PDA

View Full Version : Pickem's Thread already closed?

Alexamateo
14th February 2008, 23:53
Stan,

In light of the fact that the usual deadline is the Friday before the race. (In fact when I originally looked I thought it closed on Friday at 6 pm.), Can the pickem's thread be opened? I was waiting until after the qualifiers to pick. heck we've only got 29 entries for the biggest Nascar race of the year. I did not see that you or someone else changed it until today at 1:00.

Thank you

Sparky1329
15th February 2008, 00:53
That's a bummer Alex but picks are due in before QF. The Duels are QF. :(

Alexamateo
15th February 2008, 02:06
That's a bummer Alex but picks are due in before QF. The Duels are QF. :(

When Mark posted the original post the deadline read "Friday 15th February '08 18:00", I said "great I'll post after the duels." Now I see it is arbritarily changed. In a normal race I would agree with you before qualifying, but in this case it's more like the Indy 500. I mean, you are not going to close Indy's 2 weeks before the race are you? I am just asking that it be changed back to the original deadline.

Sparky1329
15th February 2008, 04:28
Oh, you're talking about Mark's pickems. I don't play those. I thought you were referring to Stan's game.

RaceFanStan
15th February 2008, 04:56
Qualifying is the deadline & like it has been stated, the Duels are qualifying.
The qualifying time was corrected on the 13th.

People will also need to remember that for Saturday night races, qualifying will be on Thursday.

harvick#1
15th February 2008, 06:32
damn MD got his picks in :p :

Alexamateo
15th February 2008, 13:02
Qualifying is the deadline & like it has been stated, the Duels are qualifying.
The qualifying time was corrected on the 13th.

People will also need to remember that for Saturday night races, qualifying will be on Thursday.

That's fine Stan, but I am only asking for a little latitude for the first race, seeing as how Mark originally listed it as Friday. Seeing that, I said I would wait until Thursday after the races to pick. Usually Pickem race threads are put up two weeks in advance and this one was only started on the 12th. I only saw the original thread, not the corrected one. Please grant me a little grace here under the circumstances.

jonny hurlock
15th February 2008, 13:27
totally unfair

RaceFanStan
15th February 2008, 14:13
Due to the lateness of the NASCAR Pickem being posted,
and the fact that qualifying for the Daytona 500 doesn't quarantee success,
I will reopen the Daytona NASCAR Pickem & change the deadline to Saturday @ 6:00 PM (ET).

If anyone wants to change their picks it has to be done by posting new picks.

jonny hurlock
15th February 2008, 14:28
thanks

Alexamateo
15th February 2008, 14:29
THanks Stan! :D

tstran17_88
17th February 2008, 15:52
Stan, you 'ol softie! :laugh: