PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari sign major deal with ex Spyker sponsor Etihad Airways

Giuseppe F1
13th March 2008, 01:09
Etihad logos to appear on back of rear wing, turning vanes and drivers helmets.....first time in MANY years that a sponsor other than Marlboro (full branding or subliminal branding) has appeared on as large a space on the Ferrari as the rear wing.

With Mudadala already on board, Etihad Airways and the new F1 and Ferrari themeparks in Abu Dhabi coming soon, seems Ferrari's commercial future is firmly focused on the Middle East:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34092

Hawkmoon
13th March 2008, 01:25
I'm going to wait until I see the car before passing judgement but I don't like the idea of more sponsors on the car. The Ferrari livery is the cleanest on the grid. More logos will not help the visual appeal of the car, particularly if they are placed in areas that are currently free of logos such as the bargeboards (or turning vanes if you prefer).

wmcot
13th March 2008, 05:57
I wonder if Etihad will be spelled out or in barcode form??? :)

SGWilko
13th March 2008, 11:01
I wonder if Etihad will be spelled out or in barcode form??? :)

Just hire a dyslexic signwriter, and he can spell it as.....Marlboro!!!!

Then they can give him the caks. :rotflmao:

And I've never understood why a word describing the inabilty to correctly distinguish letters and numbers is so awkwardly spelled......

13th March 2008, 12:39
And I've never understood why a word describing the inabilty to correctly distinguish letters and numbers is so awkwardly spelled......

Me neither.

But then again, my retired-teacher father once told the parents of a boy with Dyslexia that it wasn't a real 'illness', just an excuse for middle-class parents with unintelligent children.

Ah, the good old days of traditional schooling.

SGWilko
13th March 2008, 12:43
Ah, the good old days of traditional schooling.

Imagine if you were really naughty, and were sent to Jersey.... :eek:

DimitraF1
13th March 2008, 17:43
kanei na lete malakies

SGWilko
13th March 2008, 20:43
kanei na lete malakies

Only if turned clockwise.....

ioan
13th March 2008, 21:09
Only if turned clockwise.....

Wait a moment. You really did understand that?

leopard
14th March 2008, 02:53
Etihad logos to appear on back of rear wing, turning vanes and drivers helmets.....first time in MANY years that a sponsor other than Marlboro (full branding or subliminal branding) has appeared on as large a space on the Ferrari as the rear wing.

With Mudadala already on board, Etihad Airways and the new F1 and Ferrari themeparks in Abu Dhabi coming soon, seems Ferrari's commercial future is firmly focused on the Middle East:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34092

Despite it has striking red, The dominant Marlboro makes Ferrari looks very quiet, they need more equal share as Marlboro in order that they have sufficient space to make the car more groovy.

Ferrari isn't the only one, Fly Emirates has entered F1 partnering with McLaren previously. While in any other categories of sport such as rally and soccer, Middle East firms aren't something new. They seem knew better with whom they should be partnering with. ;)

Hawkmoon
14th March 2008, 06:45
Anybody know why Ferrari are running without the Marlboro subliminal barcodes in Melbourne? There is nothing on the nose or rear wing and the engine cover has gone back to the solid white of previous years. It's not very pretty and I much prefer the barcodes.

Ranger
14th March 2008, 07:01
Anybody know why Ferrari are running without the Marlboro subliminal barcodes in Melbourne? There is nothing on the nose or rear wing and the engine cover has gone back to the solid white of previous years. It's not very pretty and I much prefer the barcodes.

No idea.

And I am also disappointed. Because aesthetically, they got the barcodes right last year (for the first time in a long time)! And now they change it.

leopard
14th March 2008, 07:01
Considering inflation recently data stored on the last year's barcode such as price of Marlboro might not work anymore, during transition of undetermined price they might temporarily run the car without last year's barcode. I could be wrong though.

SGWilko
14th March 2008, 09:55
Considering inflation recently data stored on the last year's barcode such as price of Marlboro might not work anymore, during transition of undetermined price they might temporarily run the car without last year's barcode. I could be wrong though.

Yep, no more barcodes, it's yesterdays technology. Going to use an imbedded chip that the checkout girl's till can read automatically!!! :rotflmao: