PDA

View Full Version : how many booked in

rob908
16th March 2008, 19:26
hi all does any one know how many cars are on the line up as it's only a few weeks away

racing69
17th March 2008, 23:45
Two confirmed (Rob Compton and Steve Hobday).

I think Colin White might run two cars.

Duncan Gray might run himself plus one other if Team Networking have funding and Revolution Racing x3 cars subject to funding.

The switch to road courses was meant to generate more interest, but seems a number of drivers only want to run ovals, such as John Steward.

racing59
18th March 2008, 05:41
There are six on the list to date.
Me (subject to getting the car rebuilt!), Steve, Colin x 2, Tony Hurdle, #99 car (driver TBC).

Others are waiting on the results of Colin's testing. (you can include Shane on that list).

Duncan's got other issues that are more important than motor racing at the moment, so unless someone appears with a pot of gold, he won't be out at Snetterton.

The switch to road courses was a lesser of two evils. The other one being "pack up and go home". Adding road courses to a programme of oval races would have generated interest from people that didn't want to do a purely oval formula. But we didn't get any oval dates, so that's that. There are different people interested in joining us, but much of it is based on "seeing how we get on".

There was also an issue with the National A licence grade, though that has stayed with us, and from a MSA point of view - our cars are not for the novice, hence it has to stay.

Rob.

acorn
18th March 2008, 11:17
There was also an issue with the National A licence grade, though that has stayed with us, and from a MSA point of view - our cars are not for the novice, hence it has to stay.

Rob.

So, if you've got to have a National A license will you still be moving to restrictor plate and if so why?

Duane
18th March 2008, 21:41
No Restrictor plates, so 460 bhp but silenced to under 105 db.......

Colin has just confirmed Testing at Lydden on Friday

Duane

The Pits!
19th March 2008, 21:29
The switch to road courses was meant to generate more interest, but seems a number of drivers only want to run ovals, such as John Steward.

Which is very disappointing, as no-one wants to see the series die, but surely should have come as no surprise?

bravheart
20th March 2008, 22:30
I can confirm that i am very close to fianalising a deal with a New driver to both Team Networking & the VSR V8 Trophy series for 2008!

an Official announcement will be posted soon!

On another positive note, Team Networking have been in talks with a number of new drivers who have shown an interest in driving the V8's in 2008! these include drivers from, Formula Three, British GT, Brit Car and Various Saloon catageories.

JovialJooles
20th March 2008, 23:06
Thanks for the info Duncan. It all sounds very positive. :)

Sticker Rub
22nd March 2008, 15:12
Colin has just confirmed Testing at Lydden on Friday

Any news on testing yesterday?

racing59
22nd March 2008, 21:09
It was cold in Kent.

For a first-off test it went well. Colin managed to lap within 1/2sec of Steve Dance, which is going some - considering the Pickup road course setup is well known, pretty well honed, and the Pickup is smaller more nimble. The ASCAR road course setup is pretty well "lick finger, stick it in the air" at the moment. A lot has changed since 2001 when the initial tests were done. Different tyres for one thing.

A few issues highlighted - brakes being one of them. But they're well known, and we'll be trying some solutions over the coming weeks.

Rob.

deadsquirrel
23rd March 2008, 14:20
I can confirm that i am very close to fianalising a deal with a New driver to both Team Networking & the VSR V8 Trophy series for 2008!

an Official announcement will be posted soon!

looking forward to it! ;)

Duane
27th March 2008, 23:13
The "LOW" down on Sunday is for only 3 of our V8's to be out, due to a number of reasons we are left with Colin, Tony and a still to be announced driver in the #99 car.

As for a number of other drivers and cars time has slipped away for them and although both CWS and Revolution are going to be there at this earler than usual date we know that cars and drivers are standing in line to come out by Lydden.

The rest of the VSR field should see us in double figures and with some of thier cars in the same position as ours once we all come together there will be a 20+ grid.

Time for a brave new world !!!!

Duane

The Pits!
27th March 2008, 23:19
Time for a brave new world !!!!

shouldn't that be "Let's pray that 2008 IS a brave new world"?

I want to get back to the Rock in 2009 to see proper racing!

Duane
27th March 2008, 23:22
mmmm, i will restrain from answring that......oh i just did !!!

quorky
28th March 2008, 08:04
better get the wets out for the weekend

racing59
28th March 2008, 10:58
Stop talking D1RTy!!

quorky
28th March 2008, 11:40
and very steamy inside

racing59
28th March 2008, 14:09
you've been watching those channels that start 99x on Sky again, haven't you!

Tractorboy.
28th March 2008, 17:33
you've been watching those channels that start 99x on Sky again, haven't you!

Stop knattering on the forum and get out there and get your car put together!!!!

quorky
28th March 2008, 19:18
ack at him .me cars all dun waiting for an oval

The Pits!
28th March 2008, 19:57
better get the wets out for the weekend
ASCAR/SCSA/'whatever'

"Don't Do Rain"

Well, they never managed it at Rockingham, even though the rules allowed.

racing59
29th March 2008, 08:50
Where there's a will, there's a way.
Had we been on the oval this year, we would have run in the wet. A wet tyre/restrictor package had been sorted.

You obviously are not reading the same script as the rest of us. Please try to keep up.

Gasman#99
29th March 2008, 12:43
must admit the #99 does look weird with a wiper on it, but i do love the brake lights we have fitted.

The Pits!
29th March 2008, 12:49
Where there's a will, there's a way.
Had we been on the oval this year, we would have run in the wet. A wet tyre/restrictor package had been sorted. of course you would say that now you're not there - anyway you had to for this year for the road circuits. My point was that the rules had allowed for wet Oval races for years - but it never happened. Hopefully next year when we all back at the Rock and it rains, you'll still race.

You obviously are not reading the same script as the rest of us. Please try to keep up. I'm trying to :)

racing59
29th March 2008, 17:26
must admit the #99 does look weird with a wiper on it, but i do love the brake lights we have fitted.

Glad you like them!

Have you set the rain light as a flasher or steady?

Gasman#99
29th March 2008, 22:16
Glad you like them!

Have you set the rain light as a flasher or steady?
flasher!!

bravheart
30th March 2008, 09:45
flasher!!

I Knew That!!! He! He! Duane told us!