PDA

View Full Version : Kimi Gone Wild!

Tazio
13th March 2008, 14:15
At his first grand prix as reigning world champion, Kimi Raikkonen strolled the Melbourne paddock on Thursday with a huge new tattoo in plain sight.

Having gone over his small 'smiley' tattoo on his right arm with a big black patterned affair one year ago, the 28-year-old Finn's short sleeves on Thursday revealed a new tattoo on the inside of his left forearm.

In big black lettering, it predictably reads 'Iceman'.

Also at Albert Park on Thursday, Ferrari driver Raikkonen posed with the supergroup Kiss, who will play after the race on Sunday night
http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=9557
I don't think Ron would have aproved such crude behavior!!

Sleeper
13th March 2008, 15:41
Its a tatoo, so what?

JasonD
13th March 2008, 16:02
http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=9557I don't think Ron would have aproved such crude behavior!!

Crude? what are you talking about? The guy got some new ink, good on him.

Now if he got one on his a$$ and walked down the grid with his pants down that would be a different story.

Tazio
13th March 2008, 16:18
Personally I think it is way cool! I think hanging with KISS is a photo op.
Don't care much for them, or Simmons! I think if he was still driving For Ron This form of self expresion would be frowned upon! It would be a real slap in the face to Ron if KIMI had cospicuosly had a tat of "The Prancing Stalion" next to the Huge Tat reading
"ICEMAN 2008WDCWCC World CHAMPION GET THE STICK OUT OF YOUR @$$ RON" ................That all!

Dave B
13th March 2008, 17:05
F1 driver has personality - shock horror! :p

Fair play to him, it's not as if his tattoo's offensive in any way.

Tazio
13th March 2008, 17:22

Its a tatoo, so what?

Now if he got one on his a$$ and walked down the grid with his pants down that would be a different story.F1 driver has personality - shock horror!

Fair play to him, it's not as if his tattoo's offensive in any way

I think if he was still driving For Ron This form of self expresion would be frowned upon! It would be a real slap in the face to Ron if KIMI had cospicuosly had a tat of "The Prancing Stalion" next to the Huge Tat reading
"ICEMAN 2008WDCWCC World CHAMPION GET THE STICK OUT OF YOUR @$$ RON" ................That all!What part of this post does anyone misconstrue as me directing a negative comment in the direction of, or about Kimi? (Get the sticks out of your @SS')
OK? Thanks!

F1boat
13th March 2008, 20:49
Who cares about what Ron would say or would not say?

PSfan
13th March 2008, 20:59

What part of this post does anyone misconstrue as me directing a negative comment in the direction of, or about Kimi? (Get the sticks out of your @SS')
OK? Thanks!

Um who posted this?

I don't think Ron would have aproved such crude behavior!!

Seems that you planted the "crude" seed in the very first post...

Now to find a pic of Kimi and Kiss... wanna see if he comes off nearly as short as Lewis did... :p :

Tazio
13th March 2008, 21:23
Who cares about what Ron would say or would not say?Those who are under contract to him!!!!!!!

JasonD
13th March 2008, 21:32

Its a tatoo, so what?

Now if he got one on his a$$ and walked down the grid with his pants down that would be a different story.F1 driver has personality - shock horror!

What part of this post does anyone misconstrue as me directing a negative comment in the direction of, or about Kimi? (Get the sticks out of your @SS')
OK? Thanks!

Ummm, read your first post. :rolleyes:

Tazio
13th March 2008, 21:54
Ummm, read your first post. :rolleyes:
Subtle humor flew way over your head!
Obviously Kimi Couldn't give a $h!+ what Ron thinks now.
In the recent past Ron has said that his drivers shouldn't even have an
alcoholic beverage during the season.
So I figured by associating Ron in that comment that evolved monkeys
would be able to make the connection!

Hawkmoon
13th March 2008, 22:32
I think the point that Tazio was trying to make is that Ron would see the tattoos as crude and wouldn't approve, not that he himself sees it that way.

I agree. Dennis wouls have shat blue lights at huge tattoos but Ferrari seem OK with it. Maybe that's why Kimi's enjoying himself again?

Tazio
13th March 2008, 22:40
I think the point that Tazio was trying to make is that Ron would see the tattoos as crude and wouldn't approve, not that he himself sees it that way.

I agree. Dennis wouls have shat blue lights at huge tattoos but Ferrari seem OK with it. Maybe that's why Kimi's enjoying himself again?
THAT'S A BIG TEN FOUR ;)

PSfan
13th March 2008, 23:07

Its a tatoo, so what?

OK? Thanks!

So I guess it is now safe to assume that since the "crude behaviour" suggestion in your original post isn't in relation to the tattoo, but Kimi hanging out with Kiss, I guess you are wrong about what Ron would think about such "crude bahavior" seeing as we have that "caption compition" with Hamilton hanging with Kiss as well

PSfan
13th March 2008, 23:19

"I don't think Ron would have aproved such crude behavior!!" with this statement it is Tazio who is describing the tattoo and hanging with Kiss as "crude bahavior" and implies the he thinks Ron would agree with him.

Seeing as Hamilton was also hanging with Kiss, and that last year when Kimi showed up with a new tattoo, a few images of MacLeran mechanics with much larger tattoo's exposed, combined with the fact that Kimi's reputation for his alcohol consumption came while driving for MacLeran suggests that Ron's objection to these activities are overstated.

THAT'S A BIG TEN FOUR

Seeing as I didn't find much humour in Hawkmoons explanation of your post, which is it? where you trying to be funny, or serious?

Tazio
14th March 2008, 00:44
Here is what I was trying to infer. Ron would consider an exhibition of a large conspicuous Tattoo as being crude behavior!

The reference to Kiss is as I stated it.

Perhaps it was a little too personalized and understandably some people might have thought it was my value system I was projecting.
By saying Ron wouldn't like the tattoo
I was giving my support for it!

When I said that his association was just a photo op. then expressing that I didn't care for Kiss or Gene Simmons. I was saying that I wouldn't be holding that against Kimi.
Kimi drives for the team that tazio always pulls for (no Kimi hasn't always driven for Ferrari.) Tazio has always pulled for Ferrari. You see I really don't feel like I should have to lead people around by the hand. If you a doubt maybe ask the poster a probing question. Then you will get a clarification.

As far as the relationship of any of this to the Kiss captioning Thread. I copied
from an article that came through the news portal newsnow.uk/co, and pasted directly to a new thread. The fact of the matter is. I didn't even know of said (Kiss captioning) thread.
Thus there was no consciousness of this in relationship to my original post, or any other until this one.
I will say after viewing it. I was at a complete loss as to any clever caption perceived or otherwise thought out.
Quite nice picture though!
Cheers

leopard
14th March 2008, 03:29
There are several conditions we have to consider before making the tattoo.

Despite modern life consider it as beautiful art, and it's a personal freedom to do whatever towards their body, we have to admit in certain culture or certain person's opinion it has tendency about crudeness. We shouldn't show up the tattoo if we stay in environment saying no to such behavior, or if we have already had it before we came to the said environment let we have the old one and shouldn't add with the new one.

The old tattoo might be acceptable considering he could compensate it presenting a performance to the team last year.
I only don't hope that it might disturb his concentration, being proud of having tattoos and showing it up to frighten others when driving at the track. :D

truefan72
14th March 2008, 03:56
wow,

how a light hearted sarcastic commentary by Tazio get's twisted into something devious is beyond me.

I get his point, most rational people get his point,

He is making jest of RD's notorius conservatism when it comes to drivers expressionism and eccentricities. He uses a clearly sarcastic tone in making his point.

What exactly is the issue here?

If you can't figure out the humor in his post and Hawkmoon's explanation then you're simply trying to agitate.

Which is yet another reason not to bother posting anything.

leopard
14th March 2008, 04:36
Anyway I haven't succeeded open what's pictured on the new tattoo, if it's picture of rose or butterfly, I may change my opinion about crude behavior.

Another nominee of the Agitator :angryfire ;)

wmcot
14th March 2008, 06:14
"I don't think Ron would have aproved such crude behavior!!" with this statement it is Tazio who is describing the tattoo and hanging with Kiss as "crude bahavior" and implies the he thinks Ron would agree with him.

Seeing as Hamilton was also hanging with Kiss, and that last year when Kimi showed up with a new tattoo, a few images of MacLeran mechanics with much larger tattoo's exposed, combined with the fact that Kimi's reputation for his alcohol consumption came while driving for MacLeran suggests that Ron's objection to these activities are overstated.

Seeing as I didn't find much humour in Hawkmoons explanation of your post, which is it? where you trying to be funny, or serious?

Seems everyone is a bit uptight as we approach the first GP of the season! ;)

truefan72
14th March 2008, 07:19
Seems everyone is a bit uptight as we approach the first GP of the season! ;)

you said it.

we still have people commenting on garage spaces and taking shots at well intentioned humor, but not a single thread about Friday practice in this forum.

that's the state of things here nowadays :(

truefan72
14th March 2008, 07:46
so I started one

PSfan
14th March 2008, 09:56
wow,

how a light hearted sarcastic commentary by Tazio get's twisted into something devious is beyond me.

Oh, now I get it... Tazio's "I don't think Ron would have aproved such crude behavior!! " That was pure sarcasm! Because we all know Ron doesn't actually object to his drivers and engineers having tattoos. And its also safe to say that its also very unlikely that Ron would consider Kimi's tattoos as crude...

He is making jest of RD's notorius conservatism when it comes to drivers expressionism and eccentricities. He uses a clearly sarcastic tone in making his point.

WHAT?!?! so now your saying he wasn't being sarcastic! I'm so confused...

Fact of the matter is, as stated previously, Ron conservatism didn't prevent Kimi from partying while at Macleran, and he didn't object to tattoo's while Kimi was there:

http://www.grandprix.com/jpeg/phc/pmal07/fri/mclaren1-lg.jpg
http://www.europastar.com/europastar/photos/05_2006/Tag2.jpg
Better look at Kimi's Tattoo he had while at Macleran is here:
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/2005/usa/f1-2005-usa-xp-1188.jpg

What exactly is the issue here?

Obviously Kimi Couldn't give a $h!+ what Ron thinks now.
In the recent past Ron has said that his drivers shouldn't even have an
alcoholic beverage during the season.
So I figured by associating Ron in that comment that evolved monkeys
would be able to make the connection!

So now lets see if you can figure out the objectionable part? or do I have to walk you threw it?

Blah, I might as well, the implication is simple: Tazio implies that his joke was so well written that evolved monkeys would get it, but since it flew over JasonD's head... well I guess that must mean he is somewhat less then a evolved monkey?

I could draw a similar conclusion from you post and believe you are calling me irrational, but I to might be a little bit less then an evolved monkey, and so it might actually only be instictive... :p :

If you can't figure out the humor in his post and Hawkmoon's explanation then you're simply trying to agitate.

On the contrary, I did know the joke. It was Funny when It was a recommonation not to have sex during a grandprix weekend some 5 or more years ago... It was a little funny when the same logic was applied to alcohol (even more funny when Kimi was used in the same joke...) Last year when suggested that Kimi's Tattoo was a result of a new found freedom at Ferrari, the joke was barely funny... Kimi has been away from MacLeran a good 15 months now... This joke is D.O.A. and really not applicable anymore when it concerns the iceman.

PSfan
14th March 2008, 10:03
Anyway I haven't succeeded open what's pictured on the new tattoo, if it's picture of rose or butterfly, I may change my opinion about crude behavior.

Another nominee of the Agitator :angryfire ;)

Well, it sure doesn't look like a rose or a butterfly (I understand he has those tattoo's on his butt :p : ) But here it is:

http://content.screencast.com/media/d14b8297-104b-40e8-b615-b90d2f87a3c4_7193cd9b-ef85-40f1-958b-5932c76a3ee5_static_0_0_2008-03-13_1054.png

and if that didn't work... try here:
http://content.screencast.com/media/d14b8297-104b-40e8-b615-b90d2f87a3c4_7193cd9b-ef85-40f1-958b-5932c76a3ee5_static_0_0_2008-03-13_1054.png

SGWilko
14th March 2008, 10:36
Well, it sure doesn't look like a rose or a butterfly (I understand he has those tattoo's on his butt :p : ) But here it is:

and if that didn't work... try here:

:eek: all that extra weight in ink, jeez, that'll slow him down a bit. Tut, tut, tut.

Meanwhile, back to F1.......

Dzeidzei
14th March 2008, 10:52
:eek: all that extra weight in ink, jeez, that'll slow him down a bit. Tut, tut, tut.

Meanwhile, back to F1.......

... of the tattoo is demonic. Itīll stop anyone going past and -whats even more important- freezes anyone within close promixity wearing a helmet.

I think Kimi already had that tattoo in Brazil. Wasnt Lewis pretty close in the start? Did he not choke? No wonder he started playing playstation with his wheel, he was under a spell.

:)

janneppi
14th March 2008, 12:15
Those are some horrendous tattoos, I can't understand what's going on in Kimi's head when he takes an iceman tattoo. then again, he has the money to burn them off if they become too silly to look at.

Ranger
14th March 2008, 12:57
Those are some horrendous tattoos, I can't understand what's going on in Kimi's head when he takes an iceman tattoo. then again, he has the money to burn them off if they become too silly to look at.

I agree.

Tattoos spelling your own nickname = very uncool. :p :

SGWilko
14th March 2008, 13:25
I agree.

Tattoos spelling your own nickname = very uncool. :p :

Perhaps it's just a stick on transfer, free with 30 litres of V-Power?????

JasonD
14th March 2008, 14:14

Yes I guess I did, my bad. :D

Dave B
14th March 2008, 14:21
Ew, it's a bit OTT and tacky. Still, it's his personal choice.

markabilly
14th March 2008, 14:30
I think these must be of the stick on type, that comes off. Otherwise, he is wearing "make-up" to hide them, as they seem to change and disappear in various photos. Or he could have them surgically removed

Tazio
14th March 2008, 14:40
Oh, now I get it... Tazio's "I don't think Ron would have aproved such crude behavior!! " That was pure sarcasm! Because we all know Ron doesn't actually object to his drivers and engineers having tattoos. And its also safe to say that its also very unlikely that Ron would consider Kimi's tattoos as crude...

Fact of the matter is, as stated previously, Ron conservatism didn't prevent Kimi from partying while at Macleran, and he didn't object to tattoo's while Kimi was there:

So now lets see if you can figure out the objectionable part? or do I have to walk you threw it?

Blah, I might as well, the implication is simple: Tazio implies that his joke was so well written that evolved monkeys would get it, but since it flew over JasonD's head... well I guess that must mean he is somewhat less then a evolved monkey?

I could draw a similar conclusion from you post and believe you are calling me irrational, but I to might be a little bit less then an evolved monkey, and so it might actually only be instictive... :p :

On the contrary, I did know the joke. It was Funny when It was a recommonation not to have sex during a grandprix weekend some 5 or more years ago... It was a little funny when the same logic was applied to alcohol (even more funny when Kimi was used in the same joke...) Last year when suggested that Kimi's Tattoo was a result of a new found freedom at Ferrari, the joke was barely funny... Kimi has been away from MacLeran a good 15 months now... This joke is D.O.A. and really not applicable anymore when it concerns the iceman. Two things. 1) Ron iterated last season( after Kimi was gone) something to the efect of
He doesn't think that his drivers should take a drink of alcochol at all while in the GP season!
2) You must be confusing me with someone that actually gives a $h!+ what you think!

MaximumAttack
14th March 2008, 14:53
Here's Kimi with Kiss...looks pretty short to me :D

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/f1/2008/03/622996

Tazio
14th March 2008, 15:05
Here's Kimi with Kiss...looks pretty short to me :D

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/f1/2008/03/622996Hello! What's this?
In the first photo does the hand around the neck of Kimi imply that Kimi is a Choker? :D

MaximumAttack
14th March 2008, 15:36
Hello! What's this?
In the first photo does the hand around the neck of Kimi imply that Kimi is a Choker? :D

Or maybe he just got tired of Kimi's monotonic voice and wanted to shut him up :P

SGWilko
14th March 2008, 18:39
Hello! What's this?

Tazio!! I think someone's gonna be shipping a crate of Kool Aid your way, I hear he's patented the words choke, choked and choker.......

Easy Drifter
14th March 2008, 19:21
We can't have a F1 driver showing some personality and even poking fun at his nickname. It just isn't right. Why if JV was still around imagine what his hair might look like.
It seems the Kimster has more of a sense of humour than some posters.

truefan72
14th March 2008, 22:10

http://www.grandprix.com/jpeg/phc/pmal07/fri/mclaren1-lg.jpg
http://www.europastar.com/europastar/photos/05_2006/Tag2.jpg
Better look at Kimi's Tattoo he had while at Macleran is here:
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/2005/usa/f1-2005-usa-xp-1188.jpg

On the contrary, I did know the joke. It was Funny when It was a recommonation not to have sex during a grandprix weekend some 5 or more years ago... It was a little funny when the same logic was applied to alcohol (even more funny when Kimi was used in the same joke...) Last year when suggested that Kimi's Tattoo was a result of a new found freedom at Ferrari, the joke was barely funny... Kimi has been away from MacLeran a good 15 months now... This joke is D.O.A. and really not applicable anymore when it concerns the iceman.

yawn!
..what, were we talking about?

I'm not sure what you are angry about or to who, or why you seem so bent out of shape on a thread about tattoo's. I'm pretty sure there's something else bugging you which probably has little to do with this thread, Tazio, tattos or drinking.

So there really isn't much use in trying to respond rationally here.

Where most see humor and light heartedness, you see grounds for a nuclear war. Amazing.

PSfan
15th March 2008, 01:37
Two things. 1) Ron iterated last season( after Kimi was gone) something to the efect of
He doesn't think that his drivers should take a drink of alcochol at all while in the GP season!

Not that MacLeran's policy on drinking has much bearing on whether or not a driver would be allowed a tattoo at MacLeran, But last years story regarding alcohol was based on one Ron Dennis Quote : "We don't see why drivers need to have even one drink in the course of a season." which I am in agreeance in your position that ROn says that his drivers shouldn't take a drink... however it doesn't state they can't, despite how the press spun it. to the contrary, just 2 years prior Ron had this to say: "I know of only one grand prix driver who doesn't drink alcohol" So in 2007 Ron decided to alienate his drivers from the rest of the paddock, by putting out un-enforcable rules?

2) You must be confusing me with someone that actually gives a $h!+ what you think!

You Don't? oh my god, all this time I was posting on this board only because I thought that you, Tazio, center of the universe, the poster child of motorsport forum posters, the being everyone hopes to be like, doesn't give a $h!t what I think? I'm devastated, I don't know what to say... I think I'm gonna have to go away for a while, alone, might be a long long while before I can muster up the strength to post on here again. I'm gonna miss you guys, hopefully, the all important Tazio will always give a $h!+ about what everyone else on here thinks, I wouldn't wish this kind of dissapointment on my worst enemy... I hope one day, I will be able to return, after my wounds have healed, and maybe stronger, strong enough to get to the point when I can once again try to post some thought that Tazio would give a $h!+ about... until then... bye... :bigcry:

Note to truefan72: Now that was sarcasm :cheese:
"I don't think Ron would have aproved such crude behavior!!" is not