PDA

View Full Version : WRC Testing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51

Portimao
14th November 2021, 16:09
So all the rumors saying Tanak is leaving are bullshit

EstWRC
14th November 2021, 18:49
Gallery of Tänak https://www.facebook.com/797141050352932/posts/4598948603505472/?d=n

EstWRC
14th November 2021, 19:22
Tänak Rally1 by Aa26 https://youtu.be/DAIE7ruEdFw

cali
15th November 2021, 05:51
So all the rumors saying Tanak is leaving are bullshitWe'll see before Monte for sure.
But it's kind of strange that no Monza but before the rally he has time to test the new car.

Whatever is happening I find it quite strange. And I thought Miika Wuorela has lost his plot completely but now I'm starting to think he maybe has a point.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

bandit12
15th November 2021, 06:56
There is possibility, that Tanak has made some kind of statement to Hyundai. That either developing the car wents that direction, that he wants or he packs his things together.
He has been polite whole year, when car hasn't worked the way he wants, but now seems that he has enough.
And Monza is just showing that he is willing to do so

EstWRC
15th November 2021, 07:38
We'll see before Monte for sure.
But it's kind of strange that no Monza but before the rally he has time to test the new car.

Whatever is happening I find it quite strange. And I thought Miika Wuorela has lost his plot completely but now I'm starting to think he maybe has a point.

One guy also asked this in Twitter from Wuorela that why is he doing the testing then. And the answer basically was that cause he has a contract till the end of the year.

But I’m thinking, why do you do testing and development with a driver who isn’t even driving for you the next year?

mknight
15th November 2021, 08:08
Personally I still have trouble believing any of the rumors, still it's fun to speculate, especially since not much is going on in WRC atm.

----------------

But I’m thinking, why do you do testing and development with a driver who isn’t even driving for you the next year?

To try to convince him to stay, using the argument that the new car is good.
(afaik during the last two tests he was the last driver to test the car, so driving when the car is "best")

There is possibility, that Tanak has made some kind of statement to Hyundai. That either developing the car wents that direction, that he wants or he packs his things together.
He has been polite whole year, when car hasn't worked the way he wants, but now seems that he has enough.
And Monza is just showing that he is willing to do so

Plausible.
It's possible that Hyundai put some early pressure for him to re-sign like: "Deadline by May or you will not be allowed to try our Rally1"? And now that he is signed he doesn't have many options on how to get them to do what he wants.

Andre Oliveira
15th November 2021, 08:26
And the other rumour? About him retired from WRC? That allow him to test no?

ouvreur
15th November 2021, 08:33
One guy also asked this in Twitter from Wuorela that why is he doing the testing then. And the answer basically was that cause he has a contract till the end of the year.

If the reason he is testing the 2022 car is because he has a contract until the end of the year... does 2021 end on the 18th of November?

It's either that or, as I suspect to be the case, Miika Wuorela is talking out of his ar...

seb_sh
15th November 2021, 08:43
Yes it's fun to speculate. I don't know where Wuorela is getting his info but I'm not buying it at the moment. It seems more like Tanak has given up on this year and wants to focus on the next instead of driving a rally that will probably not appear in the WRC again. Hyundai can evaluate Suninen, Tanak can do more testing of the Rally1. That's also an option but is much less attention grabbing than "Tanak is going to retire". That's my view but we will see in January at the latest :)

cali
15th November 2021, 12:54
Well Wuorela also hinted that not only Tänak but also Hyundai will pack their bags...

AnttiL
15th November 2021, 13:19
If I was a team boss and my driver was leaving the team, I wouldn't let him test the car anymore. The motivation would be gone and at worst he would take some secrets to the competitor.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th November 2021, 13:20
Toksport / Movisport Monza PET

https://youtu.be/0-VA6B60fT4

seb_sh
15th November 2021, 14:16
Well Wuorela also hinted that not only Tänak but also Hyundai will pack their bags...

Yea? Then I say Ott and Thierry will rent '17 Fiesta from Malcolm.

WRCStan
15th November 2021, 15:40
Hyundai leaving makes sense for Ott leaving, Thierry's outburst and no customer cars announcement but I still don't see either. What's the motivation for even the team boss to keep testing? Just stay out of the PR game at that point. Would Hyunxit also mean goodbye to WRC2? No Rally2 builds? Hyundai is Hyundai after all.

Maybe Ott or Thierry could be a 'top driver' for Citroen.

WRCStan
15th November 2021, 15:41
Yea? Then I say Ott and Thierry will rent '17 Fiesta from Malcolm.

Maybe Hyundai contracts pay for Pumas.

mknight
15th November 2021, 16:28
Toksport / Movisport Monza PET

https://youtu.be/0-VA6B60fT4

Gryazin is driving with Toksport car+team, only scoring points for Movisport.

Which is really funny. Let's say he is in a position to take manu champ. for Movisport before last service. Will some small service thing suddenly take a bit too long? (Skoda 2005 Australia conspiracy theories anyone?).

EstWRC
15th November 2021, 17:59
Another one of Tänak Rally1 https://youtu.be/zcOaHgHIjBU

ouvreur
16th November 2021, 06:16
Hyundai leaving makes sense for Ott leaving, Thierry's outburst and no customer cars announcement but I still don't see either. What's the motivation for even the team boss to keep testing? Just stay out of the PR game at that point. Would Hyunxit also mean goodbye to WRC2? No Rally2 builds? Hyundai is Hyundai after all.

Maybe Ott or Thierry could be a 'top driver' for Citroen.

I think "Hyunxit" might just be the ugliest word I've ever seen. Not for what it symbolises, it's just fugly.

There's just no way a manufacturer like Hyundai will simply walk away, after publicly announcing they're in for the next three years (and without a VW-esque scandal hanging over them).

flat_right
16th November 2021, 08:41
Considering how much Ott has been testing lately, I truly believe that the Monza absent is just because Hyundai is so much behind. He is testing in Italy, gathering as much info as possible, then all the mechanics and engineers, who are also needed in Monza will travel without any COVID restrictions to there, do the rally and others (maybe even Ott) will go to the factory and based on feedback develop the car. And I wouldn't be surprised that early next week we can see Thierry taking over the testing in Italy.

EstWRC
16th November 2021, 10:22
Hyundai Rally1 https://youtu.be/Exf4H8NcEqA

Fast Eddie WRC
16th November 2021, 11:32
The latest video preview 'The WRC Magazine' shows the Hyundai Rally1 car test.

Both Neuville and Tanak are interviewed and are talking quite optimistically about the new car for 2022. Tanak is pretty cheerful on the learning aspect and you would not suspect any chance of him retiring.

Neuville says he is enjoying the 'boost' to 500bhp which is quite a surprise to handle, especially on gravel.

mknight
16th November 2021, 11:35
Considering how much Ott has been testing lately, I truly believe that the Monza absent is just because Hyundai is so much behind. He is testing in Italy, gathering as much info as possible, then all the mechanics and engineers, who are also needed in Monza will travel without any COVID restrictions to there, do the rally and others (maybe even Ott) will go to the factory and based on feedback develop the car. And I wouldn't be surprised that early next week we can see Thierry taking over the testing in Italy.

Yeah, that's so far the explanation that makes most sense to me. Real "personal reasons" like illness in family etc. don't line up so well with all the testing.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th November 2021, 11:56
Tanak in the Rally1 interview:
https://i.imgur.com/Mot0TtJ.jpg

AnttiL
16th November 2021, 12:12

I still don't understand this theory. "How much Ott has been testing lately", not any bit more than Neuville? And like I said, the teams cannot test the new cars unlimitedly, there's only 30 extra days allowed. I understand Ott is good at developing cars, but how would his presence at the factory help the engineers, assuming they cannot do any testing at the factory? When they do two days of testing, they likely get a good set of data and comments from the drivers, and know what they must work on, without getting any more input until the next test with the new changes. Finally, I wouldn't believe the team could develop the new car while a WRC event is ongoing. Too much important personnel would have to be in two places at the same time, or at least thinking and concentrating on two things via messages from the factory (engineers, mechanics, drivers, bosses etc)

flat_right
16th November 2021, 14:17
I still don't understand this theory. "How much Ott has been testing lately", not any bit more than Neuville?

I'll rephrase this. Considering how much Hyundai has been testing lately. I think everyone agrees and Hyundai has said it themselves that compared to others they are behind in development and they have a lot to do. Monza rally itself takes at least a week with all the travelling, recce etc. Now Ott can just focus on testing and no other extra activities.

And like I said, the teams cannot test the new cars unlimitedly, there's only 30 extra days allowed.
True, but they still need to use those days and it is already in the middle of November. And as you said, these are extra days... so there should be some normal testing days days also? I think they try to use all of them and not on the last days because they need to have time to react on the feedback they got from testing. And all this has to be done before the homologation deadline which I don't know but someone from another topic said that it is in the beginning of January. It is only 1.5 months...

I understand Ott is good at developing cars, but how would his presence at the factory help the engineers, assuming they cannot do any testing at the factory? When they do two days of testing, they likely get a good set of data and comments from the drivers, and know what they must work on, without getting any more input until the next test with the new changes.

Agree, I think with the feedback from Thierry and Ott it is enough to do and it was just an idea but still this can't be ruled out.

Finally, I wouldn't believe the team could develop the new car while a WRC event is ongoing. Too much important personnel would have to be in two places at the same time, or at least thinking and concentrating on two things via messages from the factory (engineers, mechanics, drivers, bosses etc)

Knowing how much they are behind, do you really think that they would pause the project for at least 1 week? I really can't believe it and I think they have enough personnel for both tasks. They have more people in the team than go to rallies. Or for example do you think that Loriaux will be in Monza?

Extra info: In Estonia, today we had this rally preview where one journalist and two (ex) rally drivers were discussing what is happening in WRC and what will happen the upcoming rally. They said this for sure, that everything is OK with family and no-one has died there and all is OK. They were rather disappointed in the announcement and said it should have been something more believable. Also they thought that the testing was the most probable reason why Ott is absent. This is my personal belief but I think they have some inside info also as this YouTube podcast is sponsored Ott's personal sponsor and as two quests were rally drivers then they also should know something. I think rally drivers talk to each other and something has leaked for sure.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th November 2021, 15:42
Hyundai Motorsport released a statement confirming the team changes for Rally Monza.

“We have a last-minute change in our crew line-up for ACI Rally Monza,” the statement read. “Sadly, Ott Tänak (and Martin Jarveoja) will be forced to miss the event due to personal family matters. We wish Ott all the best and we can’t wait to see him back in action with the team in 2022 !"

mknight
16th November 2021, 15:45
With all the Rally1 testing vids people were starting to wonder if Tanak goes to Monza so Hyundai felt the need to repeat themselves?

Lancia Stratos
16th November 2021, 17:13
With all the Rally1 testing vids people were starting to wonder if Tanak goes to Monza so Hyundai felt the need to repeat themselves?

Eh?

AnttiL
17th November 2021, 05:25
True, but they still need to use those days and it is already in the middle of November. And as you said, these are extra days... so there should be some normal testing days days also? I think they try to use all of them and not on the last days because they need to have time to react on the feedback they got from testing. And all this has to be done before the homologation deadline which I don't know but someone from another topic said that it is in the beginning of January. It is only 1.5 months...

But as you have seen Hyundai has been testing the current car all along so they don't have much reserve from the "normal 2021 test days" left. I haven't counted but I would assume Hyundai has already used half of its 30 days for the Rally1 car. If you take the car out five times with three drivers (even Solberg has driven it), it makes 15 days. And good to remember that according to Adamo they did four days of tarmac testing in the summer without any footage surfacing.

Deadline is indeed 1st January 2022, but between Tänak's announcement and Monza they have tested only once, so it doesn't seem like they're in a super big hurry that would require Tänak to skip Monza. Or if they are, those few days wouldn't matter anyway.

Knowing how much they are behind, do you really think that they would pause the project for at least 1 week? I really can't believe it and I think they have enough personnel for both tasks. They have more people in the team than go to rallies. Or for example do you think that Loriaux will be in Monza?

Of course a person like Loriaux who has assumedly never worked on the current car has nothing else to work right now than the new car, but I would assume the few main engineers are as important in Monza as in the new car development.

Extra info: In Estonia, today we had this rally preview where one journalist and two (ex) rally drivers were discussing what is happening in WRC and what will happen the upcoming rally. They said this for sure, that everything is OK with family and no-one has died there and all is OK. They were rather disappointed in the announcement and said it should have been something more believable. Also they thought that the testing was the most probable reason why Ott is absent. This is my personal belief but I think they have some inside info also as this YouTube podcast is sponsored Ott's personal sponsor and as two quests were rally drivers then they also should know something. I think rally drivers talk to each other and something has leaked for sure.

Well this is interesting...

AnttiL
17th November 2021, 05:27

Eddie felt the need to repeat old news.

Just to clarify to Eddie, when VW quit at the end of 2016, they didn't announce it beforehand, and same with Ogier/Citroen in 2019. It was all "looking forward to the future" media until one big turnaround.

flat_right
17th November 2021, 09:24
Well this is interesting...

But then again, this was published today on his sponsor's page. Translated two main questions

Q: Already at the beginning of the month, it was announced quite unexpectedly that you would miss the Monza rally for family reasons, which caused a lot of rumors in the rally circles. Would you be willing to talk a little about the background of the decision, or would you prefer to remain mysterious?

Ott Tänak: My goal has never been mysterious, but this situation is related to my family and I am grateful for the understanding of the fans and supporters. Public attention is not appropriate in this situation and we thank all parties for their privacy so far. At the moment, it is important for me to fulfill my responsibilities to my family, but I am still involved in the development of a new car on a daily basis and fully focused on 2022, but in the near future I will do it from home.

Q: How much can you rest before the new season and how much time will take up the development part? There isn't probably testing every week but how will daily or weekly development work look like for you?

OT: From the end of November to Christmas, testing will definitely be a weekly job. During this transition period, you want the month to be at least 70 days long.

Fast Eddie WRC
18th November 2021, 11:34
Eddie felt the need to repeat old news.

Just to clarify to Eddie, when VW quit at the end of 2016, they didn't announce it beforehand, and same with Ogier/Citroen in 2019. It was all "looking forward to the future" media until one big turnaround.

This was to confirm Hyundai had no issue with Tanak missing Monza and to clarify that they expect him to return in 2022, not retire.

This has nothing to do with Hyundai's own team intentions.

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 04:52
This was to confirm Hyundai had no issue with Tanak missing Monza and to clarify that they expect him to return in 2022, not retire.

This has nothing to do with Hyundai's own team intentions.

The point was that official statements are always "happy" until the end.

EstWRC
21st November 2021, 09:47
Hyundai, Msport and Toyota hybrid Rally1 https://youtu.be/G2zkdScAgOw

EstWRC
23rd November 2021, 09:18
Kalle today in France, Hyundai type rims? http://www.rallye-infos.site/kalle-rovanpera-test-la-nouvelle-toyota-yaris-rally1-en-france/

i guess we should get a lot of footage in the coming weeks with teams now really starting to prepare for Monte and im excited as hell

Andre Oliveira
23rd November 2021, 09:24
Gus and Jonas

Pics by Julien Pixelrallye

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE3xUf6XIAUOfF_?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE3xUf6WYAMjXbp?format=jpg&name=medium

EstWRC
23rd November 2021, 14:03
Kalle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsiGr6xzxjc

EstWRC
23rd November 2021, 14:24
Gus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfDaBttwIaU

Andre Oliveira
23rd November 2021, 15:17
Gus and Jonas by SudRallye

https://youtu.be/fEeIl1oCUQk

EstWRC
23rd November 2021, 18:00
Test Ford Puma Rally1 Hybrid | Greensmith G. | Fourmaux A. | Monte Carlo 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x44W9bT294

EstWRC
23rd November 2021, 18:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE5qOEWWQAYcwNI?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE5pyFxX0AYVaoE?format=jpg&name=900x900

EstWRC
23rd November 2021, 19:37
Kalle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lnXtK2y-Bs

Eli
23rd November 2021, 19:50
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE5qOEWWQAYcwNI?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE5pyFxX0AYVaoE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nice rims on the Puma, would be cool if they'd switch it.

EstWRC
24th November 2021, 13:34
Evans https://youtu.be/hCxZo7XTZ-A

https://youtu.be/GHTBdI0jgao

dimviii
24th November 2021, 15:42
Planetemarcus
@planetemarcus

Tomorrow mountain welcome the noise of 17 #WRC title ...

Andre Oliveira
24th November 2021, 16:38
Evans crashed today. Tomorrow should be Ogier. Loeb with Puma.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/loeb-to-have-second-m-sport-rally1-test-on-monte-style-roads/

bandit12
24th November 2021, 17:03
Planetemarcus
@planetemarcus

Tomorrow mountain welcome the noise of 17 #WRC title ...

Is it some code?

WRCStan
24th November 2021, 17:10
Is it some code?

I had to work it out too - it's titles, Loeb's 9 plus Ogier's 8. Both are testing tomorrow.

EstWRC
24th November 2021, 17:21
Evans https://youtu.be/q-mlyWZBVlk

AnttiL
24th November 2021, 18:19
Evans https://youtu.be/q-mlyWZBVlk

Rumoredly crashed

EstWRC
24th November 2021, 18:23
Breen by zagatoi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3hdi13NKZE

EstWRC
24th November 2021, 18:37
Sebastien Ogier’s maiden test of Toyota’s Rally1 2022 World Rally Championship challenger has been rescheduled following a crash in testing.

Toyota abandons plan for Ogier’s maiden Rally1 test
Toyota has confirmed to Autosport that an off during a test on asphalt roads in France on Wednesday has forced the team to abandon plans for Ogier to sample the new hybrid Rally1 GR Yaris for the first time.

It is understood Elfyn Evans was at the wheel of the Yaris when the car was involved in an incident. Both Evans and co-driver Scott Martin are believed to have emerged from the incident unscathed.

However, a Toyota spokesperson has confirmed that the team has been unable to repair the car and will now reschedule Ogier’s test, expected to take place on Thursday, to a later date.

The newly crowned eight-time world champion is expected to contest next year’s Monte Carlo Rally season opener in January, as part of a partial WRC campaign, after announcing plans to call time on his full-time career earlier this year.

Ogier has yet to drive the all-new hybrid Yaris with the bulk of the recent development being carried out by Kalle Rovanpera, who drove the car on Tuesday and Evans. The Welshman took over the running on Wednesday.

“There was an off today during testing, so unfortunately Ogier’s test had to be rescheduled,” a Toyota spokesperson told Autosport.

“We were glad to see, that all the safety systems worked as they should, so in that sense it was all okay.

“Unfortunately we weren’t able to fix the car for tomorrow (Thursday) onsite, so we have packed up and out test team is heading home.”

It is unclear when Ogier’s test will be rescheduled.

M-Sport Ford has also been testing in France with its Puma Rally1 to bolster preparations for next year’s season opener.

New signing Craig Breen is onsite while it is understood Adrien Fourmaux and the newly re-signed Gus Greensmith have been sharing the driving thus far.

It is also understood nine-time world champion Sebastien Loeb will drive the Puma this week in what will be his second test in the car after an outing last month.

Loeb has been heavily linked to a possible return to the WRC next year with the Frenchman tipped to to compete at the Monte Carlo Rally.

Hyundai is also set to test its new-look final iteration of its Rally1 i20 this week with a six-day test to begin on Sunday.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/toyota-abandons-plan-for-ogiers-maiden-rally1-test/6816895/

dimviii
24th November 2021, 19:40
must be a big crash to pack the car and go to their base.

Andre Oliveira
24th November 2021, 21:15
Breen by Aa26

https://youtu.be/CSyVAt1X9lM

spyros
25th November 2021, 08:11
the more vids i saw the more i believe that yaris will be again the fastest.

EstWRC
25th November 2021, 08:40
i dont know about that and i wont judge before first gravel round of next year

but what i do know is that these cars wont be slow like some said/expected. i really like what i am seeing

and is it just me who feels that Msport and Toyota have turned up their game this week? The cars seem much more lively and faster compared to previous tests

bandit12
25th November 2021, 10:14
the more vids i saw the more i believe that yaris will be again the fastest.

In our country, old carpenters have on saying:
Only the lenght of the dick can be measured with the eye.

spyros
25th November 2021, 10:55
In our country, old carpenters have on saying:
Only the lenght of the dick can be measured with the eye.

I know that cause im greek

Fast Eddie WRC
25th November 2021, 10:59
A Spanish rally site said that the (crashed) Yaris GR test car was in it's final phase, so it must be quite a blow to them.

AnttiL
25th November 2021, 11:06

but what i do know is that these cars wont be slow like some said/expected. i really like what i am seeing

and is it just me who feels that Msport and Toyota have turned up their game this week? The cars seem much more lively and faster compared to previous tests

I was also relieved to hear that Hyundai is completely remaking their car because the test videos have looked so cumbersome.

I can only hope and expect the three cars will be just as equal as the 2017 WRC cars, and we'll be in for exciting seasons!

doubled1978
25th November 2021, 11:21

I’m with you, I think the testing ramped up a notch this week. The cars look more edgy for sure.
Let’s see what this ‘real’ Hyundai is like when some videos appear.

EstWRC
25th November 2021, 13:02
Loeb https://youtu.be/uqliyHl0se4

AMSS
25th November 2021, 13:53
Loeb https://youtu.be/uqliyHl0se4

There should also be a light showing when the hybrid unit actually gives power not just green/red when its safe to touch the car... now at least I can`t tell based on videos..
Maybe future onboards will show

Andre Oliveira
25th November 2021, 14:45
Loeb by Full Attack Rallye

https://youtu.be/1EHor3I2u8k

mknight
25th November 2021, 15:15
I can only hope and expect the three cars will be just as equal as the 2017 WRC cars, and we'll be in for exciting seasons!

3 of the 4 cars were equal in 2017, and that's probably mostly due to Citroen taking deliberate risks. (both with the car direction and (test) driver selection).

So far it doesn't seem anyone is taking too strange risks (after MSport got Loeb to drive the car at least).

I'd expect most to be close at the start. The question is if some will be have some inherited limitations that will be hard to pass in later development even with enough money (say like 2017 i20 on tarmac and off course the mentioned C3).

There might be big differences in how drivers get used to the boost/regen. But those will prbly equalize after a few rallies and watching each others onboards.

spiderem
25th November 2021, 15:20
I guess Loeb will be able to get Elena as co-driver if he drives for the WRC...

AnttiL
25th November 2021, 15:27
3 of the 4 cars were equal in 2017, and that's probably mostly due to Citroen taking deliberate risks. (both with the car direction and (test) driver selection).

So far it doesn't seem anyone is taking too strange risks (after MSport got Loeb to drive the car at least).

I'd expect most to be close at the start. The question is if some will be have some inherited limitations that will be hard to pass in later development even with enough money (say like 2017 i20 on tarmac and off course the mentioned C3).

There might be big differences in how drivers get used to the boost/regen. But those will prbly equalize after a few rallies and watching each others onboards.

Even Citroen was able to win rallies in all their three seasons.

Andre Oliveira
25th November 2021, 15:50

He is testing with Isabelle Galmiche today.

EstWRC
25th November 2021, 17:38
Loeb https://youtu.be/sRNG6NyiHTk

becher
25th November 2021, 17:53

I wouldn't expect anything else, they did an event together in the Maxi and Elena is a top codriver so....

Andre Oliveira
25th November 2021, 19:41
Pic of Raphaël Gy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFEKBNQWUAIASUu?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFEKBNPXIAYWF1k?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFEKBNQWQAQSw0R?format=jpg&name=large

doubled1978
25th November 2021, 19:50

I also wonder if the hybrid boost/re-gen could be a big differentiator between even different drivers with the same car. If one guys style just doesn’t work the system the right way, it ‘could’ be a disadvantage that’s hard to overcome.

EstWRC
25th November 2021, 20:17
Loeb by zagatoi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB2oIJIw5pc

mknight
27th November 2021, 08:46
I also wonder if the hybrid boost/re-gen could be a big differentiator between even different drivers with the same car. If one guys style just doesn’t work the system the right way, it ‘could’ be a disadvantage that’s hard to overcome.

Yes, though so far the info on especially the re-gen rules is quite vague so it's hard to tell how hard it will be to get a regen and how much the behavior can be adjusted. (with different driver "programs" as they called it).

If it can't be adjusted much, some drivers might struggle. If it can be adjust I'd say the differences in stagetimes will decrease after a few first rallies and watching each others onboards.

Mirek
27th November 2021, 12:03
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFEKBNQWUAIASUu?format=jpg&name=large

That looks like a normal steel bodyshell, doesn't it?

becher
27th November 2021, 12:09

Has there been any info on the regulations regarding bodywork material?

logic
27th November 2021, 12:37

The A and B pillars are bonded to the safety cell, so thats why it looks like that,

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 07:16
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFRDxzlXEAEpFz5?format=jpg&name=large

TypeR
28th November 2021, 07:58
even it looks more or less the same (as blue camo), all white rally car is always very nice!

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 08:14
its Tänak https://twitter.com/HenriLo15666123/status/1464884023751237636?s=20

looks more like a test for sweden

TypeR
28th November 2021, 08:16
Didn't he retire?

:D

AnttiL
28th November 2021, 08:28
https://twitter.com/planetemarcus/status/1464887868132892673?s=21

New car?

Mirek
28th November 2021, 08:33
its Tänak https://twitter.com/HenriLo15666123/status/1464884023751237636?s=20

looks more like a test for sweden

Heavy snow falls are not that unusual in Monte. In the four editions I visited only once the rally didn't have at least one.

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 08:40
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211128/79e6e1725c3bb06a374cb944970b5a08.jpg

cali
28th November 2021, 09:30
Is it just me or are these new cars sounding better?

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 09:57
Oops https://twitter.com/lepitredelaf1/status/1464910751810863104?s=21

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 10:24
aand already continuing https://twitter.com/HenriLo15666123/status/1464917202935627779?s=20

dimviii
28th November 2021, 10:46
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFRZSeLXMAIlhxl?format=jpg&name=small

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 11:08
seems to be quite difficult conditions https://twitter.com/planetemarcus/status/1464927798196424705?s=20

Fast Eddie WRC
28th November 2021, 11:22
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFRwpy-XEAYZYW_?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFRzHZ3XIAEYZRg?format=jpg&name=large

From WRCWings

Crazy J
28th November 2021, 11:22
It is unclear if all the new cars are with 4 doors? Reminds the looks of Citroen BX 4TC maybe ;)

https://www.lemansdecals.com/tienda/1261/citroen-bx-4tc-rally-montecarlo1986-n15.jpg

Mirek
28th November 2021, 11:32
It is unclear if all the new cars are with 4 doors? Reminds the looks of Citroen BX 4TC maybe ;)

https://www.lemansdecals.com/tienda/1261/citroen-bx-4tc-rally-montecarlo1986-n15.jpg

They are two door. They only resemble four door stock ones.

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 11:36
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211128/eea566c666fee22cfd27e665090f18ef.jpg

Sulland
28th November 2021, 14:00

The i20 have certain similarities with the GrB S4.

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 14:12
Tänak https://youtu.be/gaw2ecFIrmM

TypeR
28th November 2021, 14:40
Blue camo car ALZ WR 101, white ALZ WR 901.

mknight
28th November 2021, 14:41
Weird with the (brake cooling?) duct in the middle of the rear "door".

Else the big rear wing seems to be the biggest news. Rear seems similar to the first car, but haven't seen detailed pic.

Anyway Tanak's family reasons let him test right before Monza and then right after Monza.

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 14:45
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211128/bb86df994ec56700d73cb72ef67b7aa3.jpg

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 15:14
Still going https://twitter.com/henrilo15666123/status/1464985613107707912?s=21

dimviii
28th November 2021, 15:42
https://twitter.com/Burgrid16/status/1464995944152322054

WRCStan
28th November 2021, 15:53
Weird with the (brake cooling?) duct in the middle of the rear "door".

I thought this kind of thing was being banned?

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 16:01
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211128/7ddafac3ff9a37df34ab15bb024e7c00.jpg

dimviii
28th November 2021, 16:19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFS6uYdWUAU0rD_?format=jpg&name=900x900

doubled1978
28th November 2021, 17:28
I guess they could have done without those conditions. While it might help on MC, creeping around at 50kph isn’t really loading up the car to get a good feel for it.
I also have an irrational hatred of the shape of that rear wheel arch…..

Andre Oliveira
28th November 2021, 20:09
https://www.facebook.com/320168652162349/posts/1014575806054960/?d=n

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFT0qAMXMAMx_rd?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFT0qAKWUAUNwsS?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFT0qAKXIAQYEnR?format=jpg&name=medium

EstWRC
28th November 2021, 20:37
Tänak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBUaMwcKYyI

EstWRC
29th November 2021, 06:59
credit and more https://www.facebook.com/LouisDodin88230/posts/1944484269044329

https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/261990438_1944481952377894_3498418667352680147_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=3XYRZib6Nw8AX9FwU-N&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=16b5e1d1d499fea94550d66fcc451ae3&oe=61A9E8D5
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/261995986_1944482342377855_2605427679558161812_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=5uXHLXY-B4YAX9q2Rab&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=c38dd21dcada0053161876973d694f13&oe=61A962AB
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/262141770_1944482189044537_939890230634234893_n.jp g?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=WbWLJR7xJfAAX9l9RPT&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=d45ff29aeddd7f194ed976560608b462&oe=61AA6A04

AMSS
29th November 2021, 07:55
Based on test videos so far I guess Hyundai are the only ones who plan in having all extra lights integrated, probably has a big aero influence to have them integrated (WRCwings surely can confirm), I have not seen similar from Ford/Toyota

Franky
29th November 2021, 07:55
I'm sorry but that i20 really looks like something out of an old Need for Speed game. I hope it's fast because it definitely is not pretty.

EstWRC
29th November 2021, 08:02
Oliver today https://twitter.com/henrilo15666123/status/1465241147941572612?s=21

the sniper
29th November 2021, 15:01
I'm sorry but that i20 really looks like something out of an old Need for Speed game. I hope it's fast because it definitely is not pretty.

I don't mind the road car, but this looks like a pumped up Rally 1-Kit car...

Hopefully it looks better in livery.

EstWRC
29th November 2021, 15:08
Hyundai's new-look 2022 WRC car breaks cover

Hyundai Motorsport has revealed what is expected to be the final iteration of its 2022 Rally1 World Rally Championship challenger ahead of next year’s Monte Carlo season opener.

Team boss Andrea Adamo said last week that its latest version of its Rally1 hybrid i20 would look "a lot different" with only the wheels a carry over component from its prototype car that has conducted the bulk of testing thus far.

Hyundai has been busily working on the car at its Alzenau base in Germany, having elected to use a prototype mule to carry out its early test and development work of the new 100kW hybrid system.

The new i20 has now broken cover as part of a six-day test that is currently being conducted in the Alsace region in France.

Drivers Ott Tanak, Thierry Neuville and Oliver Solberg are on hand at the test, which has so far been conducted in snow and icy conditions.

The i20 is sporting significantly different bodywork compared to the prototype that recently completed a rally simulation in Northern Italy in October.

The rear wing is arguably the most noticeable change with the new version much more angular than the curved option used on the prototype. Likewise, the rear arches and bumper follow a similar angular design with the corners of the bumper no longer fitting flush and smooth beneath the rear lights.

Images released from the team also highlight a new air intake before the rear arch, while they the front end has also had an overhaul with a new front bumper and wheel arch bodywork.

Air intakes situated behind the rear window appear similar to the prototype while the wing mirrors have undergone a design overhaul.

Vision posted on social media has captured the car running off the road and into a snow bank, but this is understood to have caused only a minor stoppage.

Hyundai's outing arrives after a busy week for WRC teams as rivals Toyota and M-Sport Ford conducted tests in France with its GR Yaris and Puma respectively.

Toyota was forced to cut its test short after Elfyn Evans was involved in crash that prevented Sebastien Ogier from receiving his maiden run in a Rally1 hybrid machine.

Meanwhile, nine-time WRC champion Sebastian Loeb jumped behind the wheel of the Puma for his second test as speculation continues regarding a possible return at the Monte Carlo Rally from 20-23 January.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/hyundais-new-look-2022-wrc-car-breaks-cover/6832822/#gal-6832822-p0-hyundai-i20-rally1-56257359

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl/2jXZwJk6/s1200/hyundai-i20-rally1-1.webp

EstWRC
29th November 2021, 17:01
Tänak https://youtu.be/kfxpXcGkv6I
Tänak/Solberg https://youtu.be/hDhKSn7wGu4

lluisva555
29th November 2021, 17:15
Based on test videos so far I guess Hyundai are the only ones who plan in having all extra lights integrated, probably has a big aero influence to have them integrated (WRCwings surely can confirm), I have not seen similar from Ford/Toyota

Right, the old rally cars lamp pods looked very nice... but their location was not, aerowise. Integrated in to the front bumper/bonnet, the drag is reduced and better (faster) airflow is sent over the entire car, making the rear wing more efficient.

EstWRC
30th November 2021, 14:05
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/261435227_10160159185294973_2908147232800531978_n. jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cEuOZ0M5TugAX_1cwsI&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=421832d644c884dc97e839241ab624c9&oe=61AAF544
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/261508251_10160159185279973_1097269862285949927_n. jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rZ4vaHHKWmEAX8jCozx&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=446dc35d2e36bc6aecacb410d4debca0&oe=61AB6095
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/262316665_10160159185284973_493983256285494107_n.j pg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8pD9SEoOjZ0AX9kRbpJ&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=adee37b6e29a4af79e339b2884cd364f&oe=61ABAE09

JRodrigues
30th November 2021, 14:55
This Hyundai reminds me of the Focus WRC03... It has the Loriaux touch.

mknight
30th November 2021, 16:46
This Hyundai reminds me of the Focus WRC03... It has the Loriaux touch.
Well the oversized rear bumper might have space for a surge tank ;-)

er88
30th November 2021, 20:26
Let's think about this.

Loriaux is so good..... , yet Msport decided to leave him out of the new car design/development. Hyundai only sign CL later.

So.. , did Msport chose Chris Williams because they felt he was the better man to manage the design of a car fullstop? Or because he could design a better car (than CL could) under limited budget?

Adamo has just mentioned how CL has been given a blank cheque to develop the new hyundai, yet he was sidelined by Msport....

drive
30th November 2021, 21:04
Could be that Hyundai not just has given a blank check for the car development, but also much better personal salary... and also for a creative person much better to work when you dont have a limit for your 'masterpiece' so to say... so could be much more than msport just let him go ... maybe he just seen better options for him personally and posibility for more freedom to implement his ideas when money is not limited . Ok, just a speculation, but we dont know why/where etc...

mknight
30th November 2021, 21:17
Loriaux is so good..... , yet Msport decided to leave him out of the new car design/development. Hyundai only sign CL later.

From the interview with Loriaux (L) it seemed the story was like this:
1. Williams (W) starts making the new car while L is busy with the racing cars
2. (some time later)
L joins the Rally1 Group and is responsible for some parts over some 6? months, but is not the main designer (W is)
3. L leaves to Hyundai where he can design all parts of the car as he wants ( probably also with better budget)

I don't see much need for speculation. L was at MSport also when 2017 car was designed and seemed to take no part in designing it.

denkimi
30th November 2021, 21:41
Well the oversized rear bumper might have space for a surge tank ;-)

The rear bumper is weird indeed. those lumps to the left and right seem pretty useless to me.

becher
30th November 2021, 22:31
I don't see much need for speculation. L was at MSport also when 2017 car was designed and seemed to take no part in designing it.

This! Its not as simple as person A is better as person B. Lots of factors might be involved.

er88
30th November 2021, 23:10
This! Its not as simple as person A is better as person B. Lots of factors might be involved.Ofcourse there's lots of factors.

But if Msport had more faith in CL...., why wouldn't they put him in charge of the new cars (and the 17 one)? Rallying is their main focus after all.

CL has amazing pedigree and his work is there for everyone to see. I'm just raising the question why Malcolm would think someone is better suited to lead the operation - only for Hyundai to pinch the man who was sidelined and put full faith in him with a blank cheque.

AMSS
1st December 2021, 05:22
The rear bumper is weird indeed. those lumps to the left and right seem pretty useless to me.

I think the rules state the rear spoiler can not exceed body limits (from top view), so they have to make the bumper stick out longer, to get the bigger spoiler approved

spiderem
1st December 2021, 11:15
I think the rules state the rear spoiler can not exceed body limits (from top view), so they have to make the bumper stick out longer, to get the bigger spoiler approved

Toyota are familiar with the topic :)

EstWRC
3rd December 2021, 12:19
Hyundai has elected to curtail the first test of its all-new 2022 World Rally Championship challenger due to extreme weather conditions.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/extreme-weather-curtails-hyundai-2022-wrc-car-test/6845989/

doubled1978
3rd December 2021, 15:23
Hyundai has elected to curtail the first test of its all-new 2022 World Rally Championship challenger due to extreme weather conditions.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/extreme-weather-curtails-hyundai-2022-wrc-car-test/6845989/

Not surprised, they can’t have taking too much away from what running they did do.

dimviii
3rd December 2021, 18:36
Rallirinki / Teemu
@HartusvuoriWRC

Hyundai continues to test the new i20 Rally1 with Tänak. #WRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFtPDgZXIAEMk4f?format=jpg&name=large

EstWRC
4th December 2021, 07:32
clip of Tänak

https://twitter.com/henrilo15666123/status/1467026149456986112?s=21

mknight
4th December 2021, 07:43
So any news on what the family reasons were or was it confirmed an excuse?

EstWRC
4th December 2021, 08:20
Neuville today https://twitter.com/henrilo15666123/status/1467054876567998465?s=21

EstWRC
4th December 2021, 15:30
Test update: @thierryneuville and @MWydaeghe went off the road while testing the i20 N Rally1 today. Crew is safe and parademics arrived on site quickly to treat Martijn's shoulder injury. The crew is on their way to the hospital for further evaluation. #HMSGOfficial

https://twitter.com/hmsgofficial/status/1467167526568271872?s=21

TypeR
4th December 2021, 16:14
must have been rather heavy off or just unfortunate..(shoulder injury) As the new cars should be safer..

AnttiL
4th December 2021, 17:15
I don't want to speculate on this accident but I'm just saying that even if the new cars have strong roll cages, big impacts can always cause injuries, but with a less safer car that injury could have been more severe.

EstWRC
4th December 2021, 18:00
https://www-autohebdo-fr.translate.goog/actualites/rallye/wrc/neuville-accidente-en-essai-avec-la-hyundai-i20-rally1-wydaeghe-blesse.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=et

Andre Oliveira
4th December 2021, 18:28
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFyXohxWQAARR2U?format=jpg&name=900x900

Andre Oliveira
4th December 2021, 18:31
https://scontent.fopo6-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/cp0/e15/q65/s600x600/261984043_4524188114325073_3831088565919001676_n.j pg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=b9115d&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=Z79sLh-jZy8AX-tO_Hq&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo6-1.fna&oh=2a11ddc776557a27643c858c3477de71&oe=61B03702

TypeR
4th December 2021, 18:32
Holy sh*t..

EstWRC
4th December 2021, 18:41
That is just crazy.

To come out with just a shoulder injury. Unbelievable

Eli
4th December 2021, 18:42
That is a long way off, good thing they have these safety cells now, could've ended much worse than a shoulder injury.

AnttiL
4th December 2021, 18:48
God damn, that looks really bad

EstWRC
4th December 2021, 20:46
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211204/b6ced4ef1230fb460307d88019f83c1e.jpg

wwbroe
4th December 2021, 20:55
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211204/b6ced4ef1230fb460307d88019f83c1e.jpg
Speedy recovery for Martijn.

dimviii
4th December 2021, 21:03
Watch how far from road they went.
https://twitter.com/MiniRallyGT/status/1467213805834932234

dimviii
4th December 2021, 21:14
hmsgofficial
@HMSGOfficial
·
9m
Warning sign Update: hospital checks completed for @thierryneuville
& @MWydaeghe
. Both have been already released from the hospital in Montpellier. #HMSGOfficial

Fast Eddie WRC
4th December 2021, 21:37
God damn, that looks really bad

And for Hyundai with their brand new test car pretty much destroyed.

Were they wise to take out such an important new car in such conditions for its first real road test ? There was still time for a Monte PET and to test the car in a safer environment to start with.

AnttiL
4th December 2021, 21:38
And for Hyundai with their brand new test car pretty much destroyed.

Were they wise to take out such an important new car in such conditions for its first real road test ? There was still time for a Monte PET and to test the car in a safer environment to start with.

I think it was just tarmac testing.

Fast Eddie WRC
5th December 2021, 09:07
I saw the the photo and read this:

'Thierry Neuville and Martijn Wydaeghe crashed into a ravine during a test drive in Labastide-Rouairoux. The new Hyundai i20 looked bad.

Neuville and Wydaeghe were testing the vehicle under extreme weather conditions.'

flat_right
5th December 2021, 11:07
Now they can bring back the old car and test rims ;)

Jokes aside, then do they in a way insure themselves for these kind of situations and make 2 cars ready, if something goes wrong with the main car?

Racing Ka
5th December 2021, 11:28
Who would like try with fingers is the crashed car without HV Electric current after accident in the water?

mknight
5th December 2021, 12:14
Who would like try with fingers is the crashed car without HV Electric current after accident in the water?

They have an indicator light for that.

Franky
5th December 2021, 13:30
They have an indicator light for that.

Unless it's a giant siren on top of the car, average Joe won't know the difference.

denkimi
5th December 2021, 15:37
Now they can bring back the old car and test rims ;)

Jokes aside, then do they in a way insure themselves for these kind of situations and make 2 cars ready, if something goes wrong with the main car?
I assume at this point they will have at least 3 cars ready or about ready.

Mirek
5th December 2021, 15:53

I wouldn't bet on that because of how late they started the testing of the actual 2022 cars. Everything seems to be pointing out to them being behind the schedule

rallyfiend
5th December 2021, 16:01
I can't imagine this is anything less than fairly catastrophic for both the testing /development phases and the impending homologation inspections...

Andre Oliveira
6th December 2021, 07:51
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FF6MZJiWUAQ5dCa?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FF59adWXsAEPPkS?format=jpg&name=900x900

EstWRC
6th December 2021, 08:20
Jesus Christ

I don’t even have words

Fast Eddie WRC
6th December 2021, 08:56

Nope. They only had the one and another will take some time.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/will-hyundai-be-ready-for-the-monte/

doubled1978
6th December 2021, 09:10
Jesus Christ

I don’t even have words

Mate, I’m with you. All I can say is let’s be grateful those two lads are ok.

flat_right
6th December 2021, 09:27
Looking at the pictures and seeing the damage, then it feels in a way bigger shunt than Tänak had in Monte. Possibly maybe because here are more bedrocks and trees exposed + river. Thank god that cars are that strong and nothing happened to them. Would not even want to imagine what would have happened, if they had landed to river roof first.... crazy..

rallyfiend
6th December 2021, 10:00
Given that this was the first high-speed test for the new car (the previous tests being on ridiculous amounts of snow on tarmac tyres...), I hope the crash wasn't caused by some sort of fundamental flaw in the new car....

Fast Eddie WRC
6th December 2021, 10:23
Meanwhile TGR have sent a 2022 Yaris Rally1 test car to Japan to show and do demo runs.

https://www.as-web.jp/rally/767186

Andre Oliveira
6th December 2021, 16:39
Erik Cais with Eric Camilli testing to Monte-Carlo 2022

https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/37608-test-monte-carlo-2022-cais-erik-ford-fiesta-rally2-by-papajulien/

denkimi
7th December 2021, 03:39
Nope. They only had the one and another will take some time.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/will-hyundai-be-ready-for-the-monte/
They'll need at least 3, preferably 4 or more ready in 5 weeks.

So i would be supprised if all the parts and chassis aren't already build or being build.

Fast Eddie WRC
7th December 2021, 09:09
They'll need at least 3, preferably 4 or more ready in 5 weeks.

So i would be supprised if all the parts and chassis aren't already build or being build.

"Sources have indicated the crashed chassis was the only test-ready car Hyundai Motorsport has right now. The team will be working harder than ever to fast-forward chassis number two to get it on the road as soon as possible..."

Andre Oliveira
7th December 2021, 09:23
The main problem is not have the car or not. It is the development. The homologation process have fixed dates, when homologated, good or not, they will be stuck with that at least 3 months.

Fast Eddie WRC
7th December 2021, 09:29
Meanwhile M-Sport mechanics have time for some fun... ;)

https://youtu.be/6omLFgu4kRg

EstWRC
7th December 2021, 19:15
WRC Preview 2022 | Test Rally1 Hybrid | Toyota | Hyundai | Ford [Passats de canto]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEXF6U_GtB4

EstWRC
9th December 2021, 20:59
LOL https://youtu.be/dhuKSSCRc14

seb_sh
9th December 2021, 22:12
LOL https://youtu.be/dhuKSSCRc14

that's amazing, Toyota clearly have something the others don't!

Eli
10th December 2021, 20:44
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/ogier-finally-gets-first-rally1-test-this-weekend/

After it didn't happen last time, tomorrow Ogier should start testing the new Yaris Rally1.

Fredouye
11th December 2021, 07:19
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211211/db9272629a3dc3696abc747fed54501a.jpg

First test with the beast for Ogier :)

dimviii
11th December 2021, 08:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGUMTUBXsAUHRe0?format=jpg&name=medium

https://twitter.com/DirtFishRally/status/1469595711406850052
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGUa6imXMAwBC6d?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGUa6imX0AM3ebx?format=jpg&name=medium

Andre Oliveira
11th December 2021, 09:10
Pics by Julien PixelRallye

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGUa6imXMAwBC6d?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGUa6imX0AM3ebx?format=jpg&name=medium

dimviii
11th December 2021, 10:57
WRCWings
@llluis555
The images from the Toyota GR Yaris #Rally1 test's today show how the front brake cooling air intakes have been blocked, while no antifog lamps are used, with respect to the car last seen in November (left) @eWRCresults
Camera with flashJulienPixelrallye #WRClive #WRCliveES #WRCjp #WRC2022 #WRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGUqERtXIAMSgfj?format=jpg&name=large

Fast Eddie WRC
11th December 2021, 11:26
It's going to be interesting to see what Ogier thinks of the new Toyota Rally1 car... especially if he really, really likes it ...

Jakem
11th December 2021, 14:07
Neuville manged to crach into river also in 2018 while testing. Quite big coincidence...

becher
11th December 2021, 14:43
really well proportioned car. much more appealing than the i20 or the Puma.

Andre Oliveira
11th December 2021, 16:43
Ogier - Veillas

https://youtu.be/WGOgGDyJwsM

dimviii
11th December 2021, 18:10
Ogier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpLPZH2ueAw

lh0106
11th December 2021, 18:14
Is there a calendar to testing or where do people know when and where there are the tests?

dimviii
11th December 2021, 18:17
Ogier
https://youtu.be/2fULIF4dNCM

dimviii
11th December 2021, 18:22
i see that he green/red light on yaris is at different position from hyundai.
Wouldnt be safer and easier for spectators to be at same position at any car?
by the way imho better position is at both side rear windows

TheFlyingTuga
11th December 2021, 20:28
i see that he green/red light on yaris is at different position from hyundai.
Wouldnt be safer and easier for spectators to be at same position at any car?
by the way imho better position is at both side rear windows

The Yaris also have them on the side. Maybe three points will be mandatory...idk

dimviii
11th December 2021, 21:07
“Of course it’s my first time in the new car and there’s a lot of things to adapt to.

“I can, of course, feel the change of regulation is still quite big.

“The car is reacting differently in quite many ways from the one we used for the last five years.

“I was still positively, how would I say? Surprised? Maybe surprised is not the right word.

“I was positive about the day and my first impression with the car is of course you say straightaway that it’s new technology and this is a big challenge for the teams.”
Ogier said he enjoyed the challenge of deploying and regenerating the electric boost – in the shape of an additional 120bhp – from the Yaris.

The eight-time world champion added: “On the driving style you have some things to adapt to with the regeneration, which is important to be able to use the boost.

“And some new parameters for us drivers and I think that somehow makes it exciting.

“It’s something new to try to adapt to. When it’s new, in general there’s always more expectation around it.”

Ogier will complete his test on a new road in France on Sunday.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-ogier-thought-of-his-first-rally1-test/

Fredouye
12th December 2021, 07:46
Second day of testing for Ogier

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211212/547ef019d1fa0fd8cca997a437d34ecc.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211212/791af343e172b12ef277206e1b3e6e77.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211212/0ec699c6613ba5f32c174302c6b1049a.jpg

Fredouye
12th December 2021, 11:26
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211212/ba706e1c34bf2a8561a04e1318ef7de5.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211212/7f85f47ac8453f0e37c9582658cebb56.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211212/0b497e9c7d457b858bc5d8869c164c35.jpg

Fredouye
12th December 2021, 12:33
Well, the day is certainly over, small off.

EstWRC
12th December 2021, 14:01
Ogier day 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQEmjt6IzN8

dimviii
12th December 2021, 18:13
The Yaris also have them on the side. Maybe three points will be mandatory...idk

yeap clearly visible at night
https://youtu.be/hVUAllVVzfE

Fast Eddie WRC
13th December 2021, 11:21
Ogier enjoyed the new challenge:

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc/ogier-tests-hybrid-gr-yaris-for-first-time/

matija_1988
13th December 2021, 13:57
Takata seat belt :) :) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211213/676f55c2e07223d751c668638175483a.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
13th December 2021, 14:24
And see the co-drivers seat now level with the driver so each seat supports the other in a side impact accident.

ouvreur
13th December 2021, 14:37
And see the co-drivers seat now level with the driver so each seat supports the other in a side impact accident.

I'm not sure that's the reason why... a side impact significant enough to move the driver's seat is going to need more than another seat to absorb it...

It looks like they're testing with their homologation chassis, judging by the dot used for scanning that they've forgotten to remove from the rear main hoop gusset. Doubt that's significant, just cool - and it suggests they've already completed the part of the process that involves taking the car to Switzerland.

AnttiL
13th December 2021, 15:14
Well spotted, and confirmed

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc/toyota-settled-on-final-gr-yaris-hybrid-spec/

Andre Oliveira
13th December 2021, 15:37
That is well spotted but a bit bad to Hyundai side.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th December 2021, 15:41
I'm not sure that's the reason why... a side impact significant enough to move the driver's seat is going to need more than another seat to absorb it...

Craig Breen and Paul Nagle said in an interview last night that its to stop one seat going over or under the other in a crash. The 'wings' of the two seats are now locked together.

mknight
13th December 2021, 16:08
Well spotted, and confirmed

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc/toyota-settled-on-final-gr-yaris-hybrid-spec/

Note that the picture of Katsuta from the side has a "cover" that covers part of the big opening behind the front wheel.

On second look Ogier had the same cover on his test. That might be the biggest difference I see on this latest car.

Mirek
13th December 2021, 17:11

The main reason for having them in the middle side by side is to have larger deformation zone on the outer side. Since it is very small every centimeter counts. It helps a little bit also with the balance of the car of course.

dimviii
13th December 2021, 17:39
Κatsuta
https://youtu.be/Jh5cocm-6hc

Fast Eddie WRC
13th December 2021, 18:18
Breen stated he has just has one more day of testing next week (think he said in Rovaniemi) and then the PET for Monte in January.

So there's not much more opportunity to prepare for the new season behind the wheel. But luckily he already feels really comfortable in the Puma.

There will also be a hybrid system 'training day' in Jan 2022 for all Rally1 crews run by the WRC.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th December 2021, 18:38
Toyota:
The team has a final pre-event test scheduled the week before Rallye Monte-Carlo but Fowler said there were no plans to squeeze a Rally Sweden snow test into the plan until after the French fixture.

“We have looked into it but we don’t have the ideal conditions at the moment to do that so we won’t do any other testing for other surfaces until after Monte-Carlo now,” Fowler explained.

Andre Oliveira
13th December 2021, 19:20
Katsuta

https://scontent.fopo4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/266356920_5189093047786747_7912462363794284178_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=PbWVBKyu59kAX9Y35lX&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo4-1.fna&oh=00_AT_MDJTrZO6VmNRaSD0YRTMiOPvjcdasyvres-5UkkMg4Q&oe=61BCE205

AnttiL
13th December 2021, 19:47
So all of Evans, Tänak, Neuville, Ogier and Katsuta have had an off in a Rally1 car (Tänak only softly into a snowy ditch)

TypeR
13th December 2021, 19:59
Any pics of Ogier's off?

EstWRC
13th December 2021, 20:27
So all of Evans, Tänak, Neuville, Ogier and Katsuta have had an off in a Rally1 car (Tänak only softly into a snowy ditch)

So Ford has the best car? ;)

ouvreur
14th December 2021, 06:08

It's either so well planted that it is difficult to crash...

...or it isn't going fast enough!

Hartusvuori
14th December 2021, 06:10

Oliver earlier too, off in size comparable to Tänak's visit to the snow bank. That was actually the first reported off road excursion for a Rally 1 car.

AnttiL
14th December 2021, 07:56

Or best at keeping their tests secret ;)

AnttiL
14th December 2021, 07:56
Oliver earlier too, off in size comparable to Tänak's visit to the snow bank. That was actually the first reported off road excursion for a Rally 1 car.

With the old car? Tänak and Neuville did it with the new version.

Hartusvuori
14th December 2021, 08:13
With the old car? Tänak and Neuville did it with the new version.

That earlier version was a Rally1 too.

AnttiL
14th December 2021, 09:06
That earlier version was a Rally1 too.

Presumably yes, but in theory they could have had some solutions that wouldn't have been homologated.

Anyway that wasn't even my point, I just wanted to check which version it was because I didn't remember the incident :)

doubled1978
14th December 2021, 10:27

It would be interesting to know what the actual causes for these accidents are, is it just the drivers getting caught out having a less capable car to the previous one? It is odd that there have been so many in a short period of time. Particularly the Toyota, as everyone seems to be crashing it! And I thought it looked pretty good in the videos too 😂

mknight
14th December 2021, 11:02
It's either so well planted that it is difficult to crash...

...or it isn't going fast enough!

Or their drivers are too scared to push it ;)

It would be interesting to know what the actual causes for these accidents are, is it just the drivers getting caught out having a less capable car to the previous one? It is odd that there have been so many in a short period of time. Particularly the Toyota, as everyone seems to be crashing it! And I thought it looked pretty good in the videos too ��

Well Ogier has had a few test crashes with current Yaris as well (seemingly much more than with Fiesta or C3).

Anyway there should be some difference. The Rally1 cars are likely harder to control and push close to the edge. So definitely good move by FIA in making them more safe as there should be more crashes, especially at the start.

Hartusvuori
14th December 2021, 11:09
All crashes have happened on tarmac too. Well, Tänak's small off was on snow, but still tarmac road underneath.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2021, 14:44
MSport arctic testing...
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/m-sport-to-test-rally1-car-in-arctic-this-week/

dimviii
14th December 2021, 15:10
Οgier day 2-3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD29duz8_Ok

EstWRC
14th December 2021, 19:08
Ogier Day3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSzVzEPYZfc

spyros
15th December 2021, 05:50
Ogier Day3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSzVzEPYZfc

Look at 1.42 small slide and then something i cant understand like misfire.

AMSS
15th December 2021, 06:00
Look at 1.42 small slide and then something i cant understand like misfire.

Looks almost as if he lost rwd

dupanton
15th December 2021, 10:30
Looks almost as if he lost rwd

Yes, I think he broke a driveshaft or differential.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th December 2021, 15:16
All that damage to Neuville's car was from landing from 30m on its roof...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/neuville-gives-his-account-of-30-meter-drop-in-test-crash/

TypeR
15th December 2021, 16:05
All that damage to Neuville's car was from landing from 30m on its roof...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/neuville-gives-his-account-of-30-meter-drop-in-test-crash/
It's just crazy and incredible that they walked staright out the car..

EstWRC
15th December 2021, 17:04
Evans https://youtu.be/5t7_xfl5iKs

EstWRC
15th December 2021, 18:25
Evans https://youtu.be/t6TU5vvpCD0

Andre Oliveira
15th December 2021, 21:03
https://scontent.fopo5-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/fr/cp0/e15/q65/268258185_5196937350335650_9174933872390867307_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ca434c&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=p_LlMefrcPsAX8JOgvv&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo5-2.fna&oh=00_AT-aIXVlu_sLm59M0tKSDBn_mC4Nl0vDooxgnHyeipYd8g&oe=61BEA370

rallyfiend
15th December 2021, 21:09
https://scontent.fopo5-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/fr/cp0/e15/q65/268258185_5196937350335650_9174933872390867307_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ca434c&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=p_LlMefrcPsAX8JOgvv&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo5-2.fna&oh=00_AT-aIXVlu_sLm59M0tKSDBn_mC4Nl0vDooxgnHyeipYd8g&oe=61BEA370

I think Tom just said more to do with body-work, didn't he?

Is that Stu Loudon with Elf?

Christian probably should be concentrating on other things right now....

mknight
15th December 2021, 21:25

Yeah I also found that interesting.

They were last to roll out the "final" version of the car, crashed after little relevant testing and then seemingly had no car to test with before starting the homologation, in the meantime their boss left/got fired.

...and he has time (and will) to troll on twitter.

Overworked/stressed so much he is desperate to get some relief?
Or did they submitt final homologation version so there is nothing more to change now and he gets relief?

Essaj
15th December 2021, 22:44
Is that Stu Loudon with Elf
Looks like Aaron to me

WRCStan
15th December 2021, 23:09
That photo reminds me of the Ronnie Pickering video.

These cars look mighty cosy. Is there even room to take a helmet off and feed it through to the rear?

AnttiL
16th December 2021, 04:29
I think Tom just said more to do with body-work, didn't he?

Is that Stu Loudon with Elf?

And roll cages were FIA-specified for all teams?

EstWRC
16th December 2021, 05:03
Wheres that post from? I don’t see it on his Facebook and I think he doesn’t have a Twitter?

AnttiL
16th December 2021, 05:42
Seems like friends only post from facebook (icon next to 19 min)

EstWRC
16th December 2021, 17:14
Kalle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMT-9MCxc_g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdURoVCAx3w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNIJr6mH7Hw

satnav
16th December 2021, 17:52
Craig and Paul go into a bit about the Puma on this, well worth listing to;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ7ZoghqUQQ&t=217s

EstWRC
18th December 2021, 08:11
Suninen Rally2 https://youtu.be/6981TnsLv_4

Andre Oliveira
18th December 2021, 08:48
They are back

https://scontent.fopo4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/267897559_1052964785484275_9192733201102892539_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=zl9HMuyQ5LsAX-vUtC6&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo4-1.fna&oh=00_AT-kaoClGArO9-fbcCr39lGDj2YbnBTYl9V7oXyALCxbKQ&oe=61C283C0

EstWRC
18th December 2021, 08:58
i really hope we get some decent videos later tonight

cali
18th December 2021, 09:56
Who's driving?

EstWRC
18th December 2021, 09:59
Who's driving?

Neuville, you can see the belgian flag on the windshield

thats how they usually show who is driving but not always

EstWRC
18th December 2021, 10:40
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/268031534_2123893347773796_7692960688826100197_n.j pg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=bFi0vg-_e_8AX_UgsfT&tn=DcYXvY5M0zzXWiOx&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_xnfG-n2ZjTilWFYhzXNbE1kztD7Ctg-S5WhbXwZPyfg&oe=61C3782D
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/267915730_2123893354440462_2611988748443049461_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ZElc4GtAgckAX-RvN9T&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT9k8Jb-aHVDZjsBmPxeFwCSdwDhQ7cS11Iu2tzUGKb5UA&oe=61C1C323

https://www.facebook.com/julienpixelrallye/posts/2123893151107149

macebig
18th December 2021, 11:02
Looks like Hyundai did some revisions again. Should probably be the final car now.

er88
18th December 2021, 11:56
Busy week for Hyundai.

EstWRC
18th December 2021, 15:05
Neuville https://youtu.be/m2nAcQXcuJc

EstWRC
18th December 2021, 16:16
Neuville https://youtu.be/fVQFa5Kj-To

EstWRC
18th December 2021, 16:28
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/267995799_2124100774419720_3124486034940230508_n.j pg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=01lrF_AA9vsAX87I7Wv&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_nOfvLqd-e726pVghhJze4iEYhsquz5Jft3vRR_wk38A&oe=61C39917
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/268095468_2124103154419482_2449760253736446207_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=DyFWAV8C-_MAX_3xD9d&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT9LYoqlZjVr6LGKsQp8uQbK07N7X1HYpMX7juTqXMiZ 9w&oe=61C2DA03
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/268068625_2124103197752811_942905731557144525_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=6AdPybP6ObIAX-Rudl4&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT-xUX1Gq68ki4AUPDVK7jL_q1owmCQm7QnUTgFb5gDL0g&oe=61C3CFF5

https://www.facebook.com/julienpixelrallye/posts/2124103381086126

er88
18th December 2021, 17:52
That is one ugly duckling

EstWRC
18th December 2021, 18:21
Neuville https://youtu.be/cNhQqB587go

mknight
19th December 2021, 06:29
I still find the (cooling?) duct "in the middle of nowhere" ahead of the rear wheels particularly weird.

The most likely explanation to me seems that if it's for brake cooling it is positioned so that the "pipe" can be as straight and short as possible.

While that would be better for cooling the air is removed from an area where there shouldn't be any big benefit from removing it (unlike Fiesta 2017) and also not from an area where there is much less gravel/dust like 2017 i20 and Yaris after upgrades.