PDA

View Full Version : Timing dear boy, Timing

Old Stock Nut
28th February 2008, 15:10
There is a really big report today in the Times about Dario Franchitti and NASCAR. It spreads across two pages and makes about three times as many column inches as does a report on F1!!!! The point of it here is that there is a big head of steam building up following the decision by Sky to do NASCAR for this and next year...... And this in the year when Rockingham have decided to drop V8 from its logical home base. Now that is what I call bad timing.

Perhaps this head of steam can help Duane and the guys who have been struggling for last and this year to get the series into a shape so that they can go back home next year bigger, better and with much more substantial financial backing than has been the case over the past few years.

Maybe large ovals have got a place here after all. Let's hope so.

JovialJooles
28th February 2008, 15:41
Hear hear! :)

JG Fan
28th February 2008, 19:34
Old Stock Nut are you psychic because I have just read the same article and the same thought crossed my mind maybe the Future is STILL Oval.

The Pits!
29th February 2008, 21:48
Old Stock Nut are you psychic because I have just read the same article and the same thought crossed my mind maybe the Future is STILL Oval.
It pains me to say it - but I doubt it :(

Dave17
29th February 2008, 22:08
It pains me to say it - but I doubt it :(

Likewise. Would the new breed of oval fan that Sky's coverage has made be impressed comming to Rockingham expecting to see the same sort of racing only to be graced with the sort of "racing" we saw last season?

A few of seasons ago the answer could have been maybe but not now.