PDA

View Full Version : You Oughta See Him (When He's Pissed)

CNR
28th February 2008, 21:00
Bernie debunks & confirms Kimi myths

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3208962,00.html

"Every time I've been out to dinner with him," Ecclestone told the Mirror, "he has been as good as gold.

"And he's even better when he's pissed.

"There's nothing wrong with that. He doesn't embarrass people to the extent they say: 'My God, he shouldn't be doing that'.

"It's just that when he wants to do something, he doesn't muck about. He just does it."

The F1 supremo added that he believes Raikkonen will make it two from two this season as he chases his second successive World title.

Tazio
28th February 2008, 21:52
"There's nothing wrong with that. He doesn't embarrass people to the extent they say: 'My God, he shouldn't be doing that'

OK! Let me see if I've got this straight.
A few Bozo’s display off color behavior in Spain, and Bernie's first reaction is disgust.
Although admittedly he later described it as a "one off". (colloquialism)
Now he is positively reinforcing textbook alcoholic behavior!
It’s proper if being “pisssed” (colloquialism) helps someone be more, let us say entertaining!
Well if it makes a buck for him, who needs a social conscience?

Osella
28th February 2008, 23:26
:laugh:
I don't believe that someone getting more chatty when pissed is exactly 'textbook alcoholism'! There is no way somebody who is an alcoholic could race through a whole season and win the F1 World Championship. Just look at Al Unser Jr's career through this decade if you want to see what real alcoholism does to a driver...

But Kimi's behaviour is hardly that different to Graham Hill, James Hunt and many other drivers. Michael Schumacher often talked about celebrating his championships with Whiskeys, Brandys, Beer and Cigars, but he doesn't exactly live the Rock & Roll lifestyle all season long...

To suggest that these people lacked a social conscience or were reinforcing and promoting smoking and alcoholism is a pretty remarkable jump!!

Tazio
29th February 2008, 00:25
No. Becoming chatty when one has a few drinks is a common ocurrance amoung social drinkers.
I would not catergorize it as "alchoholic behavior"! Having to drink to be comfortable in social situations is, however!
I'm saying I read a little too much into that quotation!
Cheers!

tsarcasm
29th February 2008, 06:38
hehe, i've also noticed recently a nice tat' on Kimi's right wrist, would TagHauer have none of that...

wmcot
29th February 2008, 06:46
hehe, i've also noticed recently a nice tat' on Kimi's right wrist, would TagHauer have none of that...

It covers the scars from the McLaren hand irons! ;)

Garry Walker
29th February 2008, 14:17
Good stuff by Bernie. Good to see not every man these days hasn`t turn into a pansy

Tazio
29th February 2008, 14:36
Good stuff by Bernie. Good to see not every man these days hasn`t turn into a pansy

Bernie=Muy Macho!