PDA

View Full Version : What Happened With Motegi?

sanguin
15th February 2008, 15:54
The Motegi date hasn't changed, Looks like TG didn't get permission and merger is off.

Alfa Fan
15th February 2008, 16:03
I know this is futile, but you could you provide a source that isn't come ChampCar suck ups blog or worse?

Nobody apart from those closely involved actually knows whats going on at the moment, and whilst the chances of a merger are getting weaker, it's not making ChampCar the series any stronger.

Just because a rumour of ChampCar filing for bankruptcy this week didn't come to fruition, does not mean that the series is suddenly all roses financially!

sanguin
15th February 2008, 17:54
I know this is futile, but you could you provide a source that isn't come ChampCar suck ups blog or worse?

Nobody apart from those closely involved actually knows whats going on at the moment, and whilst the chances of a merger are getting weaker, it's not making ChampCar the series any stronger.

Just because a rumour of ChampCar filing for bankruptcy this week didn't come to fruition, does not mean that the series is suddenly all roses financially!

A rumor started by IRL to sabotage CC ??? Nobody knows the finances of CC.

The Motegi date didn't get changed, the IRL is contracted to go there as planned according to the schedule, that means no Long Beach.

sanguin
15th February 2008, 18:19
From AR1.com

Quote:
"Motegi/Long Beach conflict close to being resolved? UPDATE Regarding a date change to the Motegi Race, a Japanese Autosport Magazine website reported on February 12 (Japan time) that Motegi and IRL officials held a meeting, but the meeting ended without a date change to the Motegi race. According to the website the IRL will travel to Japan as scheduled, and will not be racing at Long Beach. Tony George and Robert Clarke came out of the meeting with Motegi officials saying they are very optimistic. Hmmm......could the merger deal be off?"

cartpix
15th February 2008, 23:09
Good Lord, sanguin! Do you actually BELIEVE everything, you read. Especially on AR1. You say Robin Miller is wrong, all the time, have you looked into the track record of Mark C.? You stir up the crap, over at the Champ Car forum & now you come here & do it. If you do this, in the real world, you'd get beat up, on a regular basis. If Motegi agreed to change the date, I think they would wait until an official announcement was made, to start saying it's so. Have some patience, the announcment WILL come.

Sorry for beating up on sanguin, on your turf, IRL forum. I was just browsing & saw him trying to ruffle feathers here, too.

Jeff

cartpix
15th February 2008, 23:11
A rumor started by IRL to sabotage CC ??? Nobody knows the finances of CC.

As you are quite fond of saying, sanguin, LINK?????

Jeff

sanguin
16th February 2008, 00:53
Here's the website-

http://www.mobilityland.co.jp/indyjapan/

translation-

"2008 BRIDGESTONE INDY ™ JAPAN 300 mile advance tickets are on sale on February 16 (Saturday) from the start. IRL Indy Car Series to be held outside the United States only Indy Japan, April 19 (Sat) will be final. Andretti Green Racing this season from the elite to serve the full Hideki Mutou fought race as a triumphant return home draw attention Indy Japan. Star drivers were heated battle to the final race war is less important, of course, is how many of the fun. For more information on this year's ticket plan立てようcheck your watch!"

sanguin
16th February 2008, 00:57
Good Lord, sanguin! Do you actually BELIEVE everything, you read. Especially on AR1. You say Robin Miller is wrong, all the time, have you looked into the track record of Mark C.? If Motegi agreed to change the date, I think they would wait until an official announcement was made, to start saying it's so. Have some patience, the announcment WILL come.

Jeff

Nobody said they agreed to do anything. Apparently they haven't.

cartpix
16th February 2008, 01:51
Nobody said they agreed to do anything. Apparently they haven't.

LINK????????????????????????? And don't repost the Motegi website, again. Like I said, on the Champ Car forum, Motegi isn't going to change the info, on their website, until there is an official announcement.

Jeff

sanguin
16th February 2008, 02:00
LINK????????????????????????? And don't repost the Motegi website, again. Like I said, on the Champ Car forum, Motegi isn't going to change the info, on their website, until there is an official announcement.

Jeff

link for what? KK said there would be no merger without a date change for Motegi, there is no date change.

ticket sales? here you go-

http://www.mobilityland.co.jp/english/events/indyjapan/ticket.html

philipbain
16th February 2008, 08:39
I love Champ Car to death and whilst I like IRL I have never liked the look of the cars or the philosophy of design (big advertising space, big draggy wings to produce dangerously close racing on ovals at speeds in well in excess of 200mph) but when it comes down to it both sides need to swallow thier pride because unification is the only way to give north american open wheel racing a fighting chance in a market that is increasingly all about NASCAR. Ultimately the teams can force the issue by defecting to IRL en masse thus leaving Champ Car defunct by default which is likely to happen next season if a merger doesnt happen this season. I think the most equitable way to unite the series would be to do it at the start of a completely fresh formula, thus favouring neither faction when it comes to setup knowledge.

If the Motegi date was the main sticking point preventing a merger (I think personally that it may be just one factor from a list of many) and Honda refused to move it then I think Honda have shot themselves in the foot as unification is in thier interest as it would secure thier investment in the series by ensuring that it at least has a chance of growing.

indycool
16th February 2008, 14:48
sanguin neglects to report that Clarke characterized the Motegi talks as "optimistic." And he/she neglects to report that no one from either side has said anything definitive yet, that they're all waiting for something to be completed before they do. And he/she neglects to tell us exactly where the "IRL started a rumor to sabotage CC."

Nobody on the CC board can get through this BS, either.

sanguin
16th February 2008, 15:07
sanguin neglects to report that Clarke characterized the Motegi talks as "optimistic." And he/she neglects to report that no one from either side has said anything definitive yet, that they're all waiting for something to be completed before they do. And he/she neglects to tell us exactly where the "IRL started a rumor to sabotage CC."

Nobody on the CC board can get through this BS, either.

If they are selling tickets to the race for April 17-19, that should tell you the date hasn't changed and won't. This is a Honda track and they don't do things like that.
The fact that the press made a big deal about TG going to Japan to change the date and then nothing, speaks volumes.IMO

indycool
16th February 2008, 15:23
No, it DOESN'T speak volumes, IMO.

Neither TG nor The Amigos are going to say anything of substance until talks are broken off completely or they meld the two series completely. IMO.

Alfa Fan
16th February 2008, 16:02
I'd say the fact we haven't heard anything lately may mean that there are finally serious discussions about the subject rather than both series' manipulating the media to make the other one look bad. I'm not saying there's going to be a merger, but the lack of news isn't necessarily bad in this case. If, by the end of next week there's still no news tho, I think we can safely say any prospect of a merger for this season is over.