PDA

View Full Version : Is their anyone left who hasn't drank the IRL coolaide yet?

qwinsee
29th February 2008, 03:22
I have subscibed to AutoRacing1 for many years because Mark C and company seemed to voice the concerns of the split. Being a CC fan long before the split, I know how good the product was. The day the unification was announced, everyone started waving ILR flags and singing "back home in Indiana".

I get it, and I am not stupid enough to realize the potential of the merger (if that is what they are calling it).

I understand the need for many people to get on board (Mark C), it's your buisness. I am just very suprised how quickly all these people have changed their tune. Not only has this site / forum changed its tune overnight they seem to think anyone who doesn't share that tune is damaged goods. We are suppose to have 1 more CC race yet the forum disappeared before the press confrence. I have read many posts where the moderators are warning the posters to "get with the program or get out". I've also noticed comments to posters like myself (who hasn't posted 6042 posts) that my opinion doesn't count. Well as a subscriber, it does count.

Both of these series were spiraling downward and CC blinked first.
It sure would have been nice if the merger took the best of both products. Now, all we have is the IRL product. I cringe at the idea that we are all suppose to hold hands, close our eyes and jump off the cliff together. I don't hate TG, I think he has no credability. The whole Paul Tracy Indy 500 fiasco stunk and just last year he was supplying the princess with power steering.

I have also read many posts deminishing the whole thing as "just buisness". Well they will be out of buisness if they don't take the fans serious. CC has entered this giving up everything and getting nothing. 09 needs to be the year that will make it or break it. What they give up and adopt in 09 will tell us if it was a merger or the IRL gained a few more Penski's and Ganassi's.

I won't be attending any races this year, well, because they are all cancelled. I will watch a race or two and see if it draws me in, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I don't know if I can stomach the whole Danica thing. We'll see.

I hope this post isn't too strong or negative for the IRL forum. I am likely banned now.

Ruben Barrios
29th February 2008, 03:26
Don't worry there is still plenty of hate going on in another forum, I'm sure you know which one it is... Most people around here enjoy racing, that's why they choose a place with racing diversity. Every story has two sides... Closing your mind to one of the sides, negates you an opportunity to grow...

People around here (for the most part) have not drank Koolaide neither from IRL or from CART.

jarrambide
29th February 2008, 03:32
Many of us are hurting, we get it, we donīt need 200 "I donīt like this, I wont be attending, watching.......", I will close each new thread because is exactly the same post over and over and over again.