PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors we'd like to see in the V8 Trophy

racing59
1st March 2008, 23:58
OK, it's fantasy time....

Who would you like to see sponsor a car in the V8 Trophy - which number and why. Please make it witty - or at least try!

Please also - no "because they do it in NASCAR" posts.

I'll start the ball rolling...

Mr Kipling -No6 - You can have your cake and eat it! Most of their cakes come in packs of 6, would it require a female driver from a certain town in Derbyshire? Not sure....

Heinz Baked Beans - 57 - so the car would go like the wind?

Over to you sportsfans!

Mike_Drummer
2nd March 2008, 01:27
V8 vegetable juice (my mum has some) - dont really need to explain why i chose it, and for any car i guess.

morrisons - no59 - similar colours :) wouldnt have to change your paint scheme

army and navy...rival RAF perhaps??

mike :D

car20
2nd March 2008, 17:56
HM PRISONS for john steward adding spin on last years crime stoppers car

Abo
2nd March 2008, 19:05
Heinz on the #57 car

Abo
2nd March 2008, 19:07
Come up with a VXR8 sticker package, badge the car as a VXR8 and have it sponsored by Vauxhall Masterfit?

racing59
2nd March 2008, 19:13
Heinz on the #57 car

Sorry, your answer is invalid without a graphic description of why.
Go to the back of the queue, go on!

Co-sponsor the #57 between Heinz, Red Bull, and Heinekin. Lay out the graphics on the car so at the right angle, it could be read....

Eat More................. Red Bull......Heinekin Refreshes
Heinz Baked Beans.... Gives you....The Parts.....
Full of Fibre............. Wings.........Other's Cannot Reach.

racing59
2nd March 2008, 19:14
Come up with a VXR8 sticker package, badge the car as a VXR8 and have it sponsored by Vauxhall Masterfit?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

(it'd only work with a Pontiac.....tee hee hee)

Abo
2nd March 2008, 19:27
Sorry, your answer is invalid without a graphic description of why.

This is a family forum... :P

The12Dude
2nd March 2008, 21:35
How about the Walls Ice Cream 99 Car

If we allowed Tobacco sponsorship still ... there could be an Embassy No 6 Car

And then a team of party animals in the 18 to 30 cars?

The mobile phone wars between the 02 car and the 3

And then of course ... the Andrex toilet tissue Car - That would be a Number 2 !

fastbob
3rd March 2008, 12:40
!

Pink Tampax car..... No.12 .... cause it's a monthly thing.

Gasman#99
3rd March 2008, 19:51
Mecca bingo - 88 with 2 fat ladys as pit girls

Glen 320
4th March 2008, 20:06
How about the double zero "OO" Krispy Kreme car,mmm...doughnuts!

cgs
4th March 2008, 23:02
The #50+ Saga Life Insurance car!!!

quorky
5th March 2008, 20:20
the sun car 3 nice pit girls

racing59
5th March 2008, 22:04
Filthy child!

(the Sport would be better/worse [depending on your point of view])

Reynard
6th March 2008, 12:02
Number 00 - Typhoo Tea! :cheese:

Two thumbs fresh and enough from the sponsors to keep me going all day... ;)

The Pits!
7th March 2008, 19:29
Durex - on No. 69 of course.
no more flat tyres
worked for F1 - sometimes :)

quorky
7th March 2008, 20:23
thats the car that the bbc wood not show because it wos sponsered by durrex pitty it wos winning most of the way .till it got a puntcher a but worring

fastbob
7th March 2008, 22:14
thats the car that the bbc wood not show because it wos sponsered by durrex pitty it wos winning most of the way .till it got a puntcher a but worring

would.... was.....pity...was....until.... puncture.....worrying I presume

71minus2
7th March 2008, 22:59
maybe co-op funeral services would be appropriate. I hate to say it but SCSA/DoT/ASCAR is no longer the oval racing spectacle we once knew.

JovialJooles
7th March 2008, 23:01

:D

JovialJooles
7th March 2008, 23:03
maybe co-op funeral services would be appropriate. I hate to say it but SCSA/DoT/ASCAR is no longer the oval racing spectacle we once knew.

Shame you did mention it really. Hardly light relief!

Gasman#99
8th March 2008, 08:19

:D
You lot are going abit of topic, now keep up, plus i feel it very unfair taking the pee out of another member on the forum for there spelling mistakes, being senior members you should know better, i would like you to give yourself 3 points

fastbob
8th March 2008, 09:13
abit

!!!!!!!!? ;-)

The Pits!
8th March 2008, 13:22
You lot are going abit of topic, now keep up, plus i feel it very unfair taking the pee out of another member on the forum for there spelling mistakes, being senior members you should know better, i would like you to give yourself 3 points
.. their spelling mistakes.... :)

JovialJooles
8th March 2008, 15:49
"a bit off topic..."

"... I would like you to give yourselves 3 points" :p

the od spelling misteak or rypo is not a problem.

Posting something that makes no sense is.

racing59
8th March 2008, 15:59
For those who have spilling difficulty, read this:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist andlsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by stlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh?

Henry Cutts
8th March 2008, 16:52

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist andlsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by stlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh?

amzanig!

Tractorboy.
8th March 2008, 17:14
Dude your on Facebook far to much!!!

Gasman#99
8th March 2008, 17:15

Amzanig huh?
mdae me lguah taht did

racing59
8th March 2008, 18:13

I'm deleting my facebook account. It's pants. Had enough of it.
Why do I want to know that "fred has picked their nose" (add picking your nose application - click here....) Sorry. sick of it.

Do a google on "bored with facebook" or "facebook anthem".

Yung
9th March 2008, 04:34
LOL!

Tractorboy.
9th March 2008, 08:14
I'm deleting my facebook account. It's pants. Had enough of it.
Why do I want to know that "fred has picked their nose" (add picking your nose application - click here....) Sorry. sick of it.

Do a google on "bored with facebook" or "facebook anthem".

i quite like it as i can put aload of photo's on the Revolution Group of the stuff we get up to and pictures of working on the car!! gives people a chance to see whats going on!!

acorn
9th March 2008, 12:15
only if they're already registered with a password and frankly i've got enough passwords to remember without adding another one just to look at one set of photos. if you want the general public (rather than a select few)to view your pics, use something like photobucket.

fastbob
9th March 2008, 15:49
only if they're already registered with a password and frankly i've got enough passwords to remember without adding another one just to look at one set of photos. if you want the general public (rather than a select few)to view your pics, use something like photobucket.

But who will know they are there..... when you post them on a group through facebook you can everyone in the group know you have new pic's posted!

Lots of race car fans on face book and they tend to find each other.... I have been contacted by people from short oval, marshals, other MSA drivers, crews of teams.... fans can join the groups too.

The Pits!
9th March 2008, 20:02

... you're on ........ :)

(spelling and grammer checking now..)

racing59
9th March 2008, 21:23
I find that MySpace is just as good, and not as annoying with ruddy application after application sent to annoy you at every turn.

Reynard
10th March 2008, 13:55
... you're on ........ :)

(spelling and grammer checking now..)

Aaaah, brilliant! Great to see someone who is as pernickety about spelling and grammar as I am. :cheese:

Back to possible sponsors... Anything to do with tea, cake, healthyfood aka chocolate and such like would get the thumbs up from me.

Also, how about specially for Rob; Windsor & Newton art supplies, maybe their Winton student oil paint range? The tubes are big enough to have plenty of paint to keep the crew practicing (and hopefully improving) their skills. ;)

Tractorboy.
10th March 2008, 13:59
Aaaah, brilliant! Great to see someone who is as pernickety about spelling and grammar as I am. :cheese:

Back to possible sponsors... Anything to do with tea, cake, healthyfood aka chocolate and such like would get the thumbs up from me.

Also, how about specially for Rob; Windsor & Newton art supplies, maybe their Winton student oil paint range? The tubes are big enough to have plenty of paint to keep the crew practicing (and hopefully improving) their skills. ;)

He's just being petty about the spelling. And i put the pictures on facebook as its very quick and easy to do for me. As for Myspace you always get some idiot hack into your account and send all your friends a load of nonsense. the pictures are there to look at if your really wanted to see them.

Henry Cutts
10th March 2008, 14:10

It takes years of training, to get to our level of painting! It could do with some green :)

The Pits!
10th March 2008, 20:56

Wouldn't it be grammatically more correct to say "Great to see someone who is as pernickety about spelling and grammar as I"?

or even "Great to see someone who is as pernickety as I about spelling and grammar"?

the 'am' being superfluous in either case

Or is that now getting a tad too pedantic? :)

Sticker Rub
10th March 2008, 23:31
Or is that now getting a tad too pedantic? :)

Never start a sentence with a conjunction. :)

racing59
11th March 2008, 06:06
New car announced for 2008 - the 08 Oxford English Dictionary car, with it's sister team car the 88 - Roget's Thesaurus car.

Reynard
11th March 2008, 17:40
The cars will be known colloquially as "Balderdash" and "Piffle" ;)

The Pits!
11th March 2008, 21:53
Never start a sentence with a conjunction. :)
who says? :)

Ending sentences in prepositions however, that's a totally different matter, something I cannot put up with :laugh:

The Pits!
13th March 2008, 21:00
Well, I appear to have killed this thread.........

On which one shall I start now? :)

hmmm - donuts
13th March 2008, 21:37

Amzanig huh?

Eye all weighs ewes aye spill chequer sew eye make know mist aches!

hmmm - donuts
13th March 2008, 21:39
How about the double zero "OO" Krispy Kreme car,mmm...doughnuts!

I think you'll find that's Hmmm - donuts!