PDA

View Full Version : FIRST PICTURES - Kimi's Ferrari Helmet / Race Suit

Giuseppe F1
13th January 2007, 17:01
The developent of the 'subliminal Marlboro branding' looks ok but not a big fan of the grey barcode marking running around the main band of the helmet.

Looks great from the back with the Prancing Horse

Its the same Schuberth RF1 helmet as worn by Schuey but the way the pointy graphic is on the front view of the helmet, is it just me of does this make it look a bit like a biker helmet for some reason?

Big space on the visor strip which I imagine will be taken by 'Alice'

Also expect this race suit is interim in the sense that a 'Alice' logo will appear on the chest area where the 'Vodafone' logo was last year

The white section on the sleeve finishing in a point before the red part of the rest of the sleeve is an obviousl allusion to the Marlboro red on white Chevron and again another subliminal brand communcation of Marlboro..........even though we are all pretending we dont see it as tobacco is now supposedly void in the sport.

All in all - not bad - I think there will be a fair bit more white on the car too this year owing to the new Marlboro arrangement.

So what do you guys all think then?:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5476/wri00002170368ke4.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8651/wri00002170367os6.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4269/wri00002170348je7.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9584/1168630034sw2.jpg

seb_sh
13th January 2007, 17:16
I like it, the helmet is more aggressive than most designs but it looks good and while the race suit is clearly a big Marlboro logo without text it does have a nice design.

In a way Ferrari needed a slight image change given the fact that they are changing generations.

ioan
13th January 2007, 18:43
Very good ones! :up:
let's hope the car looks and drives nice and fast too!

Aleksandar
13th January 2007, 21:24
Good job done there.
Aggressive, yet balanced. Nice touch with the Italian tricolore stripe.

Now put some "Alice" and that Abu-Dhabi corporation logos, and let's go testin'...

Dazz9908
13th January 2007, 21:56
the Driver suite side white strips make it look like PJ's
Lets hope it doesn't make fall a sleep behind the wheel.!

raikk
13th January 2007, 22:44
The helmet isn't bad neither is the suit but In my opinon Kimi's 04-05 Helmet had it all..

Ranger
14th January 2007, 00:21
Not bad, not bad.

But I would've just liked an '06 Kimi helmet with the addition of Marlboro.

I'm also of the opinion that the Marlboro logo in non-Tobacco advertising form needs to change - no definition at all.

DimitraF1
14th January 2007, 01:08
i wonder how the car will look this year with the change of sponsor .. more white maybe? a few hours to find out :)

ioan
14th January 2007, 01:17
i wonder how the car will look this year with the change of sponsor .. more white maybe? a few hours to find out :)

Last years car was already carrying the Marlboro subliminal advertising, and it worked well!
Why should they change a working livery? To make it look like Toyota, or Honda or Super Aguri, or maybe like the new McLaren? They all have red and white liveries, Ferrari need to stay red with just enough white to pass the Marlboro message.

harvick#1
14th January 2007, 04:51
I like it but Marlboro should be allowed on it, why cigarettes are banned for advertising is really stupid, Alcholic beverages are allowed and they kill people everyday, all these sex drugs are just as bad. we all know cigarettes are bad for you, but so is just about everything else in the world

RJL25
14th January 2007, 07:07
two things are leading me to think this could be the biggest change in livery for ferrari for years. 1st and most obvious is that there will be no more vodafone so the sidepods will definetly look different, but the 2nd thing is that there is no longer a big marlabro logo, even the subliminal logo, accross the front of the drivers suit. Does this mean there will be no big white patch over the engine cover this year? hmmmm

Ranger
14th January 2007, 07:47
All this super-politically correct garbage about tobacco advertising HAS to stop. People will smoke regardless of whether or not there's a Marlboro sign on a fast red car. People will drink regardless of whether or not Johnnie Walker is on a chrome-coloured car. People will buy computers regardless of what is on a BMW.

It's almost like prohibition the way the FIA and EU are banning advertising left right and centre - and its getting ridiculous.

futuretiger9
14th January 2007, 11:07
I'm not too sure about Kimi's new helmet design (I preferred the old one), but I must admit that the new overalls are nice.

RJL25
14th January 2007, 11:50
All this super-politically correct garbage about tobacco advertising HAS to stop. People will smoke regardless of whether or not there's a Marlboro sign on a fast red car. People will drink regardless of whether or not Johnnie Walker is on a chrome-coloured car. People will buy computers regardless of what is on a BMW.

It's almost like prohibition the way the FIA and EU are banning advertising left right and centre - and its getting ridiculous.

i dissagree, if having marlabro logo's on a ferrari F1 car has no bearing on whether people smoke or not then why does marlabro pay 100's of millions of bucks having their logo's on the red rockets?

ioan
14th January 2007, 11:53
i dissagree, if having marlabro logo's on a ferrari F1 car has no bearing on whether people smoke or not then why does marlabro pay 100's of millions of bucks having their logo's on the red rockets?

To increase the brand's value through exposure?!

Giuseppe F1
14th January 2007, 11:59
It seems Ferrari 'WILL' still carry ACTUAL Marlboro branding whenever they can - perhaps at testing in Fiorano/Mugello or when the car is being used at promotional events/shows etc....

....look at this shot of Kimi - although they have been pixelated, Marlboro logos are obviously visible as is the large 'Marlboro' logo on the cap which is actually in the italic style of what appeared on the 'Marlboro Team Penske' brand communication in Indycars of recent years - very 'American' stylee

Image attached:

Donney
14th January 2007, 12:03
It looks good!

RJL25
14th January 2007, 12:15
To increase the brand's value through exposure?!

but why if it doesnt help you sell cigarettes? See thats exactly my point, the advertising helps sell cigarettes, hence why its called advertising and hence why its banned.

ioan
14th January 2007, 13:27
but why if it doesnt help you sell cigarettes? See thats exactly my point, the advertising helps sell cigarettes, hence why its called advertising and hence why its banned.

Marlboro isn't only about cigarettes, they sell many other products!
The price of a certain brand isn't only related to their sales volume but also to their exposure. It means that more people are aware about it more value it has.

F1boat
14th January 2007, 13:38
very nice helmet!

ShiftingGears
14th January 2007, 13:47
I dig that helmet a lot.

pino
14th January 2007, 14:17
very cool helmet :up:

PSfan
14th January 2007, 16:45
In f1, its one of the nicer ones so far... But a thought occured to me while I was reading about the speculated Alonso helmet... In comparison to say Goalie masks in Hockey, these racing helmets a boring, and don't carry much of the drivers personality anymore...

haokunnan
15th January 2007, 09:22
it'll take me a lot of time to get used to it
red kimi!

fly_ac
15th January 2007, 10:46
I think the helmet is great, so is the race suit. ;)

CarlMetro
15th January 2007, 11:31
I think he looks very nice in red ;)

DonnieDarco
16th January 2007, 05:11
He's looking good, like the helmet and the overalls :D