PDA

View Full Version : OFF Topic / "SPORTS Talk Only"

Pages : [1] 2

muggle not
15th January 2007, 14:14
I thought that I would attempt to start an off-topic for "Non-Nascar Sports" which would be separate from the other off-topic discussion thread and permit that thread to talk about non-sport subjects.

I will start the thread by asking:

1. What you think about Virginia Tech beating 2 of the best teams in the ACC (probably 2 of the best period). Duke and North Carolina were both recently upset by Virginia Tech.

2. Who do you think will make it to the Super Bowl. My picks are Chicago and N.E.

Peter Olivola
15th January 2007, 14:45
After yesterday's game and despite what Chicago fans are saying about an exiting one, I don't see them getting past the next one.

2. Who do you think will make it to the Super Bowl. My picks are Chicago and N.E.

harvick#1
15th January 2007, 16:00
1. What you think about Virginia Tech beating 2 of the best teams in the ACC (probably 2 of the best period). Duke and North Carolina were both recently upset by Virginia Tech.

VT and Clemson I think are the two best teams, I hope Clemson can knock off Carolina. VT is having a great start in the ACC. but you saw Maryland, anyteam can get hot shooting 75% FG and 80% 3pt when they beat clemson.

I think Indy and New Orleans, I think Peyton is going to finally win a superbowl. Chicago is dead in the water in defending the pass and New Orleans will be doing alot of that, plus trying to stop Mcallisteris another thing

tstran17_88
16th January 2007, 18:50
I don't know much about any of those three teams except that Marquette beat Duke earlier this season. MU started the Big East with a couple of tough losses, but have won their last three against UConn, West Virginia & Louisville.

UW-Badgers are ranked #2 in the country now in men's BB after beating "THE" Ohio State and Northwestern last week.

harvick#1
16th January 2007, 18:57
everyone beats Northwestern :p :

tstran17_88
16th January 2007, 18:59
everyone beats Northwestern :p :So? :laugh: I'm sure the OSU game weighed more in their rank jump though! :p :

tstran17_88
16th January 2007, 19:00
Oh...and the Ave's stink this year! :D

muggle not
16th January 2007, 23:28
I still think that North Carolina is the best team in the ACC. Duke will be good before the season is over. Ohio State will be ranked high until March Madness starts in earnest then they will probably lose to some small school. :)

ACC women. 1,2,3. Those women can really play.

slorydn1
17th January 2007, 00:30
I thought that I would attempt to start an off-topic for "Non-Nascar Sports" which would be separate from the other off-topic discussion thread and permit that thread to talk about non-sport subjects.

I will start the thread by asking:

Not sure about the VA Tech deal, don't follow basketball...

As for NE-CHI Super Bowl? Being a HUGE Bears fan (sorry Jslone) I could definitely deal with a Super Bowl XX Rematch, as long as the outcome is the same!!!!

harvick#1
17th January 2007, 00:38
Oh...and the Ave's stink this year! :D

Blasphemy :mad: :mad: :mad: :p :

harvick#1
17th January 2007, 00:45
the Missouri Valley may have a team to contend for a National Championship. don't be surprised Missouri St., Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa, or Wichita State, or any others be in the final four this year.

because didn't that Missouri St. team beat Wisconsin this year :p :

muggle not
17th January 2007, 01:30
Missouri St. has some of the most avid basketball fans in the country.

slorydown1, that is blasphemy. I never heard of a N.C. person that did not follow racing and basketball. :)

slorydn1
17th January 2007, 01:47
slorydown1, that is blasphemy. I never heard of a N.C. person that did not follow racing and basketball. :)

I'm not orginally from here...I come from Rosie's neck of the woods. I did follow basketball when MJ was with 'DA BULLS and they were wrapping up all
of those championships...the Last NBA strike did me in, just like the 95 MLB strike did. In fact, all those overpaid crybabies are what drove me to like racing to start with. As for college basketball, it wasn't a really huge deal when I was growing up in the NW suburbs of Chicago, college football was.
Living here now, I will get involved with a college basketball discussion from time to time, and if I had to be nailed down on a favorite team I would say UNC but that would be because thats where MJ came from....I couldn't tell you anything about their current players, nor Duke's for that matter....
Thank God the Bears are in the playoff's because I would be pulling my hair out waiting for the Bud Shootout to get here if they weren't!!!!!

tstran17_88
17th January 2007, 18:28
because didn't that Missouri St. team beat Wisconsin this year :p :Like Forrest said..."It Happens".

I'd rather have UW go into the tourney with a loss versus undefeated and lose in the sweet 16 or final 4 say, like an Illinois or UNLV. :cheese:

muggle not
18th January 2007, 03:22
Ok, who are your picks for this weekend:

New Orleans
Chicago

New England
Indianapolis

harvick#1
18th January 2007, 03:25
new orleans / Indy

Manning finally wins the super bowl :D then he will have more commercial time than Mikey and Jr. combined

muggle not
18th January 2007, 03:41
I will pick the other way:

Chicago
New England

(Tom Brady will have a reputation like Joe Montana after this year)

MD24
18th January 2007, 04:03
New Orleans and New England

jslone
18th January 2007, 04:51
I just cant get a feel for the games this weekend,cept the best will be the Colts v Pats.I mean Rex in the biggame,just does not sound right at all.As for MD<well its going to be an up and down year for the Terps,but the women Terps are the defending champs.

muggle not
18th January 2007, 14:42
I just cant get a feel for the games this weekend,cept the best will be the Colts v Pats.I mean Rex in the biggame,just does not sound right at all.As for MD<well its going to be an up and down year for the Terps,but the women Terps are the defending champs.

The women Terps are one heck of a team. However, Duke and N.C. are no slouches. Duke looked pretty good against the Terps.

jslone
18th January 2007, 18:07
Just goes to show you how great the ACC is in both mens and womens.

tstran17_88
18th January 2007, 18:39
My pick is Chicago...they'll have the weather in their favour this weekend and New England...it seems that Indy found a defense but lost their greatest assest during the playoffs...their offense.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2007, 06:15
New Orleans by 3. You heard it here first.

tstran17_88
20th January 2007, 15:40
Forecast for Chicago on Sunday. High of 30 F...70% chance of snow. Sounds more like hockey weather to me! :D

harvick#1
20th January 2007, 15:51
now thats real football weather :D not this pansy 70 degree sunny super bowl weather

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2007, 20:52
Forecast for Chicago on Sunday. High of 30 F...70% chance of snow. Sounds more like hockey weather to me! :D

Hockey is an indoor game now unfortuantely, but true hockey weather is playing out on a frozen pond with it 10 degrees with a biting wind.

It will be good weather for the Bear's to have some home field advantage, but I think the Saints are a team of destiny this year. I don't think the cold and snow will stop them, and Grossman cant get it done....

Robert Ryan
21st January 2007, 03:41
90F here and it is Cricket(In all it's varieties)/ Tennis/ Surfing Sports/ Swimming. Not much else on TV here it is starting to get hot.

tstran17_88
21st January 2007, 03:54
Hockey is an indoor game now unfortuantely, but true hockey weather is playing out on a frozen pond with it 10 degrees with a biting wind.

It will be good weather for the Bear's to have some home field advantage, but I think the Saints are a team of destiny this year. I don't think the cold and snow will stop them, and Grossman cant get it done....One of the best hockey games I ever saw was the UW-Badgers against 'THE' Ohio State last year at Lambeau Field...glad I only watched it on tv because it looked frickin' cold out there! UW won of course on their way to the NCAA National Championship!

tstran17_88
21st January 2007, 03:58
now thats real football weather :D not this pansy 70 degree sunny super bowl weatherGo Aves!!! My second favorite NHL team is whomever is playing against the Wings!

tstran17_88
21st January 2007, 04:03

It will be good weather for the Bear's to have some home field advantage, but I think the Saints are a team of destiny this year. I don't think the cold and snow will stop them, and Grossman cant get it done....Actually today was 'hockey day' in Minnesota. It was a triple header with a couple of high school teams playing outside on a frozen pond up in Minnesota, then the UM Gophers vs Denver and after that the Wild and the Stars game. They showed all three on FSN North in Minnesota, but in WI only showed the end of the UM/Denver game and the Wild/Stars game.

tstran17_88
21st January 2007, 04:07
I watched the Wild/Blackhawks game last night on FSN. I was excited to see Adam Burish finally up in the NHL playing for the Blackhawks! Joe Pavelski has been up with San Jose and has been lighting it up with the Sharks. They both were part of the NCAA Champ Badgers team last year! The Leafs have my fav Badger player in their system right now with the Marlies....Robbie Earl.

harvick#1
21st January 2007, 05:52
Go Aves!!! My second favorite NHL team is whomever is playing against the Wings!

I may have to give you rep for this, but Budaj is doing good, they beat Detriot, but still Detriot will lose in the first round again, looks like Nashville had no problem beating the ****hawks :p :

tstran17_88
21st January 2007, 06:01
looks like Nashville had no problem beating the ****hawks :p :
Unlike earlier in the season when the Hawks had their number, albeit tonight wasn't an easy win for the Preds either as the Hawks didn't roll up for them with the All Star break starting. The game wasn't decided until late in the 3rd with Kimmo Timonen's power play goal to make it 5-3 and Legwand later getting the empty netter and hat trick for the 6-3 win.

MD24
21st January 2007, 23:03
Bears are leading 32-14 with less than 10 minutes to go, that'll be an exciting SuperBowl if the Bears win today :s nore:

harvick#1
22nd January 2007, 01:05
Unlike earlier in the season when the Hawks had their number, albeit tonight wasn't an easy win for the Preds either as the Hawks didn't roll up for them with the All Star break starting. The game wasn't decided until late in the 3rd with Kimmo Timonen's power play goal to make it 5-3 and Legwand later getting the empty netter and hat trick for the 6-3 win.

geez Nashville plays the hawks again right after the all-star game, too many games played together, its unfair, the Preds keep getting 2 easy points

jslone
22nd January 2007, 06:39
Okay,the Super Bowl is set,Indy v Bears.I still cant get over Rex being in the big game,I mean damn,but thats why they play the game,who is the best gets there.I dont really care for it cus the Skins aint in it but I will go with the Colts.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd January 2007, 07:56
That Colts game was one of the best football games I have watched on either side of the border in years. (Boise State vs Oklahoma I missed!!, if I had watched I would say it was!)

Manning went a long way to get that monkey off his back but with 351 yards of passing, he wouldn't have been the reason they lost.

I picked the Saints in the other game, I thought Grossman would choke. That said, it didn't happen, and while I think they had an outstanding game today, Grossman isn't Tom Brady. If the Colts could bend and not break like they did in the fourth quarter against the Bears, I think they can take it....

As for those outdoor game gimmicks, well, I can think of better places to watch hockey then in a football stadium in ANY weather. Nothing makes for a better hockey atmosphere than a bandbox arena packed to the roof with two hard rivals going at it. Problem is, the good old arena's are gone in the NHL now.....

Oh well, I still have my home town Oshawa Generals in Major Junior A. For those who like hockey, wait about 2 years and see just how good John Tavares of the Generals is expected to be. He has is now scored at a goal a game pace and just turned 16 in a league where the majority of players are 18 plus. No one can be sure how good this kid is going to be, but he is ahead of the goal and points pace Gretzky had as a junior player.

Robert Ryan
22nd January 2007, 08:54
As for those outdoor game gimmicks, well, I can think of better places to watch hockey then in a football stadium in ANY weather
How about a cricket game played at the Giants stadium in New York. The only thing stopping it so far is quibbling over who will get the bulk of the revenue.

Alexamateo
22nd January 2007, 14:32
I still cant get over Rex being in the big game

The SuperBowl is full of less than stellar quarterbacks getting their day in the sun, so watch out world here comes Rex Grossman! :D

MD24
22nd January 2007, 18:33
IRVING, Texas (AP) - Bill Parcells retired from coaching Monday, leaving the Dallas Cowboys after four seasons and ending a stellar career that featured three Super Bowl appearances and two championships

Full story
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=193238&hubname=

muggle not
23rd January 2007, 00:14
The SuperBowl is full of less than stellar quarterbacks getting their day in the sun, so watch out world here comes Rex Grossman! :D

"What", Peyton Manning is a pretty darn good quaterback.

Parcell, I would retire also if I had to put up with T.O.

Alexamateo
23rd January 2007, 04:00
Muggle,

What I'm referring to is that a number of winning Superbowl quarterbacks have not had what you would call stellar careers, but they have a SuperBowl ring and in some cases were MVP.

i.e. Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, Jim Plunkett etc.

jslone
23rd January 2007, 04:12
Look at how many QB's that dont have rings or mvp's.Warren Moon comes to mind,never have been played in a Super Bowl,Fran Tarkenton and others.Winning a title does help,but it is not the end all of being a great QB.

tstran17_88
23rd January 2007, 18:36
geez Nashville plays the hawks again right after the all-star game, too many games played together, its unfair, the Preds keep getting 2 easy pointsIf it was last season, I couldn't argue, but the Preds and Hawks have split the four games they've played this year.

tstran17_88
23rd January 2007, 18:39
Look at how many QB's that dont have rings or mvp's.Warren Moon comes to mind,never have been played in a Super Bowl,Fran Tarkenton and others.Winning a title does help,but it is not the end all of being a great QB.Dan Marino has no ring, but is the best pure passer ever to play IMO. Still holds a lot of passing records today.

tstran17_88
23rd January 2007, 18:47
If it was last season, I couldn't argue, but the Preds and Hawks have split the four games they've played this year.check that...3 wins, 2 loses and an OT loss to the Hawks so far this year.

muggle not
23rd January 2007, 22:55
Dan Marino has no ring, but is the best pure passer ever to play IMO. Still holds a lot of passing records today.
I will take Sonny Jurgensen as the best pure passer. I have never seen anyone throw the ball as well as him. He was pure enjoyment to watch throwing. Jurgensen throwing a football was like watching Bill Mazerowski play second base.

harvick#1
23rd January 2007, 23:07
I will take Russell coming in next year, He was too much fun when he played at LSU, with just the flick of his wrist, sails it 50 yards easily, He will also be fun to watch next year in the NFL along with Vince Young

tstran17_88
29th January 2007, 18:55
Harv...what happened to the Aves yesterday? I couldn't bare to watch! :eek:

harvick#1
29th January 2007, 21:28
Theodore was in net :mark:

muggle not
30th January 2007, 02:50
The UNC vs Maryland women's basketball last night set a ACC record for attendance in womens games with 17,950 people in attendance and they sure got their money's worth. Wow, what a game. Ivory Latta had 32 points and set the pace for UNC in a thrilling win at Maryland.

tstran17_88
30th January 2007, 18:22
Theodore was in net :mark: :laugh: I thought you might say that...Theodore played a good game, but had 'zero' support from the defensemen and the Aves didn't get much offense from their forwards.

Hopefully the Aves have that same type of game against the Predators tonight. :D

harvick#1
30th January 2007, 22:37
no way :D

harvick#1
31st January 2007, 11:34
T, how bout them Aves :D :p :

tstran17_88
31st January 2007, 18:27
Quite honestly, I’m not surprised the Preds played lousy yesterday. They seem to choke whenever they are on national tv. It did look like they would lay an egg at first, but at least they made a game of it. Lucky for them, they only get one national tv game a season and not eight to ten like Colorado, Dallas and Detroit. :D

They need to get over that hump if they plan to finally make it out of the first round of the playoffs because it looks like they may play Minnesota or Colorado in the first round…teams that have beaten them this year.

jslone
1st February 2007, 17:14
If Micheal Irvin beats out my man Art Monk for the Hall this year I will loose faith in the Hall of Fame and call it the hall of crap,I mean yes I am being a bit og a homer,but Art has held the mantle of the leagues best reciever for how many years,won a Super Bowl,and was the first to catch 100 balls in a single seasonmhe was Jerry Rice before he came into the league.The final announcement I think will be on Saturday or Sunday.

muggle not
2nd February 2007, 03:45
Yeah, I favor Art Monk over Irvin for the Hall this year. Art is very deserving of the Hall.

muggle not
4th February 2007, 03:07
Ok, I will take the Colts over Chicago. Refrigerator is full and plenty of the good stuff on ice.

jslone
4th February 2007, 06:45
How effed up is Art not being in the Hall?I mean the man has or held just about every major recieving record until Jerry Rice broke it.He was the first to have 100 receptions in a game,his knock was that he never talked to the press,he was actually very quiet away from the sideline as well,and he really never had a big type play that Irvin had,but he did have 1 Super Bowl win that Steve Largent never had,neither did Charlie Joyner,and also I think of Kellen Winslow sr,to name a few,and they are I believe in the Hall,whats is gonna take?Rant ended.

harvick#1
5th February 2007, 03:25
Refrigerator is full and plenty of the good stuff on ice.

you don't need a fridge here, just stick it outside, its that cold out :s

but yeah, the Colts win, now Chicago can finally go back to normal life

jslone
5th February 2007, 05:52
Should have worked in a grocery stoer today,one of the busiest days of the year for us,we got our ass kicked all day,once kickoff started,itwas people who did not give a crap about football.And I will also say Prince was not that bad,and the commercials were okay,and some were crap.

muggle not
7th February 2007, 14:31
In today's newspaper. The biggest sports stories in North Carolina today are:

1. Kay Yow
2. Duke - North Carolina women
3. Duke - North Carolina men
4. Football recruiting

Coach Roy Williams of the N.C. men's team stated "ACC basketball is as good as it gets. He was talking about the women's game.

The area is stoked. The community is on edge. The coaches are fired up. Don't miss the game on TV Thursday night.

jslone
9th February 2007, 17:43
Damn I wanted Duke to get their buts kicked by Carolina.

tstran17_88
10th February 2007, 14:44
How effed up is Art not being in the Hall?I mean the man has or held just about every major recieving record until Jerry Rice broke it.He was the first to have 100 receptions in a game,his knock was that he never talked to the press,he was actually very quiet away from the sideline as well,and he really never had a big type play that Irvin had,but he did have 1 Super Bowl win that Steve Largent never had,neither did Charlie Joyner,and also I think of Kellen Winslow sr,to name a few,and they are I believe in the Hall,whats is gonna take?Rant ended.
I agree 100%...mostly because I'm just a Cowboy hater! :D

In today's day and age of wide receivers...quiet and modesty doesn't get you noticed. Who are the most famous/talked about receivers playing right now? TO and that loud mouth Johnson in Cincinnati. Look how long it took Donald Driver from the Packers to make the Pro Bowl? He's had the numbers the past 3 out 4 years.

muggle not
10th February 2007, 23:56
Yeah, I also gotta agree with jslone. Art Monk was a great receiver, a gentlemen, and deserved the Hall much more than Irvin.

I also think that jslone is upset because Duke women beat the chit out of Maryland. :)

tstran17_88
11th February 2007, 03:31
I also think that jslone is upset because Duke women beat the chit out of Maryland. :)
Nah!!! Nobody cares about women's college BB. :p :

Next year I'll change my mind though because IMO the U of W women's team will be a contender! The starting five are all under classmen and their 6th woman of the bench is a gal from my hometown (she's a freshman) and they are a very strong bunch in the big 10 right now. Watch out for them!

Sparky1329
11th February 2007, 03:32
Yeah, I also gotta agree with jslone. Art Monk was a great receiver, a gentlemen, and deserved the Hall much more than Irvin.

Anybody deserves it more than Irvan. Art Monk definitely does.

muggle not
11th February 2007, 15:26
Nah!!! Nobody cares about women's college BB. :p :

Next year I'll change my mind though because IMO the U of W women's team will be a contender! The starting five are all under classmen and their 6th woman of the bench is a gal from my hometown (she's a freshman) and they are a very strong bunch in the big 10 right now. Watch out for them!
The Big 10 are traditionally over-rated and prove so when March Madness comes along. Perhaps the women will save the reputation of the 10. :)

harvick#1
11th February 2007, 16:34
Michigan State has been way overrated for quite some time, but Wisconsin and Ohio State are really the only two teams out of the conference that can do damage in the tournament.

but watch out for those ACC teams :D

but Southern Illinois will win the National Championship :bounce:

harvick#1
13th February 2007, 20:37
well its over

after 200 consectutive weeks, Duke is out of the top 25 :eek:

muggle not
13th February 2007, 21:16
well its over

after 200 consectutive weeks, Duke is out of the top 25 :eek:
Yes, but the Duke Women are ranked # 1 in the Country. :)

Ask jslone if you don't believe me. :)

tstran17_88
17th February 2007, 15:44
Hey Harv...did you see that Nashville traded for that skating M.A.S.H. unit from Philly? It seems to me that the Preds were just trying to keep him from going to Detroit, like was rumored. I don't think he'll be that much of a benefit to the Preds and I also think they may have given up too much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

harvick#1
17th February 2007, 16:07
you can have ****berg, he was a traitor anyway.

tstran17_88
17th February 2007, 16:14
you can have ****berg, he was a traitor anyway.
:laugh:

muggle not
5th March 2007, 21:42
Who are your picks for the NCAA top 4 seeds. Both men and women or one or the other. :)

The women should be pretty easy. - Duke, North Carolina, U-Conn, and Tennessee.

The men I will have to think on a bit, much tougher to pick.

Smilieangel489
6th March 2007, 02:24
I need to wait on the conference tourneys to pick the men. If my Bucks lose and Wisconsin wins, then it could be interesting.

jslone
6th March 2007, 03:24
The duke women got beat by State and that streak ended,something tells me that in the tourney,the duke women will have a tough time to get to the final 4

jslone
6th March 2007, 03:27
Mr.Henderson got lucky with his punishement.HAd it been any other team,the player would have been out for the whole tourney,he knew were Hansbrough(sp) was and still cold cocked him in the face.

jslone
6th March 2007, 03:28
The hottest mens college bball team in the land is my Terps.Nuff said.

jslone
8th March 2007, 22:01
And now the boys suck,lost to Miami,could not rebound worth a crap,let alone free throw shooting.

muggle not
8th March 2007, 22:36
I need to wait on the conference tourneys to pick the men. If my Bucks lose and Wisconsin wins, then it could be interesting.I think that most if not all of the women's tournaments are over. I agree on the men though, have to wait until tournaments are over to pick the top four seeds.

harvick#1
8th March 2007, 23:09
woohoo how bout them Ave's on a 5 game winning streak, only 6 points out of the playoffs. but they have to win their next game against Minnesota though as thats the 8 seed right now.

sad to see Clemson go down to FSU thanks to the refs awarding FSU to win on a free throw :rolleyes:

muggle not
10th March 2007, 03:37
woohoo how bout them Ave's on a 5 game winning streak, only 6 points out of the playoffs. but they have to win their next game against Minnesota though as thats the 8 seed right now.

sad to see Clemson go down to FSU thanks to the refs awarding FSU to win on a free throw :rolleyes:
The favorites lost all 4 first round games in the ACC tournament.

Wonder who the 'George mason" will be in this year's Big Dance.

harvick#1
10th March 2007, 04:00
quite a bit, SIU, Creighton, Davidson, Drexel. only to name a few.

this could be a wild Tournament and could be tough for the people picking brackets.

harvick#1
11th March 2007, 22:59
wow Drexel and Air Force got screwed :(

Air Force beat Stanford by 40!!!! and yet Stanford got in at 18-12 :mark:

Smilieangel489
12th March 2007, 00:33
So, how many of you are doing a pool for the tourney and who are your final 4 picks?

harvick#1
12th March 2007, 00:36
I will be in a pool with some of my dad's buddies. but I'm going that sweet million Yahoo is giving away. also gonna do the ESPN bracket for 10K.

Florida will get knocked out in the second round by zona :devil:

muggle not
12th March 2007, 02:17
Davidson is my darkhorse pick.

The others I gotta think on a day.

jslone
12th March 2007, 18:28
The Terps are gonna whip ass Muggle.

e2mtt
13th March 2007, 02:43
Florida will win it all!!! BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Arizona may hold the Gators to a single digit win. A single digit win scare in the tournament will help them stay motivated.

And watch for another football championship next year... Urban Meyers has a better team coming next year then he did this year.

:-D

jslone
13th March 2007, 02:53
No disrepect,but do you know how hard it is to repeat in Basketball then Football?

harvick#1
13th March 2007, 15:27
yep when you play Western Carolina, Florida A&M, those are some difficult games. why not schedule to go to Texas, USC, OU, Mich, OSU.

I see they are afraid to play USF because they are now the second best Florida team, why don't they play Miami anymore, are those Gators afraid.

Florida never leaves Florida in Non-conference and only schedules patsies with the exception of FSU. but they are going to LSU, not a chance in hell they are winning there with a Quaterback who can only run. Tennessee will be very tough, along with Georgia.

I see them playing in the Capital one bowl, I don't see them anywhere higher than that

muggle not
13th March 2007, 15:40
Davidson will go to the Sweet Sixteen before getting beat by Florida, sorry jslone but the Terps will not be able to handle Davidson. North Carolina has 5 teams in the NCAA...North Carolina, Duke, Davidson, East Carolina, and UNC Asheville.

harvick#1
13th March 2007, 17:23
I ended up having Kansas win it all, I don't see anyone beating them. that Big12 Championship showed that as they came back from 22 down to beat Texas who is very good.

Smilieangel489
13th March 2007, 19:22
I really want my Bucks to win it all and they could, but they have to play at their best level. They are capable of dominating every team if they get their outside shooting going and get Oden a lot of points. I hope they don't disappoint like they did last year.

muggle not
13th March 2007, 23:58
I really want my Bucks to win it all and they could, but they have to play at their best level. They are capable of dominating every team if they get their outside shooting going and get Oden a lot of points. I hope they don't disappoint like they did last year.
I have them going until they meet Louisville, then Ohio State gets beat. :) I also have Texas A&M beating Wisconsin in the first round.

Smilieangel489
14th March 2007, 00:17
I have them going until they meet Louisville, then Ohio State gets beat. :) I also have Texas A&M beating Wisconsin in the first round.

I am in a pool on facebook that one of my friends in collecting the money for and I am going to do horrible. I picked some upsets, but you just have to be lucky sometimes with who you pick. I hope I do well though.

muggle not
14th March 2007, 00:23
I am in a pool on facebook that one of my friends in collecting the money for and I am going to do horrible. I picked some upsets, but you just have to be lucky sometimes with who you pick. I hope I do well though.

I hope you do well also. Even if it makes my pick look bad. :)

Smilieangel489
15th March 2007, 02:56
I have Florida winning it all, which they are not my favorite team, but sometimes you just have to pick them lol. The #1 seeds are really strong this year and it sucks trying to figure out which team will choke lol.

jslone
16th March 2007, 01:53
1 and done Muggles?All the so called experts have the Terps winning against Butler.Sorry to burst your bubble.

Smilieangel489
16th March 2007, 02:13
I picked VCU to win and I was so right lol. I don't like Duke and I am glad that they lost.

harvick#1
16th March 2007, 02:21
that was great, Duke finally gone, but they stink, they were the first ACC team to lose in postseason play, Clemson, NC State both won their NIT openers and BC and Maryland won the 1st round in NCAA.

I took a hit today, I was playing the upset root early, but none happened :mad:

Smilieangel489
16th March 2007, 02:36
I have 11 points in my pool, so I am tied for first. I think the only game I missed was picking Texas Tech as an upset. I have some upsets picked for tomorrow, so we will see what happens.

harvick#1
16th March 2007, 02:39
as long as Kansas, Oregon, Texas A&M, and North Carolina all make the final four and Kansas beat UNC for the NC, then I'll be happy

jslone
16th March 2007, 03:02
I had George Washington advancing in the second round,oh well.

harvick#1
16th March 2007, 03:10
yeah, I had Oral Roberts and GW. I thought Vandy stunk and Washington State didn't really play anyone. but Oral Roberts was up by half but got destroyed, and GW never had a chance

e2mtt
17th March 2007, 04:50
Hey Harvick#1... I don't think Arizona is gonna upset Florida anytime soon!

muggle not
17th March 2007, 14:15
A little trivia. The 3 active coaches with the most wins all lost in first round action, Bobby Knight, Lute Olson, and Coach K. Coaches with the next most wins did not even make the tourney, Jim Calhoun and Jim Boehiem.

harvick#1
17th March 2007, 14:47
Hey Harvick#1... I don't think Arizona is gonna upset Florida anytime soon!

Purdue will :devil: :D

muggle not
17th March 2007, 15:24
Purdue will :devil: :D
Yeah right. And Robby Gordon or Mikey will win the Nascar Championship. :)

Smilieangel489
17th March 2007, 15:59
I did horrible yesterday! I got 15 games right on Thursday and I only got 9 right yesterday. Thankfully the teams I lost yesterday were not teams that I had going anywhere.

harvick#1
17th March 2007, 16:47
Yeah right. And Robby Gordon or Mikey will win the Nascar Championship. :)

I think its for mikey just to make a race now :D

muggle not
17th March 2007, 17:13
I did horrible yesterday! I got 15 games right on Thursday and I only got 9 right yesterday. Thankfully the teams I lost yesterday were not teams that I had going anywhere.
Don't feel bad. I only had 22 teams picked correctly.

jslone
17th March 2007, 21:39
Damn,my bracket got busted by Butler,Terps lost,I had the boys winning it all,oh well.

harvick#1
17th March 2007, 21:42
damn it Butler :mad: I was really hoping Florida would go down before the elite 8

jslone
17th March 2007, 22:51
They Still gotta play Purdue Harv,so there is still a chance for ya.

Smilieangel489
18th March 2007, 00:03
Holy Crap!!!! I almost had a heart attack with the Buckeye game. It was crazy and I am so excited.

muggle not
18th March 2007, 14:51
A good game today will be the UVA vs Tennessee game. Tennessee is a high scoring machine but UVA has the stuff to slow them down. UVA has the best backcourt in College ball with Reynolds and Singletary.

harvick#1
18th March 2007, 15:52
Oregon/Winthrop and UVA/Tenn will be the two best games one today,

and hopefully Purdue will prove to me that the Big Ten can beat somebody

harvick#1
18th March 2007, 18:24
man those Ave's are 7-0-1 in the last 8 games. too bad the season is almost over, they are finally getting warmed up. only 6 points out of Calgary for 8th :D

e2mtt
18th March 2007, 20:36
well they had to fight for that one, but Florida rolls on...

harvick#1
18th March 2007, 21:14
Southern appears to be advancing to the Sweet 16 :D another Mid-major that can possible knock off 1 seed in the next round.

but I don't know whats worse, CBS coverage or FOX both are pathetic with commercials

jslone
21st March 2007, 17:24
Well the Skins have traded Adam Archuletta to the Bears,we got a 6th round pick out of the deal,but the lady Terps got beat so both the mens and womens Terps suck,oh well we had a great run for the lady's.

muggle not
21st March 2007, 23:20
North Carolina women have 3 teams still in the running and will play in the Sweet Sixteen. Duke, N.C. State, and North Carolina.

harvick#1
22nd March 2007, 01:46
Clemson is goin to the Garden :D

jslone
22nd March 2007, 17:58
gotta go with Air Force on this HArv.

harvick#1
22nd March 2007, 18:17
:mark:

no way :D

muggle not
22nd March 2007, 19:34
Gotta remember Harv, jslone also picked the Terps to go all the way in both men's and women's. :)

Smilieangel489
22nd March 2007, 21:42
Woohoo, more games tonight!

harvick#1
23rd March 2007, 02:08
wow, did the refs give Memphis that win :mad:

that was pathetic, just as bad as Nascar throwing phantom Debris cautions at the end of the race to bunch up the field

Smilieangel489
23rd March 2007, 03:24
Ahh, the Bucks aren't playing too great. I am hoping that the vols won't hit the shots they hit in the first half.

muggle not
23rd March 2007, 13:47
The Bucks came away with the win in a close game....by one point.

Smilieangel489
23rd March 2007, 16:40
The Bucks came away with the win in a close game....by one point.

Ron Lewis is by far the hero of the Bucks tourney run. Everyone is talking about Oden, but they played well without him. Terwilliger played some of the best basketball he has ever played while filling in.

harvick#1
24th March 2007, 01:00
you know all these people that say Nascar is more like WWE, but I'm saying the NCAA Basketball has taken the lead in that category,

these refs are getting more and more pathetic each game. we all know the refs won't let Florida lose to Butler

e2mtt
24th March 2007, 01:41
you know all these people that say Nascar is more like WWE, but I'm saying the NCAA Basketball has taken the lead in that category,

these refs are getting more and more pathetic each game. we all know the refs won't let Florida lose to Butler

It did seem like they might have been calling ticky-tack fouls. However, I think Butler was just hitting hard and aggressive. It was their chance, and they made it close. I hate games like that... I like scoring and fast breaks and good transition play.

Florida rolls on...

harvick#1
24th March 2007, 01:49
The Memphis game topped it off, I'm mean, what ref in his right mind would call a foul with three seconds left when 8 guys are under the rim all fighting for the rebound, why single out one guy.

plus with the OSU/xavier game, Oden should've gotten a Technical for the push and that would've been the end to that.

The NCAA is only about money and its pathetic. They make sure only the big-boy conferences are left.

George Mason was a major surprise, but if you say the UCONN game, the refs did everything in their power to get UCONN the win but they couldn't hit a shot.

Its disgraceful and unrespectful. I just wonder how the NCAA felt when Boise beat OU in the Fiesta Bowl.

jslone
24th March 2007, 04:18
If you want cinderella HArv,check out Marist in the womens tourney,they are this years George Mason,just cus its womens dont mean there is a cinderella team.

jslone
24th March 2007, 04:22
Well Damned carolina is still in it and so are the Hoyas,at least I still got one of my title teams inthe hunt.

muggle not
24th March 2007, 13:40
North Carolina, Duke, N.C. State, and Florida State are all in the Women's Sweet Sixteen. Should be some good games today. Hope N.C. State beats U-Conn.

North Carolina came back from a 10 point deficit to win in the mens. Shows how important that it is to rebound.

Smilieangel489
25th March 2007, 17:25
Woooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo!

e2mtt
25th March 2007, 21:29
The Memphis game topped it off, I'm mean, what ref in his right mind would call a foul with three seconds left when 8 guys are under the rim all fighting for the rebound, why single out one guy...

You are right. Absolutely great point.

BTW, Florida is up 6 on Oregon midway through 2nd.

harvick#1
25th March 2007, 22:03
and I notice only Oregon players commit fouls :rolleyes:

e2mtt
25th March 2007, 23:14
haha

No really... Florida plays really clean for the most part. I have watched many of their games this year, and rarely do they end up with foul trouble. Meanwhile, all of their opponents in the tournement have been hitting them much more physically then I ever saw during the regular season or the conference playoff.

harvick#1
25th March 2007, 23:34
I saw quite a bit that has been very ticky-tack that has gone against teams playing Florida. and I've seen Florida get away with alot on Defense.

its just like every sport though, its not the team that wins games, its the referees that determine it. I've seen it way too many times in the Tournament with lots of teams, in football, Hockey, even Nascar if you believe that :laugh:

but I wish there were fair refs and called the game correctly. The problem is that the refs have this "we are never wrong" mentalidy and thats whats wrong with the game

harvick#1
26th March 2007, 02:04
UNC mascot on Life Support :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ap-northcarolina-mascotinjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

I hope for the best

harvick#1
27th March 2007, 02:55
The worse has happened :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ap-northcarolinamascot&prov=ap&type=lgns

my thoughts and prayers to the family

e2mtt
1st April 2007, 02:07
Florida is playing UCLA, and the refs are on Florida's side again!

harvick#1
1st April 2007, 02:18
they sure are again :rolleyes:

funny how they let Ohio and G-town play hard, but these guys are calling anything

e2mtt
1st April 2007, 02:39
Actually as the game goes on, it has evened out a little, but Florida also has all the momentum now, and is ahead big. Back-to-back championships baby.

harvick#1
1st April 2007, 03:30
I'm guessing the NCAA is falling in love with OSU and Florida

e2mtt
1st April 2007, 03:37
yeah that is gonna be wild.
There has never before been a school with a football and a basketball championship at the same time, and I don't think the same 2 schools have played each other for these championships the same year.

Talk about a revenge game for Ohio State.

By the way, by now everybody but the Gator fans have probably turned off the game. This is an ugly game, and UCLA is getting slaughtered.

harvick#1
1st April 2007, 03:52
everytime I turn on the game its under commercial :s

its worse than Nascar on ABC or FOX

I'm watching the Riches on FX

e2mtt
1st April 2007, 04:07
76 - 66 Gators are going back to the championship game!!!!

muggle not
2nd April 2007, 01:30
Where is smiley, her team is in the Championship game.

Smilieangel489
2nd April 2007, 02:24
Where is smiley, her team is in the Championship game.

LOL, I am here and I am soooo freaking excited. It sucks that the game is against Florida, but I'm still happy!

jslone
2nd April 2007, 18:45
I got busted again,the hell was Jeff Green waiting for to get his forst points with about 3 minutes to go in the half?A hell of a time to go into a slump.Now thats not the only reason,but it says a lot.

Smilieangel489
3rd April 2007, 02:10
I don't know if anyone watched the intro on CBS, but the OSU cheerleader with dark curly hair that said the gator chomp went to my high school. That's so sweet that she was on there!

e2mtt
3rd April 2007, 02:33
Refs already calling too many fouls

harvick#1
3rd April 2007, 03:18
I didn't even realize the game was on, I'm watching The Riches instead.

they started the damn game way too late

muggle not
3rd April 2007, 03:24
Florida is lookiing pretty good. Most of the touch fouls were called "against" Florida. Jeez, for a freshman, how old is Oden anyway.

e2mtt
3rd April 2007, 03:48
oldest looking freshmen ever... haha

Florida is so sound & well rounded. I don't think they are gonna lose tonite.

(and Harvick#1, what's with you watching the Riches?)

e2mtt
3rd April 2007, 04:27
The Gators are just burning clock & keeping the lead at 10+

Smilieangel489
3rd April 2007, 18:03
The Bucks could've won if they had their normal outside shooting which is disappointing. Oden and Conley are beasts lol. Congrats to Florida.

e2mtt
3rd April 2007, 21:37
Florida was covering very tight... most of the 3-point attempts came with somebody right in their face, thus the poor percentages. The Gators couldn't stop Oden, (plus they were getting called on fouls & Oden wasn't!) so they single teamed him and focused on stopping everybody else. Later on, by the time a few of Ohio's shots started dropping, Oden was worn out.

Masterful coaching, if I say so myself.

harvick#1
3rd April 2007, 21:47
I've lost all faith in watching Basketball, pro or college. until the refs actual prove they can ref, its not a sport.

I love playing it both the basketball refs are the dumbest refs out there, it's even worse for Professionals.

let the guys play on both teams and if a foul is obvious, then you call it, not someone just touching your waist going up for a layup

e2mtt
4th April 2007, 00:41
I've lost all faith in watching Basketball, pro or college. until the refs actual prove they can ref, its not a sport.

I love playing it both the basketball refs are the dumbest refs out there, it's even worse for Professionals.

let the guys play on both teams and if a foul is obvious, then you call it, not someone just touching your waist going up for a layup

Yeah. They should always err on the side of NOT calling a foul/penalty. I hate seeing succesful plays called back/disallowed by a minor penalty - much more then care if a foul should have been called and isn't.

Kinda like racing rules... less is almost always better.

harvick#1
4th April 2007, 01:07
the one thing they never call is palming, but just about every player now does it, so the refs blew this.

the refs always assume there will be contact once the ball goes low and blow the whistle immediately before/after a shot.

and the refs I guess are never wrong. you see in other sports, the officials will make a mistake and correct themselves, but not NCAA/NBA basketball officials. just like how they didn't have any clue how much time was left during the Clemson/Duke game at the end. which ended up costing Clemson a possible OT win

muggle not
4th April 2007, 02:57
The Bucks could've won if they had their normal outside shooting which is disappointing. Oden and Conley are beasts lol. Congrats to Florida.
You are a good sport smiley. Florida looked pretty awesome. Oden is kind of unstoppable in College ball. I wonder though about the pro's.

e2mtt
4th April 2007, 12:53
If you want to talk really horrible officiating... a few years back, the Florida Gators lost to Florida State in a close game. The officiating was so biased all the national media was talking about it.

At one point, a Seminole slipped & a punt bounced right off of him into the endzone and was recovered for a Gator TD. The refs decided that because the kick reciever was slipping, he had a knee down when the kick touched him, and awarded the Seminoles the ball at the spot of the fumble.

In the same game, a FSU RB clearly fumbled, the ball was out bouncing on the ground, there was a pileup, and as the whistle was blown, a Gator player jumped out of edge of the pile with the ball in his hands. Yeah, the fumble was awarded to FSU.

jslone
4th April 2007, 19:34
Florida is going down next year,and my boys will be back next year.And have one of the better recruiting classes also.

jslone
4th April 2007, 19:35
Congrats to the Lady Vols for winning the womens title last night.

e2mtt
4th April 2007, 20:14
Congrats to the Lady Vols for winning the womens title last night.

Now that, my friends, is a dynasty. Seventh nat. championship for coach Pat Summit.

muggle not
4th April 2007, 21:35
Yeah, Pat Summit is quite a coach. I was pulling for Rutgers though. Jslone is somewhat correct. The Lady Terrapins will be some kind of tough next year.

Smilieangel489
5th April 2007, 03:10
You are a good sport smiley. Florida looked pretty awesome. Oden is kind of unstoppable in College ball. I wonder though about the pro's.

LOL, I am a good sport because I am happy we weren't embarassed like we were in football!

harvick#1
5th April 2007, 12:25
Florida is going down next year,and my boys will be back next year.And have one of the better recruiting classes also.

what are you smoking Clemson has the best backfield in the country and they are only a junior and a sophmore :D . don't forget, they have 2 extremely fast WR to cover and a couple of beasts as well.

E2mtt
there were some games that were odd with calls.

OU/Oregon was a blackeye though, on one replay, you clearly saw are Oregon player touch it, and an Oklahoma player who wasn't even going into the pile had the ball bounce right to him and he picked it up, now If I was him, I should've just ran it in. but I don't understand how the officials awarded the ball to Oregon when the pile was fighting for nothing and 2 OU players were holding the ball and pointing that they had it.

e2mtt
5th April 2007, 13:43
...OU/Oregon was a blackeye though, on one replay, you clearly saw are Oregon player touch it, and an Oklahoma player who wasn't even going into the pile had the ball bounce right to him and he picked it up, now If I was him, I should've just ran it in. but I don't understand how the officials awarded the ball to Oregon when the pile was fighting for nothing and 2 OU players were holding the ball and pointing that they had it.

haha good one. Sometime you wonder how they can justify some calls... with instant replay now though, I think it will work better. Before, I do understand how sometimes the wrong call got made (refs are human), the problem was they were too proud or something to pick the flag back up or reverse their call if it was obviously wrong after a little discussion.

In basketball, I just hate the way a little foul stops the whole game up, especially as the seconds are counting down. I think it would cool if it was possible to wave the foul off. Like the old Hack-a-Shaq system were teams would foul Shaquille O'Neal repeatedly, and then he would go to the line and miss all of his free throws. If he was allowed to just keep playing if he wanted to, or keep the dunk instead of losing those points and going to the line intead, it would speed things back up and get rid of that whole despicable strategy.

Of course, it was kinda funny watching coaches pull that strategy against the Gators late in games. They would start the intentional fouling to try to make Florida miss free throws, and they could respond with potential treys with plenty of time. Instead Florida made about 90% of their free throws, and then would go down the field and make defensive stops, and their lead would grow.

harvick#1
5th April 2007, 22:00
yes they do have replay but even still the refs know how to screw up a call.

I think the refs are starting to not call more things on the field because they know the Replay system will clarify the play.

but heres another thing that gripes me is when the refs check for a play clock or game time adjustment, they spend 10 minutes looking at the screen when everyone at home knows what time it should be.

harvick#1
6th April 2007, 01:32
(and Harvick#1, what's with you watching the Riches?)

I like the FX programs :D

its quite a good show

Rescue Me is great with Dennis "mother-****in" Leary :laugh:
Nip/Tuck is also good.

not big on The Shield and disliked Dirt very much
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

plus I can't wait to get NCAA Football (espcially with these two on the cover :D )

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q301/CKeo15/NCAA-08-Clemson-Custom-PS2-01.jpg

Jslone, (sorry they gonna put the Maryland D to shame)

tstran17_88
7th April 2007, 23:37
I'm just glad that "THE" Ohio State won the national championship in B-ball. I didn't want to see Florida repeat...oh wait, the Gators did repeat, didn't they? :D

BTW...Bucky Badger will be the National Champs in football next season. And ya'll can say you heard it here first!

tstran17_88
8th April 2007, 02:51
Congratulations to Michigan State for winning the most important college national championship there is!

Wow! What an awesome game. Good defense, great hitting and a come from behind victory from MSU. Great sportsmanship from BC. Wow again! I can't remember when the last time I saw a college game as awesome as this game...except for maybe when the Badgers beat BC for the national championship last year!

muggle not
11th April 2007, 19:22
Hansbrough and Lawson have announced that they will return to UNC for next year. UNC should be pretty tough. Now, if only Brandon Wright will stay put.

muggle not
28th June 2007, 15:21
Oden or Durant. Who will be the number one pick in tonight's draft.

tstran17_88
28th June 2007, 18:45
Oden...Portland isn't going to make the same mistake they made when they passed on MJ.

harvick#1
30th June 2007, 04:25
oh god, the Bulls picked Noah :(

sort of surprised to see Mr. 3 pointer at Florida not get drafted

muggle not
19th July 2007, 00:40
Atlanta is interviewing for a quarterback.

Need I say more. http://www.racing-forums.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

I know, I know, a person is innocent until proven quilty. However, if quilty they should hang him up by his crotch and lower him to the dogs.

harvick#1
19th July 2007, 02:07
look, Marcus and Michael will be jail buddies :p :

what a waste of talent

blakebeatty
19th July 2007, 17:39
Yup, very sad. The rest of you guys in the south should be lovin it though. The saints should roll through this division

MD24
29th July 2007, 17:24
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/vick.jpg

tstran17_88
30th July 2007, 18:59
Too bad the dog wasn't taking a chunk out of Vick's behind.

jslone
31st July 2007, 04:45
Enough of that crap,for those of you interested in Baseball,Mark Texieria(a local guy),well be traded to the Braves tomorrow,and KG well be traded to the Celtics for 5 players and 2 picks.

harvick#1
1st September 2007, 19:52
I know sports ain't allowed in this off-topic thread, but can't find the sports thread,

but #5 Michigun is losing to Div 1-AA Appalachian State 31-20 :laugh: with the end of the 3rd quater in sight.

harvick#1
1st September 2007, 20:53
its official #5 Michigun lost to a Div 1-AA school 34-32.

biggest upset ever in College Football :rotflmao:

muggle not
1st September 2007, 21:13
its official #5 Michigun lost to a Div 1-AA school 34-32.

biggest upset ever in College Football :rotflmao:
Not really. Only for those unfamiliar with Appalachian State. Upset yes, maybe. Appalachian is 2 time defending I-AA national champion and they are ranked as I-AA's preseason No. 1 team. Michigan was foolish to schedule them early on in the season, even if it was a home game for Michigan.

harvick#1
1st September 2007, 21:31
talent wise, Michigan should've blown App. State away. It doesn't matter if App. State has won championships, no 1-aa has ever beatin a team in the top 25 in Div 1. it was a great win for App. State and Michigan is done

harvick#1
28th October 2007, 03:17
sorry slone, Clemson put a rocking on your boys, but an excellent day in College Football. USC and Florida both lose again :D

jslone
30th October 2007, 02:19
Those 2 games were sweet werent they Harv.I got a friend who graduated at Florida and went to the first basketball title game,I dont think I will see him this week,maybe the dad,but he is a Irish grad.Doh.

muggle not
4th November 2007, 02:15
heh, I got tickets for the UNC basketball game against Nevada on Dec. 27. You have any idea how hard it is to get tickets to a UNC game. :) And I only paid $40 for each ticket. Normally they go for $400 each or against Duke like $1000 each.

harvick#1
4th November 2007, 03:00
hope you have a great time at the game, where will you be sitting

jslone
4th November 2007, 15:52
How much do they go for when the Terps come to town?

muggle not
5th November 2007, 03:17
Prices will vary depending on the seats and when you buy them:

Maryland at UNC tickets - $200 to $1000

Duke at UNC tickets - $600 to $2900

MD24
7th November 2007, 22:43
Prices will vary depending on the seats and when you buy them:

Maryland at UNC tickets - $200 to $1000

Duke at UNC tickets - $600 to $2900

Are you serious :eek:

I never thought tickets for a college sporting event would be so expensive.

muggle not
7th November 2007, 23:11
Are you serious :eek:

I never thought tickets for a college sporting event would be so expensive.
yep, those prices are for real. Remember though that UNC has a pre-season rating of #1 in the polls. I think though that the game with Duke is always costly.

tstran17_88
9th November 2007, 03:51
Those aren't the prices you pay to the university, are they? I'd guess those to be scalper or ticket broker prices.

My UW hockey tickets are $22 each. UW football is in the 40's and I would guess UW BB would be around the same as football. I took my daughter to a Marquette/UNC-Charlotte BB game a few years back and don't think I paid alot for them.

Even the toughest ticket in the NFL isn't that expensive...unless you buy from the scalper/ticket broker. I think our end zone tickets at the Frozen Tundra are around $60?

muggle not
9th November 2007, 14:35
Most top ranked college basketball teams usually sell out their tickets. You can buy tickets here for UNC basketball games and yes, they are what some call scalper tickets.
http://www.stubhub.com/tix11-ticketcenter/unc-basketball-tickets/?gtse=goog&gtkw=unc%20basketball%20tickets

The cost of season tickets though are astronomical for most major colleges. When I lived in Charlottesville the tickets were sold on a point system. For example if you donated $20,000 or $10,000 , yearly, to the Sport Foundation you were given first choice of season tickets. It went on down the line. The more years you donate the more points you accumulate and are then given top priority as long as you make a donation "that" year. The yearly donation amounts required are very high for most season tickets. I once had the brochure from UVA spelling out the donation required for each category of seating but since I moved am not on their mailing list.

muggle not
11th November 2007, 16:39
Football....Ohio State took it on the nose. LSU will probably take over the number 1 spot.

Women's Basketball - Good game today at 5 :o opm with Maryland playing Oklahoma......I will go with Maryland.

muggle not
28th November 2007, 23:50
Wonder how they will do tonight.

The ACC is leading the Big 10 by a 5 to 1 game ratio in the Challenge. Of course that should not be a surprise to anyone. :D

harvick#1
29th November 2007, 06:43
ahh, once again, The ACC kicks the crap out of the Big Ten :D its just a great annual tradition

muggle not
29th November 2007, 14:47
ahh, once again, The ACC kicks the crap out of the Big Ten :D its just a great annual tradition
After last night's games the ACC has a 8 to 3 lead in wins over the Big Ten. ;)

jslone
1st December 2007, 03:47
How bout my Terps,the women are in first in the ACC and the men beat on the Illini,not a bad win.Still a lot of ball to be played so anything can and usually does happen.

muggle not
1st December 2007, 14:50
How bout my Terps,the women are in first in the ACC and the men beat on the Illini,not a bad win.Still a lot of ball to be played so anything can and usually does happen.
The Maryland women are very good. They should make the final four when the time comes. Langhorne and Toliver look sharp. However, it is still a long schedule and there are tough opponents that will give them a rough time.

harvick#1
2nd December 2007, 16:32
well, now whos gonna play in the National Championship, this was the BCS's worst nightmare with 1 and 2 losing yesterday, Ohio State is in, but now 6 teams are gonna fight and cry like Urban Meyer to try and get into to face the buckeyes,

muggle not
2nd December 2007, 17:14
well, now whos gonna play in the National Championship, this was the BCS's worst nightmare with 1 and 2 losing yesterday, Ohio State is in, but now 6 teams are gonna fight and cry like Urban Meyer to try and get into to face the buckeyes,
This was a year where no one wanted the #1 spot. :)

Agree, Ohio State is probably in but it could be anyone after that. I was glad to see W.V lose. I have an ex-relative that is an azzhole and he is a W.V. fan. :D

jslone
3rd December 2007, 01:59
LSU and the Buckeyes in the title game,what do you all think???

harvick#1
3rd December 2007, 04:32
what a weak BCS 5 games,

they really screwed up putting Kansas in instead of Mizzou (Mizzou finished ahead of KU in the final BCS standings)

then the Rose Bowl should've been USC vs Georgia, now we get to witness maybe the biggest BCS blowout in their 10 year history

VT should've been paired with OU

these guys must have been smokin some bad crack when making the big games :s

jslone
1st February 2008, 19:35
How many of you are already tired of the SUper Bowl?I am going to root for the Gmen,mainly cus they are division and plus the fact that the Pats coach got caught spying and got slapped on the wrist basically.

muggle not
1st February 2008, 21:06
Yeah, I am rooting for Eli and the Giants to upset the Pats and snap their winning streak. The winning streak would be meaningless if they lose the Super Bowl.

harvick#1
2nd February 2008, 06:22
I hope New England wins, I can't stand New York teams and New York fans.

and they don't even play in New York :p :

muggle not
2nd February 2008, 19:04
The super bowl is not just a game, it is an Event.

Hell, even the commercials are fun to watch and anticipated by many. I understand that Victoria's Secret will run an ad this year. Budweiser's are always great. A 30 second ad will cost $2.7 million this year. They are saying that 90 million people will be watching the game.

What TV event has more parties than the Super Bowl, none that I know of. :)

muggle not
3rd February 2008, 15:52
Finally, Art Monk is elected to the Hall of Fame along with Darrell Green (a no-brainer). Both are more than deserving.

tstran17_88
4th February 2008, 18:32
I didn't care for the Bud commercials this year, except the wine & cheese tasting one. The E-trade one where the buy upchucks his formula was funny and the one with Shaq was good, especially the shot of the kid picking his nose.

harvick#1
5th February 2008, 15:05
Bobby Knight has stepped down at Texas Tech :(

one of the best coachs looks like hes giving up coaching. its been one awesome run :beer:

muggle not
5th February 2008, 23:53
Bobby Knight has stepped down at Texas Tech :(

one of the best coachs looks like hes giving up coaching. its been one awesome run :beer:
It certainly has. It is pretty hard to argue against his success. I believe that he simply got tired of the game, besides, it was time to let his son take over.

jslone
9th February 2008, 04:10
He will coach again,if not then maybe the tv booth.

jslone
9th February 2008, 04:11
Finally, Art Monk is elected to the Hall of Fame along with Darrell Green (a no-brainer). Both are more than deserving.

Took too friggin long Muggles,now can you also splain to me why non of the hogs are in the Hall?One of the best lines in the history and not 1 are in.

jslone
9th February 2008, 04:13
As for the commercials,they were in a word,crap this year,same with the half time show,I like Tom Petty,but I thought that he was lip syncing,drunk or high or both,but you cant sound that good live,some singers are like that,but also for a half time show,I just dont know on this one.

harvick#1
11th February 2008, 02:29
its official,

UNC brings their own refs to their games, Clemson down right whipped them, but the refs bailed out Carolina on every single play, give me a break,

Bob Stoops seys it best that the Refs are the biggest dumb****s in game, they are biased towards one team in conference play (like Duke, UNC) while others get screwed every game. the streak goes on only thanks to the refs who don't see any harm the Carolina players do

muggle not
12th February 2008, 03:34
My granddaughter attends UNC and was at the UNC vs Clemson game. She said that the crowd went nuts at the end of the game. She thought the referees were pretty fair. :) She has been to 5 of the UNC games so far this year.

harvick#1
12th February 2008, 06:31
the refs were no way at all fair, even the announcers started bashing them,

muggle not
24th March 2008, 14:18
Davidson has been fun to watch. Little Stephen Curry, the kid none of the big schools wanted, has been great. I was amazed how he lead Davidson back from a 17 point deficit to knock off mighty Georgetown.

UNC will go all the way.

tstran17_88
24th March 2008, 17:28
I'm glad Georgetown lost...just want Texas to lose now! :p Only reason is that Wisconsin got shafted in the seedings IMO. Only teams that deserved to be a #2 over WI was Tennessee & Duke.

jslone
10th April 2008, 05:56
Terry bite your tongue,the boyswell be back next year,same with the Terps as well.Hoiw about my Caps going from last to 3rd since the new coach came on and the fact that we got the best player on hockey on the team.Now if the Wizards can stay healthy we should be able to beat anyone in the East.

jslone
24th July 2008, 04:51
Now that its football season,the next best season to Nascar of course,what do you think of my boys signing Taylor and Shockey going to the Saints?

tstran17_88
24th July 2008, 18:43
I think Steve Czaban mentioned that signing Taylor was probably one of the smartest moves your owner has made…and he doesn’t think too highly of the Skins owner. Every once in awhile I’ll listen to his national show, but I mostly listen to him when he calls into a local show and does a 20 minute sports segment.

The Giants did themselves a favor getting rid of Shockey. Notice that they played better without him in the lineup? I’m guessing he was a cancer in the locker room.

We had that same problem with Sterling Sharpe. The year he retired, the team went 12-4. The two previous years, the team was 8-8…and that was with Favre as QB.

jslone
4th August 2008, 05:18
Farve has got to go I hate to say it.I mean the coach said the job was Rogers when Brett stepped down and now there is an open competition for it?If I was Rogers I say trade me,they dont know what to do and its hurting the team instead of helping them.Pus I loved it when my boys booed Micheal Irvin at the Hall.I think it was because he got in before Art,but nonetheless a Cowboy.

MD24
6th August 2008, 02:36
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=245375&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

I hope he gets traded to the team with the worst offensive line and gets sacked everytime he hits the field.
I so sick of his constant moaning.

tstran17_88
7th August 2008, 01:54
The rest of the world is finally figuring out what I figured out over ten years ago after they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Favre thinks he IS the Packers. He's been a prima donna ever since.

Actually, the entire team copped an attitude after the Super Bowl...coaches included. It cost them the win the next year against Denver.

After that I became a fair weather fan. I'll only support the Packers, Brewers, Badgers and Marquette when they are playing well.

Racing has been my number one sport to follow since 1997 with hockey a distant second. I'll still support the hockey Badgers, Milwaukee Admirals, Preds and Wild even they play crappy.

jslone
9th August 2008, 07:05
With Brett's ego,I think it has more of him asking what else is there?It seems that he doesnt want to coach,or do anything else.Hell,Randy Moss started a truck team,does that mean he wants to do Nascar full time when he retires,who kows,but he has that going for him.I am glad its finally done with.

willracefan
10th August 2008, 00:29
thank goodness he's not a buc. i hate them.

and i think phili will challenge the cowboys for top seed in the nfc. have you see their schedule? lots of last place teams.

jslone
27th January 2009, 03:12
OKay the Super Bowl is this weekend and I think the Steelers well win it.But I also want the Cards because to former Skins are on the coaching staff in Russ Grimm(also a semi finalst for the hall of fame) and Ken Wisenhunt.

muggle not
28th January 2009, 01:04
OKay the Super Bowl is this weekend and I think the Steelers well win it.But I also want the Cards because to former Skins are on the coaching staff in Russ Grimm(also a semi finalst for the hall of fame) and Ken Wisenhunt.
Shoot jslone, you gotta root for the steelers. Their management is the best in pro Football, besides the steelers have one great team.......also, both Grimm and Wisenhunt came from the Steelers.

Steelers to win......besides, one of Sparky's favorite quarterbacks, Terry Bradshaw, played for the steelers. :)

Sparky1329
28th January 2009, 03:01
Shoot jslone, you gotta root for the steelers. Their management is the best in pro Football, besides the steelers have one great team.......also, both Grimm and Wisenhunt came from the Steelers.

Steelers to win......besides, one of Sparky's favorite quarterbacks, Terry Bradshaw, played for the steelers. :)

Bite your tongue, mister. Bradshaw makes me gag. :D

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Sparky1/Clip%20Art/th_smileyGoSteelers.gif

jslone
29th January 2009, 00:33
Well ya remember when Sparky said she was in love with him.Heh.

muggle not
2nd February 2009, 03:40
WooHoo....6 Super Bowl Champoinships. Way to go Steelers.

jslone
2nd February 2009, 03:47
It was a good game.I think that had someone tackeld Harrison,the outcome might have been different.Plus he should have been mvp.

Mark in Oshawa
4th February 2009, 00:40
He should have been the MVP but I think on that run, no one who got close to him was BIG enough to bring him down. The only Cards to have a realistic shot of getting to him were Warner (he got run over) and Fitzgerald and Breston at the end.....

willracefan
5th February 2009, 17:41
okay who thinks obama needs to stay out of sports? everytime he picks, that team wins.

and i was right at least about philadelphia topping dallas but i didnt pick them as a wildcard over dallas, but division winner and top seed.

jason kidd is calling the plays for dallas and they have won four straight.

the gamecocks basketball program is playing with heart and the team is in it til the end and not giving up. and do the refs love calathes or what? sc played better than florida!

chiefs prima donna players are wanting out. i guess because they may not like the decisions. they will go nowhere if they draft mark sanchez.

here's to the saints turning things around in 09 with their new defensive coordinator greg williams. cant wait for free agency!

jslone
5th February 2009, 23:31
Hey HArv,great win last night ove Duke.

muggle not
6th February 2009, 23:56
No team seems to want number one. Not only did Duke lose last night, so did WF.

Hey, how about the UVA women putting it on Maryland. :)

And the first coach in history to win 1000 games......Pat Summit.

jslone
7th February 2009, 03:58
True,Pat is arguably one the all time best coaches for both men and women,but Muggle,also remember that the lady Terps also beat a very good FSU team later that week.

willracefan
7th February 2009, 18:10
duke can't win on national tv. bottom line. thats their downfall in the tournament.