PDA

View Full Version : 50th Rallye Sanremo 2008

Pages : [1] 2

J4MIE
7th March 2008, 20:19
Now I know it is very very early, but please bear with me :p :

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea if the program of the rally will be the same as 2007 was - that is, some stages on the Thursday evening, a couple on Friday morning/lunchtime and a full day on Saturday?

(hopefully it will be)

Anyone any ideas yet?

PLuto
7th March 2008, 20:20
I mean you are thinking too early :)

Karbonyl
7th March 2008, 21:10
It's definitely too early, but I think, that Sanremo 07 had very unfriendly scheme...

pino
10th March 2008, 10:08
The only thing I know at this stage is that the Rally will last 3 days, for the rest ...yes it's too early :p :

pino
30th March 2008, 12:54
Here's the program (italian only at the moment)

http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?ID=13590

wwbroe
30th March 2008, 13:45
I see they have a stage of almost 60 kms in lenght, wich will be run in the dark. I think we will see big differences in times there :o :eek:

Mirek
30th March 2008, 13:57
That will be a true hardcore challenge! But I don't think that making one stage that much longer than the others is very good idea...

J4MIE
30th March 2008, 16:56
Here's the program (italian only at the moment)

http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?ID=13590

Fantastico! :up:

Grazie ;)

If I remember rightly they had a 53km stage in 2003, and the top two drivers were seperated by just 0.3 seconds :eek: so it's not all about big gaps because of the long stage ;)

animrallye
1st May 2008, 11:40
]That will be a true hardcore challenge! But I don't think that making one stage that much longer than the others is very good idea...
This 59,90 km stage (SS4), is SS1 + SS2 + SS3 and is the mythic "Ronde del Monte Bignone"
:)

23rd June 2008, 08:21
2. Description of errors in students’ English writing “An error can be defined as a deviation from the norms of the target language”. It takes place as a result of lack of knowledge. It represents a lack of linguistic competence .A mistakes occurs when learners fail to perform their competence.Shaiya gold (http://www.fast-wowgold.com/shaiya-gold.htm)3. Problems involved in students’ writing 3.1 Improper choices of words In writing, quite a number of students fail to choose and use the correct and appropriate English words. They could not discriminate the synonyms. The following examples are taken from students’ writings:fly for fun gold (http://www.fast-wowgold.com/flyff-gold.htm)(1) In area, China is the third largest state in the world.(2) The program has won the support of the whole land.(3) China is my native nation.(4) The company is of country-owned enterprise.(5) They lived in a little town.(6) I can never forget the small town where I spent my happy childhood.The above sentences are unacceptable. Students mingle the meaning of words. Country, nation, state and land have more or less the same denotation and may all be translated into guojia in Chinese, but their connotations are quite different. Country refers to an area of land and its population and government, nation emphasizes the people of a country, state refers to the government or political organization of country, and land is less precise but more literary and emotive than country. Small and little are often interchangeable, but there is some difference in emotional coloring between them. Small is objective, while little may imply a feeling of fondness. Therefore, the above sentences could be revised as the following :( 1) In area, China is the third largest country in the world.(2) The program has won the support of the whole nation.(3) China is my native land.(4) The company is of state-owned enterprises.(5) They lived in a small town.(6) I can never forget the little town where I spent my happy childhood.EVE ISK (http://www.just4gold.com)3.2 Problems involved in collocation of words Wrongly collocating words is very common in English writing. Students have little awareness of the collocation of words. Just look at the following examples selected from students’ writings :( 1) Nowadays, the traffic in big cities is getting more and more crowed.In this sentence, heavy should replace the word traffic. In English, crowed could not be used to modify “traffic”, although we may guess the meaning, it is wrong to English-speaking people.(2) For some students, the tuition feesare so expensive that they cannot afford them.age of Conan gold (http://www.fast-wowgold.com/age-of-conan-gold.htm)In English speaking country, they used to say high or fees rather than expensive or cheap fees. So expensive should be replaced by high.(3) Some university graduates find that the opportunities to get a good job are becoming smaller and smaller. Opportunity usually used along with the word such as rare, scanty, and poor. The word smaller should be replaced by poorer.twelve sky gold (http://www.fast-wowgold.com/twelve-sky-gold.htm)

Tom206wrc
13th August 2008, 23:56
My GOD !!!! 133 entries for the BFGoodrich drive on this event :eek: :eek:

Good luck to italian journalists, BFGoodrich and Kronos people for the right choice of driver :s

atsiotras79
26th August 2008, 23:38
So this is going to be my 2nd rally outside Greece this year.

Any advice that could help?

gravelman
27th August 2008, 01:16
I see they have a stage of almost 60 kms in lenght, wich will be run in the dark. I think we will see big differences in times there :o :eek:

WRC could learn a thing or two from IRC!!

chryby
27th August 2008, 22:09
probably, jan kopeckż will go on sanremo with fabia S2000 as zero car

wwbroe
27th August 2008, 22:35
probably, jan kopeckż will go on sanremo with fabia S2000 as zero car

Hey, that is good news. Hopefully he can repeat performance of Barum Rally. ;)

atsiotras79
27th August 2008, 22:50
Oh my god! Super news if this actually happens!!!

30th August 2008, 10:40
Andrea Torlasco will be the BF Goodrich Driver in Sanremo.

The 5 finalists were

Piergiorgio Deila
Sandro Sottile
Davide Medici
Andrea Torlasco
Simone Campedelli

Madeira
30th August 2008, 11:24
Andrea Torlasco will be the BF Goodrich Driver in Sanremo.

The 5 finalists were

Piergiorgio Deila
Sandro Sottile
Davide Medici
Andrea Torlasco
Simone Campedelli

Very good choice!. This time we will see an young talent in action!

Tom206wrc
30th August 2008, 11:49
I would have wished Davide Medici, he already drove the 207 on a CIR round and was promisingly fast ;)

CricketsFilm
2nd September 2008, 16:12
We will be present to Saremo with Didier Auriol-Denis Giraudet (Fiat Punto S2000 - Grifone).

Tom206wrc
2nd September 2008, 16:22
There's the rumour of Guillaume Canivenq with a 207 S2000 on that event :confused:

Sulland
2nd September 2008, 23:15
We will be present to Saremo with Didier Auriol-Denis Giraudet (Fiat Punto S2000 - Grifone).

Do you know if Grifone has plans for their Corolla S2000R, did not Auriol drive that one as fast if not faster than The Punto when he tested both ?

This would be a perfect car as a rental for the right driver, would it not ?

Madeira
6th September 2008, 12:27
Well, a good surprise!

Luca Cantamessa will drive in the next Sanremo Rally a Peugeot 207 S2000 from G.Car sport (?)

dimviii
6th September 2008, 14:13
Paolo Andreucci with evo X in san remo :eek:

atsiotras79
6th September 2008, 14:53
With all these I read here I just cannot hold my excitement for going to the rally!

Filip
6th September 2008, 15:03
Paolo Andreucci with evo X in san remo :eek:

I would rather see him in Evo IX in San Remo.

Tom206wrc
6th September 2008, 15:14
Well, a good surprise!

Luca Cantamessa will drive in the next Sanremo Rally a Peugeot 207 S2000 from G.Car sport (?)

:bounce:

dimviii
6th September 2008, 15:31
Filip my source said that he is going to be with evo X in san remo,and i haven t got any reason to don t believe him,as he was always correct.
let s wait and see mate.

Tom206wrc
6th September 2008, 16:13
According to italian Rallylink forum also SANDRO SOTTILE would rent a 207 S2000 for Sanremo ;)

Filip
6th September 2008, 20:28
Filip my source said that he is going to be with evo X in san remo,and i haven t got any reason to don t believe him,as he was always correct.
let s wait and see mate.

I didn't say you were wrong, but I think his chances are better with the evo IX at the moment. Or maybe he gave up the fight for Italian title this year and wants to test the evo X for next season. ;)

Mirek
6th September 2008, 20:45
I think that his chances on Italian title are practicaly over. But he has Navarra close behind him in C.I.R. standings. Anyway it will be good for us to see what Evo X is capable of. Ucci has the speed. The only question is the car.

RS
14th September 2008, 20:52
Any ideas when the entry list will be released? It's less than two weeks till the start!

harriswrc
14th September 2008, 22:48
Any ideas when the entry list will be released? It's less than two weeks till the start!Tomorrow 15/9 the entries close. So, I suppose that 17-18/9 we will have the list.
From the official press relase, there are more than 100 entries 72 hours before the entries close.

Tom206wrc
16th September 2008, 09:02
Normally entrylist is available next friday(19th september) ;)

karlzoro
17th September 2008, 10:49
Don't forget this in San Remo,
http://dmares.zenfolio.com/p393257053/h3981e294#h3981e294
but I think his result won't be that good..I hope for top-10 place, and top-5 for Loix....

Evo X??? I heard from a Belgian Mitsu-Tuner this weekend that all that X's who drove already are standard and not tuned...and standard as "straight from the road"...I hope he choose for the IX then...
I think Basso will lead...but I don't know about Rossetti, will he be able to follow Giandomenico?? :rolleyes:

pino
17th September 2008, 12:21
Local driver Sandro Sottile will also compete on a Peugeot 2007 S2000 supported by Racing Lions and Yokohama Italy :up:

wwbroe
17th September 2008, 17:38
Looks like we might have a great entrylist, maybe Barum record of S2000 cars in danger? It will be difficult to beat Italian drivers with the itinary they have made in San Remo. Let's hope the best guy wins, my bets are on Basso or Rosetti. ;)

Mirek
17th September 2008, 17:53
I personaly expect about 25 or more S2000 on Sanremo. I hope I'm not wrong :)

HaCo
17th September 2008, 19:17
I hope Basso. :)

karlzoro
18th September 2008, 11:15
I also think it's Basso or Rossetti who will be on top of the podium...

atsiotras79
18th September 2008, 20:25
http://www.acisanremo.it/rallysanremo/documenti/elenco%20iscritti.pdf

Wim_Impreza
18th September 2008, 21:00
Only #29 for Didier Auriol. Once again the numbers in IRC are not that good.

Mirek
18th September 2008, 21:18
Is it realy starting order?

Wim_Impreza
18th September 2008, 21:28
I don't know Mirek, but hopefully not.

wwbroe
18th September 2008, 22:07
Anyhow, the record of S2000 entries of Barum Rally still stands, i count 19 S2000 's for San Remo. ;)

RS
18th September 2008, 22:10
I take it the Fabia S2000 is not starting as zero car? Maybe on Valais?

PLuto
18th September 2008, 22:42
I think it is starting order. Bad starting numbers isnt problem of IRC, but problem of FIA regulations and of course problem of organisers ;)

Tom206wrc
19th September 2008, 00:04
Good entrylist indeed :)

I thought Janika would have this rally too in his program :confused:
Pitty Guillaume Canivenq isn't starting unlike the rumour stated :(

Note the first female crew in S2000(Patrizia Sciascia and Cristina Biondi) :D

jure dvorsek
19th September 2008, 09:54
My bet is on Luka Rossetti, remember, he won already last year. Second after him is Basso. After those two boys, more names are to be mentioned: Vouilloz, ''fast Fredy'', Travaglia and not to forget Scandola.
Normaly, all Italian drivers are on home soil, so they will be difficult to catch...
But, do no forget one surprise: if it rains (as it was the case last year on first day), nowebody will be enough fast to follow Mr.Perfect-Andreucci !!!! If only he could get for a one race a top S2000 car, that would be paintfull for all S2000 drivers.....

HaCo
19th September 2008, 10:03
It depends on the weather as well. If it rains the Gr N's will have a better chance (like last year). Don't forget Longhi, at the start of the season he was fast on wet tarmac (although didn't last long due to a tragic accident), but that was with the N12. Travaghlia is doing very well last rallys on tarmac, in rally del friuilli he wasn't very far from Rosetti, but that was in an official Abarth.
I don't expect big thing from Fast Freddy unfortunately. I have the impression he is not fast enough on mountain roads, but of course we have to wait and see. :)

Another event to look forward too!!! :D

HaCo
19th September 2008, 10:19
This was btw in the rally programme of Rally Del Friulli y Alpi Orientali:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9616/img3459kh1.th.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img3459kh1.jpg)

Tom206wrc
19th September 2008, 10:36
I don't expect big thing from Fast Freddy unfortunately. I have the impression he is not fast enough on mountain roads, but of course we have to wait and see. :)

Another event to look forward too!!! :D

Don't tell me you'd rate Bernd Casier higher than Fast Freddy on this event !!! :p :

HaCo
19th September 2008, 10:55
Hmmm Tom, that's a hard one. I think Casier in raw speed is slower than Loix, but he is still growing so he might surprise. Of course a lot depends on the Polo. I remember in Ypres it has a problem of gear ratio, that it is too short, so if San Remo doesn't have to much long straight lines, it might perform well.
What I meant about Loix is that I don't think he will be fighting for victory, but of course we will have to wait and see, top 5 should be possible of course. :)

wwbroe
19th September 2008, 15:05
Does anybody have the gps-coordinates of the start and finish-places of the stages. If you do can you send them to me, so that i can prepare the stages in Google Earth. Thanks in advance. ;)

chryby
19th September 2008, 19:41
I take it the Fabia S2000 is not starting as zero car? Maybe on Valais?

jan kopeckż will go on san remo with fabia S2000, for 99% ;)

Tom206wrc
19th September 2008, 20:22

Great news :D

I hope some of the spectators will have chronos/GPS for his times :p :

RS
19th September 2008, 20:47

Cool, they keep it as quiet as ever!

Good news for the spectators and good for Skoda.

Wim_Impreza
20th September 2008, 11:00
Hmmm Tom, that's a hard one. I think Casier in raw speed is slower than Loix, but he is still growing so he might surprise. Of course a lot depends on the Polo. I remember in Ypres it has a problem of gear ratio, that it is too short, so if San Remo doesn't have to much long straight lines, it might perform well.
What I meant about Loix is that I don't think he will be fighting for victory, but of course we will have to wait and see, top 5 should be possible of course. :)

In Ypres, the topspeed from Casier was 171 km/h, but now it is 178 km/h. The Polo is now not slower in topspeed than the other S2000's. I don't think Loix will have a good result in Sanremo, even a top 5 is probably not possible with all the strong Italians and Vouilloz. Don't forget that the French rider was on the podium last year. Casier will be even more struggling and after his accident in Barum, he must absolutely finish now.

Mirek
20th September 2008, 11:57
Wim_Impreza: I don't see any sense in using medium gearbox on twisty Sanremo. They used medium on Barum as first time because Barum is very fast rally. Sanremo is totaly different and top speed is good for nothing there.

karlzoro
20th September 2008, 14:52
Does anybody have the gps-coordinates of the start and finish-places of the stages. If you do can you send them to me, so that i can prepare the stages in Google Earth. Thanks in advance. ;)

you're going to San Remo wwbroe???
I hope that Valais is also OK???

karlzoro
20th September 2008, 14:56
This was btw in the rally programme of Rally Del Friulli y Alpi Orientali:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9616/img3459kh1.th.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img3459kh1.jpg)

I Portugal there was also an Evo X body with the livery of Araujo on it in the service park...and if I'm right he's driving for Ralliart Italy???So, it could be the same body with other sponsors on it :rolleyes:

I also think that Casier will be slower than Loix in San Remo...I think that a top-10 would be very good for Bernd...and top-5 for Freddy :D I hope

wwbroe
20th September 2008, 15:02
you're going to San Remo wwbroe???
I hope that Valais is also OK???

Hey Karlzoro, good to hear from you. It has been a while. I will probably not go to San Remo, but some off my friends will be there and i will make some maps for them. I will go to Valais in october, at least i hope to go because i still have a little problem concerning my holliday at work. But that should be resolved quite soon, so i am planning to go there anyhow. We had another nice rally in Asturias, but i don't like the format of San Remo, so i won't go there probably. Hope to see you in Valais and let's keep the hope up for good result in San Remo and Valais. ;)

karlzoro
20th September 2008, 15:08
Hey Karlzoro, good to hear from you. It has been a while. I will probably not go to San Remo, but some off my friends will be there and i will make some maps for them. I will go to Valais in october, at least i hope to go because i still have a little problem concerning my holliday at work. But that should be resolved quite soon, so i am planning to go there anyhow. We had another nice rally in Asturias, but i don't like the format of San Remo, so i won't go there probably. Hope to see you in Valais and let's keep the hope up for good result in San Remo and Valais. ;)

Marc is going then??

wwbroe
20th September 2008, 15:12
Marc is going then??

Yes he is allready there, he left yesterdaymorning to Plan de la Tour. Some guys have all the luck. ;)

M.S.
21st September 2008, 16:38
Anybody can tell me where is this spot,and how go there ?
Thanks

http://www.rally-mania.cz/img_novinky/N1s_48d3638acdf79.jpg

PLuto
21st September 2008, 18:38
Thanks

I think it is from Rallye Sanremo :s mokin:

Salist
21st September 2008, 19:17
Official site???

HaCo
21st September 2008, 19:34
Google is your friend ;)
http://www.acisanremo.it/rallysanremo/

giangino
22nd September 2008, 21:11
Photos test Didier Auriol - Fiat Punto S2000 - Grifone http://www.avetowrc.com/

polo10
23rd September 2008, 03:15
i heard that Skoda probably run as a zero car in sanremo, anyone know if that is true?

pino
23rd September 2008, 07:57
Thanks

The village is called Apricale and that 's the amazing stage Apricale-Bajardo :s mokin: How to get there ? simple : Go from Sanremo to Ventimiglia, take the road to Dolceacqua-Isolabona-Apricale, with normal trafic it will take about 1 hour to get there. Good Luck :D

atsiotras79
23rd September 2008, 08:12
Οk, tonight we are travelling to Italy. I hope to meet some of you there.
If you see any people with "R40" t-shirts and Greek flag, come and talk to me.

Wish all the best to Greek driver Amaxopoulos with C2 R2 Max.

M.S.
23rd September 2008, 10:33
The village is called Apricale and that 's the amazing stage Apricale-Bajardo :s mokin: How to get there ? simple : Go from Sanremo to Ventimiglia, take the road to Dolceacqua-Isolabona-Apricale, with normal trafic it will take about 1 hour to get there. Good Luck :D

Thanks pino ;)

Tom206wrc
23rd September 2008, 10:51
Can't wait for the event to start !!! Friday si still too long to wait for my patience :D

PLuto
23rd September 2008, 11:28
i heard that Skoda probably run as a zero car in sanremo, anyone know if that is true?

As I know it should be still true :)

chryby
23rd September 2008, 13:32
now, it“s official:
http://www.ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=955

Tom206wrc
23rd September 2008, 14:51
When is the Fabia running an IRC event as participant and not 0 car ??? I want to follow Kopecky's times compared to the 207s/Grande Puntos with my own eyes on computer :rolleyes:

WRC1
23rd September 2008, 14:59
When is the Fabia running an IRC event as participant and not 0 car ??? I want to follow Kopecky's times compared to the 207s/Grande Puntos with my own eyes on computer :rolleyes:

monte 2009...

urabus-denoS2000
23rd September 2008, 15:39
Cant wait for the 59.9 km Ronde at dark!!!

atsiotras79
23rd September 2008, 15:46
Cant wait for the 59.9 km Ronde at dark!!!

And with rain from what I see here!

http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/SanRemo/forecasts/latest

wwbroe
23rd September 2008, 15:46
So, nobody has the gps-coordinates of start and finishplaces of the stages for San Remo Rally? :mad:

atsiotras79
23rd September 2008, 15:48
And with rain from what I see here!

http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/SanRemo/forecasts/latest

Sorry mistake! 2hours ago it showed rain for Thursday night. Now only in the afternoon.

Tom206wrc
23rd September 2008, 15:49
monte 2009...

Not before ??? :(

WRC1
23rd September 2008, 16:24
Not before ??? :(

according to my informations no....the car will be homologated on 01st january 2009, so even if they would like to race, as soon as the car is not homologated they can only drive as 0 car.

reg

wrc1

PLuto
23rd September 2008, 17:25
Skoda Fabia S2000 will be homologated on 1st January 2009. There is no possibility to start with it in regular race as "non zero".

playmo
23rd September 2008, 19:43
anybody info on TV coverage through internet? something other than Eurosport.... Thanks!

c4
24th September 2008, 20:50
Some old Sanremo vids to celebrate it's 50th
http://rallybuzz.stagetimes.com/sanremo-rally-2008-entry-list/

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 09:31
A few pics of yesterday scruteneering... ;)

http://www.rallylink.it/news/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&gid=36&Itemid=112

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 09:43
A few pics of yesterday scruteneering... ;)

http://www.rallylink.it/news/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&gid=36&Itemid=112

I cannot wait for the rally to start, this evening we are going to see some great action. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 11:05
So, nobody got any news about shake-down this morning. What about the weather predictions, no new about that neither? :(

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 14:43
The accepted entrylist(after scuteneering)has been published...NOONE among the S2000/GrNs has been forfeit !!! Fantastic :D

urabus-denoS2000
25th September 2008, 16:37
No Evo X for Andreucci

Mirek
25th September 2008, 16:53
That's probably good news for us :)

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 16:53
No Evo X for Andreucci

I think it is for the better. I am sure he will be very fast with Evo9, while the Evo X still needs fin-tuning i guess before it will turn in to be a winner. ;)

urabus-denoS2000
25th September 2008, 17:14
It is good choise for Andreucci.

Personaly I am suspicious about the new Evo X,I think it is just too big and too heavy and it looks like a pig.
However I thought that the N14 would be good and look what happened...
We will just have to wait.

BTW Evo X premiere now is Arboe Rallye this weekend

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 17:50
Pics start leg 1 !!!! :D

http://www.rallylink.it/news/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&gid=37&Itemid=112

Start SS1 in about 15 minutes now can't wait :bounce:

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 17:58
;) Does anybody know if there will be any split-times at the ultra-long stage "Ronde" this night. It would be really interesting to compare some of the times of different competitors.

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 18:00
Same request as WWbroe :confused:

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 18:17
Basso 6,9 sec faster then Vouilloz on stage 1.

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 18:19
Loix almost as fast as Basso(Vouliioz 7s slower) :)

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 18:21
Best time for Rossetti 3s faster than Basso and Loix :D

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 18:22
Rosetti fastest man now, with Navarra in fourth. ;)

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 18:28
Andreucci is loosing quite a lot of time allready, i find it a little disappointing. :(

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 18:35
Great time for Elwis Chentre who is beating Gamba by more then ten seconds on first stage. ;)

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 18:36
Umberto Scandola BEST time more than 8s ahead of Rossetti :eek: :eek:

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 18:39
Umberto Scandola BEST time more than 8s ahead of Rossetti :eek: :eek:

Yes incredible time for Scandola, but somebody who is on stage just phoned me that the car of Scandola is smoking like hell, he is really demanding a lot of it and it remains to be seen if he will finish the day at that rythm. :D

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 18:44
Not great time from Auriol, Casier, Solowow and Torlasco :mark:

pino
25th September 2008, 18:44
Stages Times :

http://www.cronoimperia.it/sanremo08/index.html

Mirek
25th September 2008, 18:45
Very interesting so far. Some drivers loosing a lot, some much faster than expected, but it is just first stage :)

HaCo
25th September 2008, 18:46
Great time of scandola... wwbroe doing several forums now? ;)

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 18:50
Great time of scandola... wwbroe doing several forums now? ;)

Yes, you to i see. ;)

pino
25th September 2008, 18:51
Rally News "live" (italian only)

http://www.rallylink.it/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=45&Itemid=109

Audio comments (italian only)

http://www.rallylink.it/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1924&Itemid=111

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 18:51
Anybody can see times for second stage? They should be arrived allready, no? :(

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 18:52
Loix best time in SS2 for now(in front of Basso, Vouilloz and Travaglia) :eek:

HaCo
25th September 2008, 18:52
Yep:
Loix 7.21.9
Basso 7.25.5
Vouilloz 7.27.7
Travaglia 7.29.9

piquet20
25th September 2008, 18:54
why is didier so slow...

karlzoro
25th September 2008, 19:02
another scratch for Scandola on stage 2....Loix is now 2nd on 5.6 & Rossetti 3th on 6.4 , Basso 4th on 9.2....
Interesting... :s mokin: :cool:

piquet20
25th September 2008, 19:04
go abarth...go umberto!! :)

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 19:07
go abarth...go umberto!! :)

Let's wait and see how long he will last at this rythm, but if he lasts i take my hat off for him. :)

N.O.T
25th September 2008, 19:09
Surprising start by scandola....

The locals show once more that IRC is still an organisation which needs true talents.

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 19:12
Scandola again fastest :mark:

Not too bad Patrizia Sciscia's time :D

karlzoro
25th September 2008, 19:16
after stage 2 Casier is on 1min 50 from Scandola...does he has problems with the Polo???

Mirek
25th September 2008, 19:17
It seems some times must be wrong on SS1. Would it be possible that Patrizia would be almost minute faster on 15 km than Auriol, Casier?

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 19:22
Auriol, Pisi, Solowow and Torlasco had wrong time on SS1 explaining their big loss ;)

RS
Surprising start by scandola....

The locals show once more that IRC is still an organisation which needs true talents.

How about possibility than Scandola is rather a good asphalt driver on his home event in a works car?

wwbroe
Yes, it looks a little strange, also Tarlasco and Solowow loosing more then 1,5 min on stage 1. If it was just one driver it could be a mechanical thing, but all off them? :confused:

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 19:24
Does anybody see times for stage three, should be allready running since 19h09, with only ten kms, so times should be there? :(

Mirek
25th September 2008, 19:28
Vouilloz termina la prova: stesso tempo di Basso. 7.02.6
Lois 7.06.8
Rossetti 7.07.4
travaglia 7.12.6
Andreucci 7.17.5
Navarra 7.03.7
Cantamessa 7.15.8 "sono in apprendistato"
Longhi 7.15.9 "fa pił freddo e la macchina vą meglio"
Perico 7.18.9 "tutto ok"
Cavallini 7.24.5
Chentre 7.36.9
Gamba: 7.46.9 prime due ps problemi ai freni, ora meglio
Signor 7.36.9 : incertezze sul viscido
Sottile: 7.12.2 ottimo (sulla ps.2 problema pedale del freno
Umberto Scandola 7.05.8 (quarto tempo a 3"2 dai leader)

Coppied from Italian flash news.

RS
25th September 2008, 19:30
Vouilloz out?

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 19:31
Does anybody see times for stage three, should be allready running since 19h09, with only ten kms, so times should be there? :(

Claudio from Rallylink is doing the live comments for us ;)

http://www.rallylink.it/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=45&Itemid=109

piquet20
25th September 2008, 19:32
no... :confused:

Mirek
25th September 2008, 19:34
RS: Why? He did best tme on SS3, same as Basso. 7:02,6

HaCo
25th September 2008, 19:36
Thanks you Claudio!!!

Loix not dissapointing after all ;)

Mirek
25th September 2008, 19:39
Times of SS1 are now correct.

HaCo
25th September 2008, 19:43
What is the weather like over there? Maybe Scandola had the right shoes on?

Mirek
25th September 2008, 19:45
I must say that Patrizia is doing very well. Faster than Auriol and Casier on SS3!

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 19:46
Where are Solowow and Torlasco in SS3 ??? :rolleyes:

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 19:50
Great rally sofar of Chentre Elwis, he is second in two wheel drive category, only .9 s of Broccoli, but that one is in A7 and Chentre in A6. Hope he can go on like this, really fantastic. ;)

pino
25th September 2008, 20:09
Standings after SS3 :

http://www.cronoimperia.it/sanremo08/CIAA109.HTM

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 20:11
Looking forward to the 60 Kms stage this night, i think we might see some pretty important time-differences. Most of IRC drivers are not used anymore to drive in the dark. I guess it will be an advantage for Italian drivers as they know the stage better. ;)

RS
25th September 2008, 20:15
]I must say that Patrizia is doing very well. Faster than Auriol and Casier on SS3!

Very good.

Alen got beaten by a girl on SS3 in her first event in an S2000 :D

pino
25th September 2008, 20:20
Very good.

Alen got beaten by a girl on SS3 in her first event in an S2000 :D

Don't forget that Patrizia she's from Sanremo and she could drive these stages with eyes closed ;) Still she's doing great so far :up:

btw I've codrived her Dad so I am not surprised about this :D

RS
25th September 2008, 20:25
Any news on how the Fabia is performing?

Wim_Impreza
25th September 2008, 20:29
Looking forward to the 60 Kms stage this night, i think we might see some pretty important time-differences. Most of IRC drivers are not used anymore to drive in the dark. I guess it will be an advantage for Italian drivers as they know the stage better. ;)

The Italian topdrivers are simply better than as example Vouillox and Loix. ;)

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 20:33
Torlasco and Solowow retired ???? :confused:

Strange they go one after the other(#30 and 31)and would have retired exactly on the same stage... :mark:

Mirek
25th September 2008, 20:52
Torlassco and Solowow are there. Solowow ok, but Torlasco lost 5 minutes :(

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 20:57
]Torlassco and Solowow are there. Solowow ok, but Torlasco lost 5 minutes :(

Hey Mirek, where did you get that info, i see Torlasco after SS3 at 1'22"7 and Solowow at 1'27"4? :confused:

Mirek
25th September 2008, 20:58
Oh, I can see they changed it again... :) Good to see him all right!

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 21:28
If i saw it right, they changed the hour of departure for the long stage to 21h50, is that correct? Can somebody comfirm this? :confused:

Edit: This can't be possible because they are entering service only just now, i wonder what is written on live site of rallylink?

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 21:41
Aah, now i see what they mean, the drivers going in to service in order of the current positions. So Scandola will go into service first, then Rosetti and so on. So they will run on long stage in order of actual result. I find that interesting. ;)

pino
25th September 2008, 21:47
"live" action on Eurosport in few mins Guys :D

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 22:17
Still a long wait until start SS4 :mark:

pucky54
25th September 2008, 22:33
will there be splits of SS4?

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 22:47
Seems like organiser offered splits to competitors at 200 Euro's, but i don't know if the splits will be visible somewhere for us. :(
Start of stage in five minutes now.

piquet20
25th September 2008, 23:08
something happened to kopecky??

Madeira
25th September 2008, 23:19
something happened to kopecky??

Yes it's true but I don't understand what happened.
Auriol has stopped!

Madeira
25th September 2008, 23:25
In this big stage the co-drivers have around 50 to 60 pages of paces notes in their books!

Mirek
25th September 2008, 23:28
Madeira: If they have pacenotes like Pavel Valoušek, they would have 180 pages! Zdeněk Hrůza, his co-driver told me they use 2-3 pages per kilometer in Italian rallys.

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 23:30
:( Just got SMS from Italy, seems like Scandola is out of the rally.

Madeira
25th September 2008, 23:32
]Madeira: If they have pacenotes like Pavel Valoušek, they would have 180 pages! Zdeněk Hrůza, his co-driver told me they use 2-3 pages per kilometer in Italian rallys.

Poor co-driver!! :D

Scandola (42 km) and Navarra perhaps have stopped both!

Mirek
25th September 2008, 23:33
Those 60 kms are too much...

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 23:35
Retirement for Auriol Navarra and Scandola on SS4 ??? :confused:

Madeira
25th September 2008, 23:35
]Those 60 kms are too much...

yes indeed! I'm not a big fan of this kind of stages with this huge distance!

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 23:36
Rosetti at finish of stage in 41'25"9 ;) , but Basso in 40'57"3, great time of him.

dimviii
25th September 2008, 23:36
@Mirek
for Fiats :D

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 23:37
Best time so far for Basso about 30s faster than Rossetti ;)

Madeira
25th September 2008, 23:37
Rossetti-41.25.9

Basso-40.57.3

Rallye_106
25th September 2008, 23:38
Basso in 40.57.3

Scandola faceva scintille (fermo al 42 km)

per Navarra problema meccanico

What does faceva scintille mean?

Loix 41.31.6
The results are working now.

Mirek
25th September 2008, 23:39
I think sparks from the car?

Rallye_106
25th September 2008, 23:41
]I think sparks from the car?

Scintille are sparks according to google yes... :D

wwbroe
Loix also loosing more then half a minute compared to Basso, who was really flying. ;)

Tom206wrc
Loix didn't lose too much :D

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 23:43
Seems like Sotile is also standing still and maybe retired. :mad:

Madeira
25th September 2008, 23:43
]I think sparks from the car?
yes I think you are right!

EDIT:Sottile has also stopped and the car is blocking the road.

Cantamessa lost a wheel!

Rallye_106
25th September 2008, 23:46
I think Sottile crashed.

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 23:47
Sottile went off the road, Cantamessa broke a wheel...what a damn stage !!! :(

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 23:47
Cantamessa also retired? :confused:

PLuto
25th September 2008, 23:48
Yes, Sottile crashed.

Filip
25th September 2008, 23:48
Crew OK.

Rallye_106
25th September 2008, 23:49
A bignone non passa pił nessuno. Stage blocked?

Madeira
25th September 2008, 23:50
A bignone non passa pił nessuno. Stage blocked?
Yes!

Tom206wrc
25th September 2008, 23:53
Apparently notional times for the crews after Sottile :mark:

Madeira
25th September 2008, 23:54
Renato Travaglia was the last driver to arrive to the end of stage!

Mirek
25th September 2008, 23:55
That monter stage is changing into a big shame. 1/4 of all rally will now probably be cancelled for most of the crews and I wonder how they solve compensatory times!

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 23:55
That is what i can make from it too, so all will get time of Perico? :confused:

wwbroe
25th September 2008, 23:57
]That monter stage is changing into a big shame. 1/4 of all rally will now probably be cancelled for most of the crews and I wonder how they solve compensatory times!

That is indeed the risk of such a stage, especially because there are parts where it is very narrow, so if you have an off on such a place it is over because nobody can pass. Luckyli they let them start in order of results. :(

Rallye_106
25th September 2008, 23:59
That is what i can make from it too, so all will get time of Perico? :confused:

Of Travaglia, he was the last to finish the stage.

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 00:04
Of Travaglia, he was the last to finish the stage.

That might be true, but will they not get the worse time on stage, that would be the one of Perico, loosing about 1'40" to Basso. :confused:

Mirek
26th September 2008, 00:08
Yes, if they get others time of Perico, they probably disadvantage many of them, if they give them time of Travaglia, Perico would lost one minute. That is not possible to solve well.

Rallye_106
26th September 2008, 00:12
The could cancel the stage and turn it into liasion.

N.O.T
26th September 2008, 00:13
How about possibility than Scandola is rather a good asphalt driver on his home event in a works car?

well the top 10 positions are covered by local heros not just No1.....you don't see that in WRC.

Its a pity the big night stage pretty much decided the whole rally....but running such a long stage at night always is a risk.

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 00:13
OK...so I go to bed see you tomorrow morning for the last four stages of the first leg ;)

Madeira
26th September 2008, 00:15
OK...so I go to bed see you tomorrow morning for the last four stages of the first leg :s leep:

Tom, good dreams, I Guess it would be another for Fiat!

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 00:22

It looks good for Basso, but still long way to go, let's see tomorrow if the Pugs can strike back or not.

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 00:25

A Fiat in front BUT three Pugs behind :p :

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 00:29
I am going to catch some sleep also, see you guys tomorrow and have a good sleep. ;)

Mirek
26th September 2008, 02:03
So, they finaly gave all the rest Travaglia's time.

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 07:28
]So, they finaly gave all the rest Travaglia's time.

Yes Mirek, all have Travaglia's time, except Perico, who still has the time he actually drove on the stage. So probably he had some kind of problem. I find it strange though that Cantamessa received also this time, he lost a wheel on the stage, hasn't he? How is it possible that he receives the same time then? :confused:

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 07:30
In half an hour they will start again, i still find the timing strange to, little sleep for the pilots and now four stages, and afternoon nothing. But anyhow i am awake and will follow the stages. ;)

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 08:02
SS5 started, normally ;)

RS
26th September 2008, 08:07
What happened to Kopecky last night? Is he still running ok?

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 08:08
SS5 18 minutes late... :mark:

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 08:20
At last, SS5 running ;)

GO ROX, go Fast Freddy, go Nico !!! :bounce:

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 08:22
SS5 18 minutes late... :mark:

They told me it is started twenty minutes too late, but i don't know the exact reason for this. :mad:

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 08:25
Too much people on stage perhaps(it's classic reason) ??? :confused:

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 08:29
It seems that the stagetimes that they gave to all competitors on stage 4, is still provisional and depending on the board of comissionars. They still have to meet to make it official.

Burak
26th September 2008, 08:30
What happened Navarra, Auriol and Scandola?

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 08:31
3 minutes late out of assistance for Cantaluka(Cantamessa)certainly due to the repair of his broken wheel yesterday :(

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 08:33
Basso fastest in 17'21"3 before Rosetti in 17'34"7, Loix 17'38"6

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 08:35
Rossetti lost 12s over Basso on SS5...but he doesn't need to win the rally to be CIR08 champion(Andreucci is far behind) :rolleyes:

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 08:41
Vouilloz is just a litlle bit slower then Loix, so nothing changing in overall classification, just Basso extending his lead. ;)

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 08:43
Nothing is done between Rox and Freddy, and Freddy and Nico, all separated by 11s only... ;)

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 08:54
Patrizia Sciascia 14th overall(she was faster than Solowow on SS5) :)

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 09:12
Elwis Chentre is still showing great pace and still leading the 2WD category in his Citroen. ;)

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 09:15
:) And special stage 6 is live now, started at 9h18.

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 09:22
Basso8'23"2 and Rosetti 8'28"7

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 09:36
Vouilloz is making second time and coming close to Loix overall, he is only 4"2 behind now, while Basso is still extending his lead.

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 09:45
I think that Casier went of and that stage 6 is cancelled also, is that correct, can somebody comfirm that? :mad:

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 09:53
Yes Casier went off and blocked the stage...notional time for those behind :(

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 10:02
Yes Casier went off and blocked the stage...notional time for those behind :(

Yes, and the same thing happened with somebody on stage 5, so the back runners are not enjoying too much for their entries. :( Maybe they can ask back their money? :D

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 10:10
I suspect many minutes of lateness the the two last stages of the 1st leg :s

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 10:28
It looks like the meeting of commisionars has decided that the notional time for SS4 won't be the one of Travaglia but the one of Perico. I think that is more logical. ;)

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 10:52
Great news Alex Perico saw his time of SS4 changed(the chrono gave him 1 minute more than in reality)and is 6th now after SS6 :D

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 11:00
Looks like we are going to have a big delay, because they are evacuating the accidented cars out of the stages. They will anoounce new start time later on. :mad:

chryby
26th September 2008, 11:05
some pictures from yesterday:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=439&au=0

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 11:08
some pictures from yesterday:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=439&au=0

Nice pictures, looks like completely dry on those photo's. ;)

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:10
Looks like we are going to have a big delay, because they are evacuating the accidented cars out of the stages. They will anoounce new start time later on. :mad:

Start SS7 11.23
Start SS8 12.22

;)

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 11:13
Start SS7 11.23
Start SS8 12.22

;)

Yes Tom, i have seen it, let's hope we don't have too many incidents on second run trough these stages. ;)

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:14
Fast Freddy said he changed set-up(especially tires)and will attack on SS7 and 8 :D

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 11:23
Looks like Kopecky has restarted also as a zero-car. Any idea what was the problem yesterday in the long one?

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:23
Apparently the Fabia of Kopecky finished the SS7 :confused:

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:25
Rain announced toward the end of SS7 !!! :mark:

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 11:26
Now they are saying something about the end of the stage, but i don't understand what they are saying :eek:

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:27
By the way drivers running after Casier on SS6 haven't their notional times yet :s

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 11:35
Did Basso take time-penalty out of service, because Rosetti is at finish but no time yet for Basso.

Edit: he is there now, so maybe he took penalty?

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:38
Fast Freddy equal time to Rossetti both 4.3s slower than Basso ;)

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 11:39
ps. 7
Rossetti 17.28.7 tutto ok
Basso 17.24.4 tutto ok anche per lui
Loix 17.28.7 cosģ cosģ
Vouilloz 17.30.1

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:40
Vouilloz about 4s slower than Loix...who defends his podium place ;)

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:41
Perico lost a lot of time :mark:

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:45
GrNs are totally off the pace(look at Andreucci time, the best of them) :s

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 11:49
GrNs are totally off the pace(look at Andreucci time, the best of them) :s

Yes Tom, you are right, it is a disappointment to me. Longhi is not far off the pace of Andreucci though. Maybe it is not raining enough, but i guess it wouldn't make that big a difference.

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:49
What does "brutto rumore allo scarico" means about Cantamessa ??? :confused:

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 11:52
Solowow is very slow too :(

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 12:00
"Scarico" is transmission or gearbox or something else ??? :confused:

NOR
26th September 2008, 12:05
strange noise from the exhaust pipe

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 12:16
Still no times for rest of crews (after Casier) so we cannot see any overall results besides the first 5 or 6 places. Or does anybody have another link where you can see those overall classification? :(

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 12:23
strange noise from the exhaust pipe

Thanks for the translation ;)

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 12:24
SS8 running...

wwbroe
26th September 2008, 12:27
Basso same time as first run trough, Rosetti at 3 sec, what about time penalty for Basso, as he is running behind Rosetti now?

Tom206wrc
26th September 2008, 12:32
They are quite long to give SS8 results(only Rossetti and Basso have theirs) :confused: