PDA

View Full Version : A positive feeling for 2008

racing59
14th February 2008, 23:18
The VSR V8 Trophy heads into uncharted waters with a positive feeling.

It's like someone has turned a light on, and we can see again.

There is renewed interest in the series from the media, and together with the VSR V8's and V6's (and any 2 litre Super Silhouettes that come along), we aim to continue the show.

And there's more to come.

Yung
15th February 2008, 02:40
:D

SteveA
15th February 2008, 09:21
It's like someone has turned a light on

Would that be the right-turn indicator? ;)

Reynard
15th February 2008, 12:43
Can't wait to see the cars full chat through Coram! :D And yes, it *IS* a right-hander. Should be good, Snett is a nice and challenging little circuit in its own right.

I'm looking forward to the coming year, methinks.

hicksy
15th February 2008, 13:40
I too am looking forward to the coming year. I wont be able to get to as many races as I would like but I would like to congratulate the people behind the scenes for the forward thinking and hard work to keep this series going. I sincerely hope that this year will draw more attention to the series. I think with the current coverage of NASCAR on Sky also, more people in this country will become interested. In last nights coverage there was a discussion about NASCAR coming to Rockingham. Although they did not think it would happen, there was discussion of other series such as ARCA coming to Rockingham and Lausitz.

:up:

nwpsys
15th February 2008, 14:25
I will be taking my first ever trip to Snetterton at the end of March for the VSR V8 Trophy.

May I hijack this thread ever-so-slightly and ask for some recommendations on good viewing locations ? My tired old legs would definitely prefer me being seated ;-)

Cheers,

nwpsys

Henry Cutts
15th February 2008, 14:28
I will be taking my first ever trip to Snetterton at the end of March for the VSR V8 Trophy.

May I hijack this thread ever-so-slightly and ask for some recommendations on good viewing locations ? My tired old legs would definitely prefer me being seated ;-)

Cheers,

nwpsys

The esses / the bomb hole area is a good spot & Bring a chair

racing59
15th February 2008, 20:17
The new spectator banks along the Revitt Straight should offer a good viewpoint of V8's on full song. In olden times, when I was a boy!!... there was a grandstand at Russell Bend. Now there's just a bank for the spectators. Plenty of space to set your deckchair!!

I was there today, and they have done a lot of work since last year.

Lots of spots where you can park your car to view too.

Glen 320
15th February 2008, 20:40
I am looking forward to this year and will definetly get to snetterton ,maybe brands too if time allows.Get yourself a deck chair set up at russell's its usually quite entertaining!

Reynard
15th February 2008, 22:43

Cheers,

nwpsys

There is no seating at Snett (the grandstand disappeared at the end of '99) so you'll have to bring your own. If the meeting is small, then you can hop in your car and drive round the access road around the outside of the circuit and pick a vantage point to suit.

Russell is always good as it's near the paddock and you can see all the way from the exit of Coram to partway up the straight. Also, between the Esses and the Bombhole is always a nice spot. My personal favourite is the exit of Coram on the outside of the circuit.

For Snett I'd also recommend a sturdy set of comfy boots (the soil is, depending on the weather, either very sandy or very soupy), a good packed lunch and a warm coat.

Nick Brad
15th February 2008, 22:48
Going off topic slightly ever so briefly, when are the tin snails at Snetterton this year? Between the V8 trophy and pickups I haven't got a lot of weekends, (or cash,) spare, but I say every year I want to go see these in action.

english4ever
16th February 2008, 01:28
The new spectator banks along the Revitt Straight should offer a good viewpoint of V8's on full song. In olden times, when I was a boy!!... there was a grandstand at Russell Bend. Now there's just a bank for the spectators. Plenty of space to set your deckchair!!

I was there today, and they have done a lot of work since last year.

Lots of spots where you can park your car to view too.

Ha Ha Ha i used to sit in that Grandstand to!! i used to think it was great as i used to sit in there with my Dad when Lotus or Pacific (from Thetford) Formula one teams were testing there if it was really cold we used to stand in the old red phone box along the start straight to keep warm!!!! i Can't wait to go to Snetterton to see the V8's not cause i'm helping in a team because i've grown up around there and would love it for racing thats true to my heart to come so close to home. This year has a real good feel to it and very well done to Duane and others for not giving up and the tireless and stressfull hours they are working in to try to and make the series work. i do hold my hat up to them because i want to see a series that one day i can take my kids to and say i was once and feel very proudly to of been a part of that.

I hope that people who have supported Rockingham of the past and the present give us a chance at the different circuits that we visit a look. I think you will be surprised and go away smiling thinking WOW...... I know that i have not been so well behaved on this forum and i apologise for that i just have very strong feelings and don't think before i type sometimes, but if you ever have the chance to see the cars in all their glory on a circuit come see me and i promise you i am a nice guy!!! Who knows i'll let you take a picture with me!!!!! ha ha ha!!! i'll probally split the lens!!!

right i'm off to bed as i've gotta be up early.

Tractor.

nwpsys
16th February 2008, 10:45
Lot's of good advice. Thanks all. See you there :)

ready2rock
16th February 2008, 12:05
Going off topic slightly ever so briefly, when are the tin snails at Snetterton this year?

2CVs?

Nick Brad
16th February 2008, 12:09
Yeah, lol. 2CV's is what I meant. I have one outside, but my house mate won't have it on the road in time for me to borrow it unfortunately.

ready2rock
16th February 2008, 12:11
Yeah, lol. 2CV's is what I meant. I have one outside, but my house mate won't have it on the road in time for me to borrow it unfortunately.

Haha 9th and 10th of August, also they're there on the friday as there's no monday then :)

Nick Brad
16th February 2008, 12:32
A week after Thruxton, right. Will make a note of it. Surprised they've moved it to later in the year though, the 24 hr race has always been April/May time.

Sticker Rub
16th February 2008, 16:09
Ha Ha Ha i used to sit in that Grandstand to!! i used to think it was great as i used to sit in there with my Dad when Lotus or Pacific (from Thetford) Formula one teams were testing there if it was really cold we used to stand in the old red phone box along the start straight to keep warm!!!! i Can't wait to go to Snetterton to see the V8's not cause i'm helping in a team because i've grown up around there and would love it for racing thats true to my heart to come so close to home. This year has a real good feel to it and very well done to Duane and others for not giving up and the tireless and stressfull hours they are working in to try to and make the series work. i do hold my hat up to them because i want to see a series that one day i can take my kids to and say i was once and feel very proudly to of been a part of that.

I hope that people who have supported Rockingham of the past and the present give us a chance at the different circuits that we visit a look. I think you will be surprised and go away smiling thinking WOW...... I know that i have not been so well behaved on this forum and i apologise for that i just have very strong feelings and don't think before i type sometimes, but if you ever have the chance to see the cars in all their glory on a circuit come see me and i promise you i am a nice guy!!! Who knows i'll let you take a picture with me!!!!! ha ha ha!!! i'll probally split the lens!!!

right i'm off to bed as i've gotta be up early.

Tractor.

What's this, Stepford Tractors? What have you done with Tractor Boy? :laugh:

ready2rock
16th February 2008, 17:30
A week after Thruxton, right. Will make a note of it. Surprised they've moved it to later in the year though, the 24 hr race has always been April/May time.

Yeh used to be May bak holiday, hence why its now Fri/Sat/Sun, but only a few bits on Friday. They moved it mainly due to the weather i believe...24 hours in pouring rain i don't suppose is fun, and it gets dark later.

hmmm - donuts
16th February 2008, 19:19
Hoping to get along for the Snetterton meeting - my first trip there. I see one of the other series that weekend is Formula Jedi - never seen them but have heard they are quite frantic (like the Legends) and are supposed to make for entertaining racing.

Regards

Gasman#99
16th February 2008, 19:21
I know that i have not been so well behaved on this forum and i apologise , come see me and i promise you i am a nice guy!!! Who knows i'll let you take a picture with me!!!!!
Tractor.
But be warned, i met him today trying to pinch my wheels of my van, no not joking- he had one of when i caught him!!!! and dont bring your daughter as they wont be safe either. :D

Reynard
16th February 2008, 21:37
Yeh used to be May bak holiday, hence why its now Fri/Sat/Sun, but only a few bits on Friday. They moved it mainly due to the weather i believe...24 hours in pouring rain i don't suppose is fun, and it gets dark later.

Last year it was absolutely 'orrible. Cold, wet, mucky and it basically didn't stop hosing it down for three days.

Hope to see you there this year at last, Nick. ;)

Actually, most formulae are pretty good to watch around Snett - PUT aside, the best in terms of entertainment IMHO are the 750MC Stock Hatches. They're totally bonkers! I mean five wide through Russell, you'd think that's crazy but they do try... :laugh:

Having said that, I bet the V8's will be awesome through the Bombhole / Coram section. And make a mistake there and Russell suddenly becomes that little bit more umm, challenging. ;) Am looking forward to seeing how that works out. :)

Tractorboy.
18th February 2008, 21:09
What's this, Stepford Tractors? What have you done with Tractor Boy? :laugh:

He's back!!!!! i can log on now!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

racing59
18th February 2008, 21:57
You bad boy!