Coyne - ?
Minardi - 0
Conquest - ?
PCM - 0

So I'm guessing around 20.

db

FormerFF
21st February 2008, 01:14
Curt Cavin gave an estimate of 22 or 23 in his blog: http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpert/

Hoop-98
21st February 2008, 01:37
22 is my guess but an interesting 22 with a better more
diverse field of teams and drivers than we have seen since 2001 CART.

Chris R
21st February 2008, 01:58
My guesstimate:

AGR - 4
Ganassi - 2
Penske - 2
Rahal - 1
Panther - 1
D&R - 1
Vision - 2
Foyt - 1
Roth -1
NHL - 2
PKV - 2
FPR - 1
Walker - 1
Conquest - 2
Coyne - 0
Minardi - 0
PCM - 0

That is 23 cars with occasional extras in places other than Indy. Beats either series fields in the past two seasons....

gofastandwynn
21st February 2008, 02:08
at least 24 - 16 from the IRL, 8 from CC

AGR - 4
Penske -2
Ganassi - 2
Panther - 1
Vision - 2
Rahal - 1
D&R - 1
Foyt - 1
Roth -2
(That is who WILL be at Homestead next week)

NHL - 2
PKV - 1 or 2, and Vasser at Indy
Conquest - 2 according to Eric
Forsythe - 1 or 2
Walker - 1
Minardi - 1 or 2 give the talk from the team
Coyne - 0 or 1
Rocketsports - 0 and thank god for that...

millencolin
21st February 2008, 11:45
i can only speak from the champcar side of things here

NHL -2... maybe 3 (i heard that somewhere, i dunno, maybe i'm just talking out of my arse and i dont know it yet :p : ... Wilson, rahal... Tracy?)
FCR - 2 (thats IF they come over)
Minardi - 1 at least, maybe 2
Walker - 1 (GO WILL POWER)
Conquest - 1 (poor guy just forked out a bucketload for a new panoz)
PKV - 2 (Tags and Servia, 2 drivers with oval experience!)
Coyne - 1 (Junkie at the wheel, has been fast at Indy)

PCM looks like they will be going to ALMS... shame

oh and rocketsports can just go away :p :

Skid Marx
22nd February 2008, 03:23
at least 24 - 16 from the IRL, 8 from CC

AGR - 4
Penske -2
Ganassi - 2
Panther - 1
Vision - 2
Rahal - 1
D&R - 1
Foyt - 1
Roth -2
(That is who WILL be at Homestead next week)

NHL - 2
PKV - 1 or 2, and Vasser at Indy
Conquest - 2 according to Eric
Forsythe - 1 or 2
Walker - 1
Minardi - 1 or 2 give the talk from the team
Coyne - 0 or 1
Rocketsports - 0 and thank god for that...

Hoo Boy, talk about wishful thinking! The day the IRL has 24 cars start any race other than Indy, I'll eat my hat! BTW, it doesn't matter how many cars show up at Spring Training, how many of them will actually show up for all the races?

Here's my prediction:

AGR - 4
Penske -2
Ganassi - 2
Panther - 1
Vision - 1
Rahal - 1
D&R - 1

Foyt, ever the sore loser, has already threatened to quit, so I think he'll make good on that threat, showing up only for Indy.

Marty Roth? Without Tony-fare, which Tony doesn't need to provide him now that he's got the CCWS teams coming over, I don't see Roth putting more than one car on the track, even though he does have Jay Howard under contract. Maybe they'll switch driving duties back & forth between the two? 2 cars from this team would be an Indy-only situation - I'll say one season-long car.

So that's 13 IRL cars. Now for the CCSW entries:

NHL - 2
PKV - 2
Conquest - 2 according to Eric - Only if IRL does Australia.
Walker - 1
Minardi - maybe 1 (Viso), I don't think Doornbos' sponsors will want to spend money to racing in the cornfields of Iowa in the IRL, if there is no European swing
Coyne - 0 or 1; Coyne is doubtful, yet he always manages to surprise at the last minute, so I never like to count him out. Probably an Indy entry, if nothing else.

So that's eight, maybe nine, from CCWS, for a combined series total of 21, maybe 22, cars (the odds of it being the greater are no more than 50/50). BTW, as for Forsythe, I think the rumors of the last-minute pullout by Gerry Forsythe will prove to be true. I don't think he'll want to play in Tony's sandbox. Where that leaves PT, I don't know. He's always been loyal to GF before, but with the rumors earlier this season about GF wanting PT to renegotiate his contract, perhaps PT will decide loyalty only goes so far, and go somewhere else. Oriol's Teammate at PKV, perhaps?

gofastandwynn
22nd February 2008, 03:43
Foyt, ever the sore loser, has already threatened to quit, so I think he'll make good on that threat, showing up only for Indy.

Marty Roth? Without Tony-fare, which Tony doesn't need to provide him now that he's got the CCWS teams coming over, I don't see Roth putting more than one car on the track, even though he does have Jay Howard under contract. Maybe they'll switch driving duties back & forth between the two? 2 cars from this team would be an Indy-only situation - I'll say one season-long car.

Question: How many times have you see CC or IRL LOSE cars between spring practice and the first race?

Well considering Foyt has a contract with ABC supply co. and D. Manning for 2008 so I bet you are wrong there.

And Marty does things with Marty's money (kinda like Forsythe), and considering Marty bought 2 new chassis, and just moved into a new shop that just had their open house http://martyrothracing.com/OpenHouse2008/index.htm, and Jay Howard, who I find more credible than you in this case, says 2 cars full time.

Plus you have Luczo Dragon for a partial tour, and Sarah Fisher announcing a partial tour next week at Homestead, so I want some pictures of you and you hat dinner...

Ironman
22nd February 2008, 06:17
I hear talk that panther and D&R may not attend the open test. Supposedly D&R is still trying to finalize sponsorship and panther has issues getting motors. Walker was looking for parts to get to the test, but since stopped with the announcement that there would be another test for the CC teams. Also new cars will not be delivered for another 10 days-2 wks.

Claus Hansen
22nd February 2008, 09:41
Okay, reading last week Autosport magazine, i was laid out like CC was in mess, whith only 14 cars at Sebring test, but no one was taking about a 16 car grid in the IRL, i cant believe that with a combine series, that we still talking low 20+ cars grids... I rather see 14 cars racing at Toronto, than 20+ cars at Iowa or Nashville... I also think that IRL/CC need LB moore than Montegi !

Hoss Ghoul
23rd February 2008, 02:37
Pacific Coast Motorsports Statement on the Unification of Open-Wheel Racing

February 22, 2008

Tyler Tadevic, Team Director - Pacific Coast Motorsports

“We are thrilled to have a unified series, without a doubt this provides the strongest platform for our partners going forward. It is our intention for Pacific Coast Motorsports to continue its open-wheel endeavors. Our goal is to be on the IRL grid at the GAINSCO Grand Prix in Miami with two IndyCars. We are working diligently on this program and welcome all opportunities. In addition, it is our intention to continue our Atlantic program with our young American stars Frankie Muniz and Carl Skerlong. Vicki O’Connor (Atlantic President) has a long, successful history leading the Atlantic series and we are confident she will find the series a good home. We are grateful to the Champ Car community and to our fans who have shown us great support and we look forward to a brighter future for Open-Wheel Racing in North America.”

That's 1-2 more cars, great news.

Ranger
23rd February 2008, 02:51
I also think that IRL/CC need LB moore than Montegi !

Tell that to Honda and you'll have a combined series without an engine supplier!

Also, there's no N in Motegi.

bblocker68
23rd February 2008, 04:00
Pacific Coast Motorsports Statement on the Unification of Open-Wheel Racing

February 22, 2008

Tyler Tadevic, Team Director - Pacific Coast Motorsports

“We are thrilled to have a unified series, without a doubt this provides the strongest platform for our partners going forward. It is our intention for Pacific Coast Motorsports to continue its open-wheel endeavors. Our goal is to be on the IRL grid at the GAINSCO Grand Prix in Miami with two IndyCars. We are working diligently on this program and welcome all opportunities. In addition, it is our intention to continue our Atlantic program with our young American stars Frankie Muniz and Carl Skerlong. Vicki O’Connor (Atlantic President) has a long, successful history leading the Atlantic series and we are confident she will find the series a good home. We are grateful to the Champ Car community and to our fans who have shown us great support and we look forward to a brighter future for Open-Wheel Racing in North America.”

That's 1-2 more cars, great news.

Excellent news! I thought they were ALMS bound for sure.

gofastandwynn
23rd February 2008, 04:30
Team Australia PR:

CRAIG GORE APPLAUDS OPEN-WHEEL UNIFICATION

Team Australia co-owner and Australian businessman Craig Gore has applauded today's announcement of a unification between the Champ Car World Series and the Indy Racing League in 2008.

While the final details are expected to be released over the next week, including the positioning of the annual Gold Coast Indy 300 in Australia, a brief statement today confirmed an agreement to end the 12-year split.

During the last five weeks there has been plenty of speculation about the 'players' of both sides of the open-wheel fence, including Team Australia, which Gore says will compete in the new unified series.

Gore was on the ground in Indianapolis and was involved in initial meetings involving leaders from both existing series, which eventually led the final unification announcement today.

"There is no doubt that this is a great day in world motorsport history," said Gore.

"The unification has been a long time coming, but now we can all go forward together.

"Kevin Kalkhoven, Gerry Forsythe and Tony George must be congratulated for getting the deal done. A deal that obviously had so many variables attached to it.

"Both sides had their loyal supporters, but at the end of the day we can now all be loyal to the future of open-wheel racing and the fantastic sport that we have all had a great belief in.

"Team Australia will be a part of the new series, but our final make-up and structure will be determined after we see what is on offer from the new controlling body."

Gore has used motorsport successfully in Australia and the US to promote both his WPS Financial Services brand and his Aussie Vineyards Au brands and believes that the unification will offer some great opportunities for Australian companies looking to expand internationally.

"This offers some tremendous opportunities for the Gold Coast's race in October, for Team Australia and for Australian drivers and sponsors," said Gore.

"We have all endured some tough times, but that will only make us stronger as we all head into this new era of open-wheel racing."

Gore said there were so many exciting elements to the new deal.

"Not only will we get to see a couple of young Australians the calibre of Will Power and Ryan Briscoe going head to head on the streets of Surfers Paradise, we also get the chance to win the Indy 500," said Gore.

"I don't know about you, but that’s going to be pretty cool."

Team Australia driver, Will Power, was excited about the future after today's announcement.

"It's great that we've all got together for the future," said Power.

"This will give the sport a big boost and allow it to grow in many areas.

"Having one series will put all the best open-wheel drivers in the United States in one series and it's going to be a really tough and exciting field.

"The unified schedule will include more road and street courses than the IndyCar teams have been used to over the past few seasons and obviously for the Champ Car teams, we will have a lot to learn.

"But this is clearly the best outcome and I think as drivers, we are all excited about finally all going head-to-head.

"I have only raced one oval event in the past. That was at the Milwaukee Mile and I really, really enjoyed the challenge, I qualified very well and I am looking forward to getting back to the challenge of ovals.

"The bigger ovals will be something new for me and a lot of others on the Champ Car side of things, but we are all up for the challenges involved in this decision.

"The Champ Car teams will be behind the eight-ball to begin with as we will all be using a car that is new to us and the IndyCar guys will have several years experience and development on the car.

"But as we saw in Champ Car in 2007, when a new car comes onboard you get a very level playing field so the future will be very good indeed and I am looking forward to being a part of it.

"My home race on the Gold Coast is one of the best motorsport events in the world already, so it's hard to think how it can get any better. But this unification will make the race at Surfers even better and more exciting with a bigger and more competitive field hitting that amazing street circuit. And one thing remains the same - I've got to win that race.

"I can't wait to get to the Indianapolis 500 as well. I've been a bit jealous of my Aussie mate Ryan Briscoe over the past few seasons, watching him run the Indy 500. I live in Indianapolis during the season and the month of May in Indiana is something very special and I can’t wait to be a part of it."

Claus Hansen
23rd February 2008, 07:53
Malllen - ups about the N... Thanks for spelling leason !!!!

BenRoethig
23rd February 2008, 11:38
...it is our intention to continue our Atlantic program with our young American stars Frankie Muniz...

Uh,please tell me that isn't who I think it is.

ShiftingGears
23rd February 2008, 11:44
Uh,please tell me that isn't who I think it is.

It is. He has done FBMW before, but he wasn't exceptional.

Pat Wiatrowski
23rd February 2008, 19:47
Who cares how many cars the .irl has! Crap Series.

EagleEye
23rd February 2008, 20:00
AGR - 4
Ganassi - 2
Penske - 2
Rahal - 1
Panther - 1
D&R - 1
Vision - 1 or 2
Foyt - 1
Roth -1 or 2
NHL - 2
PKV - 2
FPR - 1 or 2
Walker - 1
Conquest - 2
Coyne - 1
PCM - 1 or 2

Breeze
23rd February 2008, 20:43
PCM most likely zero cars. With only one car from the questionable teams and 2 from Forsythe it comes to 24 cars. That's a great start. :up:

And if they all look like this in a couple of years, with screaming engines, well hell yes!!

Cart750hp
23rd February 2008, 20:55
PCM most likely zero cars. With only one car from the questionable teams and 2 from Forsythe it comes to 24 cars. That's a great start. :up:

Forsythe isn't confirmed yet but no doubt he'll put at least 1 car on the grid. But for PCM, they have confirmed they will be joining IRL. Probably going for two cars.

And if they all look like this in a couple of years, with screaming engines, well hell yes!!

No doubt about it.

Cart750hp
23rd February 2008, 21:24
Andretti Green:
1-Marco Andretti
2-Danica Patrick
3-Tony Kanaan
4-Hideki Mutoh

Ganassi:
5-Alex Lloyd
6-Scott Dixon/Wheldon?

Penske:
7-Helio Castroneves
8-Ryan Briscoe

Rahal-Letterman:
9-Ryan Hunter-Reay

Newman-Haas:
10-Graham Rahal
11-Justin Wilson
12-Vitor Meira?

Forsythe:
13-Paul Tracy
14-David Martinez

Walker:
15-Will Power

PKV:
16-Oriol Servia
17-Alex Tagliani?

PCM:
18-Alex Figge
19-Mario Dominguez?

Vision:
20-Ed Carpenter
21-AJ Foyt IV

Dreyer & Reinbold:
22-Buddy Rice
23-Sarah Fisher

Roth:
24-Jay Howard
25-Marty Roth

Luczo Dragon:
26-Tomas Scheckter

AJ Foyt:
27-Darren Manning

Dale Coyne:
28-Bruno Junqeira

How's this list so far? Let's see some racing.

Breeze
23rd February 2008, 21:54
That's quite a list of names. If I were an aspiring driver I'd sure want to go up against that list to show my stuff.

Also, good to hear PCM is throwing in their team. Last I heard they were heading back to IMSA (sic). ;)

Madmonk
24th February 2008, 21:52
23 Full Time Entries:

Andretti Green (4) - Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti, Danica Patrick, Hideki Mutoh
Penske (2) - Helio Castroneves & Ryan Briscoe
Ganassi (2) - Scott Dixon & Dan Wheldon
Rahal Letterman (1) - Ryan Hunter-Reay
Panther (1) - Vitor Meira
Foyt (1) - Darren Manning
Roth (1) - Jay Howard

Newman Haas Lanigan (2) - Justin Wilson & Graham Rahal
Forsythe (2) - Paul Tracy & Franck Montagny
PKV (2) - Oriol Servia & Alex Tagliani
Conquest (1) - Franck Perera / Simon Pagenaud
Walker (1) - Will Power
Minardi (1) - Robert Doornbos / Ernesto Viso
Coyne (1) - Bruno Junqueira
PCM (1) - Alex Figge / Ryan Dalziel / David Martinez

12 Part Time or Indy 500 Entries:
Andretti Green (1) - Michael Andretti
Luczo Dragon (1) - Tomas Scheckter
Ganassi (2) - Dario Franchitti & Alex Lloyd
Panther (1) - Alex Barron / Scott Sharp / Townsend Bell
PKV (1) - Jimmy Vasser
Dreyer & Reinbold (2) - Buddy Rice &/or Sarah Fisher
Roth (1) - Marty Roth
Foyt (1) - A.J. Foyt IV
Rocketsports (1) - Enrique Bernoldi
Sam Schmidt (1) - Thiago Medeiros / Jay Howard / Alex Lloyd

Rumor Round Up:
> All the George funded rides are gone. (Including Vision).
> Vision is prepping all 10 cars for release to the former Champ Car Teams.
> Some old Panoz/G-Force Cars might emerge from Penske and Ganassi garages.
> Conquest, Walker, Minardi and PCM might employ ringers on the ovals. (A.J. Foyt IV, Ed Carpenter, Alex Barron, Townsend Bell, Kosuke Matsuura).
> Foyt Racing might skip the road courses.
> Sarah Fisher is a part time driver on ovals. Buddy Rice might do the road courses, but both will be at the 500.
> Luczo Dragon is a part time effort in with Jay Penske at the helm. Rumor has it, it's a chance for Jay to earn his stripes before he replaces Roger Penske in a couple of years.
> Alex Lloyd is a glorified test and reserve driver for Ganassi, but he'll probably get to drive in a few races leading up to and including the 500. Dario is also a possibility for the 500, but Montoya is probably not.
> If Coyne fails to launch, Bruno Junqueira might be in a car for Newman Haas Lanigan at the 500.
> Mi. Andretti for the 500 is pure wishful thinking on my part.

Ideally, they work Scott Speed, A.J. Allmendinger and Sam Hornish Jr. into the lineup.

gofastandwynn
24th February 2008, 22:12
23 Full Time Entries:

Andretti Green (4) - Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti, Danica Patrick, Hideki Mutoh
Penske (2) - Helio Castroneves & Ryan Briscoe
Ganassi (2) - Scott Dixon & Dan Wheldon
Rahal Letterman (1) - Ryan Hunter-Reay
Panther (1) - Vitor Meira
Foyt (1) - Darren Manning
Roth (1) - Jay Howard

Newman Haas Lanigan (2) - Justin Wilson & Graham Rahal
Forsythe (2) - Paul Tracy & Franck Montagny
PKV (2) - Oriol Servia & Alex Tagliani
Conquest (1) - Franck Perera / Simon Pagenaud
Walker (1) - Will Power
Minardi (1) - Robert Doornbos / Ernesto Viso
Coyne (1) - Bruno Junqueira
PCM (1) - Alex Figge / Ryan Dalziel / David Martinez

12 Part Time or Indy 500 Entries:
Andretti Green (1) - Michael Andretti
Luczo Dragon (1) - Tomas Scheckter
Ganassi (2) - Dario Franchitti & Alex Lloyd
Panther (1) - Alex Barron / Scott Sharp / Townsend Bell
PKV (1) - Jimmy Vasser
Dreyer & Reinbold (2) - Buddy Rice &/or Sarah Fisher
Roth (1) - Marty Roth
Foyt (1) - A.J. Foyt IV
Rocketsports (1) - Enrique Bernoldi
Sam Schmidt (1) - Thiago Medeiros / Jay Howard / Alex Lloyd

Rumor Round Up:
> All the George funded rides are gone. (Including Vision).
> Vision is prepping all 10 cars for release to the former Champ Car Teams.
> Some old Panoz/G-Force Cars might emerge from Penske and Ganassi garages.
> Conquest, Walker, Minardi and PCM might employ ringers on the ovals. (A.J. Foyt IV, Ed Carpenter, Alex Barron, Townsend Bell, Kosuke Matsuura).
> Foyt Racing might skip the road courses.
> Sarah Fisher is a part time driver on ovals. Buddy Rice might do the road courses, but both will be at the 500.
> Luczo Dragon is a part time effort in with Jay Penske at the helm. Rumor has it, it's a chance for Jay to earn his stripes before he replaces Roger Penske in a couple of years.
> Alex Lloyd is a glorified test and reserve driver for Ganassi, but he'll probably get to drive in a few races leading up to and including the 500. Dario is also a possibility for the 500, but Montoya is probably not.
> If Coyne fails to launch, Bruno Junqueira might be in a car for Newman Haas Lanigan at the 500.
> Mi. Andretti for the 500 is pure wishful thinking on my part.

Ideally, they work Scott Speed, A.J. Allmendinger and Sam Hornish Jr. into the lineup.

Final time - 16 cars full time from the IRL
AGR - 4
Penske -2
Ganassi - 2
Panther - 1
Vision - 2
Rahal - 1
D&R - 1
Foyt - 1
Roth - 2

As for you rumors
1.Vision is running 2 cars full time for Ed Carpenter and TBA
2.See 1
3.The Panoz/G-Force is only legal for the Indy 500 starting this years because of the new mandated safety kit dosen't fit on the Panoz.
4.Can't say what the CC teams will do, but it makes sense if there is funding
5. Foyt is full time, and considering Manning's best results were on the RC, that is a good thing.
6.B. Rice is set for full time at D&R. S. Fisher is forming a part time team she will announce at Homestead

Ironman
25th February 2008, 15:49
Milka confirmed at D&R.

http://www.racetechmag.com/news/newsstorycrash.asp?id=160041&menu=3

slashman
25th February 2008, 16:45
Okay, reading last week Autosport magazine, i was laid out like CC was in mess, whith only 14 cars at Sebring test, but no one was taking about a 16 car grid in the IRL, i cant believe that with a combine series, that we still talking low 20+ cars grids... I rather see 14 cars racing at Toronto, than 20+ cars at Iowa or Nashville... I also think that IRL/CC need LB moore than Montegi !

That's because the IRL was in bad shape just like CC was.. Everbody thinks CC needed to sellout? But I think this Merger was the IRL in dire need of cars...Mmmmm

garyshell
25th February 2008, 16:53
That's because the IRL was in bad shape just like CC was.. Everbody thinks CC needed to sellout? But I think this Merger was the IRL in dire need of cars...Mmmmm

More likely BOTH series in dire need of cars.

Gary

Alfa Fan
25th February 2008, 17:16
Love how someone has Manning down for ovals only where its road courses he excels at.......

bblocker68
25th February 2008, 17:44
Great layout Madmonk, TY!

Good to see Franck Montagny still on the Forsythe list.

How long before Matos will take Mutoh's spot at AGR????? I bet he could run circles around him (literally!!).

bblocker68
25th February 2008, 17:45
Love how someone has Manning down for ovals only where its road courses he excels at.......

I'm sure that's more up to the boss than the driver.

Ironman
25th February 2008, 20:51
Open test car count is 15 from the IndyCar list. No D&R, 2nd Vision car for AJ IV and both Roth cars.

hondacom
26th February 2008, 00:00
I hear Al Junior talking to Penske about a ride !!!!!!

nigelred5
26th February 2008, 14:43
I hear Al Junior talking to Penske about a ride !!!!!!

ah jeeezzusss, will Al please let go......, please. We get it. We know what Indy means.

BoilerIMS
26th February 2008, 15:39
ah jeeezzusss, will Al please let go......, please. We get it. We know what Indy means.

I agree... While it is important that a series not "forget its past," how long do we keep the past when it is not competitive? Little Al is way past his prime, should gracefully retire, and become an active part of the spectacle of Indy - just not drive.

garyshell
26th February 2008, 15:54
I agree... While it is important that a series not "forget its past," how long do we keep the past when it is not competitive? Little Al is way past his prime, should gracefully retire, and become an active part of the spectacle of Indy - just not drive.

Speaking of the Unser tribe, what became of mini-Al aka "just Al"??? I know Shelley was trying to steer hi toward road racing, but his name has not surfaced for a while.

Gary

bblocker68
26th February 2008, 17:25

That tab at the nudie bar must be adding up quick!! :)

nigelred5
26th February 2008, 17:43
Just Al was just as fast as good ol dad has been at facing reality these days. That family has had quit a few curves in the road ofer the past few years. Shame.

anthonyvop
26th February 2008, 19:36
oh and rocketsports can just go away :p :
Whichever series Paul G. Takes his Rocketsports team will become my new favorite series.

garyshell
26th February 2008, 21:14
Whichever series Paul G. Takes his Rocketsports team will become my new favorite series.

Oh please you have to be kidding, right? If even a small portion of the stories being told here about Paulie are true, how could you say this?

His handling of TransAm, with the rules changes that pretty much guaranteed him wins. To his insane claim to Mark Donohue's record legacy. To the money he still owes Tags. Yep, he certainly is a guy to blindly follow, wherever he may go.

And I thought sfmreport.com had a little more credibility than that. <sigh>

Gary

nigelred5
26th February 2008, 23:06
I would think you would want PG to run in the IRL. After all, every series he has run in has turned to $#!T ! :dead:

Ruben Barrios
27th February 2008, 00:53
"Whichever series Paul G. Takes his Rocketsports team will become my new favorite series."

"Despite a unified series being the only sustainable successful financial model for top-tier single-seater racing in this continent (and even then it’s going to require a lot of hard work, investment and smart thinking), there are still those who preferred the old ways, holding out their begging bowls, holding the rich men to ransom – “For the sake of car-count, Jerry/Tony/Kevin [delete as applicable], your series needs me. Give me X million and we’ll continue.”

These leeches are malevolent and have caused delays already. If, as some have suggested is the sensible option, the merger was delayed until 2009, it would only give these suckers time to drain yet more money away from the real series owners, while simultaneously trying to con new investors into thinking that Champ Car or IndyCar is financially viable as standalones.
"

Here's the full story...http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/malsher-starting-over

gofastandwynn
27th February 2008, 17:17
Open test car count is 15 from the IndyCar list. No D&R, 2nd Vision car for AJ IV and both Roth cars.

Have confirmed that both D&R cars are at the test, with Rice and (sigh...) Milka there as well.

Also N&H has one dallara in their shop so far.

ChicagocrewIRL
28th February 2008, 10:33
From Curt Cavin ...
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080228/SPORTS0107/802280504/1052/SPORTS01
Feb 28, 2008

Looks like Ganassi is farming out Lloyd to Vision Racing. So that's 3 cars for Vision.

Part timers Scheckter(Dragon Luczo), Yasukawa(Beck), and Max Papis(Rubicon) will run selected events.

And Townsend Bell will be a part timer for Dreyer Rheinbold.

Is it just me, or is the prospect of 30 car fields giving anyone else a big woody ?

ChicagocrewIRL
28th February 2008, 10:41
I couldn't find the link for this article but it was posted on the IndyStar.com message boards and was pretty exciting......

After merger, IRL is crammed with competitors

By Curt Cavin
[email:1q06f41p]curt.cavin@indystar.com[/email:1q06f41p]

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- The Indy Racing League might have a new problem on its hands: too many competitors.

The first look at unified open-wheel racing came today in a news conference at Homestead-Miami Speedway featuring IRL founder Tony George and Champ Car World Series co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven. Also on hand were team owners and potential team owners from both sides of the sport -- making for a crowded room.

In fact, if every possible team participates this season, the IRL could be looking at 37 cars.

“I just realized that myself,” said Brian Barnhart, president of the IRL’s competition division. “I think I’d be more comfortable with something more along the lines of 28 to 30.”

The two series officially unified last Friday after 12 years as rivals. All future events will be sanctioned by the IRL under the banner of IndyCar Series.

The IRL has 15 car-and-driver combinations for tonight’s test at Homestead, and that does not include either of the cars from Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, which this week confirmed Milka Duno as a driver. Buddy Rice is expected to return as well, although he has not been confirmed.

Add Alex Lloyd as a possible third driver at Vision Racing plus a few part-time participants, including Sarah Fisher, Tomas Scheckter and Roger Yasukawa, and the IRL could have fielded 21 cars without Champ Car.

The IRL already has strong indications that at least nine Champ Car entries will come for the March 29 season-opening race at Homestead. They include two cars each from Conquest Racing, Dale Coyne Racing, Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing and KV Racing (a renaming of PKV), plus a single-car entry from Walker Racing.

But Derrick Walker said he is planning to have two cars in the IRL, and the owners of Minardi Team USA were present at the news conference with the hope of fielding one car as it did in Champ Car.

Forsythe Pettit Racing, which fielded two top-tier cars in Champ Car, also is expected to participate and two additional teams -- Rocketsports and Pacific Coast -- attended Monday’s orientation meeting at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

While George is committing engines and cars to Champ Car teams that make the transition, those teams must commit to a full season of competition. If they accept his offer but quit early, they will be required to pay the engine lease of approximately $1 million and return the cars, Barnhart said.

Among the other key points confirmed in today’s news conference:

-- Champ Car’s April 20 race in Long Beach, Calif., will be held as planned, operated as a Champ Car-sanctioned event. The IRL will sanction the April 19 race in Motegi, Japan. Participants in both races will receive IRL points and prize money.

-- The IRL is making plans to add two Champ Car races to its 2008 schedule: Edmonton, Alberta, and Surfers Paradise, Australia. Additional details are not yet available, George said.

-- All IRL and Champ Car races will be considered for the 2009 schedule, plus some races not currently on either schedule.

-- The IRL has purchased non-tangible assets from Champ Car such as intellectual property and historical records, plus the purchase of Champ Car’s medical transporter.

“I'm thrilled we now have a unified open wheel racing series that will feature great drivers, a diversity of world-class venues and numerous top-notch teams,” Kalkhoven said. “I applaud Tony George for his commitment to the sport, and join him in now focusing solely on the future of open wheel racing in North America.”

downtowndeco
28th February 2008, 12:51
"In fact, if every possible team participates this season, the IRL could be looking at 37 cars."

You know what kind of makes me mad? The "fans" that have been poo pooing the idea of a merger for years because "CCWS folding won't help the IRL or AOWR at all" & "The most the IRL could gain would be 4 or 5 cars".

The future is looking bright. While I don't expect giant gains in attendance or ratings immediately, I think now at least the numbers will start heading in the right direction.

nigelred5
28th February 2008, 12:59
Damn would I love to see fields like that on a regular basis again! That's been a long long time.

V12
28th February 2008, 13:46
The pessimist in me tells me that all those 30-odd entries probably won't materialize, at least on a regular basis (I do miss the fun of one-off entries though).

If they do - I would hope they resort to race-by-race qualifying with DNQs though, rather than silly F1-style entry caps.

garyshell
28th February 2008, 14:26
"In fact, if every possible team participates this season, the IRL could be looking at 37 cars."

You know what kind of makes me mad? The "fans" that have been poo pooing the idea of a merger for years because "CCWS folding won't help the IRL or AOWR at all" & "The most the IRL could gain would be 4 or 5 cars".

The future is looking bright. While I don't expect giant gains in attendance or ratings immediately, I think now at least the numbers will start heading in the right direction.

Yeah, that 4-5 car number was always an anticipatory sour grapes comment.

Why don't you expect an attendance and ratings bump? I do. Not a huge one, mind you, but a measurable one nonetheless. It almost sounds as if you think that most of the ChampCar fans were like those on the CCF forum. I think they were a small (in more than one meaning of the word) but vocal minority, and do NOT represent the feelings of most of us who considered ourselves fans.

I think if you were to look at the ratings on any day where the two series ran head to head and combined the numbers you'd get the rating we should expect this year. (I don't have schedules or numbers in front of me, so I am not CERTAIN that they ran head to head last year, but I do THINK I remember that occurring.)

Gary

downtowndeco
28th February 2008, 15:07
Yeah, that 4-5 car number was always an anticipatory sour grapes comment.

Why don't you expect an attendance and ratings bump? I do. Not a huge one, mind you, but a measurable one nonetheless. It almost sounds as if you think that most of the ChampCar fans were like those on the CCF forum. I think they were a small (in more than one meaning of the word) but vocal minority, and do NOT represent the feelings of most of us who considered ourselves fans.

I think if you were to look at the ratings on any day where the two series ran head to head and combined the numbers you'd get the rating we should expect this year. (I don't have schedules or numbers in front of me, so I am not CERTAIN that they ran head to head last year, but I do THINK I remember that occurring.)

Gary

Gary. I do expect gains, for sure, just not giant ones immediately. I'd say at least 10 to 15% straight across the board though. I'm very excited about what lies ahead.

garyshell
28th February 2008, 16:07
Gary. I do expect gains, for sure, just not giant ones immediately. I'd say at least 10 to 15% straight across the board though. I'm very excited about what lies ahead.

I wish I had a clue as to how much "crossover" watching was going on last year. That's why I was curious about numbers on coincidental tv coverage of the two series. Anyone have those numbers??? I would think if you were to combine the numbers for any such occurrence we should expect to see about 80-90% of those figures for any given road/street race. Pretty much any one who watched those races will watch the new series. Now for ovals, I have no clue as to how many of the ChampCar viewers will cross over. Time will tell on those. If the crossover viewing was substantial I think your numbers will hold up. If it was not (and I don't think it was, but that admittedly is a gut feel), then I think the bump will be considerably higher, more like 30-40%.

Gary

bblocker68
28th February 2008, 18:20
Do you guys think that the races being televised in HiDef will giove the ratings a small bump?? With all of the merger talk, I totally forgot about it until this morning.

I GET TO WATCH THE CHROME HORN GO TO WORK IN HI DEFINITION, WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like I've been saying "WOOOOO" allot in the last couple of days :)

bblocker68
28th February 2008, 21:18
Well, I now hope I get to see the Chrome Horn in high definition. Un-woo......

gofastandwynn
28th February 2008, 21:43
Well, I now hope I get to see the Chrome Horn in high definition. Un-woo......

$10 says PT to Vision Racing.

Skid Marx
29th February 2008, 02:36
And Marty does things with Marty's money (kinda like Forsythe), and considering Marty bought 2 new chassis, and just moved into a new shop that just had their open house http://martyrothracing.com/OpenHouse2008/index.htm, and Jay Howard, who I find more credible than you in this case, says 2 cars full time.

So does this mean Marty Roth WON'T be showing up either? Oh, BTW, since you questioned my credibility, look back on this thread to where I predicted back on 2/21 exactly what would happen with Forsythe. I count at least seven other posters on this thread who all predicted one or two entries from Forsythe. No hat dinner anytime soon, thanks...

FormerFF
29th February 2008, 02:41
The pessimist in me tells me that all those 30-odd entries probably won't materialize, at least on a regular basis (I do miss the fun of one-off entries though).

If they do - I would hope they resort to race-by-race qualifying with DNQs though, rather than silly F1-style entry caps.

Whenever there's a major change like this, there's always a lot of optimism among the smaller teams - at first. Then reality sets in. The Indycar series already had three very strong teams that run 8 cars, Add NHL, now you have 10 very strong cars, so the second rank teams will have to fight to get into the top 10. So now they have to come up with a strong effort just to make it to midpack, and some of them will realize they just don't have the funding and talent to make a go of it.

Curt Cavin expected 6 to 10 additional cars. I think that's a good guess.

bravefish
29th February 2008, 20:34
Who cares how many cars the .irl has! Crap Series.

Thanks for the excellent input Pat

You are living proof of why some people just shouldnt breed

Now scurry away quickly

gofastandwynn
1st March 2008, 18:23
Looks like AJ Foyt is adding a 2nd car as well for Pablo Donoso

http://pablodonoso.com/

He drove for Foyt's Silver Crown team last year and has run FM & WSR. He took his rookie test yesterday and will be running with Jay Howard today at Homestead.

gofastandwynn
1st March 2008, 18:29
So does this mean Marty Roth WON'T be showing up either? Oh, BTW, since you questioned my credibility, look back on this thread to where I predicted back on 2/21 exactly what would happen with Forsythe. I count at least seven other posters on this thread who all predicted one or two entries from Forsythe. No hat dinner anytime soon, thanks...

You also said that Foyt was out and that Roth wouldn't show up, so if you can feel good in going 1 for 3 the good for you, fine.

PS, I hear that some nutmeg, oregano & seasoned salt can make that hat taste great...

Skid Marx
8th March 2008, 07:09
Only rumored so far, but let's see:

Rice's ride in jeopardy (lack of sponsorship) - that's down to 1 full-time car for D & R, as Duno and Bell are splitting driving duties;

Alex Figge may not drive in IRL, ovals too dangerous and he prefers road racing - make that 1 car for PCM;

Will Power switching teams, Walker likely will lose his Aussie Vineyards sponsorship - makes the entire Walker effort doubtful;

Will Power's switch to PKV, if true, will NOT add to that team's car count, as it will likely mean Tags is out of a ride;

Who will be the next domino to fall?

--- hat securely on head, likely to stay there.

trinksuk
8th March 2008, 14:21
Full season cars

AGR - 4
Ganassi - 2
Penske - 2
Vision - 2
D&R - 2
Roth - 2
Foyt - 2
Rahal - 1
Panther - 1
Walker - 2
KV Tech - 2
Coyne - 2
Conq - 1 (maybe 2 in the future)
NHLR - 2
Pacific Coast - not signed, maybe 1
Minardi - not signed, maybe 1

total - 27 confirmed, plus a couple waiting in the wings

plus Beck, Luczo Dragon, SF Racing, 3rd Vision(?) at some races and the normal Indy extras

looks pretty good to me....... :)

Jag_Warrior
8th March 2008, 16:09

Rice's ride in jeopardy (lack of sponsorship) - that's down to 1 full-time car for D & R, as Duno and Bell are splitting driving duties;

Alex Figge may not drive in IRL, ovals too dangerous and he prefers road racing - make that 1 car for PCM;

Will Power switching teams, Walker likely will lose his Aussie Vineyards sponsorship - makes the entire Walker effort doubtful;

Will Power's switch to PKV, if true, will NOT add to that team's car count, as it will likely mean Tags is out of a ride;

I'd say that your hat is pretty safe, Skid.

The financial markets trade on the principle of "rational expectations". For years, AOWR fans have relied on the principle of "irrational expectations". Take two struggling series, which were going to have to subsidize marginal teams in order to get a combined 30 cars on their grids, combine them... and what do you get? Well, 37 cars, of course. :crazy:

I also wonder how a team can have two "confirmed" cars for the full season, when one of their drivers is only set for a partial season, or one is named "TBA"? While other "confirmed" teams haven't assembled their programs or reportedly signed contracts with the IRL yet. Must be that new math.

IMO, AOWR now has a (single) base to build upon, which has the potential to provide enough stability that rebuilding can start. But it remains to be seen what sort of construction will take place on that base. Hopefully things will slowly get better, so that people don't have to rely on fantasies and unrealistic expectations to start each and every AOWR season.

Breeze
8th March 2008, 16:51
Here's my eat my hat prediction. Max 24 cars start the first race, more likely only 20-22 though. By mid season 24-25 running full time. 2009 season kicks off with 26 cars based on a successful 2008 season, a great schedule and renewed sponsorship interest.

Skid Marx
8th March 2008, 19:35
Breeze, re your tagline:

I don't know about acid, but change that to coke, and I'd say no. Here's why: Tony George thinks of himself as God, or at least the messiah of OWR, and coke-boy has seen the continued disappearance of people from his races!

CCWS77
8th March 2008, 21:29
Do you guys think that the races being televised in HiDef will giove the ratings a small bump?? With all of the merger talk, I totally forgot about it until this morning.

I GET TO WATCH THE CHROME HORN GO TO WORK IN HI DEFINITION, WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like I've been saying "WOOOOO" allot in the last couple of days :)

I think it being broadcast in high def is a bigger factor then this merger. That is a tangible thing that effects the enjoyment by random people watching at home. All the highly theoretical potential improvements to the IRL by buying out CC - not so much.

bblocker68
9th March 2008, 02:46
I think it being broadcast in high def is a bigger factor then this merger. That is a tangible thing that effects the enjoyment by random people watching at home. All the highly theoretical potential improvements to the IRL by buying out CC - not so much.

I agree with the HiDef angle. I'll watch just about anything on Discovery Channel , ESPNHD or any other HD channel since I bought my HDTV in 2002.

CGormally
9th March 2008, 04:56
This is what some people are thinking:
AGR 4
Penske 2
Ganassi 2
D&R 2
NHL 2
KV 2
Vision 2
Roth 2
Conquest 2
Panther 1
Foyt 1
RLR 1
PCM 1
Walker 1
Dale Coyne 1
Minardi USA 1

If my (slightly dodgy) maths is correct, that should leave a field of 27 cars.

However, this could easily change:
Rahal Letterman Racing is still trying to sue Scott Sharp and if successful, a 2nd car may be run later in the season.
Derrick Walker will start the season with 1 car, but if all goes well it could be expanded to a 2-car effort later on in the season.
AJ Foyt may run a 2nd car for Pablo Donoso but nothing has yet been confirmed.

Jag_Warrior
9th March 2008, 22:21
WALKER RACING WITHDRAWS INDYCAR PROGRAM

Indianapolis, IN (March 9, 2008) - Reluctantly, Walker Racing has been forced to withdraw its attempt to join the IndyCar Series for 2008. The racing partnership of "Team Australia" and the association with Australian businessman Craig Gore, drivers Will Power and Simon Pagenaud, has also come to an end.

Notwithstanding a commitment for 2008, it came down to the lack of funding. A lengthy search for new sponsorship partners drew a blank, so Walker Racing had to close the program officially on Friday.

“It's a great pity that the team has had to abandon our IndyCar program. So much work by so many has gone into the Team Australia program over the last three and a half years, but now it will remain unfinished business for us. I wish my co-partner well with his new venture and so to Will and Simon and all the employees, associates and fans who have given me the opportunity. Many thanks,” said Walker Racing Owner, Derrick Walker.

_____

Skid Marx
10th March 2008, 03:27

Well, I guess we know the answer to that now! I called it; what other predictions of the future would you like?

RJL25
10th March 2008, 12:09
Apparently KV Racing is in line to secure Will Power AND the Team Australia sponsorship package to run him under. Now that surfers is assured through till 2013, Craig Gore who runs the Team Australia program is now keen to continue in the series.

Also i read that Paul Tracy's personal sponsor Monster Engery Drinks is willing to put up $3 Million to run Paul in Indycars with AGR interested.. also Tony George is keen to see Tracy in the new series as he sees Paul Tracy as a good marketing tool to help bring the champcar fans over to the new series, so TG might help make things happen for Tracy... i don't think we have seen the last of him yet!

Personally i'd be happy with 20 cars to begin with, you can't have the world straight away, with the series now back on a strong footing the grids will grow

jwhite9185
10th March 2008, 12:17
With the Forsythe and now Walker racing announcement, it really wouldnt surprise me to see Minardi go the same way. Its been very quiet from them all along.

Chris R
10th March 2008, 14:10
Here's my eat my hat prediction. Max 24 cars start the first race, more likely only 20-22 though. By mid season 24-25 running full time. 2009 season kicks off with 26 cars based on a successful 2008 season, a great schedule and renewed sponsorship interest.

I think your hat may be safe.... seems realistic (and still better than either series was about to muster on its own)...

I do not think it is going to be easier to get sponsors until there is some sign of positive progress in the media exposure department and/or until he economy gets better...

nanders
10th March 2008, 14:56
I'd really like to know what CCWS teams have actually received Indy Cars and how many.

I think your hat may be safe.... seems realistic (and still better than either series was about to muster on its own)...

I do not think it is going to be easier to get sponsors until there is some sign of positive progress in the media exposure department and/or until he economy gets better...

It will take until the sponsors budgets get directed near the end of this season to know if IndyCar will recover in that regard. I'll be excited if they can get a title sponsor.

bblocker68
10th March 2008, 15:39
Apparently KV Racing is in line to secure Will Power AND the Team Australia sponsorship package to run him under. Now that surfers is assured through till 2013, Craig Gore who runs the Team Australia program is now keen to continue in the series.

Also i read that Paul Tracy's personal sponsor Monster Engery Drinks is willing to put up $3 Million to run Paul in Indycars with AGR interested.. also Tony George is keen to see Tracy in the new series as he sees Paul Tracy as a good marketing tool to help bring the champcar fans over to the new series, so TG might help make things happen for Tracy... i don't think we have seen the last of him yet!

Personally i'd be happy with 20 cars to begin with, you can't have the world straight away, with the series now back on a strong footing the grids will grow

Really? I like the way that sounds, even if it's with AGR. PT would have a lot of data to get him started, that's for sure.

Can you keep us updated if this gets any closer? Do you remember where you read this?

PTCrash3
10th March 2008, 19:29
This is what some people are thinking:
AGR 4
Penske 2
Ganassi 2
D&R 2
NHL 2
KV 2
Vision 2
Roth 2
Conquest 2
Panther 1
Foyt 1
RLR 1
PCM 1
Walker 1
Dale Coyne 1
Minardi USA 1

If my (slightly dodgy) maths is correct, that should leave a field of 27 cars.

My updated best guess:

AGR - 4
Ganassi - 2
Penske - 2
Rahal - 1 maybe 2
Panther - 1
D&R - 2
NHL - 2
KV - 2
Vision - 2
Roth - 2
Conquest - 2
Foyt - 1
RLR - 1
PCM - 0 or 1
FPR - Gone
Walker - Gone
Coyne - Probably gone
Minardi - Probably gone

I'm saying 24 max.

db

RJL25
11th March 2008, 10:14
Really? I like the way that sounds, even if it's with AGR. PT would have a lot of data to get him started, that's for sure.

Can you keep us updated if this gets any closer? Do you remember where you read this?

There is an online magazine here in australia that ran with the story on tuesday, heres the link http://enews.mnews.com.au/

article on Will Power is on Page 5, article on PT is on page 8.

Cheers

MAX_THRUST
11th March 2008, 11:17
Interesting online magazine thanks for the link.

So will Surfers be part of another series, using indy cars this year. ie - Surfers, Mexico, and maybe a couple of other CCWS races being run, after Chicagoland, as the last points paying event of this year with the other races being used to promote the series teams and drivers for next years season?

It seems like a good idea and legally shuts up the Chicagoland solicitors.

BACK TO THE THREAD.

What is the absolute definate car count right now?

Saw Eric B say his team had two Dallaras but were low on spare parts.

How can there not be a Dale Coyne car on the grid.
Would Love to see TEam Minardi USA turn out two cars.
MAybe GF and Derrick Walker can get together and get two cars out on the grid. I hope GF swallows his pride. He's managed to sponsor PT for four yeears with out a proper sponsor.

I'm desperate to see 26-28 cars on the grid, it'll be the good old days again.

MAX_THRUST
11th March 2008, 11:20
Surely some teams are working on deals to merge right now. Rather than be a one car effort, join forces and field two cars. Ideally you would want an IRL team and CCWS team to merge for the benefit of the CCWS team.

Damn this is frustrating, can't wait to hear more news break. I'm sure there is stuff in the pipeline for many still to become public, just hate the waiting.

BobGarage
11th March 2008, 11:29
Surely some teams are working on deals to merge right now. Rather than be a one car effort, join forces and field two cars. Ideally you would want an IRL team and CCWS team to merge for the benefit of the CCWS team.

Damn this is frustrating, can't wait to hear more news break. I'm sure there is stuff in the pipeline for many still to become public, just hate the waiting.

well testing at sebring for the former CC teams is next Wednesday.

I think we'll start to hear more from the teams over the next few days.

nigelred5
11th March 2008, 15:13
I'd really like to know what CCWS teams have actually received Indy Cars and how many.

It will take until the sponsors budgets get directed near the end of this season to know if IndyCar will recover in that regard. I'll be excited if they can get a title sponsor.

Well, reading Derrick Walker's comments, I know where you can find a Dallara in Team Australia colors if you hurry.

DBell
11th March 2008, 15:45
Here's a quote from Tagliani in an interview about his future:

It also appears that few teams in Champ Car will jump to the IRL this season."

I think that is becoming obvious, the question is how few. BB said 6-8 cars would be a homerun. I'm thinking that they are not going to hit a homer.

BobGarage
11th March 2008, 16:21
i think they'll make 6.

2 nhl
2 kv racing
1 conquest
1 dcr

the other teams have been very quiet so far.

DBell
11th March 2008, 16:28
i think they'll make 6.

2 nhl
2 kv racing
1 conquest
1 dcr

the other teams have been very quiet so far.

I could see that. If they make 6, we'll call it an inside the park homerun.

Sorry BobGarage, I don't know what the cricket equivalent term would be. ;)

nigelred5
11th March 2008, 18:29
That's a sad state of affairs if they only get 6 cars out of all that Champcar was. I wonder what sugar TG will be offering next year to get teams to join the series. It's going to have to be good since the cars will likely be a lame duck for 09. Hopefully a lot of answered questions, some stability, a more balanced series and maybe some interest from another manufacturer will bring a few more teams back.

!!WALDO!!
11th March 2008, 18:57
That's a sad state of affairs if they only get 6 cars out of all that Champcar was.

Why are you surpised? I once posted years ago after the failure of CART that 6 cars would be the high water mark and it would go down from there.

Look at it. Nobody got paid purse or point money. Some had no sponsorship at all and ran totally out of their pockets. Even though the DP01 was a "great" car the teams needed to lay out money for it that they didn't have. If they had stayed with the Lolas the car count would have been one or two higher as they would of had some operating capital. In two years only Haas will be left as the rest will fall by the wayside.

No money, no racing, pure and simple.

gofastandwynn
17th March 2008, 20:24

Well, wrong about Rice.

So, that makes:
Partick - Andretti/Green
Kannan - Andretti/Green
Andretti - Andretti/Green
Mutoh - Andretti/Green
Briscoe - Penske
Castroneves - Penske
Dixon - Ganassi
Wheldon - Ganassi
Miera - Panther
Hunter-Reay - Rahal/Letterman
Manning - Foyt
Rice - D&R
Duno/Bell -D&R
Howard - Roth
Roth - Roth
AJIV - Vision
Carpenter - Vision
Perera - Conquest
KV - Servia
KV - Power
NHL - Wilson
NHL - Rahal
----------------

That is 22 total, and Coyne will announce 2 drivers on Wednesday, which makes.....24. And that is before HVM, and Luczo Dragon with Scheckter at Kansas.

gofastandwynn
18th March 2008, 03:28
Well well, look who was getting fitted for a seat at Conquest today...

http://www.indycar.com/news/2008/series/images/bernoldi-350-03172008.jpg

Which is funny because according to Gentlozzi, Bernoldi didn't want to do ovals...

BobGarage
18th March 2008, 07:32
Which is funny because according to Gentlozzi, Bernoldi didn't want to do ovals...

and the lesson from this story??? never believe a word that ***** ******* gentilozzi says!

gm99
18th March 2008, 12:36

Looks like Enrique put on quite a bit of weight since he was last seen tugging around F1... :D

nanders
18th March 2008, 14:50

Is this car done in CCWS orange? :)