the same thing as a continuing contract for a specified time.

Starter, did the contract not end when not only the series which Tracy drove in, but also the team itself, closed shop? How can one be an employee of something that no longer exists?

nigelred5
22nd March 2008, 01:29
Starter, did the contract not end when not only the series which Tracy drove in, but also the team itself, closed shop? How can one be an employee of something that no longer exists?

However do we know who the contract is actually with? Forsythe Racing Technology and Forsythe Championship Racing do still exist from what I read and from what has been said by the few people on here that I believe have some connection with FCR, they are still employed aren't they? They only said that they are NOT taking the IRL cash and cars and competing in the IRL/ICS. They ARE still a Champcar team at least until after Long Beach. Waht happens after that, I'm not sure even GF knows right now. If GF decides FCR is going to compete in Soapbox derbys and PT has a contract, then I suspect that is where he is leagally obliged to grab a wheel and cinch down the straps. Apparently it's pretty tight and GF has made no bones about enforcing the contract.

grungex
22nd March 2008, 03:27
Apparently it's pretty tight and GF has made no bones about enforcing the contract.

I don't think Jerry has said a single word about Paul or his contract, nor has anyone here seen said contract, so the above can only be your conjecture. The only person that has said anything publicly is PT, and we all know the saying about three sides to every story...

garyshell
22nd March 2008, 05:50

Gary

First, second and third I know CCWS is gone and last this is what Paul say I was just quoting it,so this wasn't an issue of getting him to fight a fight for me, or for Champcar for that matter, but in racing, or any other business money does talk, just look at Dan the wonder boy he say he was happy at AGR,but the next season he was with another team.

No, you were not JUST quoting. You were quoting AND editorializing that Paul must "have a price". I took exception to the eidtorial part by saying there may be something besides Paul having a price, namely it may be as simple as Paul changed his mind. If money was the ONLY factor he could just wait out the remaining four years of his contract and take Gerry's money. But clearly Paul wants to drive. Where is Paul selling out for money by wanting to drive???

Gary

garyshell
22nd March 2008, 05:52

Speculation is that Paul may not be under contract to the now defunct team. He maybe under contract directly to Gerry. Notice that the first word of that sentence is speculation. Paul has not revealed the t's and c's of his contract to anyone in the press to date.

Gary

tbyars
22nd March 2008, 06:36
Speculation is that Paul may not be under contract to the now defunct team. He maybe under contract directly to Gerry. Notice that the first word of that sentence is speculation. Paul has not revealed the t's and c's of his contract to anyone in the press to date.

Gary

Although, Gary, I might also point out that there was a poster here just the other day who chastized you severly because it was supposedly 'common knowledge and had been reported in the racing press that PT's contract was, indeed, a personal contract to GF,' and you didn't seem to know that.

Sounds like you can't win to me! ;)

RJL25
22nd March 2008, 07:18
to all of you guys who are saying that they aren't gonna watch the series, dont you see that its you, and only you, who are going to miss out by doing this? Anybody with half a brain could see that this is the only logical way forward for open wheel racing in the US to have any chance of getting back to where it was, if you aren't gonna watch then seriously that is your problem and your problem only. Your gonna miss out BIG TIME!

I really feel sorry for you that your minds are so small that you cannot accept change and cannot accept that this had to happen, yes their are casualties such as PT, but blame forsythe for that because its his fault, don't go holding it against the series just because one guy is too pig headed to join the new series even though we all know damn well forsythe could have a car on the grid if he really wanted to.

AND THIS POST IS WRITTEN BY A LONG STANDING CHAMPCAR FAN! To all my fellow champcar die hards, guys ya just have to move on! whats done is done, ya can't keep watching your old DVD's from the CART days forever.... the world has moved on, and the new world is the Indycar Series

jimispeed
22nd March 2008, 10:25
to all of you guys who are saying that they aren't gonna watch the series, dont you see that its you, and only you, who are going to miss out by doing this? Anybody with half a brain could see that this is the only logical way forward for open wheel racing in the US to have any chance of getting back to where it was, if you aren't gonna watch then seriously that is your problem and your problem only. Your gonna miss out BIG TIME!

I really feel sorry for you that your minds are so small that you cannot accept change and cannot accept that this had to happen, yes their are casualties such as PT, but blame forsythe for that because its his fault, don't go holding it against the series just because one guy is too pig headed to join the new series even though we all know damn well forsythe could have a car on the grid if he really wanted to.

AND THIS POST IS WRITTEN BY A LONG STANDING CHAMPCAR FAN! To all my fellow champcar die hards, guys ya just have to move on! whats done is done, ya can't keep watching your old DVD's from the CART days forever.... the world has moved on, and the new world is the Indycar Series

I for one will try to watch Indycar, since it is the only American series that remains.

But, I won't spend my hard earned dollar to experience what Indycar offers at the moment.

I will complain about what I believe could be improved on, and I will try to make sure that TG will embrace Champcars' heritage and include it as a part of Indycar!!

I personally hope that Indycar will be in my blood as much as Champcar was since 1979. And, I'll do my best to make sure I get the performance and competition that I and my fellow fans deserve to see!!

nanders
22nd March 2008, 14:36
Although, Gary, I might also point out that there was a poster here just the other day who chastized you severly because it was supposedly 'common knowledge and had been reported in the racing press that PT's contract was, indeed, a personal contract to GF,' and you didn't seem to know that.

I read that to, "personal service agreement," but thought he was speculating. But it makes sense observing how this thing is shaking out.

nanders
22nd March 2008, 15:03
to all of you guys who are saying that they aren't gonna watch the series, dont you see that its you, and only you, who are going to miss out by doing this?

Agreed, I'm 55 and have been an IndyCART fan all my life. I like most, lined up behind CART at the split. But now after the events of the last 4 years, it has become obvious, that from a business perspective, the teams need to combine if they are going to have a chance at pulling dollars into their teams, that now go to that other series. AOWR is in desperate straights folks. This is the only thing that makes sense ... even though it's not ideal for ultra hardcore CCWS fans.

Anybody with half a brain could see that this is the only logical way forward for open wheel racing in the US to have any chance of getting back to where it was, if you aren't gonna watch then seriously that is your problem and your problem only. Your gonna miss out BIG TIME!

"Anybody with half a brain" sounds like a personal attack, try saying "I'd like to help you to a more enlightened vision while IndyCar retools too tackle it's challenges." :p

I really feel sorry for you that your minds are so small that you cannot accept change and cannot accept that this had to happen,

Ouch!, or, "a more broad perspective and understanding of the fundamental problems IndyCar faces, with a renewed strong fan commitment to AOWR will have a better affect on the result." :D

garyshell
22nd March 2008, 20:07

Taking note of today's date I guess it must be my cross to bear. <big ol' grin>

Gary

garyshell
22nd March 2008, 20:15
I for one will try to watch Indycar, since it is the only American series that remains.

But, I won't spend my hard earned dollar to experience what Indycar offers at the moment.

I will complain about what I believe could be improved on, and I will try to make sure that TG will embrace Champcars' heritage and include it as a part of Indycar!!

I personally hope that Indycar will be in my blood as much as Champcar was since 1979. And, I'll do my best to make sure I get the performance and competition that I and my fellow fans deserve to see!!

Jimi,

How many times do we have to read this??? Complain if you want, but take it where it will matter. You can complain here and it won't do any good. No on here can make any of the changes you want. Call the offices at 16th and Georgetown and give them an earfull. But spare us. I am sorry, but we really could care less if you watch or go to the track or not. It is your loss not ours.

Your "get everybody together' message was pathetic. I was excited when I read the title. Then I opened it up and say the almost exact same verbage as above. There is nothing there that in any way attempts to bring folks together. It's unfortunately just more of the same old rhertoric. The war is over, move on and put it behind you.

Gary

garyshell
22nd March 2008, 20:30
"Anybody with half a brain" sounds like a personal attack, try saying "I'd like to help you to a more enlightened vision while IndyCar retools too tackle it's challenges." :p

Ouch!, or, "a more broad perspective and understanding of the fundamental problems IndyCar faces, with a renewed strong fan commitment to AOWR will have a better affect on the result." :D

Nanders, thanks for setting me up so nicely so that I can deliver this little missive.

<George Carlin voice mode on>
Awww, screw all that politically correct malarkey. Folks the war is over, so just get the hell over it all ready. If you can't get past it, then go away and don't let the door hit you in the buttukus on the way out. There are plenty of other places where the deniers gather to wring their hands and cry in their beer. This isn't one of them. Lest you need reminding, take a look at the title of this forum. It doesn't have a word in it about ChampCar or CART any more. Nope kids, it reads "Indycar". That is just harsh reality 101.

Yeah the car may be ugly, yeah it may not sound as sweet. But it's all we have. You can either accept that fact or piss in the wind it's your choice, because there really and truly is no third choice. If you believe that coming here and telling "...king George" that he must do this or he must do that or you are not going to do x, y or z will have ANY effect, then your are Cleopatra queen of denial. :s mokin:

<George Carlin voice mode off>

Gary

EagleEye
22nd March 2008, 20:42
"I'm just confused at your post"

Try reading it.

"No, I don't give a toss if PT gets a ride or not."

This is a prime example of why the IRL has no fan base after 12 years.

"He is washed up."

Coming from somebody who apparently watches a series with Danica Patrick, Dan Wheldon, Tony Kannan, Ed Carpenter and Ryan Briscoe in it...well what can I say?

Gidley never had ANY off season testing. EVER.

Yet, when he was put in the Target car, he led the most laps on ovals, out pointed many of the drivers, including PT, for points/races run.

Given a real chance (off season testing) may believe he could have been a series champ.

IWUTitan90
22nd March 2008, 21:24

Gary

On a lighter note then, so if Gerry deems, Paul may have to don a little black hat at see Mrs. Forsythe off to the "Piggly Wiggly"? :D

Honestly, I have to believe there is way more to this than we would like to believe, OR something has already been detemined and it's PTs way of staying in the media. Exactly how hard, in this day and age, is it to "get ahold" of someone? Telephone, cell phone, webcam, fax, e-mail, for all he seems to be doing anyway, he could drive to Gerry's house, Indeck offices, Forsythe Racing shop. The man can't be that reclusive. We shall see, I guess.