PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach 2008

seppefan
5th March 2008, 17:29
Any official report as to who is entered in the ChampCar race?

BobGarage
5th March 2008, 19:13
It isn't until mid april. we are at the start of March!

You don't usually get an entry list until a day or two before the event (if that). what makes you think this year we'll here over 40 days in advance of the event?

Rogelio
5th March 2008, 19:25
Like I said on other posts, what a shame and they expect the fans to show up. Are the former "Amigos" just that bleeping arrogant and ignorant of the passionate racing fans that feel alienated? Is it asking to much of KK/GF to submit a post on the official CCWS website encouraging the fans to attend the race? How about a simple THANK YOU for your support. Oh well. You can call me a whiner, but I am sure that there are many others who feel the same about the "merger".

BobGarage
5th March 2008, 19:27
i doubt the amigos know how to post anything on their website. and since they let all the staff go... is there anyone left to actually update it for them anymore?

I doubt champcar.ws will be updated again before it is switched off.

JasonD
5th March 2008, 19:51
When was the entry list posted last year. what Friday morning. Expect the same thing.

pvtjoker
7th March 2008, 20:30
^^^^
Agreed.

CCWS77
8th March 2008, 01:59
But I thought the proper attitute is supposed to be that now that the merger is done all fans will show up! We arent supposed to care about what cars, drivers, teams, rules or events there actually are!

Civic
8th March 2008, 02:05
My guess is that the crowd will be about the same on Fri/Sat as in previous years. Sundays are too hectic for me. I hate getting in shoving matches while jockeying for photographic vantage points.

seppefan
31st March 2008, 13:04
From Ptalk.
A blend of veterans and youngsters are among the nine drivers transitioning to the IndyCar Series that are entered in the Long Beach race scheduled at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 20. The nine drivers will be running for IndyCar Series points at Long Beach.
Briton Justin Wilson and hot young American talent Graham Rahal will be driving for Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing. Wilson was runner-up to Champ Car Series king Sebastien Bourdais the past two seasons while Rahal, ranked fifth in the 2007 points chase, became the youngest driver in history to finish on a Champ Car podium when he was second at Houston last year
"It's quite fitting that the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, which was the first Champ Car race for many of us, will be the last Champ Car event ever," Wilson said. "We're going to have fun there and look to score points and you can be sure there is going to be plenty of action." KV Racing Technology will campaign cars wheeled by Will Power and Oriol Servia
Power scored a pair of Champ Car wins in 2007 (Las Vegas, Toronto). Servia, a veteran of eight Champ Car seasons, put on perhaps the drive of the year here at Long Beach when, with virtually no seat time, he replaced the injured Paul Tracy in the Forsythe Racing entry and roared back from starting 14th to finish second!
Dale Coyne Racing will have a decided South American flavor with Brazilians Bruno Junqueira and Mario Moraes behind the wheel. Junqueira will be seeking his ninth career Champ Car win at Long Beach. Moraes was runner-up in the 2006 South American Formula Three Series in 2006.
"I'm very excited about competing in Long Beach for many reasons including a great chance to earn points," said Junqueira. "The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach is one of my favorite street tracks, with great crowds and weather. It will be very competitive." Two Champ Car rookies will carry the Conquest Racing colors at Long Beach. Franck Perera was the 2007 Atlantic Series Rookie of the Year, notching three wins and finishing second in points. Enrique Bernoldi, an ex-Formula One driver, competed most recently in the StockCar Brazil Series. HVM Racing will return for one last battle at the beach with Venezuelan rookie Ernesto Viso, who has competed in the European GP2 Series for the past two years.
Further driver announcements for the Champ Car race at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach are forthcoming.
Lets hope GF runs a few. Surprised KV are not running three. Still early days I guess.

bblocker68
31st March 2008, 16:51
Jimmy is supposed to drive the third KV car.

seppefan
31st March 2008, 17:21
I also see on the Forsythe Racing web site that they will be there, so 9 plus Vasser plus 2 from Forsythe...12 so far...

BobGarage
31st March 2008, 18:24
plus 2 from Forsythe...12 so far...

Forsythe have said they will run at least 3 cars. So make that 13.

pits4me
31st March 2008, 21:09
Like I said on other posts, what a shame and they expect the fans to show up.

Corporate, group and GA sales are very strong this year. Not the graveyard some were anticipating. There should be a grid of 18 - 21 cars.

mikiec
1st April 2008, 00:56
i doubt the amigos know how to post anything on their website. and since they let all the staff go... is there anyone left to actually update it for them anymore?

I doubt champcar.ws will be updated again before it is switched off.

I think it's officially dead now. I get "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)".
Slightly OT, but is there an Atlantics website now?

Chamoo
1st April 2008, 01:33
Forsythe have said they will run at least 3 cars. So make that 13.

Cars in the ICS
NHL 2
KV 2
Conquest 2
HVM 1
DCR 2

Former CC Teams or extras confirmed
Minardi 2
FCR 3
KV +1 (for JV)

Thats the cars that are confirmed at the moment.

Very likely cars
PCM 1 or 2
RSR 1 or 2

Unlikely, but possible
NHL +1
FCR +1
Walker Racing 1

BenRoethig
1st April 2008, 03:22
The question is: Who will be in all the cars? Could wind up being an interesting field.

Atlantics drivers probably.

seppefan
1st April 2008, 08:06
[quote="mikiec"]

www.champcaratlantic.com (http://www.champcaratlantic.com)

Still being updated even though part of the main site. Am amazed GF & KK do not get the other one turned off. I often wonder about these guys!
I am told that FA will merge with Indylight from 2010.

BobGarage
1st April 2008, 09:27
I think it's officially dead now. I get "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)".

champcar.ws is dead but champcarworldseries.com is still working

seppefan
1st April 2008, 10:53
David Martinez driving for Forsythe at Long Beach according to AR1. No PT. GF still sulking?

dataman1
1st April 2008, 14:12
David Martinez driving for Forsythe at Long Beach according to AR1. No PT. GF still sulking?

The Martinez announcement came from the driver not the team, so it may be premature to say PT and/or others will or will not drive in LB along with Forsythe.

BenRoethig
1st April 2008, 14:16
Don't be surprised if you don't see PT. I don't imagine Forsythe would want him anywhere near a mic.

garyshell
1st April 2008, 15:56
Don't be surprised if you don't see PT. I don't imagine Forsythe would want him anywhere near a mic.

Didn't PT say something about his contract stipultaing that GF had to provide him a car?

Gary

grantb4
1st April 2008, 19:25
LONG BEACH, Calif. (March 26, 2008) -- No, we’re not talking famous race car drivers here. As a matter of fact we’re talking cars with NO drivers!

“Junior,” The “Boss” and “Ben” are entirely robotic vehicles, scheduled to be part of the April 18-20 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach’s ground-breaking “Green Power Prix-View,” highlighting futuristic alternative-energy vehicles.

The three cars will be competing in the “Robotic Grand Prix” at 12 noon Sunday. Each car will take one lap of the 1.97-mile, 11-turn circuit, with the quickest time deciding the winner.

http://www.gplb.com/publications/publish/raceweekend/JUNIOR_THE_BOSS.shtml

It probably would have been easier to buy F1 cars from the 90's, but...

Hoop-98
1st April 2008, 20:22
No I know i have to go lol :)

rh

BobGarage
2nd April 2008, 09:20
KVRT now confirmed three entries for Long Beach.

Vasser in the #12.

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=10843

Cart750hp
2nd April 2008, 09:58
But I thought the proper attitute is supposed to be that now that the merger is done all fans will show up! We arent supposed to care about what cars, drivers, teams, rules or events there actually are!

The sudden transition of CC - IRL is the problem. And for a fan like me, I wouldn't even expect this year to be smooth as most would want to. There'll be screw ups such as Long Beach and teams not making it to IRL. Yep, I wouldn't even look at any newspaper and would read about this year's IRL. It'll be more sounded like it's a failed plan for both series but in the long run it isn't. One series is better and under one roof. Maybe even 2009 is still not fixed. It'll take time to get it right. I'd like to see Long Beach this year but since it still is an official CC race, it'll be worse than the past years of CC running this event. No doubt. I can't wait to see how IndyCar will this better.