PDA

View Full Version : Never Mind This Merger Stuff, What About Kat Legge?

bzcam
14th February 2008, 16:09
The last anyone heard from her she was denying the Audi deal. Seems she wanted to be wanted but also wanted to hold out for a better ride with CC or someone else. She wasn't at Sebring with DC and seems to have completely dropped off the face of the earth. I would be happy to see her back with CC or in the IRL. I think that she would do well in either series and if I was an owner, I would for sure hire her before Sarah Fisher or Milka No-Talent or maybe even litte-miss-swimsuit-edition.

I hope she stays on the American scene in some capacity and gets the support a driver of her caliber deserves. Any one heard anything else about her?

BZ

Andrewmcm
14th February 2008, 16:16
Her contract was with KK I think - a 2-year deal that ended last season. If KK is out of CCWS I guess the question owners are faced with is if Katherine is good enough for a seat on merit. Or, perhaps more pertinently, does she have the cash to get a ride for the year?

14th February 2008, 16:18
I hope she stays on the American scene in some capacity and gets the support a driver of her caliber deserves. Any one heard anything else about her?

BZ

Last report was that she was testing for Audi in the DTM.

gofastandwynn
14th February 2008, 17:27
Last report was that she was testing for Audi in the DTM.

Last I heard she is still in Indianapolis working out hard to get ready for the season, but she didn't mention where she will be racing...

BobGarage
14th February 2008, 17:38
she posted on ccf last week.

says she tested in France for Audi DTM a couple of weeks ago and that is looking her best option at the moment.

Chaparral66
14th February 2008, 23:58
I heard she was getting to pose in a fishnet body stocking for Car and Driver magazine.

Kidding... :D

weeflyonthewall
18th February 2008, 23:39
Could well have something going with Minardi USA.

maddog76
19th February 2008, 06:07
I heard she was gonna pose for SI swimsuit issue but its strictly A cups this year.

nigelred5
19th February 2008, 14:32
I heard she was getting to pose in a fishnet body stocking for Car and Driver magazine.

Kidding... :D

Oh you * bleepin* tease!!! I would actually suscribe to C&D again just to see that!! That's a real woman. IMHO, DP's built like the proverbial 12 year old boy.

I keep seeing the reports of the Audi DTM ride which is fine if things turn out the way it's looking they will. I don't want to see her mangled by a wall on a speedway.

Chaparral66
19th February 2008, 17:34
Oh you * bleepin* tease!!! I would actually suscribe to C&D again just to see that!! That's a real woman. IMHO, DP's built like the proverbial 12 year old boy.

I keep seeing the reports of the Audi DTM ride which is fine if things turn out the way it's looking they will. I don't want to see her mangled by a wall on a speedway.

Well, check out the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated, in newsstands now. You might readjust your thinking on that, since Lady Danica is prominently featured in a white bikini.

bzcam
19th February 2008, 19:04
Could well have something going with Minardi USA.

This was sufficiently subtle and off the wall that it might actually have something behind it. Do tell. What have you heard about Kat and Mindardi? Is there anything there?

Again, I would love to see Kat in the IRL. I think she could smoke most of the IRL regulars on the road courses and she a few of them a thing or two on the ovals as well. She is certainly a better driver that Sarah or Danica and let's not even talk about Milka.

BZ

ArrowsFA1
21st February 2008, 14:12
Katherine Legge has been confirmed in Audi's line-up and will drive a 2006-model A4.
The former Champ Car racer said: "The cars are certainly a challenge to drive and very different to the single-seaters I am used to.
"My aim for the season is to learn as much as possible, do the best job that I can, hopefully finish every race and ideally score points."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65249

nigelred5
21st February 2008, 20:49
Well, check out the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated, in newsstands now. You might readjust your thinking on that, since Lady Danica is prominently featured in a white bikini.

I've seen it, I hold to my previous opinion! She looks ok, just Not my cup o' tea.

vintage
22nd February 2008, 04:15
Is this finally the end of the Katherine Legge debates?? We'll see how she does in DTM. She has a good ride, so no excuses anymore.

electron
22nd February 2008, 06:24
Is this finally the end of the Katherine Legge debates?? We'll see how she does in DTM. She has a good ride, so no excuses anymore.

am sorry but I don't think so... she is with TME, the worst Team in DTM with a 2 year old car. beating the teammate or the Mercedes Girl and not being deadlast is a good showing in this team.

But a good move as she will race and the Audi paycheck actually pays bills. She will undoubtedly earn more there than in her 2 years with Champcar that got her nowhere.

mikiec
22nd February 2008, 12:32
That's a shame... would have been nice to have finally get an answer to the 'who's the better driver, Kat or Danica?' debate. IMO, she got shafted by KK last season by dumping her from PKV. She did OK in her first season and if it wasn't for the crash at Road America, was heading for a podium there.