PDA

View Full Version : WRC TV Covergae in the UK

Ed
14th January 2007, 12:49
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the covergae is going to be like in the UK for Monte?

Last year ITV statrted showing the higlights at a senible time on a sunday then all of a sudden they were showing it at midnight and then at the end of the season it was back on sunday afternoon

Also does anyone know if men & motors will be screening the WRC highlights as well??

Alfa Fan
14th January 2007, 13:58
ITV have dropped WRC. Only place to watch it is Eurosport on Sky.

Ed
14th January 2007, 14:16
have they?? man I missed that!!!

AndyRAC
14th January 2007, 19:38
Oh bo**ocks, thats really great, NOT!!!
What if you haven't got satellite, tough luck I'd imagine. Absolutely disgraceful if it is true. Why isn't there more of an outcry, if it happened to F1 all hell would break loose. Thanks very much DR, for nothing, Britain isn't a very important market then!!!

Simmi
14th January 2007, 19:47
No top British driver was cited as a reason I beleive. DR cant do much about that. He can sort out the gash coverage which isnt worth paying for on the other hand. A start is to get helicopters back for the Monte.

AndyRAC
14th January 2007, 20:14
Why should a top British driver have anything to do with it, it sucks big time. Thats really pi55ed me off. Whats wrong with ITV2,3 or 4, surely there's space there for it, I mean nothing but repeats. I thought the WRC were really keen to keep coverage in Britain. Yet another slap in the face for the WRC in Britain, what next I wonder?

RS
14th January 2007, 21:29
I$C must have been asking for too much, but I don't think they were in much position to negotiate.

Would love to know how they're gonna spin this one.

MJW
14th January 2007, 21:48
I$C must have been asking for too much, but I don't think they were in much position to negotiate.

Would love to know how they're gonna spin this one.
No doubt they will say that TV is old technology and no longer important.The internet and that Apple thingy is the way forward, and in future rallying will become a single stage (superspecial) with streaming video live to an IPOD / IPhone or PDA. It is a far more valueable portal understood by the Playstation generation. TV is for us old guys who want night stages etc.

MJW
14th January 2007, 23:19
Does anyone know if Eurosport are showing WRC this year?

dcr22B
14th January 2007, 23:20
Luckily enough, RTE here in Ireland will be showing highlights on the Tuesday nights after the rally but I'm not sure if you can pick that up on Sky boxes.

dcr22B
14th January 2007, 23:22
Does anyone know if Eurosport are showing WRC this year?

Yes, I've seen the times for their coverage for the Monte on their website.

Simmi
14th January 2007, 23:29
I really thought we were going to lose Eurosport too for a while with the IRC coming along. Without them the majority of the European audience falls apart, a very real danger in future years. The re-building process needs to start now.

cut the b.s.
14th January 2007, 23:57
Hey guys, some of these comments could be taken as negative towards WRC, you best hope Daniel doesnt read them ;-)

RS
15th January 2007, 09:44
I checked on my Sky Box this morning and WRC will still be on ITV, but ITV4 which is only available to Digital TV/Sky/Cable viewers.

I think probably a large proportion of people in the UK do now have these services, but the important thing for the WRC is that ITV4 has a much lower audience than the main channel.

For fans who have ITV4 this is good news, for WRC bad.

AndyRAC
15th January 2007, 10:18
Being selfish I can get ITV4, so I'm alright, but if you don't it's not good news. Shows how important the WRC is in UK, or not!!
I thought the UK was one of the most important markets, maybe not.

J4MIE
15th January 2007, 10:53
Ok guys, so get yourself a £15 freeview box and enjoy it. What's the problem?

Presumably it might be on at better times without having to compete against coronation street etc? :\

RS
15th January 2007, 11:29
Well on the positive side, 6pm is better than after midnight, yes.

Where I am we can't get digital TV through freeview though, so it's Sky or nothing.

Simmi
15th January 2007, 12:42
Being selfish I can get ITV4, so I'm alright, but if you don't it's not good news. Shows how important the WRC is in UK, or not!!
I thought the UK was one of the most important markets, maybe not.

It's got nothing to do with being important to a certain country, the same thing has just happened in Finland. If the UK terrestrial channels dont want to show it then thats up to them. Like Jamie says hopefully it will be on at a constant time slot, but it will be the same crap coverage I'm sure which is something DR can actually do something about. Hopefully this lull in terms of TV will shock them into doing some of the improvements suggested on this forum in the past.

On a lighter note I saw an advert for WRC coverage on Eurosport UK for 10.45pm on thursday. Not sure whether it will be a preview or coverage of the first days stages.