PDA

View Full Version : How much?!

PuddleJumper
17th March 2008, 21:56
Just been speaking with a mate on the phone. He was out drinking in Manchester on Saturday evening after a meal out with some friends. They went into a bar where they were serving drinks he described as "champagne with a sugar cube and something else in". He'd had one of these drinks before - on New Year's Eve, when they were being given out for free - and recalling that they were nice suggested each of his friends had one. One was driving, so declined, as did another who was sticking to Guinness, so the round included 3 of these said drinks, a Guinness and half a lemonade. My mate got his wallet out to pay but his friend said he would get them.

His jaw hit the floor when the barman said, "That'll be £39, please".

They had to come home after that because they ran out of drinking money. :p :

RichardM
17th March 2008, 22:15
I didn't know Guinness was that expensive.

Drew
17th March 2008, 22:28
I bought a friend an Irish car bomb in Berlin for €10 and I thought that was bad enough!

leopard
18th March 2008, 07:06
Certain people wouldn't mind to cash down $100, an acceptable amount only for a short glass of self-made beverage from a famous bartender.
I think it's more about prestige, satisfaction or anything as such rather than the taste of the beverage itself.

Personally, I think it worth more to buy 4 full-tanks of gasoline and driving around the city. :)

Mark
18th March 2008, 07:36
No no no, you've got it all wrong. Drink is far too cheap, we need to be taxed more so it's more expensive, haven't you been listening?

leopard
18th March 2008, 07:44
Yeah, the bill said tax inclusive.

Spoonbender
18th March 2008, 11:00
It's only the people on benefits who can afford to go out for a drink these days, and I mean during the day, while we're all working (somink aint right?)

BDunnell
18th March 2008, 11:22
One of the free rags this morning reported that spending the evening buying recreational drugs is often cheaper than a night in the pub.

maxu05
18th March 2008, 11:55
Beer has gone up in price here too, I pay an extra 5 jiao per bottle these days,
(that is about 5 cents US), so now I must fork out 44 cents per 750ml bottle of beer :D :beer:

Daniel
18th March 2008, 12:10
It's only the people on benefits who can afford to go out for a drink these days, and I mean during the day, while we're all working (somink aint right?)
Have you been reading the Daily Moan of the Sun again?

Spoonbender
18th March 2008, 12:25
Have you been reading the Daily Moan of the Sun again?

He he, is it that obvious. Actually I've been looking at the following website, it's quite an eye-opener. I'm thinking of giving up work through depression, fancy being my carer, we could probably clear £25,000 each with a free house to boot :)

http://www.derbygripe.co.uk/scrounge.htm

Drew
21st March 2008, 22:39
Derby Gripe, clearly a positive newspaper aiming for high things in the Derby area then? :p :

BDunnell
21st March 2008, 22:51
Derby Gripe, clearly a positive newspaper aiming for high things in the Derby area then? :p :

:laugh:

I salute benefit fraudsters everywhere, merely for being able to get through filling out all the forms. That shows commitment.