PDA

View Full Version : The Split Continues

!!WALDO!!
29th February 2008, 03:35
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AMERICAN GRAND PRIX SERIES ANNOUNCEMENT
President of Public Relations : Jeff Barret

FEBRUARY 28 2008- BRASELTON, GEORGIA USA- AMERICAN GRAND PRIX SERIES, LLC- American Grand Prix Series is proud to debut the contest of a new open wheel racing circuit in the American motorsports arena. Developed and produced by Bernard Ecclestone, Dr. Donald Panoz, and Gerald Forsythe, this series will formally represent the FIA sanctioned Formula 1 circuit in the North American markets. The 2008 schedule will be announced on March 29, 2008, and television broadcasting partners will be announced soon after.

"I'm pleased Don, Gerry, and I are able to put this series together and have it viable for a 2008 contest. America is very important to Formula 1, and this series will formally represent us. I have commitments from three manufactures and six F1 teams ready to operate junior programs in this series," said Bernard Ecclestone.

"It's important American and international drivers can work with our Formula 1 junior team programs," said Gerald Forsythe. "This new series will race on North America's greatest venues. We will have a fair mix of oval, road course, and temporary courses. I'm happy to form this partnership, and look forward to our first race."

Dr. Donald Panoz said, "I am delighted to form this new series with Bernie and Gerry. We will utilize the timing and scoring infrastructure currently provided by my American Le Mans Series. We look forward to inviting this series to a number of our current and successful venues."

American Grand Prix Series will act as a formal North American representative for international and FIA sanctioned open wheel racing. The series confirms it will use a proven and ready car formula, recently released by a former American based open wheel series, which will be developed and produced by Elan Motorsports.

Hoss Ghoul
29th February 2008, 03:51
Ughhh...

has to be a bad joke.

jarrambide
29th February 2008, 03:54
I donīt care if this was posted as a joke or if it was suppose to fool a few gullible members, I donīt care either way, this is a no no in this forum.

For the record, if at least this had been an original idea I would have laugh a little bit, but taking the idea from another board just made me a little bit more angry with the post.

jarrambide
29th February 2008, 03:54
I donīt care if this was posted as a joke or if it was suppose to fool a few gullible members, I donīt care either way, this is a no no in this forum.

For the record, if at least this had been an original idea I would have laugh a little bit, but taking the idea from another board just made me a little bit more angry with the post.