PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Not A Lock For '08

sanguin
13th February 2008, 22:01
"Just heard Cavin on a radio interview...

He says there is one IRL event that could be in some jeopardy for 08'. He said they expected to be back there, but no official contract had been signed yet. He said it was a race that was "south of Kentucky and north of Georgia".

Rumor has it there is no contract.

Alfa Fan
13th February 2008, 22:12
I assume there is more of a point to this than what is immediately obvious?

gofastandwynn
14th February 2008, 02:04
Nice of you to leave out the context of them talking about any IRL events being dropped for the merger, and Cavin's Blog where he states as long as Firestone is involved there will be an Indy Car race in Nashville...

Wraith
14th February 2008, 16:31
Never gone to it, though I've listened on radio most of the time: what's the actual OW racing like at Nashville? (Not just passing back and forth, but actual racing, et al.)

Trying to determine if loss of Nashville would be the kind of pure BS-insanity situation that losing Texas would be.

infoxicated
14th February 2008, 16:58
The slick concrete track doesn't lend itself to side by side action, to be honest. It tends to be more of a fuel conservation race where people struggle to pass unless the driver in front ends up on the high line and has to lift.

That said, it is a decent venue and adds some variety to the ovals - plus the guitar for winning it is an awesome and unique take on what a trophy should be.

I'd be sad to see it go - more sad than when we lost Fontana, but not as sad as I was to lose Michigan, if that puts it in any kind of perspective. :)

indycool
16th February 2008, 14:52
It's a good venue in a good sports town and good racing town. TV ratings for both NASCAR and IRL in Nashville are among the top 10 for races regularly.