PDA

View Full Version : Giorgio Pantano

ArrowsFA1
6th March 2008, 08:26
The news (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65491) that GP was quickest in testing got me thinking - what does this guy have to do to catch a break, or has he found his level in GP2?

This will be his 7th season in F3000/GP2 where he's proved to be a regular winner. He's tested for Benetton, McLaren, Williams and raced for Jordan in F1 as well as trying his hand in the US with Ganassi, so I guess you could argue he's had his chances.

woody2goody
6th March 2008, 16:15
He's probably good enough for F1 but his time as a promising young talent is over, and as a result people aren't looking at him, even though he could do a decent job if he came back now.

seppefan
14th March 2008, 13:21
Maybe he should look Stateside in 09 as he is obviously good and I agree he will be very very lucky to get a ride in a good F1 car. Anything is possible though and his Father and girlfriend paid for his Jordan racing I think before Eddie J sacked him ( Montreal ?) and kept the money! Good old Eddie. I like the fact he keeps coming back and obviously enjoying himself. Would love him to win it as then Bernie would have a Series perception problem if the fourth Champ did not go F1 and say the WSbyR did! lots of fun!