PDA

View Full Version : New Pickem?

KILOHMUNNS
25th February 2008, 12:45
As IRL and Champcar championships have "merged" does this mean we will be getting a replacement Pickem for this year? or will it be one less?

Only asking as I enjoy doing them and more the merrier!!!

Mark
25th February 2008, 12:53
Probably one less. Perhaps even two less if it turns out that the IndyCar schedule is unstable. For the past few years ChampCar has had a habit of chopping and changing dates throughout the year, which plays havoc with the pickems system. I'm not keen to run pickems for a series which doesn't stick to its own calendar.

harvick#1
25th February 2008, 16:08
endurance racing/Lemans should take on of its place,

the only other major form of motorsport not to have a pickem :mad:

bblocker68
25th February 2008, 17:40
C'mon, bring it online!!!!! I'll play, dang it!

jso1985
27th February 2008, 04:37
The series who came 9th in the voting should take it's place! it was A1GP I think

harvick#1
27th February 2008, 07:34
A1GP has already started

jso1985
3rd March 2008, 20:13
I know, but we could use the 2008-2009 season

Mekola
12th March 2008, 12:16
harvick#1 is right and I'm convinced it should be an endurance/LeMans pickem to fill the empty slot left by Champ Cars.
Mainly for the reason that is a different form of motorsport aside from formula, touring cars and rally (both three forms have pickems), and endurance and prototype races have their public here.

BoilerIMS
12th March 2008, 16:36
Gentlemen and ladies, take my word for it as a) a moderator and b) the old GT pickems manager - a Le Mans/GT/whatever sportscar pickems is not going to happen. The entry lists are too volatile and you have the added complication of classes, multiple drivers, and car numbers that change at a moment's notice. When I ran the old GT pickems, it was like a second job just keeping the entry lists accurate, not to mention keeping everyone happy when cars were withdrawn between the pickem posting and race time. Don't ask again.