PDA

View Full Version : Mike Jordan in testing collision

Allyc85
3rd March 2008, 17:59
Mike Jordan has been involved in a collision with a GT car at silverstone resulting in the GT driver, Chris Sanders being taken to hospital. Apparently it happened where mike had his accident at woodcote a couple years ago, surely now its about time they improved the safety at that point.

Full story here http://www.crash.net/motorsport/brit_gt/news/160378-0/nissan_racer_injured_at_silverstone.html

tdb
3rd March 2008, 21:35
it would seem several posters on several forums were quick to jump on the fact Mike Jordan was involved, but no one has stated where the blame lies!

Read the back of any ticket and it states " motorsport is dangerous"

Accidents happen, nobody wants them, but they do happen!

to post a particular drivers involvement in anothers injury suggests blame to me and i frown upon it!
Post facts or post nothing IMO!

VXRDartford
4th March 2008, 12:45
Whoa there...

If you actually read what the previous post said it was quoting the facts, not saying that Mike Jordan was at fault or even trying to suggest anything like that. It was just reporting that Mike was involved in an accident at the same spot where he was involved in one and both accidents have resulted in the driver being taken to hospital and that there needs to be something done at that corner to prevent any further injuries when a car hits the wall there.

I totally agree with that. The wall is quite close to the track with a very limited run off. It either needs to be lengthend or a safer barrier put up.

Allyc85
4th March 2008, 19:06
it would seem several posters on several forums were quick to jump on the fact Mike Jordan was involved, but no one has stated where the blame lies!

to post a particular drivers involvement in anothers injury suggests blame to me and i frown upon it!

Dont twist my own or other peoples words to suit your own view, I never even came close to blaming Mike for the accident.

Day172
5th March 2008, 11:00

Calm down guys, I think he's referring to comments made elsewhere.

tdb
5th March 2008, 19:27
VXRDartford, Astraracer et all,
I wasn't "twisting" anybody's words.

having been at tests alot lately, the driving standards are at best, silly!
4 wide into copse? on a test day? FGS!!!

my point was perhaps missed.

As for safety at any particular corner, i feel it is driving standards, not safety that needs addressing!

Also that fact that Mike was involved, being jumped on and posted on touring car forums got me a bit riled.

if he wasn't there, would it have even been mentioned?
A driver is injured and it only gets mentioned because a btcc driver is involved.

We had a car damaged at a recent test and it was probably the fault of all 3 involved.

I just find the whole thing and a btcc drivers involvement in anyform making news and forum posts a little dissapointing.

the king
6th March 2008, 15:51
VXRDartford, Astraracer et all,

Also that fact that Mike was involved, being jumped on and posted on touring car forums got me a bit riled.

if he wasn't there, would it have even been mentioned?

Sorry for being a bit thick here but I think there are some clues in your own statement.

1. Mike is a driver in the BTCC

2. Mike is involved in an incident at the same corner where he had a previous serious accident.

3. There is no racing going on at the moment, just testing so anything that is even slightly connected to a BTCC driver will be posted on a Touring car forum

4. You are very correct in your statement that if Mike hadn't been involved it wouldn't have been posted. Why would someone post on a Touring car forum that a GT driver had been involved in a testing collision with another GT driver?

You appear to have appointed yourself as some sort of guardian of the BTCC and if someone posts anything you don't like you rip them a new one. You've already been banned from one site for being argumentative, I thought you may have learnt a lesson.

cookingfat
6th March 2008, 17:01
You appear to have appointed yourself as some sort of guardian of the BTCC and if someone posts anything you don't like you rip them a new one. You've already been banned from one site for being argumentative, I thought you may have learnt a lesson.

It's comments like this that we don't really need..

This is a discussion forum....so discuss. Don't start slagging people off!

tdb
6th March 2008, 19:32
You appear to have appointed yourself as some sort of guardian of the BTCC and if someone posts anything you don't like you rip them a new one. You've already been banned from one site for being argumentative.

your statement above could not be more incorrect!

And i object to the suggestion of violence towards any forum member!