PDA

View Full Version : Rd 2 V8 Supercar Pro-Sim Series- Eastern Ck

Peter Vuko
9th March 2008, 09:20
Rd 2 of the V8 Pro-Sim Series takes us to Sydney's Eastern Ck. There will be two races again in this Rd... a 4 lap sprint & a 8 lap longer race...this format produced an exciting first Rd! Qualifying will be a little different this Rd...so please read the details carefully.

Rd 2 Qualifying Details:
* We will only do Qualifying for Race 1 * Qualifying to be done in Time Trial Mode using Pro-Sim * You will post your Qualifying times on this thread * You will have until Friday evening 14th March to post your Qualifying times...you may post as many times as you wish..as you better your times * Free Set Ups for cars.

Race 1 ( 4 laps )
*Free Set Ups * A.I. Hard * Everyone starts on the FRONT of the Grid * Corner Cutting & Careless Driving OFF * Pitting Optional.

Race 2 ( 8 laps)
*As for Race 1... EXCEPT... YOU MUST use 50% Hard TYRES.

TIMES: pm your O/T & F/L for both races by Tuesday evening 18th March.

We ran a practice race here before the series started...PiotrB got the best time for Qualifying...a 1m.19.70s... Vuko Snr was next ..1m.20.32.. but in race mode the best time was in the 1m.22's....I think we are all finding it hard to reproduce our qualifying times in the race...which is the way it should be! Let's go for it!!

wilson_fan
11th March 2008, 21:05
I've done some qualifying at Eastern Creek.Its a very difficult track to get right.
wilson_fan..Holden..1m.20.74

Peter Vuko
12th March 2008, 20:54
Because of the final Rd of the Gt's & the fact that I'm away for the weekend I am EXTENDING QUALIFYING to Tuesday evening & the RACES to Sunday.

Qualifying Update
1.Vuko Snr....Ford....1m.20.02
2.wilson_fan..Holden..1m.20.74

johnny shell
13th March 2008, 13:21
COOL. thanks Vuko!

btw how'd you get so fast wilson fan?????

Peter Vuko
18th March 2008, 04:08
Qualifying ends tonight guys....only two drivers have put up their times..I know Vuko Jnr is qualifying tonight..I might try & improve mine...where is everyone??

johnny shell
18th March 2008, 11:21
the stewarts wouldn't let me behind the wheel last night, as it was St Patty's day and I was celebrating in the traditional way :beer: cheers!

PiotrB
18th March 2008, 11:31
Qualifying Update
1.PiotrB........Holden..1m19.21
2.Vuko Snr....Ford.....1m.20.02
3.wilson_fan..Holden..1m.20.74

johnny shell
20th March 2008, 11:12
haven't been able to qualify yet... can see I got some work to do though - my best lap in practice here January was 1:23.29.

will for sure be able to run the round this weekend though!

I'll *probably* have a nard time challanging Vuko Sr for a spot on the front row... but hopefully I can at least run better than I did in January... and beat Real Illusions this round!

real_illusions
20th March 2008, 17:16
you probably have a good chance johnny, i've not tested a single bit here yet..been really busy recently. Might have time the next couple of nights to do something.

:)

Peter Vuko
23rd March 2008, 08:47
Times are due in tonight...but if you need an extension let me know..we want as many entries as possible!!!

Frozzy
23rd March 2008, 17:44
what would do i need to join in?

real_illusions
23rd March 2008, 17:58
what would do i need to join in?

a cheque payable to me, or a bank transfer to myself for about £10,000 ;)

Well..thats optional, but seems no-one has done it...

see here for details though about the racing -

http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/about.php

and peter - yes i need an extension! 24 hours should suffice. Should be able to do some kind of driving around eastern creek in a V8 car...although there might not be much left of either of those things by the time i've finished ;)

Peter Vuko
23rd March 2008, 21:39
Welcome Frozzy....we need more entries....read the details in the first thread...if you have time have a go..I won't be doing results until Tuesday evening...remember it's Pro-Sim mode...pm me your: car type(Holden or Ford),your O/T & F/L for both races

Peter Vuko
25th March 2008, 09:16
I have only received 4 times so far...PiotrB, wilson_fan, Vuko Snr & Vuko Jnr. Still waiting on Johnny Shell & real_illusions & Frozzy..could you confirm if you are competing this Rd....I will give an extension until Thursday evening...if numbers decline any further I will be pulling the plug on this series!!

Frozzy
25th March 2008, 09:45
hi i won't be competing this event as i dont have this championship unlocked yet but i should by the time the next round is ok?

real_illusions
25th March 2008, 09:45
Should be able to do some kind of race by tonight, tomorow night at the latest

johnny shell
25th March 2008, 11:41
for me, it's possibly tonight but Wednesday night for sure. really looking quite forward to it, just didn't have the time over Easter weekend. Had all those eggs to lay. (part-time job to help with the gas prices)

oh sweet I just saw we got to thursday evening anyway. thanks.

sorry to you guys who had your times in on time and now have to wait on me & RI for results :(

johnny shell
27th March 2008, 02:37
wow. what a tricky track. tough to get the perfect line, especially when having to brake through S curves.

good news - learned a lot & made some good progress

bad news - pro-sim is like learning to drive all over again!

johnny shell
27th March 2008, 12:43
hope Real Ill was able to get his times in. he's my only competition!

sorry again for the delay... will try to do better next time.

real_illusions
28th March 2008, 18:09
I wont be in this round..too much work going on, and too much trying to find work.

I'll try my best for the next round though :)

Peter Vuko
29th March 2008, 05:32
Rd 2 Results Eastern Ck.

Final Qualifying Times
1.Piotr B........1m.19.21
2.Vuko Snr.....1m.20.02
3.wilson_fan...1m.20.74
4.Vuko Jnr......1m.22.27
5.J.Shell.........1m.22.46

Race 1: 4 laps
1.PiotrB(H)........5m.32.86
2.Vuko Snr(F)....5m.35.29
3.wilson_fan(H)..5m.35.84
4.Vuko Jnr(H).....5m.39.13
5.J.Shell(F)........5m.42.72
F/L:...PiotrB...1m.21.05

Race 2 : 8 laps
1.PiotrB(H).........11m.05.15
2.Vuko Snr(F).....11m.11.18
3.Vuko Jnr(H)......11m.17.43
4.wilson_fan(H)...11m.20.17
5.J.Shell(F).........11m.27.36
F/L:...PiotrB...1m.21.69

Rd Pts:
1.PiotrB........20pts
2.Vuko Snr...16pts
3.Vuko Jnr....13pts
..wilson_fan..13pts
5.J.Shell.......10pts

Current Series Standings after Rd 2:
1.PiotrB............36pts
2.Vuko Snr........34pts
3.wilson_fan......28pts
4.Vuko Jnr........26pts
5.J.Shell...........18pts
6.real_illusions...10pts

Well done PiotrB....a close tussle developing in the series....next Rd should see real_illusions back & Frozzy making his debut appearance....any newcomers welcome!!

johnny shell
29th March 2008, 12:41
i can live with that :)

I need to spend more time still in free race practice mode...in time trials, the car handles a lot better & when I get to free race it messes me up.

wilson_fan
1st April 2008, 09:12
That first race was close between Vuko Snr & myself. I made a few mistakes in the second race & paid the price!! Looking forward to the next Rd. When & where will the next Rd be?

real_illusions
1st April 2008, 11:56
That first race was close between Vuko Snr & myself. I made a few mistakes in the second race & paid the price!! Looking forward to the next Rd. When & where will the next Rd be?

it'll be held on the moon during the 16th century, so we all need a time machine, and we'll be racing with turbo charged horse and carriages ;)

johnny shell
1st April 2008, 12:32
PiotrB & Vuko are probably the two best trd3 drivers in the world. if you're hanging with them you're doing alright.

don't pay any attention to Real Ill.... think about it... what's the difference between a 16th century moon & the modern moon? NONE

so, obviously, we won't be needing time machines.

just one of these equally prepared spec racers. apply your own "livery" (sorry, not used to saying livery... still makes me chuckle)

http://www.oldbug.com/061604%20143.jpg

real_illusions
1st April 2008, 13:25
5 centuries has made a difference with the cheese that the moon is made of..its certainly a more mature cheese than a few hundred years ago..and therefore its harder now, compared to the 16th century..makes it more interesting ;)

Peter Vuko
2nd April 2008, 08:28
Thanks for the compliment Mr. Shell......I'm feeling over the moon about the next Rd of this series...details will go up on Friday evening for Rd 3...hopefully Real & Frozzy will join our ranks....I'm thinking about handicapping the top 4 ...with some set up restrictions for both qualifying & the races to make the series more interesting...anyone against this?? It worked quite well last year.

real_illusions
2nd April 2008, 11:48
I'm feeling over the moon about the next Rd of this series...

was that pun intended? ;) :p

johnny shell
2nd April 2008, 12:44
as long as the handicaps don't lessen the fun-to-drivablilty of the cars.... wouldn't ever want that to happen. maybe tire hardness & starting position.... but I'm enjoying things no matter what.

it would give us back here something to shoot for, and it would keep the tail end of the lead pack on their toes, too... I thought it added something positive last year.

but... does cheese in fact age in an freezing cold atmosphere devoid of air? that's what I really want to know.

real_illusions
2nd April 2008, 14:10
but... does cheese in fact age in an freezing cold atmosphere devoid of air? that's what I really want to know.

There is some atmosphere on the moon, and i'm pretty sure there is some sort of air up there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon#Atmosphere

some..but not alot. Although those temperatures sure wont help the maturing process...

johnny shell
2nd April 2008, 14:26
this is what I think would mess yo cheese all up:

Surface Temperature
During the lunar day, the surface temperature averages 107°C, and during the lunar night, it averages -153°C

and with that this atmosphere, can you imagine how many pounds (sorry, bars) of boost you would have to use on your carriage's turbo charger to get a decent amount of air into the cylinders?

real_illusions
2nd April 2008, 19:38
bring your own air then ;)

Peter Vuko
3rd April 2008, 07:28
Thought I'd OPUN the door for some moon jokes.........details for Rd3 tomorrow night!

johnny shell
3rd April 2008, 12:51
OPUN? what the hell's that supposed to mean? is that a clue towards where the next round is?

damn it I hate being teased!

if Frozzy is going to race he might not have international tour unlocked yet.... so what ever the track we're racing on next can't be all THAT great :laugh:

just kidding. there's a few aussie tracks that I would rank among the world's top tracks.