PDA

View Full Version : Autosport Show

m.lowe
13th January 2007, 21:58
Went to the show today and to charge the price of £26 to get in even if you dont want to go and watch the live action is a rip off.

The show should offer a cheaper ticket price for those not wanting to watch the action arena, but then there was a stall in there selling tickets for a tenner to go and watch so what the foook was going on there if you had to pay the standard price in the first place?

Apart from that the show didnt seem that packed compared to other years and the stands spread out a lot more.

met up with a few forum members including Ciara, Erik West from AAT and Dave "Silver Bullet" who competes in stockhatch rallycross.
Still managed to spend a fair bit though

I was trying to get some pics of the new Donnelly car and these bloody girls kept getting in the way

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8982/donnelly11bj5.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1006/donnelly41ux6.jpg

In the bloody way again
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1825/subarun121ve1.jpg

sal
14th January 2007, 20:45
Have had complimentary tickets for the last 6 or 7 years and am glad that havnt been paying! The WRC displays are usually a joke with replica road cars with blacked out windows and the "historic" hall is a lame attempt to combat the Race Retro show at Stoneleigh which is much better value what with the Group B stage etc. I tend to go to these shows to stock up on memorabilia such as books and it was noticeable that there were only 2 sellers (Horton and Chaters) as opposed to the usual 6 or 7. Ok so Stoneleigh dont have the "promo girls" but I can see far more attractive sights wearing as little in York on a weekend! By the way were where Ford? The first big win for them in living memory and big programmes like the Fiesta ST challenge and no sign...

Simmi
14th January 2007, 22:49
It looks crap to me does the show, like you say a lack of any real modern machinery. Ford have probably got better things to do to prepare for the Monte but you would have thought they would have some presence.

sills
15th January 2007, 14:54
I only paid £23 for the ticket and an extra £7 if I wanted to see the show the show was not included into the basic price so you didnt have to pay for it, And if you were smart enough you could of got tickets for £15 from some places.

m.lowe
16th January 2007, 20:09
when we went on saturday we asked could we get in and pay without live action and we where told no
Robbing *******s

J4MIE
16th January 2007, 20:54
Having been for the past few years didn't miss it at all, in fact spent the weekend at work and probably enjoyed myself more :p :

Audimadgeoff
16th January 2007, 22:54
I went on Friday, spent most of the day in meetings and can't say I missed much - from the photos I've seen it was pretty much 'same as' really!

sills
17th January 2007, 10:48
I went on friday maybe thats why probley charged more over the weekend, it was a good show but at the end of the day when you see one car show you've seen them all......