PDA

View Full Version : Wtcc Dvd

ATF
15th January 2007, 13:54
The WTCC DVD review 2006 is out today. I saw a lot of different dates on websites, so I emailed Duke who confirmed it was due for release today and the information on their website was incorrect. It's only 11.99 on the hmv website but they claim it's not out til March. Has anyone seen/bought it yet? Or is anyone planning to?

tyreman2
15th January 2007, 20:53
The guys at Duke told me that there had been a problem with the production of the DVD, some problem with the master.The release date is now expected to be mid-feb

kmchow
16th January 2007, 02:53
Will it be in english? I got sucked into buying the '05 WTCC DVD that's basically 99% in italian except for a few short interviews/news clips in english. OTOH, last time I asked the question, someone mentioned they have a '05 WTCC DVD that was 100% in english?

LiamM
16th January 2007, 11:51
As far as I am aware yes, but it might have Italian commentary if you want to listen like that......:P

kmchow
16th January 2007, 21:41
As far as I am aware yes, but it might have Italian commentary if you want to listen like that......:P
But since Duke is distributing (sounds like they're creating as well?) the review DVD, I expect it should be in all in english? Though the '05 WTCC DVD claimed english audio, there's no language submenu or secondary audio channel that I could find on the DVD. But then the '05 WTCC DVD was originally produced by an Italian company?

ATF
17th January 2007, 17:19
I assume the Duke review will be English, whereas the 05 edition wasn't available in this country, only on an italian site. Does anyone have a link to that site please?

SEATFreak
18th January 2007, 18:35
Which site? Duke's? Here it is anyway incase anyone is interested.
http://www.dukevideo.com/Cars/DVD/Circuit%20Racing/World%20Touring%20Car%202006%20DVD.aspx

On another topic is it, between HMV and Halfords and like the BTCC season review, available in HMV only or do Halfords stock it too?

LiamM
18th January 2007, 18:48
Im sure all good Audio-Visual stockists will have it, buy it off Amazon (probably cheaper)

Mp3 Astra
28th February 2007, 22:23
Can't another thread about it, but my copy arrived 4 days ago. I'm not entirely sure about the commentary and the editing...
I don't understand why they have to show the whole grid for every race, it takes about 3 minutes to get through the grid which takes up valuable highlight time. Also, the commentator knows exactly what is about to happen and that annoys me no end. But the actual racing is pretty good.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 22:26
Unfortuantly my DVD copy is corrupted when it gets to Puebla. Anyone else had this problem?

Mp3 Astra
28th February 2007, 22:46
I have that problem too. (Didn't mention it because I thought it was just me).
Try playing it on your PC, it worked for me. But I'll still send it back.

Iain
28th February 2007, 22:48
What's it like apart from the corruption? Just the Eurosport coverage recorded onto a DVD?

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 22:49
Thanks - will try that. I still plan to return it to Duke though. By the sound of it may not be an isolated problem then.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 22:49
What's it like apart from the corruption? Just the Eurosport coverage recorded onto a DVD?

Worse sadly. They have removed Martin Havens commentry (which I quite enjoyed - at least you don't get Tony Delahuntys attempt at Magny Cours though!!) and instead replaced by a sort of voice over commentator.

Mp3 Astra
28th February 2007, 22:50

No, it's a new commentator commentating purely on the edited highlights. He tries his best to sound excited but you know when something is about to happen, in his voice. As I said, lots of showing the qualifying grid which takes away valuable racing time.

Iain
28th February 2007, 23:02
Think I'll give it a miss then. I'm not paying £15 to be irritated. :s

Mp3 Astra
1st March 2007, 18:04

But you get a great trailer of the WTCC game in the special features, why wouldn't you want that??? :p :

Mp3 Astra
3rd March 2007, 00:49
Oh, I forgot, he calls James Thompson JAMIE Thompson!

PDS
6th March 2007, 23:47
Unfortuantly my DVD copy is corrupted when it gets to Puebla. Anyone else had this problem?
Just checked mine. It froze for about 3 seconds during the warm-up lap!

Not worth sending it back for that!

Alfa Fan
6th March 2007, 23:56
Just checked mine. It froze for about 3 seconds during the warm-up lap!

Not worth sending it back for that!

No my one freezes and then skips the chapter completly. Its clearly a bad disk.

ATF
8th March 2007, 11:08

It's only £12 on the hmv website.

Would anyone say it's worth that?!

PDS
8th March 2007, 17:14
I'm happy with mine!

kali
9th March 2007, 21:37
I saw it said 120 mins on the website but just went to halfords and the back says 212 mins. Might have to invest lol.

Mp3 Astra
10th March 2007, 13:56
Just received a letter saying to return the DVD, so I'm guessing everyone else should as well. You should get a replacement if you do