PDA

View Full Version : Edumacashun

Azumanga Davo
14th March 2008, 02:10
Had a mechanic come up and ask me if K was after I in the alphabet... :p :

I told him it was in the vicinity of J, so off he went looking rather thoughtful.

Anyone else come across a lack of intelligence (bar those that actually occur in Vista/IE threads? ;) )

gadjo_dilo
14th March 2008, 08:19
I was witness at a stupid scene when a guy got on a tram and asked the driver : Is this tram going to the end station? The driver asked : Which end station? and the passenger said after a long thought: At its end station.

gadjo_dilo
14th March 2008, 11:11
I was witness at a stupid scene when a guy got on a tram and asked the driver : Is this tram going to the end station? The driver asked : Which end station? and the passenger said after a long thought: At its end station.

Oops. Correction as I missed a reply:
Passenger: Is this tram going to the end station?
Driver: Yes
Passeger: Which end station?
Driver (after a long thought): At its end station

MrJan
14th March 2008, 13:31
I had a bloke argue with me about how to pronounce my name. I say Yeo as in Yeo Valley and Yeovil but apparently it's different when it's a surname :confused: Good thing the bloke stood his ground because my family have been using the wrong pronunciation for years. Phew!! ;) :p : So now I know that it's Yee-o not the stupid way I've been saying, how stupid do I feel. :D

slinkster
14th March 2008, 13:43
We get some crackers in the shop I work in. I had a lady point to the price sticker on something once and say "is that the price? It's not going to be higher or lower than that?" ... of course I smiled and said "Yes, that's the actual price", like it was a perfectly reasonable question but inside I was thinking "WTF?" :mark:

Daniel
14th March 2008, 14:28
I had a bloke argue with me about how to pronounce my name. I say Yeo as in Yeo Valley and Yeovil but apparently it's different when it's a surname. Good thing the bloke stood his ground because my family have been using the wrong pronunciation for years. Phew!! ;) :p : So now I know that it's Yee-o not the stupid way I've been saying, how stupid do I feel. :D
What a fool :) My university lecturer was a Yeo as in Yo not Yee-o :)

Azumanga Davo
14th March 2008, 14:44
We get some crackers in the shop I work in. I had a lady point to the price sticker on something once and say "is that the price? It's not going to be higher or lower than that?" ... of course I smiled and said "Yes, that's the actual price", like it was a perfectly reasonable question but inside I was thinking "WTF?" :mark:

Should have slapped an extra 10p on them and then "blame it on inflation, luv." :D

Firstgear
14th March 2008, 15:08
My wife asked me a few weeks ago (she was making chili or something), "What's heavier, a pound of dried beans or a pound of soaked beans?"

She couldn't understand why I started laughing. The next day I told her mother what "her daughter" had asked me. She looked straight at my wife and said,"What's the matter with you. Of course a pound of soaked ones are heavier!"

Shows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Sleeper
15th March 2008, 15:19
I work part time in a local pound shop, the number of times I've had people ask me "How much is this" is unbelievable. Read the bloody signs, they're only up all over the shop. :rolleyes:

Daniel
15th March 2008, 15:22
I work part time in a local pound shop, the number of times I've had people ask me "How much is this" is unbelievable. Read the bloody signs, they're only up all over the shop. :rolleyes:
I thought they were called pound shops because you pound people mercilessly to death if they ask prices. Or perhaps that's just me :)

Azumanga Davo
16th March 2008, 07:45

Like that bit in Purely Belter. :D

At Whiteman Park today for a classic car show, and decide to take a quick tram ride to pass the time there. To be confronted with the sight of kids playing on the line. And the parents ignoring it for the most part.

Survival of the fittest in action...

Drew
16th March 2008, 12:01
I don't need no education :)

Azumanga Davo
16th March 2008, 13:26
I don't need no education :)

As your signature suggested... :D

Azumanga Davo
17th March 2008, 12:00
Oooh, oooh, another one. :D

If you happen to own a mining truck or excavator, make sure you use "K'omatsu Guenuine Parts".

You read that right, it's on their stickers on the parts boxes. :p :

Mark
17th March 2008, 12:03
They are probably made in Birtley which explains that ;)

BDunnell
17th March 2008, 12:30
I was once asked by someone in a pub to help them read a train timetable because, as they put it, they didn't know 'the 100-hour clock'.

Daniel
17th March 2008, 12:31
I was once asked by someone in a pub to help them read a train timetable because, as they put it, they didn't know 'the 100-hour clock'.
I don't know the 100 hour clock :p

Drew
17th March 2008, 14:17

They use that in Europe, don't they? I ain't changing to that clock, it's political correctness gone mad!

BDunnell
17th March 2008, 18:49

That was the comment of my mate who was with me!

Drew, it's nice to see someone else daring to speak out in favour of the oppressed 24-hour clock-using minority.

Mark
18th March 2008, 07:37
It's just like metric tho isn't it, we've got it if we like it or not, so we end up having to use both systems. Why not just pick one? :p

martinbalmer
18th March 2008, 07:52
My wife asked me a few weeks ago (she was making chili or something), "What's heavier, a pound of dried beans or a pound of soaked beans?"

She couldn't understand why I started laughing. The next day I told her mother what "her daughter" had asked me. She looked straight at my wife and said,"What's the matter with you. Of course a pound of soaked ones are heavier!"

Shows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Maybe they were weighed before they'd been soaked :p :

Azumanga Davo
18th March 2008, 08:08

You must miss a lot of overtime opportunities that way. :D