PDA

View Full Version : Forum Name Change

JovialJooles
22nd February 2008, 09:46
With the SCSA/V8 Trophy series changing its name to the VSR V8 Trophy, we're thinking it is about time to change the name of the forum.

This will only be a change in the forum name, all urls will remain the same.

So, we thought it only fair to open up a thread for suggestions. The most popular suggestions will then be put to a vote.

Here are our suggestions:
V8 Trophy Racing - simply a change to reflect the series name change.[/*:m:3wqw6xvk]
US-style racing in the UK - to reflect that we not only talk about the V8s but also the PUTs on this forum.[/*:m:3wqw6xvk]
UK V8s & Pick Ups Forum - as 2[/*:m:3wqw6xvk]We're looking forward to seeing everyone's suggestions :)

Julian & Witty

Tiesse
22nd February 2008, 10:25
My personal preference is number 3. It reflects most of the subjects of discussion here & also allows for any change in the series' name!

racing59
22nd February 2008, 11:00
I prefer 2 because it leaves for expansion, where 1 reflects on the V8's only, and 2 pins it V8's an Pickups. We may not be the V8 Trophy for ever, you never know what sponsor is lurking around the corner, and V8 Trophy, VSR, or whatever, may not gel well with their name - so it may require a change.
Hence, 2 is the best of what you have there.

Perhaps "US Style Stockcar Racing in the UK & Europe" should cover it nicely.
Adding the Stockcar in there defines it as what we do, rather than allowing it to be sooooo broad. Don't forget, our crazy colonial cousins will race anything! Though I can't see why we wouldn't want to discuss the idea of Swamp Buggy Racing, or Monster Truck Racing within the Low Emission Zone/Congestion Charge Zone.....

Rob.

Duane
22nd February 2008, 16:39
my vote would be for "ASCAR" but i guess the next best thing is....

V8 Trophy & Pick up Trucks................ with robs wording under it
"US Style Stockcar Racing in the UK & Europe"

Duane

Gasman#99
22nd February 2008, 20:10
Ascar V8 trophy
" UK stock car racing"

Would we be allowed to use the ascar word, or is it under licence

bravheart
22nd February 2008, 21:31
Shouldnt we be thinking of the Bigger picture? using the name VSR V8 Trophy on the forum might attract more people to this forum in the future, Both Autosport and motorsport news are writting about VSR V8 Trophy and will do for the rest of 2008! should we not be spreading the word and inviting our fellow VSR boys and girls to come and chat?

Its just a thought!

fastbob
22nd February 2008, 21:55

Duane

Yeah.... that one!!

Reynard
22nd February 2008, 22:06
Shouldnt we be thinking of the Bigger picture?

That's exactly why we've started this debate, Dunc! ;)

SteveA
23rd February 2008, 09:40
To me, it'll always be known as forumdisplay.php?f=107 ;)

EarWig
23rd February 2008, 10:31

Duane

If you are going to change the name of this forum I don't see ANY reason for a debate on the name!
Do they call "Nascar" forums "V8 US Racing"?
No, they call them "Nascar"

If the 2008 series is called The VSR V8 Trophy and the marketing and press support us as the The VSR V8 Trophy why should we call the forum something else?

"US Style Stockcar Racing in the UK & Europe" should be the sub heading as put forward by Rob

Ray

fastbob
23rd February 2008, 13:26
[quote="EarWig"]

Ray, when this forum started i believe it was called Rockingham! Then it was changed to reflect the stock cars..... however there has always been an input from Pick Up Trucks... Rockingham was there home too!

I guess the question is.... do the VSR V8 Trophy and PTR want/need to share a forum?

Many of the users on this forum(myself not included) are involved in the PTR series only, so if it's the same forum with a different name then I guess they need to feel represented too!!

Whilst we're at it can we add the Legends?????!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Tractorboy.
23rd February 2008, 16:57
If you are going to change the name of this forum I don't see ANY reason for a debate on the name!
Do they call "Nascar" forums "V8 US Racing"?
No, they call them "Nascar"

If the 2008 series is called The VSR V8 Trophy and the marketing and press support us as the The VSR V8 Trophy why should we call the forum something else?

"US Style Stockcar Racing in the UK & Europe" should be the sub heading as put forward by Rob

Ray

I'm with Ray here, not a bad idea. I vote for VSR V8 Trophy.

Speedworx
23rd February 2008, 17:58
Option 3.

We discuss pick ups too. Not just the V8s.

melonhead
23rd February 2008, 18:43

I'd agree with Duane.

VSR V8 Trophy & Pickup Trucks
US Style Stockcar Racing in the UK & Europe

I think that would do quite nicely.

It dosen't exclude the Pickups (whatever title we choose should still encompass them), and keeps folks up to date with our current name. Also the sub-heading informs of what we are (all) trying to achieve here.

pickup
23rd February 2008, 19:44
Option 3.

We discuss pick ups too. Not just the V8s.

Quite right, option 3 for me to.

roys1
23rd February 2008, 19:54
This one gets my vote.. it does what it says on the tin..

Henry Cutts
23rd February 2008, 20:28

That gets my vote to!

pickup
24th February 2008, 00:26

Sorry didn't realise this was an option, can we call it option 4 and i'll change my mind and vote for this one instead of my previous No 3.
Can i suggest that as people come up with other suggestions they are added to the opening post and numbered so people can read them without going through every entry on the thread to view different peoples ideas and perhaps missing one (as i did....oops).

cgs
24th February 2008, 01:06

i think that one is perfect!

Abo
24th February 2008, 07:51

Do that one!

shuz7
24th February 2008, 09:37
I'm with Ray here, not a bad idea. I vote for VSR V8 Trophy.

I also agree with Ray and Tractor.........

racing59
24th February 2008, 12:31
Can you put a forum poll up for this, and we can put it to bed once and for all.

fastbob
24th February 2008, 19:24
I also agree with Ray and Tractor.........

Can you put a forum poll up for this, and we can put it to bed once and for all.

Hmmm..... fight.... bet Shuz wins!!!!!

JovialJooles
24th February 2008, 20:02

er, no, not yet. :mad:

We're not rushing into renaming the forum; two days is hardly giving people enough time to read the post and make suggestions.

The point of my post was to see if anyone had any other ideas for a forum name. So far, we've had about three...

We will have the post up for at least a week before we decide to open up a poll. That way, people who may be away or do not log on every day have a chance to see the post. Ultimately, the timing of all of this is our decision.

Duane
24th February 2008, 23:28
its called SCSA RACING at the moment, alot of people are saying to me it should just be VSR V8 TROPHY.

The SCSA name had nothing to do with PUTs so why should our forum name be changed to any thing else ???

thats what i have been asked on a number of occasions latley, thankfully its not my decission, please discuss.........

Duane

LessThanSte
25th February 2008, 00:19
Im guessing that there will be a large amount of people who wont even notice, especially as the links dont change!

Abo
25th February 2008, 02:07
The SCSA name had nothing to do with PUTs

In 2006 the trucks all carried SCSA badging.

Mark
25th February 2008, 08:26
Ray, when this forum started i believe it was called Rockingham! Then it was changed to reflect the stock cars..... however there has always been an input from Pick Up Trucks... Rockingham was there home too!

Nope. It was called ASCAR :p

bravheart
25th February 2008, 11:37
its called SCSA RACING at the moment, alot of people are saying to me it should just be VSR V8 TROPHY.

The SCSA name had nothing to do with PUTs so why should our forum name be changed to any thing else ???

thats what i have been asked on a number of occasions latley, thankfully its not my decission, please discuss.........

Duane

I Agree, it should be VSR V8 TROPHY!!! just fo a matter of interest,Has anyone noticed? the V8 Trophy web site has a Pickup section and link, YET the Pickup web site has nothing about the V8 TROPHY on theirs?

pickup
25th February 2008, 12:28
Here we go, i can see this spirraling into v8's versus pickups again.Can we not just stick to choosing a name for the forum even if it dosen't have pickup in the title.

Abo
25th February 2008, 14:06
I Agree, it should be VSR V8 TROPHY!!! just fo a matter of interest,Has anyone noticed? the V8 Trophy web site has a Pickup section and link, YET the Pickup web site has nothing about the V8 TROPHY on theirs?

It's not the 'official' forum of VSR V8 Trophy though...

Here we go, i can see this spirraling into v8's versus pickups again.Can we not just stick to choosing a name for the forum even if it dosen't have pickup in the title.

Indeed

hicksy
25th February 2008, 14:37

I like this one too. This is assuming that the V8's and the pickups have just one forum. Hopefully we can get past the "Them and Us" mentality. Some of us like both series, and I would hate to have to choose a side.

Reynard
25th February 2008, 15:47
Hopefully we can get past the "Them and Us" mentality. Some of us like both series, and I would hate to have to choose a side.

That's precisely the point.

Natasha
25th February 2008, 16:17
I think that the forum should be called 'VSR V8 Trophy & Pickup Trucks'

racing59
25th February 2008, 20:17
OK. Can we call it Bernard then?

briggs'mechanic
26th February 2008, 09:57

Yep like this one!

Nick Brad
26th February 2008, 18:13

That gets my vote to!

Sorry didn't realise this was an option, can we call it option 4 and i'll change my mind and vote for this one instead of my previous No 3.

i think that one is perfect!

Do that one!

I like this one too. This is assuming that the V8's and the pickups have just one forum.

I think that the forum should be called 'VSR V8 Trophy & Pickup Trucks'

Yep like this one!

I add my name to all of the above requesting this.

The Pits!
29th February 2008, 21:46
I'd vote we call it the 'Roundy-Roundy Forum' - but we don't do that anymore do we? :(

scubie
29th February 2008, 22:38

Sounds good to me

roys1
1st March 2008, 09:27
So do we need to continue with this poll as most people have now seen and voted for the suggestion....

please Mr Moderator put this in place now...
It may bring back some of the good feeling to this forum... hopefully with no argueing between V8 supporters and PUT supporters..

Reynard
1st March 2008, 16:40
please Mr Moderator put this in place now...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, last time I looked, the plumbing was very definitely female! :eek:

We *WILL* be putting up a poll shortly, we've just got to dot the odd i and cross the occastional t in the text. It's only fair that it is done this way - this thread was an exercise in nominations and a chance to hold some hustings on behlaf of all the nominations. ;) A chance to look before one jumped, as it were.

Watch this space. ;)

roys1
1st March 2008, 17:08
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, last time I looked, the plumbing was very definitely female!
Well how was I supposed to know. :) .. Am I now banned for life... :mad:

Sorry Your Ladyship...