PDA

View Full Version : Pastrana gets former world champ co-driver

uncoversport
20th February 2008, 07:27
Travis Pastrana's co-driver has retired, so they guy is getting a guest apperance from McRae's old co-driver Derek Ringer for this weekend's Rally America round!

http://www.serviceparknews.com/?c=117&a=1125

Derek makes an interesting comment there, hinting that it might not be a one off.

I wonder when this guy is going to give the full PWRC a crack. He's still young, can clearly drive and he has the money to do it, surely if he wins a third Rally America title this year he will move on to bigger and better things.

I think we won three motorcross titles, maybe that's the lucky number for progression.

Later

Option1
20th February 2008, 12:12
Cool news. Thanks.

Neil

Magnus
20th February 2008, 19:43
To bad, since the old co-driver, the swedish guy Christian Edsström, came to this forum from time to time and told us of their work.
Good for Travis though to have such an experienced co-driver at his side.

WRCfan
21st February 2008, 00:24
Travis has made it no secret that the backflips on the motorcycle are being put on hold for a bit to focus on his rallying career. I hope he does make an attempt at a full rally programme. He has some talent behind the wheel of the Impreza.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out.

RallyCat909
21st February 2008, 02:57
I'll be at 100 Acre Wood to see Travis and Derek this weekend, will be happy to post pics as a small 'thank you' for all the great pics I find on this forum.

WRCfan
21st February 2008, 03:06
Sounds good!!!

gloomyDAY
21st February 2008, 03:55
I'll be at 100 Acre Wood to see Travis and Derek this weekend, will be happy to post pics as a small 'thank you' for all the great pics I find on this forum.
Sweet! Do it man.

Is there some kind of rep system on this board?

WRXedUSA
21st February 2008, 05:21
It will be interesting to see how Travis adjusts to a new codriver. I know the notes are computer generated, but more about how he gets along with him for 4 days at an event. Hope travis doesnt find himself in a cycle of searching for a new codriver for every other event, this could put a serious distraction to his R-A championship run this year.

I wish I could get down to Missouri (5 hour drive), but I blew my holiday time on Sweden!

Viking
21st February 2008, 07:50
Derek makes an interesting comment there, hinting that it might not be a one off.

Pastrana/Ringer is on the entry list to Rally Argentina :up:
http://www.rallyargentina.com/english/inscriptos.php

Bjorn240
21st February 2008, 20:14
FYI - we discussed this a bit on pg. 31 of the News and Rumours thread in the WRC forum.

I think Travis and Derek will do very well this weekend. And in Argentina for that matter.

SubaruNorway
22nd February 2008, 18:26
Rally starts in three hours

http://www.rally-america.com/event.100AW.2008.php?section=venue

Takes some time before the stage times are up usualy

Last years rally
Day 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laPN8hexXoM
Day2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK_bJqUKXU4&feature=related

SubaruNorway
22nd February 2008, 23:21
Ken Block in the lead after two stages

http://www.rally-america.com/event.100AW.2008.php?section=results_overall

janvanvurpa
23rd February 2008, 02:55
23 Subarus out of 34 cars entered in the National Championship portion.

What an amazing field. Rolleyes

Rally Hokkaido
23rd February 2008, 07:58

...and two Mustangs (Double rolleyes)

SubaruNorway
23rd February 2008, 10:48
Love it :D
http://www.rally-america.com/event.100AW.2008.php?section=results_overall
After four stages

SubaruNorway
23rd February 2008, 12:00
Day 1 video highlights
http://www.flatovercrest.com/2008/02/video-100-acre.html

WRXedUSA
23rd February 2008, 19:37

You're really going to be heartbroken to learn that the leading Hyundai and Mitsubishi retired on day 1.

janvanvurpa
25th February 2008, 17:45
You're really going to be heartbroken to learn that the leading Hyundai and Mitsubishi retired on day 1.

No not heatbroken at all.
Why?
Because this weekend we were all at an event which is consistently voted the favorite event on the calender the Doo Wops Rally this being the 20th Anniversary edition.
The rally was won overall by "zero practice before the event after 6 year lay-off" PNW driver, and friend John Lane and co-driven by the founder and organiser of the Doo Wops Rally Series Ray Damitio in the Volvo 240.
Clear fastest by an average of 7-9 seconds on the stages was PNW Driver, and friend Dave Hintz, although a cracked exhaust header on his Subaru sunk him as he missed a stage a 2 on Saturday while welding the junk up.

Oddly enough his Subaru was not blue.

And as is usual, the crowd favorites were the 2wd cars, this time the crowd favorites were Adan Crane in his rwd Toyota Corolla GTS sideways and engine on the rev limiter everywhere, The Buress Brothers in their very aggressively driven MkI VW Golf, and of course John Lane's 240 turbo car.
Honorable mention also goes to PNW Mazda 4wd turbo driver Jay Woodward whose driving showed a lot more attack in the 20 year rig than all but 1-2 of the procession of Subarus.

There were, of course, many many Subarus, but truthfully, nobody was very moved by the sight of 99% of them.

L5->R5/CR
25th February 2008, 18:31
Why?
Because this weekend we were all at an event which is consistently voted the favorite event on the calender the Doo Wops Rally this being the 20th Anniversary edition.
The rally was won overall by "zero practice before the event after 6 year lay-off" PNW driver, and friend John Lane and co-driven by the founder and organiser of the Doo Wops Rally Series Ray Damitio in the Volvo 240.
Clear fastest by an average of 7-9 seconds on the stages was PNW Driver, and friend Dave Hintz, although a cracked exhaust header on his Subaru sunk him as he missed a stage a 2 on Saturday while welding the junk up.

And as is usual, the crowd favorites were the 2wd cars, this time the crowd favorites were Adan Crane in his rwd Toyota Corolla GTS sideways and engine on the rev limiter everywhere, The Buress Brothers in their very aggressively driven MkI VW Golf, and of course John Lane's 240 turbo car.
Honorable mention also goes to PNW Mazda 4wd turbo driver Jay Woodward whose driving showed a lot more attack in the 20 year rig than all but 1-2 of the procession of Subarus.

There were, of course, many many Subarus, but truthfully, nobody was very moved by the sight of 99% of them.

Just to add this.

If you are in the US and have a rally that is close to you with the Buresses or Chris Duplessis entered, find a way to get there.

There are some very good 2wd efforts out there but those two teams really flog the heck out of their VWs and nothing beats seeing a rally car, of any type, being driven 100%.

I am still bummed the "legendary" Volvo missed the Oregon Trail last year. RWD, well driven, and excessive power should have be a guaranteed good show.

I'm not anti Subaru or Mitsubishi like you might think John is but nothing beats seeing well driven cars, well, being driven very well. Seeing a parade of moderate but not terribly exciting cars being driven at 60-70% of what they are capable of, especially when they are all more or less the same is less than exciting.

WRXedUSA
25th February 2008, 19:58
Why?

So, you aren't anti Subaru like you orginally professed, you're anti R-A.

That partially explains why you're banned from SS. (though I do enjoy your wordsmithery)

Here's another enigma for you to cud chew: Kyle Sarasin.

Any thoughts on him? He drives a open class rule WRX this season. Have you seen Duplessis cannonball off a crest yet, driving his Golf like a rented mule? How about him? Zedrils should be your poster child of commitment and progress over just a short time (Nearly matching Shepard this weekend) Or is this just more richboy talent making a mockery of the sport?

I think what we need is more manufacturers to offer contingency and parts trucks. That would solve the subaru problem. Oh wait, we had that, years ago. Mitsubishi went north this year.

L5->R5/CR
25th February 2008, 21:14

That partially explains why you're banned from SS. (though I do enjoy your wordsmithery)

Any thoughts on him? He drives a open class rule WRX this season. Have you seen Duplessis cannonball off a crest yet, driving his Golf like a rented mule? How about him? Zedrils should be your poster child of commitment and progress over just a short time (Nearly matching Shepard this weekend) Or is this just more richboy talent making a mockery of the sport?

I think what we need is more manufacturers to offer contingency and parts trucks. That would solve the subaru problem. Oh wait, we had that, years ago. Mitsubishi went north this year.

John isn't so much anti-subaru/mitsu as he is anti-rich kids in expensive toys driving in mediocrity/the same boring cars that could be replaced with more exciting cars for less money.

I don't think even John could argue against the temptation to build a Subaru. It is all there, readily available, with contingencies, and most importantly it is easy. With that said, a lot of Subaru drivers spend more time trying to buy speed than driving their car like a squealing pig. In that I think a lot of people might agree with him.

Nothing beats seeing a rally car having the wheels driven on it. I find is as enjoyable and exciting to watch the Open class "monsters" in the hands of Tanner, Andy, Travis, Andrew, Antione, and Ken as I do Chris D or the Burress Brothers with the hammer down. The problem is that too many people think they can be Tanner et al instead of aspiring to be Chris or the Burresses (or Jon Nichols, or Andrew Havas, or any others of more than a handful of serious 2wd competitors).

RallyCat909
25th February 2008, 22:57

I talked to Antoine at the closing ceremonies, his Hyundai clipped a bank and destroyed some plumbing. I also saw Natalie Ricard and got some pics with her and Antoine, not to mention one Derek Ringer! :) I was amazed at how humble and down to earth and chatty they were to me.

I also talked to Travis at the closing ceremonies and Travis was sick as all get out. He looked pretty rough. Again, he was more than friendly and even remember rallying with me in 06 at the Rally De Paris where he and 'Cowboy' Kenny Bartram were rallying a Scooby. "Dude, I suck as a co-driver man! I remember you guys were fast!" Was really great to hear compliments from someone that could easily not even bother.

I'll post some pics and I got some nice video from Day 1 and the SSS on day two. I'll get those up this week. :)

RallyCat909
27th February 2008, 00:25
Im not at all a great photog, but I thought some service pics would be appreciated since you can find all the action shots pretty easy.

Derek Ringer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/RallyCat909/2008%20100%20Acre%20Wood%20Rally/HPIM3654.jpg

John Buffum
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/RallyCat909/2008%20100%20Acre%20Wood%20Rally/HPIM3649.jpg

Derek Ringer, Natalie Richard, and Antoine Lestage
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/RallyCat909/2008%20100%20Acre%20Wood%20Rally/HPIM3658.jpg

Travis Pastrana and Derek Ringers Scooby
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/RallyCat909/2008%20100%20Acre%20Wood%20Rally/HPIM3668.jpg

I'll post more if interest ensues. :)

WRCfan
27th February 2008, 04:07
Nice photos!!!

VeniceBeach
4th March 2008, 07:16
There is a crazy video of Pastrana jumping out of an airplane with no parachute on! Would I drive with him? NO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB7xlNHjduo

Lalo
4th March 2008, 10:31
This is a big boost for him. Ringer has lot of experience and it may improve Travis's performance. Congrats, Pastrana!

janvanvurpa
4th March 2008, 18:03

I'd say I'm anti hype, and see unjustified hype as the primary thing hindering broader appeal and broader participation.
People have built in BS detectors had many become kind of cynical when they see rather modest driving described as super human feats or whatever, and then they watch on You-tube and good Group H vids from Sweden or F-cup craziness from ''grannlandet till Öster''.

ANYBODY who watches just a little F-cup action needs no explanation and doesn't need to be repeatedly told "This is amazing stuff !!!!" (while yet another car farts thru a corner, revs to 3600 before the driver takes 2 seconds to shift....).

The same thing is seen in the "lower level" playing in a field stuff that Yanks decided bizarrely enough to call "Rally-cross" and which I refuse to have met and spent some time with a couple of guys who did it well: Will Gollop and Per Eklund. It would insult these guys to call playing in 1st and 2nd gear in a stock car anything resembling the crazy and exciting sport that they do. They're NUTS, and I'm impressed.
But many many of the guys playing in dirt lots talk tons of BS calling their stock cars "my rally car" and the casual meets "rallyraces" and brag about how
"I won the Championship" (in a class of 4 over 3 events with a total SEASON time of less than a stage.

As it's the same thing we see in the flashy, lots of pretty website stuff, closely coordinated with Subaru, employing the same "Talent Agency" as Pastrana and whatever the latest newb hero uses to "leverage sports and entertainment", yet they really can't do the simplest of things because they are too closely bound up with Subaru and glitz.
Look at the scandals all around Vermont Sportscar/SRTUSA in the last 15 months which have been suppressed and Rally America attempts to hide with shot-gun new Rules. Look at the unexplained 5 points off last year levied against the Blue Subies.
Look at the unpenalized blatant violation of the red-cross display rule at last years "Snow-drift". It has been tacitly and fragmentarily revealed that the excuse given "A snowmobile driver was riding along a trail parallel to the stage" is hollow and that the obvious reason was to get the stage thrown because the hero boys had a front puncture and were loosing time against Andrew Pinker. And then its revealed that the "unidentified" snowmobile rider is well known, but not named.

Look at their absurd "Don't call, Don't tell" telephone Rule.
Illogically written, impossible to enforce and a shot-gun approach to cure the problem of, allegedly, Vermont Sportscar/SRTUSA people driving ahead of the rally cars and telephoning back to the Team what the road conditions are.
Now there have always been in rally Ice Crews or Gravel Crews doing just that and realistically there's no harm, and nothing I can do to counter it: all I have is used tires anyway.
But they portray Rally America to be a "professional" organisation, and they can't write a rule to save their lives because they can't annoy their one goose that lays their Golden Egg

Enigma? hur så?

Any thoughts on him? He drives a open class rule WRX this season.
Mixed thoughts really, first where does a kid 18 afford to drive a GC8 Subie reliably let alone afford the Rally America entry fees which are often over $1200.
Oh wait! I've been told that Rally America owner Doug Havir is paying for the car, and waiving all his entry fees.
Can't understand why he would except to make the "image" of the "product" appeal to the "target demographic" of 12 to 20 year old boys.

But his good results, while I've chuckled at a guy in a 14 year old car nipping at the heels of the alleged "Heroes", it does sorta show that a guy with minimal experience in a basically OK car (and there's no arguing that the Subies as far back as the Legacy work well at what they're supposed to do-----when they're working) can go "about this fast", so either he's REAL GOOD, or the people in front of him aren't nearly so good as the HYPE proclaims. And I think their rather embarrassing result in the carefully chosen WRC events they have dared to enter shows where the problem lies.

Have you seen Duplessis cannonball off a crest yet, driving his Golf like a rented mule? How about him? Zedrils should be your poster child of commitment and progress over just a short time (Nearly matching Shepard this weekend) Or is this just more richboy talent making a mockery of the sport?

Haven't seen any of the Eastern or Midwest guys.
And progress over just a short period of time? Well how do we measure progress? (I won't even begin to address "the short period of time" which is what Americans plan think and expect---and is central to why they do so dissappointingly in those sports that require years of experience and routine--like rallying away from the easy to tow to events here in USA)

I would be impressed if any of the rich guys, either of the Trustafarians from Massachusetts or the lucky weatlthy boys who can put together their 100,000 new cars had the balls to measure themselves in a few simple Finnish F-cup events.
Yeah, simply enter.
But despite sp[ending hundreds of thousands of dolloar to compete in paper thin fields, they studiously AVOID entering events where they cannot be certain that they have bought to best car and parts that money can buy, and therefore be assured, more or less, of what the outcome will be (because they've outspent everybody else by 5 times or more)

Indeed I think that the hype about "the Championship" gets so swallowed that boys think that if they win here it means they are good drivers.

And there it is F-cup which beckons, deep fields 40-60 drivers or more in similar, well prepped cars.

Real competitors would seek out real hard competition, rather than be the Big Fish not even in a small pond, but a Big Fish overhanging a small BUCKET.
Cause USA isn't even a small pond. (My old motorclub AMF Södertälje which was south of Stockholm, had, according to the old quarterly newsletter ''Vrålet'' over 50 entries in the rally KM or rally section's Club Championship in the mid 70s.
50 in the closed to club rally
1 club out of a dozen in Stor stockholm

The absurdity of ken Block's answer when it was posed to him why wouldn't he enter a simpler car in something like a F-cup event was some garbled
"I'm a very competitive person............therefore i want to make sure I have bought much better equipment than anybody I'll be competing against--(in so many words)" shows the confusion in the boys head.
If he was a competitive person then he would seek out the deepest hardest competition he could rather than wasting time beating garage built, shoestring budget, can't afford to crash it type guys we see mostly now.

(I think he knows he'd get his ass kicked so bad that it wouldn't even be funny if he had to drive a simple rwd car fast)

So no, not anti-RA or anti-Subaru (I did build the PNW Region winning STI motor for Dave Hintz a couple of years ago and have built 5 sets of my 50mm suspension for Subies since August), just anti-hype.

RAS007
4th March 2008, 21:43
Ken Block et al are all part of that marketing of the "alternative/extreme sport" thing. Take the X-Games as an example. Just as the X-Games have absolutely nothing whatsover to do with the roots and true world of skateboarding, Ken Block has nothing whatosover to do with anything remotely connected to the real of rallying. It is actually quite embarrassing.

janvanvurpa
5th March 2008, 05:49
Ken Block et al are all part of that marketing of the "alternative/extreme sport" thing. Take the X-Games as an example. Just as the X-Games have absolutely nothing whatsover to do with the roots and true world of skateboarding, Ken Block has nothing whatosover to do with anything remotely connected to the real of rallying. It is actually quite embarrassing.

And yet when on the appropriately named SS.com Block responded to the many people expressing dismay and disgust at the over hypping of the essentially made-for-TV or "reality TV" ex games, Block responded with a comment showing perfectly his deep character, and respect for those who have been in the sport for decades by referring to all who were not sufficiently amazed at watching 7-8 cars drive in a parking lot in 1st and second gear as
"Haters" .

Blocks latest hype fest was to rip off the idea of a pair of Golden Shoes like were presented by Alpine Stars to the great Tomi Mäkinen after he had won 5 World Championship titles. He had somebody in his shoe company make some Golden Shoes with the number 199, which is his buddy Travis Pastrana's permanent number.

So unoriginal, so classless, so delusional to mimic something like that for somebody who may, in 5-6 years, be a good driver, but who now has trouble breaking into the top 2/3 at last years Rally GB.

It is clear to all that Block anyway believes his own hype. 8(

Tomi
5th March 2008, 08:32
Blocks latest hype fest was to rip off the idea of a pair of Golden Shoes like were presented by Alpine Stars to the great Tomi Mäkinen after he had won 5 World Championship titles. He had somebody in his shoe company make some Golden Shoes with the number 199, which is his buddy Travis Pastrana's permanent number.

So unoriginal, so classless, so delusional to mimic something like that for somebody who may, in 5-6 years, be a good driver, but who now has trouble breaking into the top 2/3 at last years Rally GB.

It is clear to all that Block anyway believes his own hype. 8(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , quite amusing, for outsider it sounds like rally in US is more how it looks like, not how it is, when do yu think we can wait to see someone who actually can drive from the US, any ideas?

Doon
5th March 2008, 14:00
I know i'm in for an ear bashing, but after reading the comments about the x-games and Ken Block, i think some people are forgetting who one of the participants was........Colin Mcrae.

So why was what Colin did not embarrasing? Oh yeh, he couldn't even beat these RA guys and even on the stages in 2006 he wasn't far infront. Doubt anyone will give Colin any flack, but maybe the RA guys deserve a little more respect for being able to bring a little media interest to the sport in a way they see fit. The way I see it is that Rallying just isn't exciting to most people in the USA.

Also, we have to understand that people in the USA like to do things differently......their own way!

RAS007
5th March 2008, 15:42
I know i'm in for an ear bashing, but after reading the comments about the x-games and Ken Block, i think some people are forgetting who one of the participants was........Colin Mcrae.

So why was what Colin did not embarrasing? Oh yeh, he couldn't even beat these RA guys and even on the stages in 2006 he wasn't far infront. Doubt anyone will give Colin any flack, but maybe the RA guys deserve a little more respect for being able to bring a little media interest to the sport in a way they see fit. The way I see it is that Rallying just isn't exciting to most people in the USA.

Also, we have to understand that people in the USA like to do things differently......their own way!

McRae won't get flack for it for 2 reasons: 1) He's dead. 2) He had nothing to prove by that point; he had already done it ALL. His involvement in the X-games, we can only guess it was either about money, or just something to do.

Ken Block has achieved nothing in rallying, yet seems to think that he is some sort of superstar. There is no comparison.

Doon
5th March 2008, 16:11
Wasn't trying to compare. But i think Colin's motives were the same as Ken Block's, to promote the sport in the USA.

RAS007
5th March 2008, 16:13
Wasn't trying to compare. But i think Colin's motives were the same as Ken Block's, to promote the sport in the USA.

I know you were not trying to compare. ;)

Regarding promotion of the sport, McRae was a great ambassador for the sport of rallying; Block's version of rallying, well, I wouldn't even call it rallying, but I get your point.

Doon
5th March 2008, 16:52
I know you were not trying to compare. ;)

Regarding promotion of the sport, McRae was a great ambassador for the sport of rallying; Block's version of rallying, well, I wouldn't even call it rallying, but I get your point.

I totally agree, his idea of Rallying (x-games, huge jump in a rally car, extreme rally/snowboarding) is far from what we know, but for most Americans this is all very cool and probably the only way to get them interested in Rallying. Anyway don't they call it Rally Racing?lol ;)

janvanvurpa
5th March 2008, 21:07
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , quite amusing, for outsider it sounds like rally in US is more how it looks like, not how it is, when do yu think we can wait to see someone who actually can drive from the US, any ideas?

Hej Tomi, actually everything in America has always been what things look like rather than what it is.
It's crazy really, but it is deeply ingrained in the American character.

Advertising and promotional parasites know this and do everything that they can to reinforce the idea. There was some stupid soda-pop company who had a line in their ads "Image is Everything". Think for one half second (longer than the average American consumer it seems) and take apart the statement in it's relationship to a soda-pop drink: IMAGE????

This image thing (which you know is linked with the well known American superficiality, and simple thinking) is connected to the American tendency to fixate on promoting and glorifying "THE WINNER" and of course anybody who didn't "win" is a "loser".
This well know tendency leads many guys here to not even think of building a car and trying rally, because, as I've heard dozen of times since I started in 1984 "If I can't win.......I'm not going do it" because all they have ever seen is some WRC on TV and now maybe the Rally America hype---because of course reading is right out of the question.

Hej Tomi this is getting to your question, just want to lay a foundation or "grund" so you see the depth of the problem.

Now if Americans are socialised and conditioned to think simplistically of "Winner" and "loser", you know that there will be conflict if they are confronted by a more complicated reality where nobody wins every time out every week forever at everything.
So Americans cook up various solutions to this nasty problem.

In nearly all motorsport here in USA, the organisers introduce seriously DOZENS of classes often with 1 or 2 people in the "class" (And yes if you ask any of the 27 different people who might have won their class at a US "autocross"--where they drive in parking lots and try to kill orange rubber cones---how the event went, usually, nearly always the guys will answer "Oh I won" and NEVER will they say "I won my class and there was really only one other guy, and he's a beginner"

One organiser in rally when I asked why he was pushing the tendency from other car racing of multitude of classes he said "More classes means more winners, more winners means more trophies, and more trophies means more happy racers"

As a society it means we reject History as a country because history is complicated and America, just like every other country in the World , doesn't always win at everything they try to do.
Really it means we re-write history, and then reinforce that fiction with decades of movies and TV so the THE IMAGE of America as ALWAYS shown as "the winner".
And in recent years this has become more and more absurd.

What this means is Americans tend strongly to avoid hard competition and hard fights and tend to want to do those things where they can be called
"a winner".
So guys with more or less unlimited funding, either thru private fortunes or via sponsorship dollars will tend to STAY in USA where they can spend $50,000 per event and win, even when they can afford to go overseas where the fight is much harder and they risk being "losers".

So when will we see an American or a North American who can actually drive?

When there is some depth in the competition eg more than 4-5 guys with massive budgets against guys in near stock cars, or when the guys who have funding take themselves to someplace where there is depth like say F-cup in Finland.

So.....maybe never. It has been more than 22 years since an American had the balls to go toe to toe against the whole world elite and there doesn't seem to be any more John Buffums growing here--he was of a different generation who looked for the hardest competition.

RichardM
7th March 2008, 05:23
...and two Mustangs (Double rolleyes)

Just to explain US rally, neither of us driving Mustangs were in the national rally. Both Mark and I are regional competitors driving for the fun of driving. Now who hasn't seen the US TV show 'Dukes of Hazard'? Tearing through the woods in a high powered RWD car is fun. Of course, both Mark and I have a long history of competing in other cars such as SAABs for myself and a variety of 'proper' rally cars including a Subaru for Mark.

Plus at events such as the recent 100 Acre Wood Rally, both Mark and I get almost as much attention as Travis Pastrana because we drive "real" cars.

23rd June 2008, 03:57
People are mystified about how to cook ribs properly. I'm going to walk you through every step using a basic charcoal grill.maplestoryer sell maple story mesos (http://www.maplestoryer.com/) Obviously if you have different or more high-tech equipment, you'll need to modify these procedures. If you're setting up your backyard charcoal grill for indirect cooking, you'll want to use a disposable aluminum pan to capture the grease maple story power leveling (http://www.maplestoryer.com/) as the fat renders while cooking. Some people add water to this pan to add moisture to the cooking environment.

Saabaru
23rd June 2008, 06:35

No, allot of Americans hate change. They don't want to see the AWD Subie's, Mitsubishi's and Hyundai's dominating the sport. They would be perfectly content seeing old slow RX7's and 240 Volvo's. Who can't round a curve in a RWD car sideways? Sliding an AWD car through a tight corner is a bit trickier, especially when your making decisions on every curve to ether blaze in and slide the car through the corner or approach slower and under steer your way through and carry more speed out the other side. So they see the cars and all the new faces dominating the sport as an invasion of something they don't want. Not all Americans are like this though, that is why they have so many cars to rant over. :rolleyes: