PDA

View Full Version : Would It Be A Good Idea?

Cart750hp
17th February 2008, 21:05
Eventually, CC and IRL will be one series soon but is it a good idea to keep Atlantic separate from the new IndyCar? Or is it a good idea to merge it with IPS also?

Idea's and comments?

Hoop-98
17th February 2008, 21:20
The Atlantic car has 150 BHP less than the IPS at near the same weight.

The IPS is much more related to Indy Lights and would be easier to transition to oval racing, while, IMHO, the CCA is a better trainer for RR.

They are different animals, but not sure if economics will allow for both.

rh

BobGarage
17th February 2008, 21:22
personally.... I'd trash IPS and run Atlantics as the major development series for American Open Wheel.

Atlantics has been built up well and seems to provide a better quality of driver than the IPS. They'd just need to add a couple of ovals to the atlantic schedule. maybe up the number of races to 15 from 12.

I don't think there will be a need for two development series once the series merge.

or the other option would be to up the power in atlantics and run it as a GP2/Formula 3000 equivilant and then have IPS as a formuls 3 equivilant (or ther other way round)

Cart750hp
17th February 2008, 21:50
Ever thought of a possibility that one of CC owners may end up owning this little league and turn it into a big league? It could happen, but who wants to spend money on that plan?

I think it's a good idea to leave it as a ladder series to any "series".

Chaparral66
18th February 2008, 06:42
Ever thought of a possibility that one of CC owners may end up owning this little league and turn it into a big league? It could happen, but who wants to spend money on that plan?

I think it's a good idea to leave it as a ladder series to any "series".

At first this sounded like a very interesting idea, but then when considering the recent track record of the Amigos...

Nick Brad
18th February 2008, 11:38
Ever heard the phrase, "If it's not broke, don't try to fix it".

The Atlantic series has done so well on it's own merits and I'd hate to see any changes made to it unless it was shown to drop in the next couple of years as a result of what's happening at the top of the ladder.