PDA

View Full Version : BTCC Alfa-less again!

Alfa Fan
7th March 2008, 21:36
Please don't let it be! Really hope there's a surprise Alfa entry on Wednesday otherwise we're out Alfa in the championship again :( Even if they haven't always been the quickest or most reliable cars entered, the field is poorer without at least one.

BTCC2
7th March 2008, 22:16
I still hope theres a chance that Eoin Murray has secured the budget he was after.

Alfa Fan
7th March 2008, 23:02
I wouldn't have thought it's likely to be honest. And if he is on the entry, I hope its properly funded this year as it's such a shame to see him struggle like he did last year.

tdb
8th March 2008, 00:28
Rob Collard tested the Alfa, but you hate him so you wouldn't want an alfa on the grid with him in it would you!

Media day is not a full representation of what will be racing this year, i beleive only 20 are attending media day but the grid will be 26+

VkmSpouge
8th March 2008, 11:55
Yes, attendance on media day is usually different to what appears on the entry list.
I hope there is an Alfa Romeo on the grid this year.

dwracing23
8th March 2008, 12:34
Media day is not a full representation of what will be racing this year, i beleive only 20 are attending media day but the grid will be 26+

Are Xero one of these so called "only 20"?

Wouldnt it be great to have an Alfa running at the front!? I would expect to see the usual faces at media day, it provides so much coverage for you as a team and a team partner you'd be silly not to attend really - wouldnt you!?

LiamM
8th March 2008, 12:35
But the full entry list (so far) is revealed at Media day, so we will know on Wednesday?

dwracing23
8th March 2008, 12:41
that is very true, are you going to media day liam m?

tdb
8th March 2008, 18:11
you'd be silly not to attend really - wouldnt you!?

Well that depends on how you veiw things.
Pay your entry, attend media day and have the testing restriction imposed on you.

OR

Test at any track you want as much as you want and turn up for the first round ready to do battle.

As for Xero's attendance, you'll have to wait and see. ;)

cos
8th March 2008, 18:17
Pay your entry, attend media day and have the testing restriction imposed on you.

OR

Test at any track you want as much as you want and turn up for the first round ready to do battle.

Can't teams test as much as they want up to a week before the first round?

dwracing23
8th March 2008, 18:26
I can fully understand teams not attending media day for the testing reasons, media day just gives you so much coverage and really says to people/ie the fans "we are here for the full year and intend to win races" its really up to each teams manager on how they choose to look at things like extra testing aganist coverage for sponsors - end of the day a few teams really rely on sponsors paying for the drivers or teams to race, so the more value you can add to the sponsors business just makes them more satisfied that they have sponsored a team.

If you do go to media day it will be interesting to see how you go aganist the btc racing lexus's.

Alfa Fan
8th March 2008, 18:49

OR

This is what you said last year, and then never turned up. I fear it will be the same again this year! Can you reassure this won't be the case? Because last year you even said you had your driver signed!

tdb
8th March 2008, 19:06
This is what you said last year

No i didn't!!!!

tdb
8th March 2008, 19:13
I fear it will be the same again this year! Can you reassure this won't be the case? Because last year you even said you had your driver signed!

Fear not!

Last year a driver signed but the cheque never arrived.

This year, money is in place for both drivers. you can see on the Xero website that one car has been painted a very specific colour to suit the driver and his sponsors.

The black car will remain black but with a new twist. again to suit the driver's sponsors.

I assure you Xero will be racing in the BTCC this year and from the first round!

And you can quote me on that!!

tdb
8th March 2008, 19:21
Can't teams test as much as they want up to a week before the first round?

once you pay your entry and media day happens, you may only test at official tests, ie media day afternoon at rockingham.

From then on you can only test at a track on the calender once you have raced there.

You CAN test at any track NOT on the calender, hence a lot of teams go to pembrey.

Alfa Fan
8th March 2008, 19:22
Well thats very good news. When will we hear exactly what Xero have planned for the coming season? I remember reading somewhere that it was meant to be announced at the end of last week but obviously not. Will it be revealed on Media Day?

tdb
8th March 2008, 19:33
Unfortunately for you, your questions will not get any exclusive answers.
When PDS has taken the pics and touringcartimes have published the press release, then and only then will all be revealed. ;)

LiamM
8th March 2008, 20:20
that is very true, are you going to media day liam m?

Well no, I was going, then I was told I have to do a presentation to on Wednesday afternoon so I cancelled my plans with my friends, then my presentation was moved to Tuesday and my friends have decided they arent going and I have no way to get there!

LiamM
8th March 2008, 20:36
Well thats very good news. When will we hear exactly what Xero have planned for the coming season? I remember reading somewhere that it was meant to be announced at the end of last week but obviously not. Will it be revealed on Media Day?

Sorry for the double post guys (can someone merge)

It will be revealed on Media Day.....by Toca. Cos im sure if tdb is that certain they are racing, they have filled out the correct forms and paid their entry money.

So touringcartimes have got 3 days left for their exclusive

Alfa Fan
8th March 2008, 20:40
Sorry for the double post guys (can someone merge)

It will be revealed on Media Day.....by Toca. Cos im sure if tdb is that certain they are racing, they have filled out the correct forms and paid their entry money.

They are allowed to appear as a TBA on the entry list if they wish though....

cookingfat
8th March 2008, 21:44
They are allowed to appear as a TBA on the entry list if they wish though....

Only IF they have registered!

TOCA will not name any teams on Media Day that have not registered!

LiamM, teams can register at any time upto what ever round they want to race at!

It will just cost them more to do so!

LiamM
8th March 2008, 22:08
TOCA will not name any teams on Media Day that have not registered!

Hence

Cos im sure if tdb is that certain they are racing, they have filled out the correct forms and paid their entry money.

I wasnt aware that teams could stipulate TBA tho

tdb
8th March 2008, 23:20

you're "sure" are you?

tin-top fan
9th March 2008, 10:43
Shouldn't there be some kind of registration block put in between media day and the 1st race really? For example, if you haven't registered by media day then you can't race until the 2nd meeting at earliest?
Surley media day should contain all the cars in the series? To me it makes the series look far less professional if people stay away and test on their own instead....

LiamM
9th March 2008, 10:59
From the regulations pdf on the BTCC website

All drivers, entrants, teams and manufacturers must register with TOCA for the Championship in
accordance with Commercial Undertaking 6.5. The completed Registration Form with the
Registration Fee must be received by the Co-ordinator prior to 12 noon on Monday, February
26th, 2007. The Administrator has the right at his/her absolute discretion to accept or reject any
registration for the Championship received after Monday, February 26th, 2007 upon such terms
as he/she thinks fit. Applicants will be notified whether or not they have been accepted as
entrants to Championship by Monday, March 12th, 2007, to a maximum of 30.
Drivers who are accepted into the Championship after Monday, March 12th, 2007, and who take
the number of entries over 30 will be classified as Late Registrations.
At circuits where reserves are nominated due to Track Licence restrictions in the number of
starters Late Registrations who are nominated as reserves may be permitted to take part in all
BTCC free practice and official qualifying sessions (subject to Track Licence restrictions) but will
only take up their grid position if a competitor (registered prior to Monday, March 12th, 2007)
officially withdraws from any of the Races. In the event of a competitor being unable to take a restart
of a race following a red flag, the number of nominated reserves equal to the number of
official retirements may take up positions at the rear of the respective class grid only at the restart.
In both cases, reserves will be chosen in order of their qualifying position.

So if you dont register by the end of Feb, your a late entry, and you have to run with Late Entry Ballast from the first round

ready2rock
9th March 2008, 12:48
From the regulations pdf on the BTCC website

So if you dont register by the end of Feb, your a late entry, and you have to run with Late Entry Ballast from the first round

Im sure its 2008?

Northern Monkey
9th March 2008, 12:58
I'm pretty 'sure' the best person to comment on Xero is TDB given he is part of the team, so the rest of you can speculate as you wish. As has been pointed out, even if the team isn't on the list come media day, they can still enter in time for Brands - and until the entry is lodged they will be able to go out and complete more testing.

So it could well be there is no Xero on the entry list revealed on Wednesday, but then another two Lexus on the grid come Brands Hatch. All will be revealed when Xero are ready for it to be revealed!

And to get back on topic, unless Eoin won the lottery at the weekend, don't get your hopes up on having an Alfa to cheer on this season.

cookingfat
9th March 2008, 13:27
As it is almost certain that you won't see the A-Tech Alfa's again either!

Marc W
9th March 2008, 17:23
Shouldn't there be some kind of registration block put in between media day and the 1st race really? For example, if you haven't registered by media day then you can't race until the 2nd meeting at earliest?
Surley media day should contain all the cars in the series? To me it makes the series look far less professional if people stay away and test on their own instead....

You can register and not attend media day if you want as Eoin Murray did last year, although A-Tech had borrowed his car! There were quite a few non running cars present last year too. Although it's nice to see the cars at media day I don't think attendance should be compulsory.

Les
9th March 2008, 18:52
yes but it is a big exposure thing and if you can attend you should even if your car can't run.

tdb
11th March 2008, 21:50
so darelle wilson and matt gore are apparently entered and due to race alfas, not too sure on the colour scheme but they should stand out at least.

Robinho
12th March 2008, 13:09
that was kept nice and quiet up to media day, what does anyone know about these pair (i've not heard much if anything about either driver). and where have the cars come from, are they A-tech's old cars, ex WTCC, or another?