PDA

View Full Version : Who will be Champion ?

pino
15th February 2008, 07:56
Who's your favourite for the title, I would love to say Trulli... but must say Kimi ;)

leopard
15th February 2008, 09:32
Trulli is supposed to win a race, at least qualifying ;) :)

pino
15th February 2008, 09:32
5 votes and not a single comment...come on Guys don't be shy :p :

pino
15th February 2008, 09:34
Trulli is supposed to win a race, at least qualifying ;) :)

ShiftingGears
15th February 2008, 09:37
Kimi! Although I hope its still an interesting season. The Ferraris are looking good in testing.

CNR
15th February 2008, 11:23
how good would it be to see Kovalainen take McLaren back to the top
see him win more races then lewis. show that he could do the same in that car and take some of the shine of the golden boy.

ioan
15th February 2008, 11:37

Isn't a poll there for voting?! :p :

pino
15th February 2008, 12:27
Isn't a poll there for voting?! :p :

Yes but it would be nice to read some comments too, especially from those who voted for Massa ;)

SGWilko
15th February 2008, 13:29
Yes but it would be nice to read some comments too, especially from those who voted for Massa ;)

Well, you see there a reason for me not commenting then.....

pino
15th February 2008, 14:10
Well, you see there a reason for me not commenting then.....

You just did it :p :

I am evil Homer
15th February 2008, 14:14
I'd love to see Rosberg do it, but in reality given the Ferrari's speed in testing I can't see past Kimi. Massa will take race wins, Mac will take a few but I think Kimi will be more consistent over the season.

ozrevhead
15th February 2008, 14:16
how good would it be to see Kovalainen take McLaren back to the top
see him win more races then lewis. show that he could do the same in that car and take some of the shine of the golden boy.
that would make Lewis' day wouldnt it :p

Kimi and ferrari my pick - and hopefully Mark winning a race would be nice :D

maxu05
15th February 2008, 14:32
I would have to say Massa. At least I would like him to win it, then Ferarri would think twice about hiring Alonso. I would like to see Webber win a race, or at least pick up a few podiums. If Kimi was runner up, that would cool as well, though, if Kimi won it and Massa is second, fine by me. I also hope that Red Bull, or BMW beat McClaren. I just hope the racing is close, and there are no more spy scandels.

MaximumAttack
15th February 2008, 15:08
I can't see anyone else fighting for the title than Massa and Kimi. And since it looks like F2008 suits Kimi even better than last year's car and Massa is prone to errors (especially now without TC), I bet Kimi will win quite easily :)

ioan
15th February 2008, 15:15

I didn't vote yet, actually I think I will not vote at all as there is little to base an opinion on.

SGWilko
15th February 2008, 15:17
I didn't vote yet, actually I think I will not vote at all as there is little to base an opinion on.

When we want your opinion, we'll give it to you!!! :p :

ioan
15th February 2008, 15:24
When we want your opinion, we'll give it to you!!! :p :

:p :

Storm
15th February 2008, 16:01
I think Ferrari will be the quickest car and now that he has got the WDC monkey off his back, I think Kimi will be even more relaxed than usual (!) and hard to beat this time.

fandango
15th February 2008, 19:46
I have the feeling Ferrari will do a McLaren, and steal defeat out of the jaws of victory. It's not likely, but I'm going out on a limb here and voting for Heikki (if I vote for Kimi and I'm right there will be no gloat value...).

Tomi
15th February 2008, 23:29
I voted Kimi for champ, but it will be nice to watch the McLaren internal too, hopefully they have the same driver policy like last year.

F1boat
16th February 2008, 10:58
I think and I hope that Kimi will defend his championship.

Tazio
16th February 2008, 14:06
!) KIMI
2) Massa
3) Fred
4) HK
5) LH
6) NH
7) Nico
8) JB
8) RK
9) NPjr
10) Webber
11) JT
12) DC

Cozzie
16th February 2008, 22:32
There is little doubt that Ferrari will be the class of the field therefore if any driver other than Massa or Kimi were to take the title it would be quite astounding. Massa outraced Kimi for the best part of 2007 and if luck had not given him the cold shoulder all year he would have been a runaway champion, I know you can say this about almost everyone but Massa seemed to cop the worst of Ferrari's troubles last season, 2008 will be different and Massa will put Kimi in his place!

petrolhead ben
16th February 2008, 22:38
I voted for kimi because I seriously think he'll do it again. Massa, lewis and kovy will all run him close but I still think he'll prevail on top. I would love to say kubica as he's my favourite driver, but in reality he won't. Still I hope BMW can cause a surprise or two.
But I think it's highly unlikely that anyone will beat both ferrari and
mclaren over the season. I still think as far as sheer speed is concerned kimi tops.

wmcot
17th February 2008, 03:00
based strictly on the testing results so far, I would give a slight edge to Kimi over Massa. Kimi has been the more consistent driver in the past. I remember that Kimi used to hate testing, but this year he is flying - he must really enjoy the new car!

Placid
17th February 2008, 03:45
Kimi in 16 rounds.

DocF225
17th February 2008, 04:41
As much as I'd like to see McLaren move to the front, I have to concur that Ferrari is going to be tough to beat this year and Kimi is going to lead their efforts. Barring a bizzare turn of events, Kimi will take it going away.

Valve Bounce
18th February 2008, 01:50
Who's your favourite for the title, I would love to say Trulli... but must say Kimi ;)

I thin that, becaue of his personality, Kimi appears to be everybody's favourite. Besides, he's also bloody fast.

leopard
18th February 2008, 08:33
Without naming the driver, I support driver emphatically had to return back at home whose probability is not too much.

Mark
18th February 2008, 08:39
I would love to see Hamilton be champ but after everything that went on this season I can't see it anything other than McLaren being weaker in 2008, so I think Ferrari will win it, and it will be Kimi again.

leopard
18th February 2008, 09:04
I would love to see Hamilton be champ but after everything that went on this season I can't see it anything other than McLaren being weaker in 2008, so I think Ferrari will win it, and it will be Kimi again.
Why do you have to feel that pessimism, the season doesn't yet start any race. If so would you admit that the fast last year's McLaren was contribution of someone who is now leaving them?.

Mark
18th February 2008, 09:35
Why do you have to feel that pessimism, the season doesn't yet start any race. If so would you admit that the fast last year's McLaren was contribution of someone who is now leaving them?.

They were distracted last year when they should have been concentrating on the new car, plus they have halted development in several areas in order to satisfy FIA inspectors. I think McLaren will be fast but they won't be running at 100%, and you have to be at 101% to beat Ferrari!

pino
18th February 2008, 15:50
Looking at poll results so far, there won't be any title-fight at all this year...let's hope we all wrong then :p :

Knock-on
18th February 2008, 15:57
They were distracted last year when they should have been concentrating on the new car, plus they have halted development in several areas in order to satisfy FIA inspectors. I think McLaren will be fast but they won't be running at 100%, and you have to be at 101% to beat Ferrari!

McLaren will undoubtedly we weakened this year after the FIAsco of '07 and the debilitating reduction in on-site resources that they have to suffer at each meeting this year. Bear in mind that the Ferrari was the better car in my opinion in '07 and will have benefited from being able to concentrate and progress when the Mac is being hung, drawn and quartered by the FIA.

However, there is a fight in McLaren that will not take this lying down and Lewis is and excellent driver who has had a superb years worth of experience; both good and bad. If Lewis and the team come out like I think they will, they will stand toe to toe with Ferrari even though they are the underdogs in almost every respect.

I eagerly await the start of the season and am going to take a punt down the bookies of a Hamilton WDC in '08.

As an aside, I also expect Honda and Button to have turned the corner now and from a slow start, to begin scoring points and have a good finish to the year.

jens
18th February 2008, 22:46
I guess I don't have an original answer as Kimi seems an obvious choice. A year ago I thought that Kimi and Felipe will have a close team-mate battle (which more or less proved to be so), but now I think the Finn will be slightly better.

This is probably the first year, when I seriously hope that McLaren will be very competitive and a title contender and also why not a winner. Can't deny that likeable drivers have played part in the change of that attitude. :p : Tests are so-so... McLaren is presumably somewhere 0,2-0,5 seconds behind Ferrari, but we have almost a month to go - maybe we won't have a boring season. Still the hope is there.

If McLaren is a bit inferior to Ferrari, then Hamilton might finish second again in the WDC and he might get the image of a 'loser' in quite an early phase of his career...

As there are so many options in the poll, then it was a bit sad to see that most of them had zero votes and therefore I voted for Heidfeld. :p : I would have seriously considered him a bit more than a month ago, but I'm afraid BMW is not ready yet to take such challenge... But Nick is not a youngster any more and what longer it takes for BMW to become seriously competitive, that fewer are the chanches that Nick might ever get a proper chance... Kinda feel sorry to him already.

F1boat
19th February 2008, 09:44
Looking at poll results so far, there won't be any title-fight at all this year...let's hope we all wrong then :p :

I personally would like a dominant championship win by Kimi.

uskram
19th February 2008, 09:55
Whoever starts most from pole position will win the championship of follow my leader racing!

Dzeidzei
19th February 2008, 12:45
If McLaren is a bit inferior to Ferrari, then Hamilton might finish second again in the WDC and he might get the image of a 'loser' in quite an early phase of his career...

I´d say youre assuming a lot here. Firstly, that McL will be the 2nd fastest team out there.... Im not so sure about that, just wait for Melbourne.

And secondly, why do you expect Lewis to automatically beat Heikki? I think the Lewis fans and the UK magazines and websites are in for a big blow. The problem with Heikki is of course that he´s such a nice guy. Even talkative, can you imagine that in a Finn?

But Ferrari and Kimi seem to be way in front of everyone at the moment. Thats not neccessarily good, we wnat to see a good show. And Kimi winning after a hard fight.

555-04Q2
19th February 2008, 13:00
Wow !!! Kimi seems to be the overwhelming favourite for 2008 !!!

My money is on one of the Ferrari boys to take the WDC in 2008 :)

millencolin
19th February 2008, 14:48
i said webber... its instinct... i regret saying that :p :

in all seriousness... Kimi for sureeeee

jens
19th February 2008, 21:51
I´d say youre assuming a lot here. Firstly, that McL will be the 2nd fastest team out there.... Im not so sure about that, just wait for Melbourne.

And secondly, why do you expect Lewis to automatically beat Heikki? I think the Lewis fans and the UK magazines and websites are in for a big blow. The problem with Heikki is of course that he´s such a nice guy. Even talkative, can you imagine that in a Finn?

At the moment we're all assuming here I guess. But if McLaren turns out not to be second fastest, then who will be second fastest? :)

About Lewis vs Heikki. Well, HK can surely not be underestimated, but I still have a feeling that the probability of LH winning the battle is a bit bigger. How much is "a bit", I have no idea.

Tazio
19th February 2008, 23:23
Although I picked the Ferrari Boys 1,2, The one area that they may only be 3rd, best in is reliability.
IMHO McLaren and Renault will be more reliable and possibly but not likely Sauber. Kimi has been quoted,
as saying the car is suited to driving without traction control. That’s fine! But you have to finish!

jso1985
20th February 2008, 01:10
Whoever starts most from pole position will win the championship of follow my leader racing!

This is novelty! an F1 hater who doesn't follow F1! ;)

Cause as far as I'm aware neither Massa nor Hamilton won last years WDC

uskram
20th February 2008, 11:58
I don't hate formula one at all. I just wish that it would go back to when there was plenty of overtaking not this follow my leader stuff. The only good thing at the moment is to show how exceptional the talent of certain drivers is just to be to overtake. Unfortunately it is not a spectacle for the fans anymore, that's all I'm trying to get across here...........

ShiftingGears
20th February 2008, 12:13
I don't hate formula one at all. I just wish that it would go back to when there was plenty of overtaking not this follow my leader stuff. The only good thing at the moment is to show how exceptional the talent of certain drivers is just to be to overtake. Unfortunately it is not a spectacle for the fans anymore, that's all I'm trying to get across here...........

Agreed. Wider cars with less downforce and harder slicks is the way to go.

Dzeidzei
22nd February 2008, 09:52
At the moment we're all assuming here I guess. But if McLaren turns out not to be second fastest, then who will be second fastest? :)

About Lewis vs Heikki. Well, HK can surely not be underestimated, but I still have a feeling that the probability of LH winning the battle is a bit bigger. How much is "a bit", I have no idea.

I said Im not sure McL will be the 2nd fastest. I think it might be a good battle with the beamer. And I think Freddie might show some good results even tho he´s a whiner. And of course I hope Nico will be right there as well.

About the rest? Toyota cant be as bad as before, but Jarno is no Schumi. I dont believe in Honda, the drivers are just not good enough, they are both only wingman quality. And quite often it takes an exceptional driver to lift the team.

And about Lewis vs Heikki... I think youre confusing probability with opinion. The former has to do with statistics which we dont have. I guess we can all agree on that it´ll be interesting.

woody2goody
22nd February 2008, 13:09
Agreed. Wider cars with less downforce and harder slicks is the way to go.

Don't think wider cars will help overtaking really it's hard enough already.

There should be only certain areas of the car that teams can modify that don't greatly affect the airflow coming out of the back of the car. Such as going back to a plain-ish 2004-style sidepod with only one little flick-up bit to get the air over the rear tyres.

Maybe the front wing and rear wing should be these modifiable areas.

I agree with slick tyres though :)

woody2goody
22nd February 2008, 13:14
By the way, the championship:

1) Kimi
2) Hamilton
3) Massa
4) Kovalainen
5) Heidfeld
6) Alonso
7) Rosberg
8) Coulthard
9) Kubica
10) Piquet
11) Trulli
12) Nakajima
13) Webber
14) Bourdais
15) Glock
16) Button
17) Vettel
18) Fisichella
19) Barrichello
20) Sutil
21) Davidson
22) Sato

Let me know what you think :)

ShiftingGears
22nd February 2008, 13:43

More mechanical grip.

SGWilko
22nd February 2008, 17:02

I think the rule book for 2009 should be turned on its head, and only innovations previously seen on Whacky Races be allowed...... ;)

woody2goody
23rd February 2008, 04:17
More mechanical grip.

Oh ok fair enough :)

Ranger
25th February 2008, 11:32
By the way, the championship:

8) Coulthard

13) Webber

Let me know what you think :)

Wrong! :D

7) Rosberg

12) Nakajima

1) Kimi

Right! :D

Brown, Jon Brow
25th February 2008, 11:41
It's going to be a boring season if this poll is anything to go by! :s

osg
25th February 2008, 19:29
Kimi Back to Back..........

woody2goody
25th February 2008, 21:39

Right! :D

he he :) where would you put these respective drivers?

Ranger
26th February 2008, 05:55
he he :) where would you put these respective drivers?

Here goes: :)

- Raikkonen is my bet for champion.
- Nakajima has been no slowpoke in his solitary race and throughout testing. I might go as far as saying he'll outscore Rosberg. That would be interesting, but he certainly won't be 5 positions below Rosberg (barring injury).
- Webber was the Red Bull driver who retired from much higher (points) positions last year, despite similar DNF numbers to Coulthard. The car is more reliable this year, so I would say he will outscore Coulthard. He won't be 5-odd positions behind in any case.
- Kubica may outscore Heidfeld, he's looked much better without TC than quick Nick.
- I would be surprised if Bourdais outscored Vettel. That'll be close.
- Button will firmly beat Barrichello. No question.
- Fisi may beat Adrian.
- I dunno about Jarno and Timo.
- ...will Super Aguri even be on the grid??

Here's my team predictions:

1. Ferrari
2. McLaren
3. BMW
=. Renault
=. Red Bull
=. Williams (This group is pretty close)
7. STR
8. Toyota
9. Honda
10. Force India
11. Super Aguri (if they make it)

jso1985
27th February 2008, 03:38
- Button will firmly beat Barrichello. No question.

wanna bet? ;)

Nurburgring
27th February 2008, 05:13
1st place Hamilton
2nd place Alonso
3rd place Webber

Spoonbender
27th February 2008, 16:28
Who will win: Lewis Hamilton, Who do I want to win: Jenson Button. Can you tell I'm from England, what's wrong with a bit of patriotism :)

markabilly
2nd March 2008, 17:37

You messed up the poll, as i have looked and looked and fail to see my hero, Scotno Speed, listed anywhere!!!

All of the rest of the listed names are just a bunch of sorry losers and worthless chokers, not worth the time to read their names nor the time to vote....go scot go, the WDC is yours to take!!!!

Tazio
2nd March 2008, 22:08
Could somone tell me if my Time-piece is "Correct"?

LeonBrooke
3rd March 2008, 05:28
Sebastien Vettel, he's been fast in testing, so there's a possibility, plus he's not one of the more fancied runners so it would be cooler if he won.